Forum Settings
Forums

TV Anime of Light Novel 'Oda Nobuna no Yabo' Announced

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 2, 2011 12:57 PM

Nov 2008
don't know what to say r they lookin down on history or something lol
Nov 2, 2011 1:03 PM

Dec 2010
Sounds like a funny typical harem. I'll watch.

Nov 2, 2011 1:37 PM

Jun 2011
Lol. Dropped before it even begins.
tfw no gf
tfw i keep getting the banhammer on here
tfw Koleare keeps banning me every other day
tfw I'm misunderstood by le mod
Nov 2, 2011 1:44 PM

Aug 2009
So I'm not crazy for thinking that I'd heard the whole "Sengoku figures as girls" schtick before. Good to know.
Ha-cha!
Nov 2, 2011 1:51 PM

Jun 2011
Looks and sounds completely stupid.
Sigh, the animation studios should really decide to pick up something good to animate.
Nov 2, 2011 3:14 PM

Oct 2007
*Looks for Date Masamune*
Nov 2, 2011 4:01 PM

Jun 2009
I wonder if there will ever be an anime which is based on the bible except with Jesus as a teenager and the twelve apostles being cute girls.
The scary thing is that I can really see something like that happening...

"I always take life with a grain of salt, ...plus a slice of lemon, ...and a shot of tequila."

Nov 2, 2011 6:26 PM

Sep 2007
Just make a Sengoku Rance anime. /End
Nov 2, 2011 6:37 PM

Sep 2011
notsureifsrs said:
nINJAkECIL said:
jpp8 said:
Confucius said:
Synposis said:
One day, he time-travels to Sengoku period, where all the major Samurai lords are cute girls.

Anime stopped being good at the turn of the century, etc. etc.

blame japanese otaku.
I dunno about everyone else, but I'm actually legit interested.
It's made it to 7 volumes so it has to have some sort of following.
yah but queens balde has made it to 3 season plus ova's so i dont think popularity means theres something good to it

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Nov 2, 2011 7:36 PM

Sep 2010
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
yah but queens balde has made it to 3 season plus ova's so i dont think popularity means theres something good to it

im pretty sure this is an obvious troll but i couldnt resist replying

in a world of consumption, the only way to measure the success of something is by how well it sells. queens blade sells. it sells alot. reasons dont matter; if its selling in mass quantities, its a good series.
Nov 2, 2011 8:25 PM

Apr 2010
I always love news topics like this. So many people who get all angry about anime being made that they don't like when they don't even support the industry in the first place

Nov 2, 2011 8:29 PM

May 2009
I find it funny that the only person I know from the Sengoku period is Oda Nobunaga because of the many times he is mentioned in anime just to name a few Samurai Champloo, Inuyasha, Sengoku Basara, Sengoku Otome: Momoiro Paradox ....anyway it seems just like a story that has been constantly used
Nov 3, 2011 3:59 AM
Mar 2010
It wont take much effort to figure out where the plot will be going.
Nov 4, 2011 8:02 AM
Feb 2011
AidanAK47 said:
I wonder if there will ever be an anime which is based on the bible except with Jesus as a teenager and the twelve apostles being cute girls.

I can imagine Judas and Jesus' lesbian kiss before the Roman soldiers (read: lolis) arrest him.
Nov 4, 2011 12:44 PM

Oct 2009
Doesn't really hook me in, most likely won't be watching..
Nov 5, 2011 3:36 AM

Sep 2011
Ill give it a shot could be decent
Dec 29, 2011 3:00 AM

Oct 2010
Yeah sure why not. At least it's a guy this time and not a girl with all girls.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Dec 29, 2011 4:30 AM

Apr 2010
nINJAkECIL said:

blame japanese otaku.

More like blame life itself for the fact that not every single anime can be a masterpiece.

You think japanese otaku wouldn't rather choose something on the level of Madoka (80.000 first volume sales) than Sengoku Otome (3,200 first vol. sales)?

You think these pulishers wouldn't love to make another Steins;Gate (21.000 first vol. sales) rather than another Manyuu Hikenchou (2,900 first vol. sales)???

Here is a list of all the 10.000+ selling anime since 2000 In a list of 90 series, there are less than a dozen flukes that are CLEARLY meritless according to everyone, so they have no place there. Other than that, even the more controversial series have both fandoms and hatedoms, but they are generally acknowledged as well-executed series. There is a very strong trend of rewarding the better series with sales, even if the system is not perfect.

This whole "everyone is screwing us with their shit taste by intentionally flooding the market with bad anime" meme is stupid.
How about just accepting, that some artists are inherently worse at their job than others, so some of their anime will always fail to be as good as others, even if they try? There is no evil conspiracy, just Sturgeon's law, the fact that no matter what we do, 90% of everything is going to end up being shit.
Alterego-XDec 29, 2011 6:20 AM
Dec 29, 2011 6:16 AM

Sep 2011
Not one of those. Not again.
Dec 29, 2011 8:23 AM

Apr 2010
I fully agree with everything that you said. I just somehow simplified my first pst for the purposes of this particular discussion. The issues of subjective vs. objective quality, are fascinating, but I didn't want to bother spending entire paragraphs on it right now.

By "everyone" who dislike popular shows, I meant the average western MAL-posting fan who you, me, and nINJAkECIL probably are, and that line was intended to circumvent an argument like "Well, I happen to believe that Bakemono, Haruhi, Madoka, and Code Geass are shit too" reply, by appealing AT LEAST to the consensus of our demographic, and limiting such an argument to the likes of Infinite Stratos and Tsukihime, that it wouldn't protect, bcause no one around here would argue that they are good.

Yes, if you think too hard about it, then appealing to the popular vote of this fandom isn't more objective than directly appealing to sales numbers, but most posters don't think too hard about it, and this is still what these people tend to consider more objective. For example another earlier post "Baccano was good yet it didn't sell", is also based on the assumption that Baccano can be used as an objectively better show than this one that the topic is about, because we tend to like it.
Alterego-XDec 29, 2011 8:27 AM
Dec 29, 2011 12:04 PM

Apr 2010
Meh, just random examples from my experience. Lots of people were shocked by IS sales, because of how generic it seemed to be, beforehand, and the Tsukihime fans has this meme going on that "There is no Tsukihime anime" because it was such a lousy adaptation.

Anyways , as I said, I don't actually BELIEVE that this is right, it was just supposed to be a simplified example for the kind of people who believe that unpopular shows are objectively bad.

Evidently, I underestimated the average poster's level of reasoning and attention to detail.
Dec 30, 2011 12:57 AM
Dec 2011
thanks!
happy time with u!
Dec 30, 2011 1:24 AM

Jan 2010
samurai lords are cute girls?

hmm.. i see..it will something like sengoku otome..maybe..something like koihime! ahahaha ^w^

but harem!? that's really interesting! ^w^
MegaNanoDeathDec 30, 2011 1:28 AM
Dec 31, 2011 10:17 AM
Mar 7, 2012 2:39 PM
Mar 2011
i for one am happy, from the looks of it , it appears it could fall into harem if theres a bunch of girls and one guy, should get some good laughs out of this.
Mar 7, 2012 8:28 PM

Jul 2010
so just to clarify, these are famous japenese guys who've done a lot of great/horrible stuff (don't know) and are now turned to girls.....now i wonder if japen is running out of ideas like hollywood or has too many.
Yumekichi11 said:

finally, someone who has the rite idea.
AidanAK47 said:

please dont give them ideas.....

Mar 7, 2012 8:58 PM

Sep 2011
UNHGGGG! YESSS!!!! OH YESS!!!!!!! finally something historical worth watching and is not some qdlsqkmdjmqsbrave10crap.

On a side note, i noticed some troll comments complaining about the "cute girls" part, dude, really? You know you're not the target audience of this anime, stop betchin' and let the bigger audience have fun.
hell yurrrrrrr, long live the otaku culture and moe!

Yumekichi11 said:

Whut? no no no no no sir, the more the girls, the better the show, that is one of the sacred rules of otaku media, the more the jigglin' stuff, the happier we get, that, my friend, is a fact of life.
Downgrade355Mar 7, 2012 9:05 PM
Mar 30, 2012 1:17 AM
Mar 2010
bakayarokonoyaro said:
UNHGGGG! YESSS!!!! OH YESS!!!!!!! finally something historical worth watching and is not some qdlsqkmdjmqsbrave10crap.

On a side note, i noticed some troll comments complaining about the "cute girls" part, dude, really? You know you're not the target audience of this anime, stop betchin' and let the bigger audience have fun.
hell yurrrrrrr, long live the otaku culture and moe!

Yumekichi11 said:

Whut? no no no no no sir, the more the girls, the better the show, that is one of the sacred rules of otaku media, the more the jigglin' stuff, the happier we get, that, my friend, is a fact of life.

please don't change the meaning of anime to just boobs and fanservice. The otaku culture is more than just fanservice. Enjoy your fanservice but don't say that otaku is only fanservice. That's all I'm saying.
phoenixaliaApr 3, 2012 7:30 AM
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

2 by BankaiGoku »»
28 minutes ago

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - Apr 19

10 by malvarez1 »»
3 hours ago

» Netflix Announces 'Garouden: The Way of the Lone Wolf' Anime for May 2024

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

10 by malvarez1 »»
3 hours ago

» 'Elf-san wa Yaserarenai.' Unveils Production Staff, First Promo

DatRandomDude - Apr 18

11 by MantaRaydiated »»
Today, 10:50 AM

» 'Hitoribocchi no Isekai Kouryaku' Unveils Production Staff, Additional Cast, Teaser Promo for Fall 2024

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

4 by Azuchi »»
Today, 4:57 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.