Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (12) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jul 31, 2009 6:13 AM

May 2009
Fatestay night is my favorite anime for 4 years... Character chose is great, story is connected to Saber more then u know it and I <3 her! In all 10/10...

Here is some explanation why did have to be ending like this that I wrote for fans on one site...

She died because she wanted. In anime she says that she is alive and wants to die to full became heroic spirit. She doesn't want to be betrayed, again, by her own people...
She wanted to die but she couldn't because she had Avalon within her. Than she completed contract with Holy Grail War. She competed with the master Emiya Kiritsugu. After war, when Kiritsugu found Shiro, he saw the poor boy was going to die, so he put Saber's Avalon within him. Saber returned to her real life it didn't pass second she was summoned again by Shiro. For her the time was frozen in her real life. She thought: "I can finally die piecefully", but Shiro summoned her. Than he gave back to Saber Avalon so she can beat Gilgamesh. When she destroyed the Holy Grail she returned to her painful death and in her way back her wish was granted, she could die... So she asks her loyal servant, Bedivere, to take her sword and throw it in lake, the same lake that Excalibur (depicting Arthur receiving his sword from the Lady of the Lake) was given to her... And then when Excalibur was separated from Avalon she died.

FIN

If u want there is forum topic that has petition of Fate\stay night season 2 so sign it...

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=102778&show=0#post1
ShweleJul 31, 2009 2:19 PM
Aug 7, 2009 4:25 AM

Jan 2009
Saber.... TT_TT

Took that last shot at the end and made it my desktop.

All and all I give this series an 8/10.
Aug 7, 2009 6:30 AM

Aug 2009
To be honest though I didn't care at all for the chararacters. Except mabye Archer But still...

I'm sick of seeing a ending with a character dieing off/leave while leaving their loved one alive. Sure there some reasoning behind it but I dont care for it while during the show they focus on their relationship in the show and right before said character dies/leave they confess there love, while knowing whats going to happen.

Some episodes were done well, (Archers stand off with Berserker, with some great music. But most of it was poor either due poor plot and pacing to crappy dialogue and characters.
Aug 7, 2009 6:41 AM

May 2009
reptilia said:
To be honest though I didn't care at all for the chararacters. Except mabye Archer But still...

I'm sick of seeing a ending with a character dieing off/leave while leaving their loved one alive. Sure there some reasoning behind it but I dont care for it while during the show they focus on their relationship in the show and right before said character dies/leave they confess there love, while knowing whats going to happen.

Some episodes were done well, (Archers stand off with Berserker, with some great music. But most of it was poor either due poor plot and pacing to crappy dialogue and characters.

Well I wrote why is it so crappy ending.And u told that anime sux, but u only watched 9 anime. Plot is awesome. It is more connected to Saber more then u know it. Dialogue are boring a little bcs they are explanations. If u want I can explain some stuff about it that u don't get.
Aug 8, 2009 5:17 AM

Aug 2009
Shwele said:
reptilia said:
Well I wrote why is it so crappy ending.And u told that anime sux, but u only watched 9 anime. Plot is awesome. It is more connected to Saber more then u know it. Dialogue are boring a little bcs they are explanations. If u want I can explain some stuff about it that u don't get.
Nah.. I think I've watch quite a bit more than 9 shows ^^ I just dont spend the time with going through lists and adding anime, and I doubt I every will.

It not that I dont understand it, more-so I just didn't like how they done alot of things, and while as I said the endings had its reason, I'm just tried of seeing such a simliar type of ending here like in alot of other shows. I find it unsatisfying 95% of the time. Good thing for me this time since i couldn't care less about the main couple in the show.
Aug 9, 2009 4:09 AM
Apr 2008
Clearly 24 episodes weren't enough to wrap up the series. Many of events which took place in visual novel are missing, but however overall, I thoroughly enjoyed this series.
Aug 15, 2009 6:24 AM

Jul 2008
Didn't like this series too much. There were too many times where they learned new techniques to save the day. Also a lot of the reasonings for events and phenomena that occured throughout the series were way too impractical. Overall I gave this series a 6/10, Saber and Tohsaka were the only parts that made this tolerable for me.
Aug 31, 2009 7:16 AM

Aug 2009
Overall an Ok anime. I agree with a lot of reviews on the pacing and character development. With 24 episodes you would have hoped for more development, but it just felt shoe-horned in. The ending, however sad (and did suck) is typical in some sense. Asian story-telling has an almost Greek tragedy quality to it, where love loss is the norm. It is American (Western if you will) to want to wrap up everything into happy endings. I for one, would have like to have seen Saber continue her dream. Would it not have rocked at the final shot with the plushie lion, if it fell over and Saber came by and straightened it..fade to black.
Aug 31, 2009 1:26 PM

Jul 2007
yakyuu-addict said:
Didn't like this series too much. There were too many times where they learned new techniques to save the day. Also a lot of the reasonings for events and phenomena that occured throughout the series were way too impractical. Overall I gave this series a 6/10, Saber and Tohsaka were the only parts that made this tolerable for me.

Only once in ep 15 Emiya projecting Excaliburn was the only thing fitting with your description. About the reasonings and events part : It is indeed true that the anime leaves a lot of importand staff from VN. Still if you havent played the VN besides some minor questions you shall have no problem with the way the things moved on.
Sep 1, 2009 5:30 PM

May 2009
Lepchin17 said:
Saber.... TT_TT

Took that last shot at the end and made it my desktop.

All and all I give this series an 8/10.

did the same as you. Saber's ending made me so sad :(
Oct 1, 2009 8:39 AM

Jul 2009
blackfeather_58 said:
I found the pacing to be terrible; it pretty much ruined the show for me.

Yeah I totally agree. The ending was fairly lame too. Overall I'll give it 7.5/10

Storyline 8/10 - There was potential for a really good story but some parts were jumbled up or hurried which comes from 3 different stories from the Visual Novel being put together I guess

Characters 7/10 - Some of them were cool (Saber, Archer, Gilgamesh) others annoyed me (Shirou, Tohsaka, Ilya) and some didn't appear enough or get enough story (Lancer)

Animation 7/10 - Nothing wrong with it, it was just a bit generic for my liking and not enough awesome effects in the fights.
Oct 7, 2009 10:48 PM

Jun 2009
I throughly enjoyed this anime, giving it a 8/10, i hated the ending, i hated half the characters, but other than that.. pretty solid enjoyable anime. It wasn't a HORRID ending, just not the one i wanted + could've been so much better. Nuff said!
Oct 24, 2009 3:34 AM

Aug 2009
hm...I didn't like the ending :-P
Didn't Shirou already convince Saber, that she hasn't to go back in her time?
But still, at least this anime had an "original" ending, I think.
Overall, this anime was, to me, definitely over standard, if compared to the "standard shounen"-stuff, where never someone really dies and that stuff^^
I'm thinking between 8 or 9 points. I'll give first 8 points and change it when I decided^^
Nov 2, 2009 4:44 PM

Nov 2009
Kira01 said:
Just as I thought..

An unhappy happy ending..

Thus, Fate/Stay Night cannot be one of my five favorite animes.

Because Archer fulfilled Shirou's ideal and became a superhero, but in the end realized that his dream was a fake, and everything he did was a mistake. He hates being a guardian so he tries to kill Shirou in the hopes that if his former self dies, then he too will disappear.
Nov 20, 2009 7:54 AM

Dec 2008
1 of my favorite anime i give it a 10/10
Nov 22, 2009 10:39 PM

Jan 2009
Nice series, but it wasn't as epic as I'd hoped it would be...but enjoyable no the less. I don't get why people are knocking the animation cause I found it to be absolutely stunning. THORA subs are awesome!

8/10

Dec 1, 2009 10:23 AM

May 2008
Kinda dislike the ending, but good (7/10) anime overall
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 1, 2009 7:38 PM

Jun 2009
One of the best things about this show was the ending, which I thought was well done. I'm still not a big fan of either Saber or Shirou as characters, in fact I liked Rin and Archer far more than them two by the end. As others have said, there were a ton of plot holes and not every ones relationships were explained.

7/10
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Dec 6, 2009 5:05 AM

Jun 2009
I really hope that I'd like this show more. This is the show, that all my childhood friends and little cousin love with a passion... They kept recommending it to me, as well as talk about how great it is...

But I have to be honest, I don't enjoy this show. This show bored me more than it entertained me.

Story:

Characters:

I originally planned to give this show a 5... As much as I don't like the show... Tohsaka Rin's character and Archer's fight scene have made more then some impression on me...

I dig deep into my memories and try to remember the bits and pieces of the show that entertained me little by little... forcefully boost it up to 6...

I am being extremely biased/generous for this show...
AirStylesDec 6, 2009 5:12 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 6, 2009 2:51 PM

Nov 2009
Admittedly, the weakest part of the anime is that it's an anime for the fans of the VN. A lot of characters seem to have no point and plot holes are abundant.

I love the anime, however, this might be because I have read the VN. I can't help but be biased.
Dec 16, 2009 1:41 PM

Nov 2009
Ah, I really enjoyed this anime. I knew what was going to happen, having played through the visual novel first, but it still really hit me at the end. Sure, a lot was cut, but I still enjoyed it. Though I'd recommend that people play the visual novel for the full experience, so much more emotional playing through it yourself and so much more depth to the story and the characters, especially with three arcs to cover.

Dec 18, 2009 5:17 PM
Jul 2009
I think that the ending was probably the best episode for me. It was kinda sad but VERY good.

There were many questions left without answers, like Archer's true identity and possible connection to Saber. I was surprised he was killed halfway through the anime. :|

Overall, I give it 8/10.

Again, beautiful ending! ^_^
Jan 2, 2010 3:16 PM

May 2008
The series was ok..
Jan 18, 2010 8:46 PM

Aug 2008
Epic ending.... Thought it was going to be cliched.... Well it was kinda cliched... but man... there couldn't be a more awesome ending to it... In the end Shirou's wishes were granted... to the cost of letting go his beloved one... but just as xXxHOLiC explains us... and show us perfectly fine, we have to pay with a equal amount the weight of what we wish for... In this case.... The Grail's destruction...

The episode itself can be seen as two different parts... the Emotional one... and the final showdown one.... the emo one was nice... after all everything that happened on that part of the epi was awaited... But Saber saying that she loves Shirou? Okay that wasn't in my books... Well I guess that's what made this ending a nice one

Yes it was rather sad... but Shirou is sound and well and everyone else besides Saber is alright and there... Yet strings were left untied.... That's something that annoys me of most cases... but just because it's an adaptation of a TYPE-MOON game and VN I won't be arguing about it anymore...

Poor Shirou... Well... At least everything is solved now... And maybe Rin-chan will be able to make Shirou fall for her... that little talk before school was a nice start... GO RIN!!!

Overall the show had awesome Sound and Animation, the Characters and the Story is rather weak.... 10 for S&A... 8 for Story, 7 to Characs and 9 for enjoyment... rounds to a 9 Overall in my books... but I will give it an 8 just because the first half was quite slow for me!

Signs,
Green
Jan 24, 2010 5:42 AM

Nov 2009
Mmm the anime ended, but i still don't know the signifigance of the flashbacks of emiya and the close-up of that amulet after archer died.
for me it was Archer > Saber > Assassin as my favourites..In the end all 3 were dead lol.
overall, decent anime i enjoyed watching it. I hope they make another series...though im not quite sure what they could base it off
Jan 27, 2010 5:57 AM

Jul 2008
Good art and animation of the anime, but they should have sticked to just one path (Fate in this case). The Caster are was no doubt the worst.

I'll give it a 8/10 and if someone asks me if it is worth watching, I'll say "Read the VN first". While many VN's can be hard to read, I found FSN VN to be addicting and easy to read even for those who don't like VN's... not to mention that UBW and HF would probably satisfy a lot of people here more then the Fate path did.
Jan 30, 2010 4:16 PM

Jan 2010
It was a good anime, really enjoyed the series.
But many parts were rushed, and didn't explain properly.
The ending, was great but could extend a little more.. like Shirou goes with Rin or so.
Or something happens that Saber could get back :P
But I give it a 9/10
Jan 31, 2010 2:35 PM

Apr 2009
Oh man, even though it was rushed a bit, and some very important scenes from the VN didn't turn out as well as I'd hoped, this is still a very good anime. I loved watching certain scenes such as Berserker fighting archer, the last battle, and such, animated. I just feel, as good as this is, the emotions don't go as deep as the original, but that's to be expected in the more fast-paced anime. This deserves a 9/10 for me, and even still the VN is definitely incomparably better and cannot be missed if you want to fully enjoy Fate/stay night. It's the sorta game(story?) that you actually feel nostalgia for, definitely worth getting it. Looking forward to that movie of Unlimited/blade works.

Feb 6, 2010 7:43 AM

Sep 2009
One of the best anime..loved it...kinda sad at the end...
Feb 7, 2010 11:26 AM

Jan 2010
Defiance said:
I really liked this story overall, but the ending is what really held me back from rating this a 9, absolutely HATED the ending. The "ok, we worked up all this romance just to say peace out at the end" crap.

Other people might have enjoyed the emo ending but I really think that with all the shit the main characters went through, they should deserve a happily ever after together.

EDIT:rated it a 7 overall

*nods*
I was thinking the same thing. They could have made a better ending, it didn't have to be so bitter.
Feb 20, 2010 4:20 AM

Sep 2009
Hmm....I enjoyed watching this series but there seems to be something missing. I don't know if I should give this a 7 or an 8. I was thinking of giving this a very tentative 8...but now that I think about it, and as I continue to see more anime in the future, I would probably see this as more or a 7 so that will be my rating.
Feb 22, 2010 8:38 AM
Jan 2010
If this show had had no Rin... 4-6.
However, Rin, so I give it a 7.

Still, I didn't like this that much at all. It pretty much turned into crap in the final episodes, and I was just forcing myself to watch it at that point.
Mar 13, 2010 8:32 PM

Mar 2009
I though the final episode or two were the series saving grace.
"When he will, the weary world
Of the senses closely curled
Like a serpent round his heart
Shakes herself and stands apart."
- A.C., Equinox I/I
Mar 14, 2010 3:46 AM
Jul 2018
Dammit... Saber looks so much better with her hair down... :P

The series was between ok and good. The ending will probably boost it up a few marks when I come to tally them up :)
Mar 14, 2010 3:56 AM
Feb 2010
werr-y said:
Defiance said:
I really liked this story overall, but the ending is what really held me back from rating this a 9, absolutely HATED the ending. The "ok, we worked up all this romance just to say peace out at the end" crap.

Other people might have enjoyed the emo ending but I really think that with all the shit the main characters went through, they should deserve a happily ever after together.

EDIT:rated it a 7 overall

*nods*
I was thinking the same thing. They could have made a better ending, it didn't have to be so bitter.

Holy crap, I know. People would say "it's such a cliche" but really, why the hell do they have to make it such a depressing ending? They could have done something slightly less sad, couldn't they? They're dealing with all sorts of epic heroes, so they could have just done some sort of afterlife ass-pull that shows them reunited in the end, or maybe have a cleverly implemented "since the grail was destroyed, there's no magical force left to pull you back to your own time".
Mar 26, 2010 2:29 AM
Mar 2010
its 9/10 ... the ending was good... even its soooo sad XD ... i love saber so much .... i deeply felt the story of it.... i've cried on the ending T_T ....... sooo sad.... its an epic episode ..... thx to type/moon.... i really like the story....
Apr 11, 2010 12:40 PM

Feb 2010
I really liked saber when her hair was down...really moe......

How come there's no season 2 of this anime...only an OVA...

really like the ED song T_T...

what a meaningful song...
CashdaxApr 12, 2010 4:59 AM
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

Apr 15, 2010 9:36 AM

Apr 2010
ending was pretty sad, left a hole in my heart D:

otherwise awesome episode

Apr 25, 2010 6:13 PM

Nov 2009
God I almost cried, was so close at the end.

You kinda get used to seeing happy endings that the sad ones totally catch you off guard.

Rated this a solid 9 as I liked many of the characters with Rin as a notable favourite.
May 5, 2010 11:31 AM
Sep 2008
Wow this anime was a plothole-festival. Nice fights and romance, but in the end not recommendable because of the negative aspects. Gets a 6/10 from me. Read so much good about this that I endured it to the end. Should have just stopped, when the teacher entered the scene. From that scene on it was clear that there were more shit to come.
May 13, 2010 2:57 AM

Mar 2010
Holy crap, I know. People would say "it's such a cliche" but really, why the hell do they have to make it such a depressing ending? They could have done something slightly less sad, couldn't they? They're dealing with all sorts of epic heroes, so they could have just done some sort of afterlife ass-pull that shows them reunited in the end, or maybe have a cleverly implemented "since the grail was destroyed, there's no magical force left to pull you back to your own time".

I'm totally agree, why a sad ending?
The relationship between Saber and Shiro is a plus to my rating but they just throw it away in the end. That why Fate/Stay night never get a 10 from me for such an uncool ending. (Never watch ep24 again!)

Well, actually, i did drop tears at the end with the ending song and when i saw Saber's Lion cos i love Saber so much . T_T . Oh man , manly tears drop again.
darkquachMay 13, 2010 3:09 AM

May 15, 2010 9:21 PM

Dec 2008
The ending was ok, too bad that they didn't end up together but I guess we all saw that coming from the beginning. Lot's of crazy things that I didn't understand. Like, if Shirou will eventually become Archer once again... Who knows. Still, I recommend it.
Jun 5, 2010 6:05 PM

Dec 2009
wait WHAT???
i really hate endings that make me go wait WHAT
hontou ni daikirai
work up all that romance and shit just to show us a middle finger huh?
Jun 9, 2010 4:10 PM

May 2010
This really left me with mixed-feelings, I don't really like this ending but on the other hand props for them doing it like this. I would have still preferred a more ''happy ending''. I just don't see the point, they build something up, the characters went through a lot of events. Then in the last episode just to be killed off, those anime's are good once in a while, but I have seen way too many lately with such an ending. I would take a cliche ending over this one anytime, I think.

I liked the anime though, so I will be lenient on the rating, it was a nice trip.
Jun 11, 2010 1:31 AM

Nov 2009
Everyone who says the ending is cliche and stupid probably did NOT get the point at all. This may be in part to the anime's lack of focus on what Fate is really about (ideals), but the ending was if anything DIFFERENT from what usually happens. It's much more than a sad "main character dies" ending. Instead of viewing it as "Saber died bawww" think "Why did Saber choose to die?" - because YES there was a way for her to live, but that would have hurt the point of fate.

Seriously, of all the shitty things about the anime adaption? The ending is a saving grace. The closing line - still a masterpiece like it was from the visual novel.
Jun 26, 2010 9:58 AM

Jun 2010
First anime I've seen to have an ending that tooke me a day or two to recover from...

Damn that was sad!
Aug 6, 2010 11:33 PM

Jul 2009
Heart pounding, breath taking, and jaw dropping anime... up till the very end.

All I can say to express the ending is "wow." Because you would have never known what would happen next... until the end where three letters make up the word FIN.

Fate...

"The things you can not posses, are the most beautiful of all." -Gelgamesh
Aug 14, 2010 1:39 PM

Jul 2009
restivesilence said:
I do have to say that the ending surprised me, I expected a highly cliche end. So kudos for not doing that.

Oh, yeah! :) I was going to say that. xD I think lots of people would be expecting for Saber to stay, but she went away. Only that rises my score by 1.

As for the ending, I was reaaaally hoping for Tohsaka and Shirou to end up together. Somehow. But I was. T.T
Oh, well, we can't always have what we want. I'll go search for the VN and play it, it wseems like something interesting.
I'll rate this a 7/10.
Sep 4, 2010 10:53 AM

Dec 2009
Liked the anime till the end, didn't like so much the ending but Saber had to return to her time.
Sep 23, 2010 9:19 AM

Aug 2009
crappy ending
Pages (12) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Seriously bro

Yeshaiah2015yesh - Apr 9

10 by Alexioos95 »»
Apr 10, 4:55 AM

Poll: » This or Unlimited Blade Works

Fukoku - Mar 28

13 by deg »»
Mar 31, 9:07 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Ruzgfpegk - Jul 3, 2008

135 by ToG25thBaam »»
Mar 7, 8:25 AM

» Zero or Unlimited Blade Works

infinite_Shadows - Feb 15

16 by Law_of_Cycles »»
Feb 24, 11:16 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

DaBigD - Oct 3, 2008

136 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 12, 1:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.