Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon Episode 5 Discussion


#1
Oct 29, 2011 12:40 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 27694
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
No OP?

Such an awkward position to battle like that... to have kind of broken maid-robot hugging you.

Isn't it too far to do conversation? lol~

Students seeing the conversation through monitor.

9 weapons with crime? And that 9th one is Horizon? (shocked!)

The broken robot, had something that resembles the old man's wife inside her to have soul, sacrificed? With that, "it" is completed?

It seems like Horizon understood something about her, and Toori's confession cannot reach her.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
 
#2
Oct 29, 2011 4:38 PM
Observer

Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 5282
The weapons are based on the Sins.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
 
#3
Oct 29, 2011 8:15 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 5874
I hardly understand a thing! I really need subs.
 
#4
Oct 29, 2011 10:10 PM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 4443
Epic episode!!
The legacy of Tonbokiri will continue
No OP?

PS01's song lol
 
#5
Oct 30, 2011 1:35 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 27694
No OP?

PS01's song lol


Yeah, I meant no usual OP, "TERMINATED" by Minorin.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
 
#6
Oct 30, 2011 2:52 AM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 4443
^
they doesn't have enough time to even insert song 1.30minute song in this episode .
Even the explanation still continue after the ed song end lol
 
#7
Oct 30, 2011 3:35 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 9905
I got to say the following person,

has finally made entry and he sure did a number on the maid. He would be my #2 but on the bad side. Right I am leaning away from Testament Union.

The end is mindfuck. This is the second series to do this so far in the series I watched to day. They blew the shit up man! They killed themselves and the maids. I screamed many times TOORI! TOORI! HORIZON NO! At the end. It T_T tearful. My man got separated from his love and that robot ain't a robot. They are using human soul into machine concept. That really is Horizon's soul in that robot and I am convinced. I need a break.

OK back! Rested like 30 minutes after this. ROFL, feel better too but I cannot shake off the facts in the spoiler Really those guys are nuts totally. They killed themselves in the spoiler

for a freaking revolution to amend to what exactly? Anyway Honda is dead and leaves 2 daughters, crazy ass president is dead and Kazuno along with all the maids are dead. Oh great! Now what? I really hoped my #2 would stop all this but I guess not.

I think the messages is clear now but my man Toori in the following,

I feel so much for this guy. It's like there is connection. I usually don't do that screaming for a guy since a long time TBH. Toori really touched me a lot. I may sound gay but it really was like that. It was just a connection from a fictional person to their emotions which cannot be fiction totally. More later.

In thee end we are left with the following spoiler
Toori need to freaking man up! I want my man to assemble all and go for an infiltration mission to rescue Horizon. He needs to do that or delay a bit in order to prepare his allies. Now what I am worried about is what are they going to do to Horizon?

BTW Image Stitches in the spoiler
obviously Muneshige looks splendid!

New poster out in the spoiler
that's all and damn P-01 looks as amazing as a human in that poster. Guess water is no problem even to take a bath.
Modified by Yumekichi11, Oct 30, 2011 9:26 AM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
 
#8
Oct 30, 2011 2:51 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 782
honda <3
were the sub T^T
 
#9
Oct 30, 2011 9:46 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 3179
Very good episode. All hell breaks loose.... the crazy professor/lord wants an Apocalypse
to "stick it to the man (FAR EAST)"... and he wants the young people to fight for their future. Crazy a-hole. lol.

Great episode.
 
Oct 30, 2011 10:00 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 179
not much of a fan on this one, I thought toori would be a little bit stronger and all but he's pretty much just a comical pushover
 
Oct 30, 2011 10:42 PM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 83
wtf is going on man this show is confusing i thought that dude toori was like badass and strong but wtf!!
 
Oct 30, 2011 11:41 PM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 48
wtf man its like he is not the main character of this show
they only showed him for like 2 mins the fuck
i thought he will fight tooo but naaaa
smh
 
Oct 31, 2011 1:41 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 2091
That lord is an ass starting a war for entertainment. At the same time he sacrifice himself as well wtf.
 
Oct 31, 2011 4:17 AM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 4443
Yumekichi11 said:

New poster out in the spoilerthat's all and damn P-01 looks as amazing as a human in that poster. Guess water is no problem even to take a bath.
That black slime on P01's hair 0.0
So cute (〃^▽^〃)
 
Oct 31, 2011 4:50 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 5970
That was pretty awesome battle. Sort of crazy that they did all of that to start a war.
 
Oct 31, 2011 10:52 AM
Grim Anime Fan

Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 2181
... that anime feels so random and messed up o.o.... well il contiue watching it
 
Oct 31, 2011 12:31 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 524
So I am beginning to understand what is going on but condensing 6300 pages of a Light novel into a 13 episode anime is still the stupidest thing I have ever heard of. I felt so bad that he could not confess his love in the end to her. Also as soon as I heard there was a 9th weapon I knew right away it was Horizon.
 
Oct 31, 2011 1:17 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 782
@Matron_Laylie
her name in tit;e for a resen

i start think the anime bad an plan to drop it in Ep3 but i keep up and it turn out to be Epic
i look up to it more thin fatezero
 
Oct 31, 2011 1:23 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 477
I definitely thought that Toori would fight.. but WTF?.. doesn't he have any skills?.. I thought he was already awesome at the start but is he the protagonist type where he gets stronger?.. Noriki was better coz he still went to fight.. but really, what a letdown.. hope Toori comes up better next episode..
 
Oct 31, 2011 1:45 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 45
So why would it be a problem if Toori could have confessed his love for Horizon? Why did this other girl (don't remember the name) kick him in the face?
 
Oct 31, 2011 1:57 PM
Offline
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 30
There will be a second season for about 13 episodes.

This is the first episode that actually made sense. Crazy president to want to start a war, and USE HIS OWN DAUGHTER'S SOUL.

I think if Toori kept saying stuff, that they might have been overpowered and killed on the spot. It seemed to be heading that way. And Toori isn't the best when it comes to saying appropriate things in the right situation. At that point in time, there really wasn't anything anyone could do but hand over Horizon. They're students and don't have the manpower to fight yet.
 
Oct 31, 2011 2:03 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 17488
omgitselo said:
There will be a second season for about 13 episodes.


Source on this?
 
Oct 31, 2011 3:47 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 31
This episode is simply epic, and it really helps to have some basic knowledge from the LN (here's one http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=106418 don't worry, spoilers is on bracket).

Definitely best episode of any anime this season (up to this point anyway).

btw, who the heck in their right mind recommending Majikoi from this anime? just because there are "students" and air on the time frame? and WHAT samurai lineage? I swear there should have to be like/unlike button for that section.
Modified by naoan, Oct 31, 2011 3:54 PM
 
Oct 31, 2011 4:28 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 269
@Naoan

apparently there are some people who thinks this series is a fun fanservice romance harem comedy. :D

Anyway, it's so nice to see the show taking shape. Hopefully the future episodes will have less time skips around to make it easier for the anime-only viewers.
 
Oct 31, 2011 4:52 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 108
HORIZON TwT!
 
Oct 31, 2011 5:19 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 5159
So as someone who's just a anime Viewer,the Story so far is the Lord setup this whole Plan to put the world into A crisis just For entertainment?, and i take this was just the build up and the story starts now with a Time skip next week? i'm not sure i just saw the date 1648.

only thing i'm confused about is at the ending credits what the girl/guy said since the version i downloaded didn't have what she said translated.
 
Oct 31, 2011 6:14 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 487
HOLY CALAMARY!
This was one of the weirdest things, I saw in a long time.

At first I was like "yay, for more action", than the killer maid (who was actually some sort of cyborg?) exploded, but not completely, than there came this dude with that huge axe kinda weapon, they talked about some stuff (which I didn't even dislike) and then this crazy professor with that sparkling lightshow-parade and destruction of the world, more action and then this gundam-girl with the GIGANTIC weaponry and simply EVERYTHING'S GOING APESH**!!!!! *huffhuff*

Ye, somehow so much stuff happened and even though I didn't get A-N-Y-T-H-I-N-G at all (or maybe exactly BECAUSE of that) I liked this episode. The first time for this anime.
Hope it'll stay that crazy.
 
Oct 31, 2011 6:32 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 269
Kuchenlight said:
Ye, somehow so much stuff happened and even though I didn't get A-N-Y-T-H-I-N-G at all (or maybe exactly BECAUSE of that) I liked this episode. The first time for this anime.
Hope it'll stay that crazy.


tip here, go read the subtitles :)
 
Oct 31, 2011 6:42 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 246
Nietono_no_Shana said:
So why would it be a problem if Toori could have confessed his love for Horizon? Why did this other girl (don't remember the name) kick him in the face?


Yeah ditto I don't get wtf is goin on either the dude alrdy has the courage to confess to his girl and what do they do.... tackle him to the ground and kick em in the face... poor Tori should have just kept playing him eroge XD
 
Oct 31, 2011 7:06 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 269
well isn't it obvious?

if he confesses then Horizon will more likely to stay behind, so those soldiers will have to kill Toori in order to take Horizon away. To save Toori she made the correct choice of shutting him down.

not to mention Toori is getting on the nerve of that officer already

katsu044 said:
and i take this was just the build up and the story starts now with a Time skip next week? i'm not sure i just saw the date 1648.

You can say that there's a time skip in the sense that
We are finally moving on to Day 2

katsu044 said:
only thing i'm confused about is at the ending credits what the girl/guy said since the version i downloaded didn't have what she said translated.

From AS:
Testament Era, 1648, April 21st, 6am.

Automation P-01s Horizon Ariadust is now officially recognized as the ruler of Mikawa.

At the same time, she is to take responsibility for Mikawa's destruction, and was sentenced to suicide. The sentencing will be carried out the same day at 6pm.

.. something along those lines
Modified by jeroz, Oct 31, 2011 7:14 PM
 
Oct 31, 2011 7:18 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 5159
jeroz said:
well isn't it obvious?

if he confesses then Horizon will more likely to stay behind, so those soldiers will have to kill Toori in order to take Horizon away. To save Toori she made the correct choice of shutting him down.

not to mention Toori is getting on the nerve of that officer already

katsu044 said:
and i take this was just the build up and the story starts now with a Time skip next week? i'm not sure i just saw the date 1648.

You can say that there's a time skip in the sense that
We are finally moving on to Day 2

katsu044 said:
only thing i'm confused about is at the ending credits what the girl/guy said since the version i downloaded didn't have what she said translated.

From AS:
Testament Era, 1648, April 21st, 6am.

Automation P-01s Horizon Ariadust is now officially recognized as the ruler of Mikawa.

At the same time, she is to take responsibility for Mikawa's destruction, and was sentenced to suicide. The sentencing will be carried out the same day at 6pm.

.. something along those lines


Ah thanks for clearing that up Jeroz
 
Oct 31, 2011 7:26 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 487
jeroz said:
Kuchenlight said:
Ye, somehow so much stuff happened and even though I didn't get A-N-Y-T-H-I-N-G at all (or maybe exactly BECAUSE of that) I liked this episode. The first time for this anime.
Hope it'll stay that crazy.


tip here, go read the subtitles :)

I would say "duh!", if that wouldn't be TOO obvious.

Ah well, I do it anyway:
duh!

Nah, honestly. Sure, if I had paid 100% attention to every line, I would've got at least a little bit out of all of this. But otherwise, it's pretty hard. So, ye no point in a "tip" like that.
 
Oct 31, 2011 9:27 PM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 21
Ok, I kinda flamed the last episode of this anime because it doesn't make any sense, but I refuse to be defeated by poor screenplay so I'm trucking through. I gotta say some of my questions have been answers but at the same time the answers were just plain stupid. Causing the apocalypse because its fun?!?!?! really? I mean damn. Then we have the main character who is straight up ass, only gets 2 minutes of screen time....SERIOUSLY? Chick kicks him in his face as he was about to tell the robot chick that he loves her? WTF...WHY? All the students are ridiculously weak based upon how easily they were taken out trying to help the Protagonist. What exactly is all this leading towards?

We have a care free guy, living in a time where fighting seems to par for the course, and he can't fight...nor does he seem all the bright (The redeeming quality that makes Maji De Watashi Ni Koi Shinasai's protagonist fit) WHAT THE HELL. I have some answers, but i now have 10 times more questions. This anime is deeply flawed, but I'm gonna keep on trucking. Hopefully there is a pot of gold at the end of the rainvbow
 
Oct 31, 2011 9:38 PM
Offline
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 30
I'm sorry I don't have an official news source or anything for the second season, but that's just information I've read from various summaries of the first season anime in 2011 that there is a scheduled second season from Sunrise for 2012. None of these places have a news source, either, unless it's on Sunrise's official website

I mean, with the pacing this slow and so many LN to cover, I wouldn't be surprised for a second season unless there's so much backlash from the public that the project is dropped.

Shit is going down. Damn.

Chick kicks him in his face as he was about to tell the robot chick that he loves her? WTF...WHY? All the students are ridiculously weak based upon how easily they were taken out trying to help the Protagonist. What exactly is all this leading towards?


The guards were getting antsy with Toori trying to talk to Horizon. They want to take Horizon and Masazumi saw this, and for the sake of saving Toori, she handed over Horizon and knocked him out. If he would've kept talking, the guards would have shot everyone. I'm sure there's some deeper meaning, too, but this is what I got from that particular part of the episode.

And they're probably weak because they're students compared to trained guards. I have a feeling that Toori is going to somehow convince everyone and try to save Horizon, especially if she's to be executed.
Modified by omgitselo, Oct 31, 2011 9:42 PM
 
Oct 31, 2011 10:29 PM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 21
omgitselo said:



Chick kicks him in his face as he was about to tell the robot chick that he loves her? WTF...WHY? All the students are ridiculously weak based upon how easily they were taken out trying to help the Protagonist. What exactly is all this leading towards?


The guards were getting antsy with Toori trying to talk to Horizon. They want to take Horizon and Masazumi saw this, and for the sake of saving Toori, she handed over Horizon and knocked him out. If he would've kept talking, the guards would have shot everyone. I'm sure there's some deeper meaning, too, but this is what I got from that particular part of the episode.

And they're probably weak because they're students compared to trained guards. I have a feeling that Toori is going to somehow convince everyone and try to save Horizon, especially if she's to be executed.


They were well in control, I don't know why they would be getting antsy...However your reasoning at least provides some excuse. Weird how we could both watch the same exact scene and I end up with a WTF face, and yet it makes sense to you. That about sums up this anime ...lol.

But yeah, if these students manage to go from not being able to land a single hit on the teacher in EP.1 to being a force to be reckoned with, without some Naruto like flashforward, over the next 8 episodes I'm going to break something...not sure what.
 
Oct 31, 2011 10:42 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 269
you do realises that all the artillery didn't follow Toori to the scene right? Just because one fighter didn't manage to scratch the surface doesn't mean the whole student body are all weak. As for the main character, well we'll see. You don't have to be the best fighter to lead a group of super soldiers.

it's like sending scouts out to the battle field and you complain that they couldn't fight the mid boss or something. :)


Also you seem to be quite gullible to take everything the characters said at the face value, so I don't blame you for getting confused
 
Oct 31, 2011 11:28 PM
Offline
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 2422
damn pretty epic, pretty sad to see Toori struggle like that to confess..
 
Nov 1, 2011 5:28 AM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 4443
JN00b312 said:
Nietono_no_Shana said:
So why would it be a problem if Toori could have confessed his love for Horizon? Why did this other girl (don't remember the name) kick him in the face?


Yeah ditto I don't get wtf is goin on either the dude alrdy has the courage to confess to his girl and what do they do.... tackle him to the ground and kick em in the face... poor Tori should have just kept playing him eroge XD
Masazumi doesn't want to stand up against testament union.It is for the sake of Far east and the Citizen of Musashi .
Furthermore, If KPA italia done something to Toori the president of Musashi, Far east will not forgive testament union for its doing and thing gonna get messy .
It is much more better if Musazumi from Musashi to kick him rather than KPA italia ^^

cough.....gonna cut and paste my opinion from Animesuki lol

Sensei is either an epic troll master or brilliant planner.Well, it is up to the world to use his idea or not after his death .His plan will bring an end to Far east but it may also free them from Testament.
Modified by MorningGlory, Nov 1, 2011 7:11 AM
 
Nov 1, 2011 5:30 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 155
I had two thought after seeing this episode.

1. That professor guy is a douche
2. Cool guys don't look at explosions.
 
Nov 1, 2011 8:15 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 5218
So why did they blow up the reactor again? And was it Musashi or Mikawa? I'm lost at that part. Otherwise it's getting interesting now.
Fucking Aizen behind all this.
I'm guessing Toori will get one of those weapons from the look of the OP. Let's see..
 
Nov 1, 2011 10:47 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 359
All I got to say is this ep proved this anime's the best mind blowing anime this season.

The fight and strategy is freaking awesome. I like this whole new different feel of world
with all kinds of randomness and stuffs. And they have their own unique fighting
style.

OMG best fighting anime and ep this season. Even beats Toriko fights.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Nov 1, 2011 10:49 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 165
naoan said:
btw, who the heck in their right mind recommending Majikoi from this anime? just because there are "students" and air on the time frame? and WHAT samurai lineage? I swear there should have to be like/unlike button for that section.


my recommendation is definietly better LOL
 
Nov 1, 2011 12:46 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 1943
belatkuro said:
Fucking Aizen behind all this.

^ This.
 
Nov 1, 2011 1:17 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 78
If they would have made the 'history' background a little easier everyone would have loved the anime...Anyway I love it this way too...

My man Toori didn't disappoint me this ep eather <3<3<3<3 I hope he clears his feeling for Horizon !!
 
Nov 1, 2011 4:38 PM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 21
jeroz said:
you do realises that all the artillery didn't follow Toori to the scene right? Just because one fighter didn't manage to scratch the surface doesn't mean the whole student body are all weak. As for the main character, well we'll see. You don't have to be the best fighter to lead a group of super soldiers.

it's like sending scouts out to the battle field and you complain that they couldn't fight the mid boss or something. :)


Also you seem to be quite gullible to take everything the characters said at the face value, so I don't blame you for getting confused


I agree, that wasn't everyone, however based on the first episode they aren't even strong enough for 1 teacher...combined.
I agree again, you don't have to be the strongest. I believe I explicitly mentioned Maji De Watashi because the guy can't fight at all but hes a strategic genius. If thats the case with Toori then I'm fine with this.

Either way, this anime has top tier animation. The plot is poorly constructed, so far, leaving many to wander WTF is going on. This episode answered some of those questions but it posed a few more. I look forward to the development and at least a few more answers
 
Nov 1, 2011 6:53 PM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 25
belatkuro said:
So why did they blow up the reactor again? And was it Musashi or Mikawa? I'm lost at that part. Otherwise it's getting interesting now.
Fucking Aizen behind all this.
I'm guessing Toori will get one of those weapons from the look of the OP. Let's see..

The reactor they blew up was in Mikawa. The ship where everyone is on is the Musashi. From what I understand, he destroyed the reactor in order to start a war, as under the oppression of the HDS (Harmonic Divine States), they have not done not a single thing for the purpose of circumventing the apocalypse. Also, the chaos will allow the people of the Divine States a chance to take back their land (which ultimately is Toori's goal, I think)


 
Nov 1, 2011 7:33 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 135
The subs in my video was cut at the part where the reverse trap was talking at the end after the Tonbikiri guy died. Can someone please tell me everything she just said?

Oh hey it's Ikaros.
 
Nov 2, 2011 3:20 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 1183
It's episode 05 and I still don't know what the fuck is going on. It's really enjoyable though.
 
Nov 2, 2011 1:26 PM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 2214


That's some fan service, btw, is one of them wearing an upper garb in the onsen?
Modified by Nasty001, Nov 2, 2011 1:31 PM
 
Nov 2, 2011 4:24 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 1545
well I was right in calling 5-6 to be the key episodes in telling whether this adaption will flop - not even an op for 5.

Good episode - now the pieces start moving ...in the open.

Matron_Laylie said:
So I am beginning to understand what is going on but condensing 6300 pages of a Light novel into a 13 episode anime is still the stupidest thing I have ever heard of. I felt so bad that he could not confess his love in the end to her. Also as soon as I heard there was a 9th weapon I knew right away it was Horizon.


I've been bitching about that since I heard it was being adapted -_-"
Modified by sirwence, Nov 2, 2011 4:30 PM
 
Top
Pages (2) [1] 2 »