Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Fate/Zero Episode 5 Discussion

Mar 5, 2013 1:22 PM
why the hell is berserker cgi

Mar 5, 2013 9:52 PM

2 reasons, as cited by the creators:

1. They couldn't get the black mist effect to look right with traditional animation
2. It makes him look visually distinct from the others, to emphasize the mad enhancement

Mar 7, 2013 5:02 AM

wailofthebanshee said:
why the hell is berserker cgi

1:Because he is supposed to look like he doesnt belong to the world.
2:Best way to animated his Noble Phantasm:For Someone's Glory not for his Mad Enhancement as said above.
3:It is freaking cool.

People should stop hating on CGi just because it isnt "traditional".Especially when it looks fucking great.

Mar 9, 2013 2:27 PM

wait

Caster thinks Saber is Joan of Arc?

aww! i thought they were hinting at him being Merlin.

:<

Mar 9, 2013 4:32 PM

etatau said:
wait

I dont think that Merlin was so fucked up.And I am sure that Merlin was never used as a reference/basis for Bluebeard.

Mar 26, 2013 3:22 PM

Rider is awesome. Speaks like a true king! And it was so fun seeing Gilgamesh so pissed off.

Jun 11, 2013 6:06 AM

You do not gaze upon Gilgamesh with your filthy eyes :P
And damn that Berserker was crazy. Even though the battles where switching rapidly it was fun episode to watch. And the Caster is psycho.

Jun 11, 2013 7:05 AM

the berserker I was suprised when see it.. so cool.. the outfit look like assassin.. but more cooler with those aura :3 I never expect it was kariya servant..

btw I really annoyed with archer act :/ so annoying
btw iskandar kind of cool too in this episode :3

Jun 11, 2013 7:08 AM

Always-Hungry said:
You do not gaze upon Gilgamesh with your filthy eyes :P
And damn that Berserker was crazy. Even though the battles where switching rapidly it was fun episode to watch. And the Caster is psycho.

damn right! lol XD

etatau said:
wait

I was thinking if caster talking about berserker in his ball :3

Jun 12, 2013 7:38 AM
Worst One

That was pretty damn awesome and I love this version of Berserker, this show just seems to get better and better with each episode.

Jun 29, 2013 4:06 AM

I can't figure out which servant is my favorite. All of them are very awesome and have interesting backstory. Berserker is badass with that black aura.

Looks like Caster got a crush for Saber. XD
I also think that he mistook Saber for Joan of Arc.

"And if, there were so many people in the world, there had to be someone living an interesting life that wasn't ordinary. I was sure of it. Why wasn't that person me?"
- The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Part V
[/center]

Jul 11, 2013 11:59 AM

I still have doubts about whether or not this show is as good as people say, but this episode was pretty cool, I guess..

Jul 17, 2013 7:03 PM

Great episode, I really enjoyed it. It was pretty creepy how much Caster wanted Saber, I feel sorry for her lol. But it was great seeing Zerker and Archer also jumping into the mix and making things interesting.

Jul 24, 2013 10:07 PM

Another awesome episode

Aug 4, 2013 2:19 AM

This episode felt like the crossover of The Hunger Games and Game of Thrones... xD

Caster is very creepy... I hope he and his master get killed early on... xD

I <3 Rider

4/5

Sep 15, 2013 8:29 AM
Rider is so reckless, but I like him.

cantius said:
Berserker is a badass.

I like him too, but I wonder who is he... Hmm he got an armor, also his weapon is a lance

I'm pretty sure I'm right because I'm good when is about this kind of thing, but I'm going to see the spoiler anyway.

I've done that... sometimes I just hate myself... (why I had to be so logical). Anyway for those who want clues you may open the spoiler, but I warn you don't open the 2nd that is the spoiler with his identity, although you may realize who it is him from opening the 1st spoiler.
Modified by Zarnaav, Sep 15, 2013 8:38 AM

Sep 15, 2013 8:43 AM

Zarnaav said:
Rider is so reckless, but I like him.

cantius said:
Berserker is a badass.

I like him too, but I wonder who is he... Hmm he got an armor, also his weapon is a lance

I'm pretty sure I'm right because I'm good when is about this kind of thing, but I'm going to see the spoiler anyway.

I've done that... sometimes I just hate myself... (why I had to be so logical). Anyway for those who want clues you may open the spoiler, but I warn you don't open the 2nd that is the spoiler with his identity, although you may realize who it is him from opening the 1st spoiler.

He used axes,swords,lances and a lamp pole.Everybody goes for Saber.Not sure how those are clues....

Oct 1, 2013 2:56 AM

I can't handle all this epic.
Powerful eyebrows.

Oct 7, 2013 4:05 PM

Rider is probably my favorite so far. He is such a badass, but also kind guy.

That animation/effect on Berserker was pretty awesome, he looks epic. I still stand by the identity I thought of some episodes ago, it looks kind of obvious now.

I wonder how Bluebeard knows Saber. The only explanation I can think of is that he actually mistook her for Jeanne d'Arc, his companion or whatever she was back then. I mean before he became a child murderer.

I also wonder how long it will take before Lancer turns on his master. I'm pretty sure all that talk about serving him and wanting to give him the grail was bullshit. Especially now that he compelled to do something he didn't want.
Modified by RazielZero, Oct 8, 2013 4:36 AM

Oct 9, 2013 11:31 AM

holy fuck, dis was awesome
current LN reading:
Death March kara hajimaru isekai kyousoukyoku
translated here
for those who are interested in other forums about animes, check randomc.net, reddit.com/r/anime and forum.animesuki.com

Nov 25, 2013 2:56 AM

Every character is so damn good and the soundtrack is perfect.
I can't wait for ufotable's Fate/Stay Night adaption

Dec 7, 2013 5:26 PM

All the servants were really good, but I'd love to have Rider on my side in a fight.
The thought of Caster in love with Saber is disgusting! Ugh!!
Awesome episode.

Dec 9, 2013 11:13 AM
I wasn't fond of CG Berserker, but a good episode otherwise.

Nice to see Rider bitchmake Archibald :)

Feb 3, 2014 8:40 AM

Holy shit.

Mar 5, 2014 3:03 AM

The Caster recognizes Saber? I wonder if his true name is Merlin. Also gotta wonder who the Berserker is. That was a hell of a meet up between all of the servants, Rider is simply awesome and Waver's reactions are always priceless. I like how the masters can kill each other, it's adding a whole new layer to the strategies they're using such as concealing identities and firearms.

Mar 18, 2014 1:08 PM

Ugh, Gilgamesh was slightly annoying. Iskandar was awesome as always.

and still waiting patiently for a 3rd season of Spice & Wolf :'|

Apr 15, 2014 8:36 AM

Damn.

May 6, 2014 2:33 AM

Was overwhelming seeing all the heroes in one spot. Berserker was beast

7/10
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.

May 17, 2014 9:32 PM

I will be frank about it.. that was bad ass. Loving this so far!

May 21, 2014 12:33 AM
wow that was pretty nice of rider at offering a team up and he wasint a jerk about it.Offering friendship and money i mean if I was one of the masters or servents I would be tempted.Rider is just so dang awesome.Beserker smoke effect looked dam good.Well im sure lancer master is pissed he just wasted a seal.seemsl caster has a boner for saber but I dont blame him :p

Jun 6, 2014 9:54 PM

I love Beserker in CG and watching him fight. The scenes looked like they were out of a movie.

Rider continues to be the best and I loled when he noticed his master had fainted

Jun 23, 2014 11:39 PM

Ninah said:
Rider continues to be the best and I loled when he noticed his master had fainted

^^^ Everyone is cool and all, but Rider consumes me body and soul. (#•́v •̀#)

Aug 4, 2014 1:37 PM

I really like those confrontations between Servants in this series, they finally acts as real personalities rather than just as Master's sidekicks in the game. And finally we see some clever use of command spells.

But true, Rider's presence stole whole this episode :D

Aug 4, 2014 9:48 PM

Mich666 said:
I really like those confrontations between Servants in this series, they finally acts as real personalities rather than just as Master's sidekicks in the game. And finally we see some clever use of command spells.

I wouldn't really say that. With a few exceptions, most of the Servants play dominant roles with personalities, not just sidekicks.

FSN:

It's mostly the three kings in FZ, that play the non-sidekicks in FZ and Caster being the main antagonist of the first half. If I look at Assassin, Berserker and Lancer, they are just the pets of their Masters.

Aug 4, 2014 9:51 PM

C-Core said:

You are probably only referring to Fate/Zero, but as for the Command Spells that are used, I don't think they are wasted in FSN either and cleverly used.

Prologue Rin,1st Command Spell.
Best choice ever.

Aug 4, 2014 10:03 PM

ssjokg said:
C-Core said:

You are probably only referring to Fate/Zero, but as for the Command Spells that are used, I don't think they are wasted in FSN either and cleverly used.

Prologue Rin,1st Command Spell.
Best choice ever.

Well, except for that, maybe. Waver was tempted to do the same. Her other one wasn't that dumb, though. Shirou's Command Spells prevented Bad Ends. In one particular case in UBW this is averted though admittedly.
Modified by CapsuleCore, Aug 4, 2014 10:32 PM

Aug 5, 2014 3:06 PM

Rider is awesome
Saber is cool
Berserker is a FREAKING bad ass

The fights are amazing
The animation is gorgeous
The story is straightforward

Petty damn good......best part is it doesn't have any kids in school in it
I dislike lelouch vi Britannia.

im a shiki supporter

my YouTube channel https://youtu.be/IJGKSsi--Uw

Just past the 1500th Mark bitches

I approve this video http://youtu.be/U_0CCLxibFk

Aug 5, 2014 3:09 PM

Animefreak17a said:
best part is it doesn't have any kids in school in it
Actually it does.

Aug 5, 2014 3:25 PM

C-Core said:
Mich666 said:

I wouldn't really say that. With a few exceptions, most of the Servants play dominant roles with personalities, not just sidekicks.

FSN:

It's mostly the three kings in FZ, that play the non-sidekicks in FZ and Caster being the main antagonist of the first half. If I look at Assassin, Berserker and Lancer, they are just the pets of their Masters.

I was talking more about combat strategy rather than about their personalities as what you did write is true. In FSN it was more about masters who was giving direct orders, now in F/Z Servants tend to act more independently in terms of deciding what to do in fight. But Caster and Gil really stood out, that's right. And I agree with Rin :) (thought that was clearly done as player tutorial). But most of Command Spells in FSN were used on summoning/stopping Servant, that's what I meant (with some exceptions ofc).

Aug 6, 2014 1:13 AM

Mich666 said:
C-Core said:

FSN:

I was talking more about combat strategy rather than about their personalities as what you did write is true. In FSN it was more about masters who was giving direct orders, now in F/Z Servants tend to act more independently in terms of deciding what to do in fight. But Caster and Gil really stood out, that's right. And I agree with Rin :) (thought that was clearly done as player tutorial). But most of Command Spells in FSN were used on summoning/stopping Servant, that's what I meant (with some exceptions ofc).

You're right, the Servants are more independent here. The irony though is that the FZ Servants would actually be much more effective, if they started cooperating with their Masters, instead of running around and doing as they please.

I kinda find it funny how many people (not you) say FZ is so much more mature and cleverer than FSN, when the kids from the 5th war did a way better job than the adults from the 4th. Sure, Kirei, Kiritsugu and Kayneth are much more skillful fighters, but they are terrible Masters.

Aug 6, 2014 1:38 AM

C-Core said:
Mich666 said:

You're right, the Servants are more independent here. The irony though is that the FZ Servants would actually be much more effective, if they started cooperating with their Masters, instead of running around and doing as they please.

I kinda find it funny how many people (not you) say FZ is so much more mature and cleverer than FSN, when the kids from the 5th war did a way better job than the adults from the 4th. Sure, Kirei, Kiritsugu and Kayneth are much more skillful fighters, but they are terrible Masters.

Some people just miss the main point of F/0 storyline - everyone in 4th war is an idiot.

Aug 13, 2014 3:18 AM

Fai said:
C-Core said:

Some people just miss the main point of F/0 storyline - everyone in 4th war is an idiot.

Except Kiritsugu, I'd say.

Aug 13, 2014 3:29 AM

MeiMisaki1525 said:
Fai said:

Except Kiritsugu, I'd say.

Aug 13, 2014 6:25 PM

Nachtwandler_21 said:
Designed by Nasu himsel. No wonder Caster thought that Saber was her, she really looks similar.

Whoa. Than it's understanding. Real Jeanne had brown hair. Dunno, why Japanese like to make her blond.
Because blond hair is the most distinguishable western trait for them, to the point where they think that westerners are blond by default. That, and also they're obsessed with blond hair as the color is non-existant in their nation.

Anyways, this was an epic episode, but Lancer is still too annoying, I guess I just won't like him this time around.

Same goes for Iskandar, but he's even more irritating.

The ED is a killer.

Aug 13, 2014 7:27 PM

C-Core said:
Mich666 said:

Although that may be true, I argue that for Kiritsugu and Kirei, it's irrelevant.

Fai said:

Aug 23, 2014 7:39 AM

Brilliant!!!!!! Man this is so awesome! And that OST!

Aug 31, 2014 8:45 AM

Loved it!

5 out 5. Nothing else to say here.

Sep 4, 2014 4:04 PM

It looks like the mongrels were unable to grasp Gilgamesh's wondrous might.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
I conclude that this theme is in fact good!

Nov 20, 2014 10:04 AM

5/5

Magnificent this episode, the last Servant joined the cast, in the best way. Yet another spectacular clash, always excellent drawings and animations.
The narrative presents many interesting new aspects.
Plot advancing showing new facets in the personalities of the protagonists.
The soundtrack is also superb today.

Nov 23, 2014 5:20 AM

Good thing Iskandar interfered at the end! Berserker looks good in CGI!!!
Hope Saber finds a way to heal her injury!

Pages (9) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 »