Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 31, 2008 7:08 PM

Apr 2008
In a few weeks I'll be going from Maryland to Newfoundland, spending most of my time in the car. What I'm thinking of requirements for anime to watch would be like:

-Must be able to withstand glare on my laptop screen from watching during the day (not really, really dark most of the time)
-Must not have a great deal of nudity or somesuch that one would not want their dad leaning over and going "OMGWTF" at. Violence is fine. <3
-Must be something I'd like. (see anime list, or at least favorites)
-Must be more than 12 or so episodes long, preferably in the 50 range.
-Must have audio that wouldn't sound retarded/or not sound at all on headphones in a moving vehicle, cars make noise.
-Must be something that one could watch for hours on end
-Must not be on my dropped list, which is rather large.

Sorry if this is someone already made a similar post, but AIN'T GOT NO SEARCH FUNCTION.
( ̄へ ̄)
PlateJul 31, 2008 8:43 PM
Jul 31, 2008 8:00 PM
Dec 2007
No...no1 have made this kind of post yet =)

As for Eye candy I would say Karas, just watch it for it awesome 3D fighting, not much in the storyline tho....BUT it only 6 episode.

Lucky Star would be a good comedy storyline, most joke are tend to relate to real life =). But it could be put in the "audio that wouldn't sound retarded", I think the dubbing voice sound kinda childish(although they are in Year 12)
Jul 31, 2008 8:07 PM

Aug 2007
Go with Claymore. Great anime despite an abrupt and slightly disappointing ending.

26 episodes. No nudity. Very addicting (Car ride will go by plenty fast) :)
Jul 31, 2008 8:40 PM

Apr 2008
KakashiGaiden said:
Go with Claymore. Great anime despite an abrupt and slightly disappointing ending.

Hmm, I'll look into it. Is it better or worse than the manga?

LDK- Isn't Karas kind of dark... and short?
Jul 31, 2008 8:51 PM

Jan 2008
Beck, Full Metal Alchemist, Initial D, Slam Dunk, Ouran High School Host Club, Rurouni Kenshin and Hunter x Hunter.
Jul 31, 2008 9:30 PM

May 2008
I second Hunter X Hunter,Claymore, Slam Dunk, FMA and Rurouni Kenshin.

And If you want classic anime's,
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Berserk

If not try,
Darker Than Black
Welcome to The NHK
Death Note
Hajime no Ippo
Scrapped Princess
Jul 31, 2008 9:39 PM

Jul 2007
There are still 40 episodes of Aria you have yet to watch, and believe me when I say you aren't even close to the really good episodes yet. It fits all your requirements too. Have at it, Plate!
My first novel, Kardia has been published! Click here to read!
Jul 31, 2008 9:45 PM

Jul 2008
If you want a series that is really long, try Detective Conan, nearly 500 episodes and counting. :D
Jul 31, 2008 10:33 PM

Jul 2007
Monster and its on your plan to watch list too. So why not?
Jul 31, 2008 10:38 PM

Apr 2008
Azndude said:
Monster and its on your plan to watch list too. So why not?

I'm reading the manga, and watching the anime before I finish it will make me stop reading the manga.

orz
Jul 31, 2008 10:41 PM

Oct 2007
FMA is 51 episodes long, and very addicting (well at least I thought so. Watched 25 episodes in one sitting.) I think that this one would be perfect for your needs here.

Also I'd say maybe Yuu Yuu Hakusho.

Aug 1, 2008 12:46 AM
Jun 2006
* Mobile Suit Gundam MS IGLOO (January, UC0079)
* Mobile Suit Gundam (September, UC0079)
* Mobile Suit Gundam: The 08th MS Team (October, UC0079)
* Mobile Suit Gundam 0080: War in the Pocket (December, UC0079)
* Gundam the Ride: A Baoa Qu (December, UC0079)
* Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory (UC0083)
* Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam (UC0087)
* Gundam Neo Experience 0087: Green Divers (UC0087)
* Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ (UC0088)
* Mobile Suit Gundam: Char's Counterattack (UC0093)
* Mobile Suit Gundam F91 (UC0123)
* Mobile Suit Victory Gundam (UC0153)
* G-Saviour (UC223)

should have you occupied lots of hours :>

Aug 1, 2008 4:56 AM

Jan 2008
izikiel said:

Do you like Gundam?

Hmmm:

Second season of Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex :)
Stand Alone Complex: Solid State Society :)
Juuni Kokuki (first few episodes might bore you off, but keep with it, its a classic)
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Fullmetal Alchemist

Personally, I'd rather go on a road trip with a bunch of 13-ish episode series and movies... Dunno why, can anyone back that idea up?
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Aug 1, 2008 11:11 AM

Apr 2008
Cihan said:
izikiel said:

Do you like Gundam?

Hmmm:

Second season of Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex :)
Stand Alone Complex: Solid State Society :)
Juuni Kokuki (first few episodes might bore you off, but keep with it, its a classic)
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Fullmetal Alchemist

Personally, I'd rather go on a road trip with a bunch of 13-ish episode series and movies... Dunno why, can anyone back that idea up?

Thanks for reminding me, I'd been meaning to finish the GitS series but for some reason repeatedly forget to. I haven't seen the first season in a really long time, think I should watch the Laughing Man to help myself remember or what?
Aug 1, 2008 11:17 AM

Jan 2008
I dont think 2nd gig continues anything from the Laughing Man arc of the first season, there might be a couple references to it but 2nd Gig isnt a direct sequel to that arc, its just the ongoing hijinks of Section 9. Been a long while since I've seen it myself, so if anyone can tell us otherwise I think you're ok to just jump right into 2nd gig. (or if your journey is hella long, then just re-watch first season anyway!)

The movie is set after 2nd gig too, so make sure you dont watch it before!
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Aug 1, 2008 11:24 AM

Sep 2007
Hunter X Hunter would be an excellent idea. If you watch the TV series, it's 60-ish episodes, iirc, with OVA's, it's about 90. It's arguably better than it's manga - it has a bunch of extra sequences that aren't in the manga and don't feel like filler.

It is shounen, but it's pretty top tier for shounen. I couldn't stomach Bleach or Naruto for more than 20 episodes, but I got through all of HxH in 2 or 3 days. Very addicting stuff that's easy to watch episode after episode.
Aug 1, 2008 2:25 PM

Sep 2007
- Genshiken. With 2 seasons, plus an OVA, it's pretty enjoyable. Also a must watch for any anime/manga fan.
- Hokuto no Ken. It's 109 episodes, but definitely the quintessential shounen of all-time.
- Yu-Gi-Oh!. At only 27 episodes (IF you can find all of them - try animesuki), it's not too long at all.
Major_GAug 1, 2008 2:40 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines
Aug 1, 2008 8:49 PM

Aug 2007
Plate said:
KakashiGaiden said:

Hmm, I'll look into it. Is it better or worse than the manga?

LDK- Isn't Karas kind of dark... and short?

It's the same up to the final 2 episodes where they changed the ending. I read the manga too, and I gotta say I enjoyed watching the anime more than reading it.

More topics from this board

» new season, need recommendations

silversaint - 6 hours ago

6 by DMind »»
1 hour ago

» Looking for any recommendations really

TabonyBoy - Apr 16

12 by PostMahouShoujo »»
2 hours ago

» Grim series for tonight

LoveYourEyes - Apr 1

15 by r3v3l3v3l »»
5 hours ago

» Anime similar to live-action action movies?

Skuletor - Yesterday

6 by Skuletor »»
11 hours ago

» Planning to watch Sousou no Frieren

WitchDoc - Yesterday

8 by r3v3l3v3l »»
Yesterday, 10:32 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.