Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Pages (12) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Post New Reply
Poll: Fate/stay night Episode 24 Discussion


Sep 28, 2011 9:38 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 76
Er... Sorry this might have been asked many times, but can someone tell me where I can get all sources to understand the Fate series atm? (I mean Fate/Zero, Fate Stay Night and even sequels if it has... it doesn't matter if it's game or novel) Just finished watching the anime but it seems the plot wise didn't satisfy nor did it provide complete background stories. It's kinda pain in the ass since Type-Moon always leave us questions what really happened behind the scenes. So, any suggestions? Trust me... I possibly wouldn't have known if my bro hadn't told me Archer was Emiya Shiro or Rin and Sakura where sisters.
 
 
Sep 29, 2011 4:00 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 171
i hate shirou for only one reason..he let saber vanish by dystroying the holy grail?didn't he know what happened in the last war with his father!SHIROU TOLD SABER TO STAY WITH HIM ALL THE TIME.BUT in the end he allowed saber to vanish,though he knew how he could keep her with him..instead of dystroying the holy grail shirou along with saber should have wished to keep saber in the present world and told saber to drink from the grail so that she could maintain her mana+keep the last command seal.i strongly believe if shirou did this saber would have stayed.besides as the grail was dystroyed saber's wish was surely not fulfiled.its like the 4th war...saber didn't die.she was wating to be with shirou again someday.and time she wants to be with shirou forever.may be sixth war.its quite possible cause shirou didn't have a child..so he should again be the master of saber..but i don't want fate stay night to end this way!!i want fate stay night to be remade after fate zero and this time there should be shirouxsaber ending cause fsn fans really want this..or there should be a second season where saber is shirou's SERVENT IN THE NEXT WAR AND THIS TIME Shirou wins the holy grail war and reamin with saber in the rest of his life and after death too!i want shirouxsaber mord than anything.i will be wating for that day when the announcement comes...wating...reamake like fmab as fans want or saber again the servent of shiro 6th war..but shirouxsaber ending..wating....
Mim
 
Sep 29, 2011 1:42 PM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 4845
Jean_Claymore said:
Er... Sorry this might have been asked many times, but can someone tell me where I can get all sources to understand the Fate series atm? (I mean Fate/Zero, Fate Stay Night and even sequels if it has... it doesn't matter if it's game or novel) Just finished watching the anime but it seems the plot wise didn't satisfy nor did it provide complete background stories. It's kinda pain in the ass since Type-Moon always leave us questions what really happened behind the scenes. So, any suggestions? Trust me... I possibly wouldn't have known if my bro hadn't told me Archer was Emiya Shiro or Rin and Sakura where sisters.
All the background info comes from Fate/Stay Night, Fate/Zero and side material released by Type-Moon with questions and trivia of the series. Fate/Stay Night has three completely different (and I do mean completely different) routes of the War of the Holy Grail:
A) Fate route: adapted in Fate/Stay Night anime. Focuses on Saber's backstory, romance and some details on Heroic Spirits.
B) Unlimited Blade Works: adapted in UBW movie and F/SN manga. Focuses on the backstory of Archer and the limitations of a hero. Also reveals the truth about Guardian Spirits.
C) Heavens Feel: Not adapted yet. Focuses on the three Families of magi that created the Holy Grail (Tohsaka, Matou and Einzbern) and reveals the real truth behind the Holy Grail and the war. Several new characters show up, and it's very dark in contrast with the other two routes.

So as you can see, the adaptations only scratch the surface in regards of information. If I'm to compare the routes, Saber route would be your classic romantic shounen, UBW would be your regular action shounen show and Heavens Feel is your dark action thriller.

Just as a little side note, Fate/Stay Night also has an extra epilogue in it's PS2 remake and it has a sequel called Fate/Hollow Ataraxia although the sequel is hardly important in the overall scheme of things, aside from revealing a few details about Avenger.

 
Sep 29, 2011 3:21 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 3856
And to add things. Fate stay night is an H-Game.(If that bothers you)
 
Sep 30, 2011 6:50 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 76
Leon-Gun said:
Jean_Claymore said:
Er... Sorry this might have been asked many times, but can someone tell me where I can get all sources to understand the Fate series atm? (I mean Fate/Zero, Fate Stay Night and even sequels if it has... it doesn't matter if it's game or novel) Just finished watching the anime but it seems the plot wise didn't satisfy nor did it provide complete background stories. It's kinda pain in the ass since Type-Moon always leave us questions what really happened behind the scenes. So, any suggestions? Trust me... I possibly wouldn't have known if my bro hadn't told me Archer was Emiya Shiro or Rin and Sakura where sisters.
All the background info comes from Fate/Stay Night, Fate/Zero and side material released by Type-Moon with questions and trivia of the series. Fate/Stay Night has three completely different (and I do mean completely different) routes of the War of the Holy Grail:
A) Fate route: adapted in Fate/Stay Night anime. Focuses on Saber's backstory, romance and some details on Heroic Spirits.
B) Unlimited Blade Works: adapted in UBW movie and F/SN manga. Focuses on the backstory of Archer and the limitations of a hero. Also reveals the truth about Guardian Spirits.
C) Heavens Feel: Not adapted yet. Focuses on the three Families of magi that created the Holy Grail (Tohsaka, Matou and Einzbern) and reveals the real truth behind the Holy Grail and the war. Several new characters show up, and it's very dark in contrast with the other two routes.

So as you can see, the adaptations only scratch the surface in regards of information. If I'm to compare the routes, Saber route would be your classic romantic shounen, UBW would be your regular action shounen show and Heavens Feel is your dark action thriller.

Just as a little side note, Fate/Stay Night also has an extra epilogue in it's PS2 remake and it has a sequel called Fate/Hollow Ataraxia although the sequel is hardly important in the overall scheme of things, aside from revealing a few details about Avenger.


Oh, thanks a bunch!! Just downloaded the game :D I believe there's no need to read the manga, right? Maybe I should try Fate/Zero next time hehe. So, any news adapting the Heaven's Feel?
 
Oct 2, 2011 8:47 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 39
Biggest plot hole - out of the entire planet all seven masters were all located in 1 place (Japan)? Very hard to believe.

Alternate ending... Shiro recreates her with his magic =O
Modified by CanAPanda, Oct 2, 2011 9:03 PM
 
 
Oct 2, 2011 9:11 PM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 4845
CanAPanda said:
Biggest plot hole - out of the entire planet all seven masters were all located in 1 place (Japan)? Very hard to believe.
Not true.
- Lancer's master was from Europe, but she was attacked and presumed dead by Kirei.
- Kirei himself lived in Europe until the start of the 4th war.
-Kiritsugu was from all over, and Shirou pretty much got the rights of a Master by proxy from the insertion of Excalibur's scabbard.
-The Tohsaka, Matou and Einzbern families all have master rights due to being the creators of the system. Einzbern never permanently moved to Japan due to considering it savage while Matou moved to Japan in the hopes of improving their declining magical abilities. Two of the families are european while the Tohsaka are native of Japan but always spend a large portion of their time in Europe.
-Caster's original master is presumed to have been sent from overseas as well, but there's barely any information about him other than the fact he was fairly weak and treated Caster with disdain.

In essence, the System doesn't just pick people at random, it picks specific people that are close to it or know about it. The whole process of branding masters with command mantras is, after all, a technique of the Matou family so it's not some random miracle. First the three families will get at least 1 Master, then people who know about it and wish to obtain it will get selected.

I might also add, Japan wasn't selected randomly either to host the Holy Grail War. Einzbern went to the Tohsaka family because Japan is pretty much ignored by both the Church (because it's not a christian country duh) and the Mage's Association. Since Tohsaka was the overlord of the second-best spiritually-enriched land in Japan they decided to summon the Grail there. It may look like plotholes to you but it's more like you're judging things without seeing all the information. And it's not even information from secondary sources, it's info straight from the Visual Novel.

 
Oct 10, 2011 5:07 PM
Offline
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 1409
What the fuck was that shit and why is this series regarded so highly!?!?

I mean sure it had a few above average sections but nothing special in the slightest. Someone mentioned previously that the pacing was choppy, and there were so many shounen ass-pull battles/cliches that really brought this series down imo. Some of the ideas were neat, but so muddled in all the filth. 6/10 (7/10 if I'm feeling generous)
Dead Account
Please Delete
 
Oct 10, 2011 5:17 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 15166
NeloDeath said:
What the fuck was that shit and why is this series regarded so highly!?!?
I mean sure it had a few above average sections but nothing special in the slightest. Someone mentioned previously that the pacing was choppy, and there were so many shounen ass-pull battles/cliches that really brought this series down imo. Some of the ideas were neat, but so muddled in all the filth. 6/10 (7/10 if I'm feeling generous)


It's not highly regarded because of the anime, I think.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
 
Oct 15, 2011 3:52 PM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 97
Just finished watching this anime and I must say that it was pretty bad.

There was almost none character development, and we didn't get a whole lot of backstory. Even Saber is still a huge mystery for me. I hated Shirou from the first episode, and he kept being a moron through the whole series.

There was also too many plot holes, and I was thinking "why don't you just do ... instead?!" in almost every episode. All conveniences made the battles pretty worthless, because you always knew that Shirou would pull something stupid super mega powerful from his ass, they would get saved or the enemy would retreat.

The lack of chemistry between Saber and Shirou made me also pissed. The "love" felt so utterly forced...

However, I thought that Saber was a pretty cool character, even if the writers forced her to "fall in love" in Shirou. I really enjoyed watching her in the last battle, even if it was stupid as all the other battles. And her as a king in the last image of the opening is also really cool, combined with the music. :) Sadly, as I said, we didn't get to know more than a few flashbacks about her life.

Anyways, the anime wasn't totally rubbish, but it had too many flaws to make it a enjoyable watch. I think it deserves a 3 or maybe a 4 out of 10.
 
Oct 22, 2011 6:39 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 886
The ending always makes me think there s a sequel for this series .
The anime is really great , though the ending totally ruined it a bit. hmm..
Well whatever the story satisfies me much anyway , i hope there will be a sixth holy grail war where there will be increase in the amount of servants number ;D
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Oct 23, 2011 8:09 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 3856
Sebastian333 said:
The ending always makes me think there s a sequel for this series .
The anime is really great , though the ending totally ruined it a bit. hmm..
Well whatever the story satisfies me much anyway , i hope there will be a sixth holy grail war where there will be increase in the amount of servants number ;D


There is a sequel to Fate stay night called Fate hollow atarxia, but nothing like a 6th holy grail war.
 
 
Oct 25, 2011 8:19 PM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 4845
Ragna92 said:
Sebastian333 said:
The ending always makes me think there s a sequel for this series .
The anime is really great , though the ending totally ruined it a bit. hmm..
Well whatever the story satisfies me much anyway , i hope there will be a sixth holy grail war where there will be increase in the amount of servants number ;D


There is a sequel to Fate stay night called Fate hollow atarxia, but nothing like a 6th holy grail war.
Well, there's is "kinda" an alternate Holy Grail War in Fate/Extra but it's A.I. so it's not the real one. Regardless of the route FSN takes the Holy Grail War is fated to end with the 5th (both by Kiritsugu's actions, and either magi from the Tower or Shirou's own power).

 
Nov 5, 2011 11:26 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 870
Overall, it was meh. :/ Love between Shirou and Saber felt kinda forced as there were only few romantic scenes between the two of them. Battles were okay but didn't get me excited. Shirou more or less was acting like a complete idiot most of the time. I liked those bits with Rin trying to save Sakura and Archer's death was really powerful. 6/10, though.
 
Nov 5, 2011 1:25 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 3856
PerlaNemesis said:
Overall, it was meh. :/ Love between Shirou and Saber felt kinda forced as there were only few romantic scenes between the two of them. Battles were okay but didn't get me excited. Shirou more or less was acting like a complete idiot most of the time. I liked those bits with Rin trying to save Sakura and Archer's death was really powerful. 6/10, though.


Well they totally screwed up the Rin and Sakura thing. I hate Deen for what they did with that.
 
Nov 11, 2011 1:10 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 43
Considering this is an adaptation of a VN, it's not too bad. Yes, there are plot holes, yes, a lot of things could have been done better, but still: it is a pretty complex VN and it's hard to put all the details (successfully) in. If, for example, you compare it with another Type-Moon VN, Tsukihime (IMO an even better VN than F/SN) and it's anime adaptation, then you will see what a trully bad adaptation looks like. Anyway, I gave this a 7/10 (would have given 7.5, sadly not possible XP).
One more thing: at the part of the episode, after Saber tells Shirou to give her the order and right before he starts recalling their time spent together... they should have put the song Ever-Present Feeling from the VN in there. I think it would have added even more emotion into the already emotional ending.
Seven years of power, the corporation claw
The rich control the government, the media, the law
To make some kind of difference
Then everyone must know:
Eradicate the fascists, revolution will grow...
 
Nov 14, 2011 9:36 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 1303
This was a good solid 7/10 for me. I'm not going off the visual novel because I never read that, and for me the show gave all the info that it needed to give. It wasn't anything deep or meaningful, but as far as pure entertainment goes, it did it's job. I'm happy with it, it was a good show.
“Money can't buy dere”
 
Nov 14, 2011 9:50 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 623
Imo F/SN is best regarded as the introduction to the mechanics of the world that Fate series take place in. It really does include crucial information on how things work, and it does catalyze a greater enjoyment for watching Fate/zero. Although this adaptation was pretty bad, UBW was actually much more enjoyable.

Hoping for a remake on this, following UBW's path instead of the Saber's pointless and questionable path.
 
Nov 14, 2011 11:43 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 163
Ragna92 said:
Well they totally screwed up the Rin and Sakura thing.

i would have to agree, even though i never finished the VN, just reading the details and scenes from fate zero u can pretty much tell they stuffed that up
Seabury said:
This was a good solid 7/10 for me.

same here
wakka9ca said:"The endless debate between fans and haters... is totaly pointless"

 
 
Nov 15, 2011 12:11 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 15166
I think overall, I disliked this even more after having read the VN. There is no earthly way I could ever give this series a rating higher than a 6, it just completely loses the spirit and message of the Fate route and throws stuff from the other routes in there in a very half assed way.

I noticed a few people say that the anime works as entertainment. But, that is exactly the problem, the VN has quite a bit of depth when it comes to character motivations, the story, and even the action scenes and pretty much none of this translated into this anime.

If I had to describe this series in one word it would be: Hollow.

mdz said:

Hoping for a remake on this, following UBW's path instead of the Saber's pointless and questionable path.


Okay. I can understand you maybe not liking this route but "pointless and questionable"? How so? Did we even read the same route?
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
 
Nov 16, 2011 2:54 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 3856
mdz said:
Imo F/SN is best regarded as the introduction to the mechanics of the world that Fate series take place in. It really does include crucial information on how things work, and it does catalyze a greater enjoyment for watching Fate/zero. Although this adaptation was pretty bad, UBW was actually much more enjoyable.

Hoping for a remake on this, following UBW's path instead of the Saber's pointless and questionable path.


It's true that the UBW route is better then the Fate route, but the Fate route isn't pointless. Unless your talking about the anime adaptation of the Fate route aka Fate stay night anime.
 
Nov 16, 2011 3:03 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 623
insan3soldiern said:
I think overall, I disliked this even more after having read the VN. There is no earthly way I could ever give this series a rating higher than a 6, it just completely loses the spirit and message of the Fate route and throws stuff from the other routes in there in a very half assed way.

I noticed a few people say that the anime works as entertainment. But, that is exactly the problem, the VN has quite a bit of depth when it comes to character motivations, the story, and even the action scenes and pretty much none of this translated into this anime.

If I had to describe this series in one word it would be: Hollow.

mdz said:

Hoping for a remake on this, following UBW's path instead of the Saber's pointless and questionable path.


Okay. I can understand you maybe not liking this route but "pointless and questionable"? How so? Did we even read the same route?


Read? Probably not, but what I've watched was just irritating. I don't mind how they readapt it, as long as they do it correctly. I've heard that the VN was great, I don't have any personal experience with it so it's just speculation, I called Saber's route pointless based off what I saw in the anime, which it was.
 
Nov 18, 2011 1:36 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 15166
mdz said:
insan3soldiern said:
I think overall, I disliked this even more after having read the VN. There is no earthly way I could ever give this series a rating higher than a 6, it just completely loses the spirit and message of the Fate route and throws stuff from the other routes in there in a very half assed way.

I noticed a few people say that the anime works as entertainment. But, that is exactly the problem, the VN has quite a bit of depth when it comes to character motivations, the story, and even the action scenes and pretty much none of this translated into this anime.

If I had to describe this series in one word it would be: Hollow.

mdz said:

Hoping for a remake on this, following UBW's path instead of the Saber's pointless and questionable path.


Okay. I can understand you maybe not liking this route but "pointless and questionable"? How so? Did we even read the same route?


Read? Probably not, but what I've watched was just irritating. I don't mind how they readapt it, as long as they do it correctly. I've heard that the VN was great, I don't have any personal experience with it so it's just speculation, I called Saber's route pointless based off what I saw in the anime, which it was.


...I agree about the anime. Like I said in my initial post: It completely lost the spirit and excellent characterization of the source material.

@ Ragna92

I wouldn't necessarily call either route "better" than the other one. They both had there own goals in mind: Fate to introduce the core concept and rules of the Fate/stay world, Saber's backstory, the initial setup of Shirou's characterization, etc. Of course, UBW is by necessity the more complicated route as it has all the scene setting out of the way. I also liked how it felt bigger and broader in scope with several POV switches and different subplots going on simultaneously.

Anyway, to cut myself short I liked both routes about the same. Besides, they are ultimately both parts of the same piece of delicious cake if you know what I mean.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
 
Nov 22, 2011 2:29 AM
Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 32
restivesilence said:
I gave it a 7, because I thought it was enjoyable overall. I could understand maybe rating it an 8, but I really don't think it deserves anything higher. Character development, plot holes, pacing, those are all very huge things that affect an anime. And I found problems with all of them.

I do have to say that the ending surprised me, I expected a highly cliche end. So kudos for not doing that.


this is the type of assholes i hate the most, and this is why all anime, all shows are ruined at the last moment.

part of the reason that i won't rate this show is because from my personal standpoint, anything other than Code Geass and Death Note with bad endings deserve a score of 0. and endless torture for the director who came up with the idea.
why do people insist on bad ends? what's wrong with cliches, end it on a high note, end it positive, end it lightly. end it with passion and delight.

i support hollywood cliche good endings, good endings are good, no guessing, solid, hard, good ending after a great plot is the best way to go.
 
 
Nov 30, 2011 3:49 PM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 476
I loved the anime. I thought the idea and the character were amazing and really well done. The pace was a bit slow at the start but i think that allowed you to get a good feeling of the main characters as if it were a longer series. Also it had many turns in the story which i would never have seen, Archer's death, truth about Shirou's dad, the ending. Definitely one of my favourite animes!
 
Nov 30, 2011 4:21 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 15166
AkkarinKHR said:
I loved the anime. I thought the idea and the character were amazing and really well done. The pace was a bit slow at the start but i think that allowed you to get a good feeling of the main characters as if it were a longer series. Also it had many turns in the story which i would never have seen, Archer's death, truth about Shirou's dad, the ending. Definitely one of my favourite animes!


Then do yourself a favor and read the VN. It's on a completely different level.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
 
Dec 5, 2011 5:38 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 128
Good story with good ending. I`m going to watch another series in this setting and may be read the VN. 9/10.
 
 
Dec 5, 2011 9:25 PM
Offline
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 11
I was so sad when I realized that Shiro had not given Saber the lion stuffed animal. I had totally forgotten about it until that very last clip
 
Dec 27, 2011 3:22 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 3935
Such a waste of time. The only good thing that came out of this is some of the characters(Saber and Archer and Rin) which are liked by me as a result, and it made me check out F/Z, I would've skipped this if I could go back in time.
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
 
Dec 27, 2011 4:02 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 15166
GodlyKyon said:
Such a waste of time. The only good thing that came out of this is some of the characters(Saber and Archer and Rin) which are liked by me as a result, and it made me check out F/Z, I would've skipped this if I could go back in time.


What can I say? There is a reason why most fans don't talk particularly well about the anime adaptation of Fate/stay. If you read my comments from when I first saw this series on this very thread you'll see that i didn't think to highly of the anime. But, when I got around to reading the VN....*BAM* fanboy.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
 
Dec 28, 2011 6:56 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 1199
Leon-Gun said:
]Well, there's is "kinda" an alternate Holy Grail War in Fate/Extra but it's A.I. so it's not the real one. Regardless of the route FSN takes the Holy Grail War is fated to end with the 5th (both by Kiritsugu's actions, and either magi from the Tower or Shirou's own power).


Eh, it IS real. Avenger trapped Fuyuki in a time loop while Bazett was comatose to fulfill her wish to live (and fight the War) while screwing people's memories and stuff.

It is a sequel to Fate/Stay Night, but it doesn't follow a single route (Shirou's not in a romantic relationship with Rin, Saber or Sakura, for instance. And there are elements of the three mixed, like Saber vs Gilgamesh and Rin vs Caster). It's a route where almost everyone survived the conflict (aside of Kotomine). Once you finish the game, you can see that Saber, Rider and Lancer are hanging around pretty ok in the Epilogue (the rest aren't mentioned, but the assumption is that they are around too).

The thing is that it's not really a 'sequel' in the focus of Shirou's character, because all that's to said about him was in FSN, but it explains Angra Mainyu/Avenger's side of the story, since he's the protagonist.
Modified by Thess, Dec 28, 2011 7:00 PM
 
Dec 28, 2011 7:33 PM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 4845
Thess said:
Leon-Gun said:
]Well, there's is "kinda" an alternate Holy Grail War in Fate/Extra but it's A.I. so it's not the real one. Regardless of the route FSN takes the Holy Grail War is fated to end with the 5th (both by Kiritsugu's actions, and either magi from the Tower or Shirou's own power).


Eh, it IS real. Avenger trapped Fuyuki in a time loop while Bazett was comatose to fulfill her wish to live (and fight the War) while screwing people's memories and stuff.

It is a sequel to Fate/Stay Night, but it doesn't follow a single route (Shirou's not in a romantic relationship with Rin, Saber or Sakura, for instance. And there are elements of the three mixed, like Saber vs Gilgamesh and Rin vs Caster). It's a route where almost everyone survived the conflict (aside of Kotomine). Once you finish the game, you can see that Saber, Rider and Lancer are hanging around pretty ok in the Epilogue (the rest aren't mentioned, but the assumption is that they are around too).

The thing is that it's not really a 'sequel' in the focus of Shirou's character, because all that's to said about him was in FSN, but it explains Angra Mainyu/Avenger's side of the story, since he's the protagonist.
That's pretty much the epitome of an alternate route. Just a sequel from an undisclosed fourth end of FSN. Besides, I never really said it wasn't a sequel. I said Fate/Extra isn't a sequel nor it's War a real Holy Grail War (or part of the main canon for that matter). There wasn't even a Holy Grail War in Hollow Ataraxia to begin with, it's all staged by Avenger's powers. The Holy Grail War ended with the 5th, regardless of which Servant remains in the world.

Personally I don't really like the direction they took with Hollow Ataraxia (it seems too "fandisc-style" to make a sequel with everyone alive, all old conflicts neatly resolved and no bad consequences from the original game whatsoever) but they call it a sequel and it has enough content to be considered one.

 
 
Dec 29, 2011 12:03 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 1199
Leon-Gun said:
That's pretty much the epitome of an alternate route. Just a sequel from an undisclosed fourth end of FSN. Besides, I never really said it wasn't a sequel. I said Fate/Extra isn't a sequel nor it's War a real Holy Grail War (or part of the main canon for that matter). There wasn't even a Holy Grail War in Hollow Ataraxia to begin with, it's all staged by Avenger's powers. The Holy Grail War ended with the 5th, regardless of which Servant remains in the world.



Oh, Fate/Extra, yeah. But it's cool at least for its characters.

Leon-Gun said:
Personally I don't really like the direction they took with Hollow Ataraxia (it seems too "fandisc-style" to make a sequel with everyone alive, all old conflicts neatly resolved and no bad consequences from the original game whatsoever) but they call it a sequel and it has enough content to be considered one.


Uh... No bad consequences? The issue is that those consequences were from Shirou's POV as protagonist, once you put him out focus, they don't matter at all. Because what means to sequel is the fifth holy grail war, not the holy grail war with Shirou-as-focus?

Modified by Thess, Dec 29, 2011 3:55 PM
 
Dec 29, 2011 12:29 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 15166
I wish you guys could at least put this in spoiler tags, some of us haven't read Ataraxia because it isn't translated.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
 
Dec 29, 2011 3:55 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 1199
Sorry. Added them too late ;;
 
Jan 4, 2012 1:39 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 13
Loved it, i enjoyed it for how it was and not to think of any plot holes and such.
Shirou x Saber for sure.
 
Jan 7, 2012 1:15 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 131
I came into this anime UNBIASED, unlike majority of the replies on this thread. I've haven't tried the VN or anything. Where most of you played/read the VN, which made you biased.

The writers for the anime picked a path which they wanted to do and expand. Thats the principle, its what they wanted to do. They have no obligations to do what path you want and how you want it to end. In all honesty, if you wanted a happy ending, why bother watching the anime or why not create your own anime? Remember, it's how they wanted to end and you have to respect that.

Yes, it was a little slow paced at time and few plot holes. But it is what it is and it does it pretty good.

Overall, the F/S N anime is enjoyable and good. The lush and fluid animations, the beautiful drawings and colors were rich. Sound was fantastic. The character development was good. Wasn't stellar nor bad. Just good.

The ending is perfectly fine. Not all endings are happy endings. In a way, it was a happy ending. So what they couldn't be together? As I said, it's the path the writers chose for the anime; not you.

A lot of you tend to forget, the VN can go several paths. The anime picked one path and developed on it.
 
Jan 7, 2012 3:27 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 3856
Teldara said:
I came into this anime UNBIASED, unlike majority of the replies on this thread. I've haven't tried the VN or anything. Where most of you played/read the VN, which made you biased.

The writers for the anime picked a path which they wanted to do and expand. Thats the principle, its what they wanted to do. They have no obligations to do what path you want and how you want it to end. In all honesty, if you wanted a happy ending, why bother watching the anime or why not create your own anime? Remember, it's how they wanted to end and you have to respect that.

Yes, it was a little slow paced at time and few plot holes. But it is what it is and it does it pretty good.

Overall, the F/S N anime is enjoyable and good. The lush and fluid animations, the beautiful drawings and colors were rich. Sound was fantastic. The character development was good. Wasn't stellar nor bad. Just good.

The ending is perfectly fine. Not all endings are happy endings. In a way, it was a happy ending. So what they couldn't be together? As I said, it's the path the writers chose for the anime; not you.

A lot of you tend to forget, the VN can go several paths. The anime picked one path and developed on it.


They did a pretty bad job on adapting the fate route though. Even the anime as a stand alone is nothing special. Yeah it was enjoyable and it was good but that's about it.
 
Jan 19, 2012 5:01 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 77
How many and which paths have Shirou and Saber end up together? I would like to play VN and i want to see that first ^^ post in spoiler ofc.

I liked the anime, 8/10
 
 
Jan 19, 2012 4:48 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 3856
Zubo said:
How many and which paths have Shirou and Saber end up together? I would like to play VN and i want to see that first ^^ post in spoiler ofc.

I liked the anime, 8/10


How many? They only end up in 1 path of course.

There are 3 routes
Fate route the one which the anime adapted
Unlimited blade works route
Heavens feel route

I won't say anything more, just play the visual novel it's amazing.
 
 
Jan 22, 2012 2:31 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 3935
Ragna92 said:
Zubo said:
How many and which paths have Shirou and Saber end up together? I would like to play VN and i want to see that first ^^ post in spoiler ofc.

I liked the anime, 8/10


How many? They only end up in 1 path of course.

There are 3 routes
Fate route the one which the anime adapted
Unlimited blade works route
Heavens feel route

I won't say anything more, just play the visual novel it's amazing.


Ok, but HOW do we play it?
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
 
Feb 1, 2012 6:24 AM
The Shrike

Offline
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 10084
A very good ending for an at best average series. There were pacing issues throughout the series and the dialogue in some places was terrible. But the ending makes sense, there is no doubt of the love those 2 had for each other and Sabre slashing Gilgamesh was most satisfying.


Rin was the best character for me, so I'll check out the Unlimited Blade Works now
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

 
Feb 22, 2012 11:00 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 2125
Nice ending.


9/10
 
Mar 2, 2012 9:13 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 1918
Wow, whoever storyboarded that opening sequence must've played Earthbound. Very reminiscent of Giygas.
 
Mar 31, 2012 5:26 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 122899
Well, I watched this in dubbed awhile ago. Loved it :>
 
Apr 24, 2012 1:59 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 19584
The ending... Kinda depressing IMO, it went something like "okish relation ship with everybody, "great relationsihp with everybody", "doesn't get the girl, girl dies thinking she can continue her "dreams"".

Pfffff, I didn't except such an ending, the anime was great IMO, I enjoy everything, but I truly wanted to see Shirou x Saber at the end. This ending, truly...




Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
 
 
Jun 17, 2012 7:44 AM
Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 62
All in all. Nice ending. Good but not stacy. Concluding but with the possibility to add another part.
 
Jun 19, 2012 3:32 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 600
Pretty sad how Shirou and Saber can't be together in the end. :( Final fight scene with Saber and Gilgamesh was pretty awesome though! Pretty enjoyable series overall. :)
"No matter how much of a genius one is, in front of the Uchiha name, they're just ordinary people." - Sasuke Uchiha

 
Jul 4, 2012 10:37 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 5
I wanted Saber and Shirou to get together they deserve a happy ending after all they have been through
 
Jul 10, 2012 3:37 PM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 2974
the ending was beautiful. its sad that saber and shirou can't be together in the end.
 
Pages (12) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »