Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 27, 2011 5:43 AM

Jul 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

Anyone Enjoy that?

* I better add - it's a filler heavily featuring Konahomaru (sp) and his team - just incase this is grounds to watch/avoid*
Gleam_QueenOct 27, 2011 5:48 AM

Oct 27, 2011 6:56 AM

May 2011
konahomaru is a pretty skilled ninja for his age knowing all those techniques!!!
Oct 27, 2011 7:09 AM

May 2008
what about next episode? is it gonna be filler?
Oct 27, 2011 7:46 AM

Jul 2009
Rayyy said:
konahomaru is a pretty skilled ninja for his age knowing all those techniques!!!

Konohomaru has always been a good character IMO and was clearly going to shine because he's Naruto's apprentice.
Though the set-up for this was very cliche - fighting for the 'name' of someone else being honerable and justifying needless squabble, no conflict present, so let's cause something out of nothing.

zero_suls said:
what about next episode? is it gonna be filler?

Next week will be a filler too.
It seems they're going to feature a group of (genuien, old fashion type) ninja's; they're girls and anime only creations?
I may skim threw this next one? It looks, from the preview alone, another case of a girl falling for Nauto, just like the (so-so) films.

Oct 27, 2011 7:46 AM

Apr 2008
They better do a good job with the next arc as compensation for this mundane run.
Surely they got something to learn from Fairy Tail.
I shall know no fear as I am fear incarnated
Oct 27, 2011 8:03 AM
Jan 2011
Konohamaru: This village's grandpa''s treasure , so i'm gonna protect it!
because becoming The Hokage is my dream!

Go for it Konohamaru! =D
Oct 27, 2011 8:07 AM
Jan 2011

Go for it Konohamaru! =D
Oct 27, 2011 8:09 AM

Aug 2009
Was Rasengan this strong ? I know it's a good jetsu, but that destruction..

Next ep, Naruto gets a marriage proposal ?
Oct 27, 2011 11:46 AM
Feb 2010
ZingFreelancer said:
They better do a good job with the next arc as compensation for this mundane run.
Surely they got something to learn from Fairy Tail.

If they did, Akatsuki would have ten new members every 10 episodes. And the fillers aren't that much better.
Pointless comparison is pointless.

To get on topic, do I need to say how awful this was or just keep silent 'cuz everyone knows it anyway?
Oct 27, 2011 1:53 PM

Jul 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
I love Konohamaru! He reminds me so much of Naruto when he was little.. And now Naruto is someone he looks up to as a hero, no more Naruto pretending he's a hero.

HORRIBLE ANIMATION..
But this episode really made me happy, reminding me of Naruto days.. Well, Sasuke didn't have snot hanging out of his nose though..

It was kinda sweet though, for a filler..
But I'm just a sucker for things like these, and most people find them utterly stupid.

Next episode looks funny. But nobody get their hopes up about fillers ending anytime soon :( I've heard it'll be going 'til January 2012, but it'll be exciting because the new season of Natsume Yuujinchou is coming out then too!!
fishergirl16Oct 27, 2011 2:01 PM
Oct 27, 2011 2:32 PM

Mar 2011
I do like a bit of Temari action!

Agreed that the animation was a bit sub par at times, especially noticeable when Moegi was lambasting Konohamaru!

Other then that, standard filler affair. Meh!
Oct 27, 2011 3:54 PM

May 2009
Konohamaru was mad epic! He's mastered so many jutsu already!
Asuma's Fire Style: Burning Ash Jutsu
3rd Hokages Shuriken Shadow Clone Jutsu
Multi Shadow Clone Jutsu
Rasengan
That's more than Naruto when he was 12!!!

I thought the animation was good as well.
Yukine003Oct 27, 2011 4:00 PM
Oct 27, 2011 5:31 PM

Sep 2010
Not bad for a filler, still wish they were over already though ...
Oct 28, 2011 12:15 AM
Aug 2011
For a filler episode this one was pretty good. I enjoyed the fight scenes. Also it's funny how fast the kids realized who the "king" was.
Oct 28, 2011 1:06 AM

May 2011
5 posts

wtf

no love for fillers iC
I need to stop watching this before I turn 18 again
Oct 28, 2011 1:54 AM
Jan 2011

Go for it Konohamaru! =D

i'm 17 old and i'm naruto fan! from when i was 8.Gonna watch it to the end!
Whoohoo! Cheers
Oct 28, 2011 3:29 AM

Mar 2009
Who learned Konohamaru Rasengan? Naruto went through hella training to learn it, and it was with Jiraya.

Jiraia dead, and Naruto to busy with his stuff. Who else got Rasengan and can act as Konohamaru's teacher?

Since everybody started talking about age I might mention that I am also a big Naruto fan and I am 20 years old. Been watching naruto since I was 14.
Oct 28, 2011 6:22 AM

Jul 2009
I watched the whole thing but can't remember anything that happened.
Oct 28, 2011 6:44 AM

Jul 2011
I enjoyed this episode a lot. Probably one of the best filler episodes for now in my opinion.
But I still want to get back to the real story...
Oct 28, 2011 9:10 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
pff.. naruto fillers suck as hell D:
Naruto actual story is rly awsome 10/10 and i love it
But filler its like 5-6/10

thats why i like bleach a bit more lately
Actual Bleach - 10/10
Fillers 8-9/10

-.- And in past i loved naruto the most .. but after these animation style changes and stupid fillers.. naruto kinda let my rating down..
Oct 28, 2011 10:13 AM

Jun 2009
Konahamura doing a multi shadow clone jutsu and rasengan was awesome. His ridiculously long scarf is almost as impractical as Naruto's orange getup, like two peas in a pod lol.
Oct 28, 2011 10:17 AM

Aug 2009
I think it's the best "filler" episode of all in Naruto!!:D
Oct 28, 2011 11:55 AM

May 2011
I chuckled a few times, but thats bout it.

So I am thinking that the next filler actually looks decent!?
Oct 28, 2011 5:02 PM

Jul 2010
Applecrack said:
5 posts

wtf

no love for fillers iC
I need to stop watching this before I turn 18 again

its always like this in every forum for any filler
ShikaTemaX said:
I still don't understand some things in this filler.
Like how does 'ball' relate to the meaning of king? Unless it's not what I think it is..

this is what my friend from another forum wrote
Supermegasonic's friend said:
Incidentally, if anyone was wondering, there's something kind of neat I noticed about the kanji that Shikamaru writes on a stone for Konohamaru.

玉 - means "ball" or "sphere" (it's the "dama" in "oodama rasengan") but can also mean "egg" or "jewel." (My first thought was that Shikamaru was telling Konohamaru to protect the "eggs" which meant babies. I didn't like the metaphor but it was all that made sense to me at the time.)
王 - Means "king" (similar character, just missing one stroke)
宝 - Means "treasure" (similar to the first again, but with two more strokes)

Oct 28, 2011 5:13 PM

Oct 2009
This filler, only the fighting part that is, was actually very good, loved the fast passed animation when he was going to do the Rasengan, but really hated that they did a fail DB GT-like fighting scene where its all serious then they try to make it funny...really ruins the moment... -.-
Znote said:
Who learned Konohamaru Rasengan? Naruto went through hella training to learn it, and it was with Jiraya.

Jiraia dead, and Naruto to busy with his stuff. Who else got Rasengan and can act as Konohamaru's teacher?

Naruto taught him how to do the Rasengan, some episodes ago it even showed Naruto training him, when Naruto was a kid (Tho all he did was basically show and say what Jiraya said without understanding it, and gave his version of how he makes it)
Oct 29, 2011 12:28 AM
Sep 2009
blackjackel2 said:
This filler, only the fighting part that is, was actually very good, loved the fast passed animation when he was going to do the Rasengan, but really hated that they did a fail DB GT-like fighting scene where its all serious then they try to make it funny...really ruins the moment... -.-
Znote said:

Naruto taught him how to do the Rasengan, some episodes ago it even showed Naruto training him, when Naruto was a kid (Tho all he did was basically show and say what Jiraya said without understanding it, and gave his version of how he makes it)

Also, recall when Naruto was a kid, he is poor at controlling chakra therefore it takes a long time for him to learn any technique
Oct 29, 2011 2:50 AM

Sep 2011
Loved that episode! (Surprisingly)
Oct 29, 2011 2:19 PM
Nov 2010
The filler was quite interesting, I hope it won't go on for months, though...
Oct 29, 2011 4:36 PM
May 2008
Fillers.. just like with the orginal naruto episodes. Just fillers and even more fillers. I think that we won't see any original content in the N:S series. What I think is that they will start a new Series, with Naruto... that will be about the 4th great ninja war.

Sometimes there is a filler that is fun, but I am only watching the fillers now so that I don't miss real content.. Meh. I want the new arc to begin :S
Nov 1, 2011 11:05 AM

Jun 2008
Lol! People got so sic of fillers they ain't even bothering making an episode discussion anymore? Not that i blame them.
Unfortunately the preview showed another filler for next episode.

So we had Konohamaru doing his usual stupid staff trying to play the big shot and the use of that king thing. I hope they don't use it in a ton of fillers like they did with the loneliness and monster inside of Naruto.
The good thing was seeing Temari. She grew nicely.

Edit: Mods i just saw that there is an episode of 234 but it wasn't made as an episode post so you can see it by updating your list. Therefore instead of moving my post in that thread it will good to make the opposite so people can see the discussion when they add the episode in their list.
MonadNov 2, 2011 11:16 AM
Nov 1, 2011 12:32 PM
Feb 2011
awesome
Nov 1, 2011 9:37 PM

Jan 2009
this is actually one of the good naruto fillers, compare to the other shit they make lol

Nov 2, 2011 3:25 PM

Oct 2010
not too bad
Nov 3, 2011 7:56 AM

Aug 2011
Why there are 2 Topics about the same Episode?

note: Psychopath is my name on a Game so this sig is mine . no copy/paste :)
Nov 15, 2011 4:29 AM
Jul 2009
This filler was nice. More of it.
We see this kid progress at last ;)))
xxx
Nov 16, 2011 11:57 AM

Sep 2009
Quite okay. Past two fillers have been watchable i guess. I just really can't stand the sea monsters anymore. Seeing temari was good. Konohamaru was being stupid. But he's pretty strong for a genin. I guess the differences between him and naruto is the chakra they have.
Dec 6, 2011 2:22 PM

Aug 2010
The sarutobi clan is a clan to fear! Naruto vs. Konohamaru would be a fight to watch when he grows up a bit?!
Dec 9, 2011 4:34 PM

Jun 2009
It's good that Konohamaru Sarutobi was featured for a change, it's not bad showing the young generations of Naruto
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

May 14, 2012 10:48 AM

Apr 2011
I simply did not understand how the rasengan by konohomaru did so much destruction! Naruto's definitely wasn't like that... And the ball reference? I was lost. Supermegasonic try's to explain it but it still seems weird.
Jul 25, 2012 9:00 AM

Jan 2012
Okey filler... at least got a nice fight...
Jul 28, 2012 2:09 PM

Mar 2010
Not bad, and I enjoyed seeing tamari again.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Sep 29, 2012 1:09 PM

Jul 2011
togeyanagi said:
blackjackel2 said:
Znote said:

Also, recall when Naruto was a kid, he is poor at controlling chakra therefore it takes a long time for him to learn any technique

Yeah but he also had the advantage of having alot of chakra in which it took him about a month to master it, when it took the 4th 3 years! i know he invented it, but he was still a genius.

Also something that bothers me is how in the world are they going to make this kid learn all this jutsu and master it, when the generation that we watched grow didn't do as much. Although sure they had their own specialty they were still strong characters. They are the genius generation, if they were going to have this brat learn that great of jutsu, then they should give the naruto generation more power.
I swear, sometimes this anime doesn't make sense, in terms of logic and such.

And hello, there is no way that he could have made TEMARI take out the 3rd star!
It should have been over with the 1st one. That shows her as weak, and throughout the series she's been shown as strong.

So WTF!

And yeah I don't like this brat konohamaru. As a little brat he was always wining about how everybody only knew him because he was the grandson of the 3rd. And he only wanted to be known as konohamaru.
But now all he says is " I am the grandson of the 3rd" "I am naruto's favorite student" (which by the way, he is the only one), or how he is going to protect the village because it's something HIS GRANDFATHER, the hokage the 3rd died protecting it. Another contradiction to his own words. Another Naruto. We only need one.And that one is annoying.
But konohamaru is 10000000000xs more annoying.
Oct 27, 2012 10:43 AM
Nov 2009
One of the few good fillers this time, great animation from Gorou Sessha. It's always a pleasure to watch an ex-KyoAni animator injecting some life into this show.
Sep 17, 2014 3:41 PM
Jul 2018
Well, I didn't take this as a filler at all. IMO it was an awesome episode featuring one (somewhat) important character, Konohamaru, and how he learnt his role in the upcoming war.
Nov 30, 2014 6:52 AM
May 2012
LeftWingGuerilla said:
One of the few good fillers this time, great animation from Gorou Sessha. It's always a pleasure to watch an ex-KyoAni animator injecting some life into this show.

Yeah, good animation for a filler. This filler was good, though, so it's alright.
I really like Konohamaru and his gang. The filler should have ended in this episode =_=
Sep 25, 2015 9:42 PM
Jul 2018
Moegi ❤️
May 10, 2016 7:11 AM

Apr 2010
Finally some beautiful animation! Great episode! Finally a worthy filler episode. Ofcourse not every episode can be perfect.
Feb 9, 2017 7:24 AM
Feb 2017
Most filler are bad but not this one. Great animated and directed.
Apr 13, 2017 11:21 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Konohamaru, has the soul of the great "ninjas of Konoha" ;)

Dispensable episode!!!
Jan 16, 2019 2:03 AM
Oct 2018
So Konoha-maru masters cloning as well as Naruto who gets there thanks to his huge amount of Chakra or at least better than even Kakashi who can not conjure up as much clone or any other ninja from Konoha and he learned Rasengan super fast few episodes ago while even Naruto being trained by Jiraya (who, I think, was a better teacher than Naruto) has learned it in several weeks. Maybe in the next episode he will master the Shuriken Rasengan, why not... I find it really weird that he is so strong so quickly. There is nothing to justify it (no Biju in him for example .. .)
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Itachi is a messed up character and doesn't deserve the fan love

Decader - Dec 11, 2023

42 by Andromeda567 »»
Apr 17, 3:47 AM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 484 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 1, 2016

79 by Vysarine »»
Apr 13, 11:27 PM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 82 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

shotta77 - Oct 30, 2008

102 by a_polani »»
Apr 11, 3:50 AM

» Any Recommendations?

Proman9710 - Oct 5, 2021

49 by Proman9710 »»
Apr 10, 9:24 AM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 20 Discussion

jobocan - Jul 19, 2007

41 by drzod1k_lilla »»
Apr 10, 6:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.