3It was OK
5.9%
2Disliked it
2.7%
1Hated it
1.2%
Average 4.6
255 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 28, 2011 9:03 AM

Aug 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.

------------------

Just 22 minutes before it airs in Japan!~
KimChanx3Oct 28, 2011 9:08 AM
Oct 28, 2011 9:56 AM

Nov 2007
FUCK YES I WAITED FOR THIS EPISODE FOR 4 YEARS AND IT DID NOT DISAPPOINT!! This has been one of the best episodes of Shana I've ever seen out of all seasons! The music, the animation, everything was perfect!
They successfully adapted the last chapter of novel 16 to its full glory imo...JC Staff I am proud.
Oct 28, 2011 12:14 PM

Jul 2009
lol, him taking care of them so peacefully as they try to kill him. And then him breaking margery to keep her out of the fight. I would of rather had him do the entire fight barehanded without any of his hougyoku just to show how overkill his powers are.
Oct 28, 2011 1:02 PM

Sep 2010
Yuuji rocks!
2e16nig.png
Oct 28, 2011 1:03 PM

Nov 2010
*Damn my English Sucks

i dint say subs, what i mean is Raw. I dint notice the difference of the two until now.

Anyway still waiting for the Subs its been 24 hours since i watched the raw version.
fidelbuds10Oct 29, 2011 2:51 PM
Oct 28, 2011 2:52 PM

Jul 2011
Previous episodes was really a prologue to the start of the action this season, so I'm expecting this episode to set the framework for how the season goes.

Well after watching, I expected a decent episode, instead I got a radical personality change. So far it's not really doing standing out from any other show, it's just cliche I'm doing this to save you bullshit. The only "good" things so far would be the opening/ending theme, was hoping for good visuals too, but the animation seems to blow and the art seems a little off.

2/5
mdzOct 29, 2011 9:43 PM
Oct 28, 2011 3:24 PM
Jul 2009
That blew the other 3 episodes away!!
RedFlameHazeOct 28, 2011 6:13 PM

Oct 28, 2011 3:42 PM

Feb 2008
Great episode Yuuji took Shana easily knock her out.
He sure could easily killed them all but he decide not to do it, that's prove him to be the real Sakai Yuuji
He is not really evil, don't know how the novel is since I haven't read it but probably good.
I guess in the preview that 3 loyal bodyguard are the one that going defend it.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Oct 28, 2011 6:32 PM

Jun 2011
This episode is so exciting!
But I'm a bit confused on Yuuji's rational o_o
Oct 28, 2011 10:10 PM

May 2011
Awesome episode! Blew away my expectations beyond the roof! Great start to a brand new season of shakugan no shana! Im dieing to know the truth behind Yujii's rational xD :D
Deathtoy25Oct 31, 2011 4:15 AM

Oct 29, 2011 12:57 AM

Dec 2010
So many different emotions in this one. Man it was more exciting than I read about!
I've waited so long for this episode of awesomeness!
Oct 29, 2011 1:06 AM

Aug 2011
I can't w8 for the sub to know what exactly Yuji talked to Margari and the others.... Seems everyone depressed after the battle....
Oct 29, 2011 10:09 AM
Jul 2010
I! WANT! SUBS! I! WANT! SUBS! >____>
Come OONNNNN, it's been a whole day, it should've been released HOURS ago!! >___< Gooosshhhh, I SO don't wanna miss this epic battle!!
Oct 29, 2011 10:56 AM

Sep 2011
fidelbuds1 said:
Watched the subs, This episode is awesome!

where did you find subs?
Oct 29, 2011 1:29 PM

Sep 2010
Appel_stroop said:
fidelbuds1 said:
Watched the subs, This episode is awesome!

where did you find subs?

Obvious troll is obvious.
2e16nig.png
Oct 29, 2011 1:44 PM

Aug 2010
I dont think the subs are out yet. But if you read the english novel translation, you could imagine what they where saying. I did understand most of it (From my memory of Novel 16 + Learning japanese) Although I think it won't take that long before english subs are out.
Oct 29, 2011 2:29 PM

Sep 2011
I'm kind of surprised and annoyed that it isn't subbed yet while shows like Working'!! are subbed already despite airing 22 hours later and having a smaller fanbase.
Although I really like Working'!! it's still strange in my opinion.
Oct 29, 2011 4:58 PM

Jul 2010
Wat the Yuji is so freaking cool btw sub is already out
What gonna happen to shana next lol?
MillonzKubOct 29, 2011 5:21 PM
Oct 29, 2011 5:19 PM

Jan 2011
Shih said:
This episode is so exciting!
But I'm a bit confused on Yuuji's rational o_o

Yuuji is cool, but I still can't handle that hair. He looks a old man. @@
Far I know he has 2 personalities now, his own self, and someone who somewhat is the ruler of the Guze no Tomogara. At least that was what I understood from the previous episodes.

KimChanx3 said:
Just 22 minutes before it airs in Japan!~

I know now that you have enthusiasm, but please there's no point in create a thread before the episode actually airs, the rules Anime/Manga Discussion Rules are here. That also apply for people that keep asking for subs, and spam the thread like that. I don't actually see problem in it, but about 10 posts in there, are just asking when the subs is out, and not discussing about the episode itself.
NiyawaOct 29, 2011 5:23 PM
Oct 29, 2011 5:20 PM

Jun 2009
I laughed.

This episode rose my expectations for the next episodes.
Oct 29, 2011 5:26 PM

Apr 2010
Surprisingly, this episode was pretty good. Shana should've been solid like this since day 1.

4/5
Oct 29, 2011 5:35 PM

Nov 2008
Okay so episode 4 is finally what I wanted to see S+ xD after 3 episodes of mediocre we get a great episode now xD
Oct 29, 2011 5:52 PM

May 2009
It was a cool ep. But Yuuji using his hair to fight..uhhhh.
Oct 29, 2011 5:55 PM

Apr 2011
So confused yet so O_O.
"Ogon’ po gotovnosti!"
Oct 29, 2011 6:11 PM

Oct 2010
About time we got some action. Yuji is finally a man and shana is annoying as hell. He should had just destroyed them all. I hope Yuji side win but i just doubt it i bet it be like most animes.
Oct 29, 2011 6:25 PM

Nov 2009
wawawaawawawa...... The battle was very intense, Margery goes insane, and Yuuji has become a loveable hunk. Shana getting kidnapped is pretty cool too.

I can feel happy that i enjoy this show now that it lives up to my expectations. SO PUMPED!
Oct 29, 2011 6:33 PM

Oct 2010
hmmm.. i love this ep!!! so much action!!! :D
but it's stil lkinda funny for yuji to use hair to fight :P
Oct 29, 2011 6:46 PM

Aug 2007
bonifide said:
About time we got some action. Yuji is finally a man and shana is annoying as hell. He should had just destroyed them all. I hope Yuji side win but i just doubt it i bet it be like most animes.

As it stands right now, I don't exactly see what's wrong with Yujis' vision of the world, so maybe it wouldn't be so farfetched to see Bal Masque succeed. However, with the "Snake of the Festival" seemingly using Yuji as a vessel, it could ultimately be a conflict of interest, sort of an inner battle between what Yuji wants and what the S.o.t.F. wants.

What I was most surprised by, honestly, was that Margery went completely nuts. To me, she's the strongest-willed character, and it seemed as though, despite her constant drinking to feel as great as she could, nothing could bring her down. So it's really impressive that, all of a sudden, someone could use Margerys' personal ambitions against her in such an effective way. 0_o

I've been loving this season so far; I liked season 1, though season 2 felt somewhat disjointed and rushed at times. Glad that they took the time to really flesh this final season out so far.
Oct 29, 2011 6:47 PM
Dec 2009
Im so excited to watch this... but i just have this feeling

Oct 29, 2011 6:54 PM

Jun 2008
AMAZING EPISODE!!!

Yuuji literally played with Shana and the rest, they had NO CHANCE of winning!

But still.....FUCK YOU, Yuuji, how dare you want to "protect" Shana and try to destroy her!

....and now Shana is under the EVIL hands of Yuuji....

Also, GO FUCKING DIE Yoshida.....god, you're so horribly annoying....NOBODY LIKES YOU!!!!
Oct 29, 2011 7:04 PM

Oct 2007
Good ep, wish the first 3 were like this z.z
Oct 29, 2011 7:08 PM

Apr 2011
JustALEX said:
AMAZING EPISODE!!!

Yuuji literally played with Shana and the rest, they had NO CHANCE of winning!

But still.....FUCK YOU, Yuuji, how dare you want to "protect" Shana and try to destroy her!

....and now Shana is under the EVIL hands of Yuuji....

Also, GO FUCKING DIE Yoshida.....god, you're so horribly annoying....NOBODY LIKES YOU!!!!

So true and yet so f***ed for her. No one like Yoshida because she so whiny. Maybe if she would actually DO something once in a while she wouldn't be so hated. Although I have a sense of pity for the bitch. Useless, but wanting to be more than just useless. How about she improvises like Homura Akemi from Madoka?
She doesn't even have a weapon personally but yet makes use of military status weapons! Maybe she could learn a little and say "Hey at least I tried shooting the RPG right?"
"Ogon’ po gotovnosti!"
Oct 29, 2011 7:19 PM

May 2008
First entertaining episode of the season so far and it was quite pleasing. The art has gotten quite a nice upgrade and it was quite nice seeing something other than a pink fuzetsu.
Working
Oct 29, 2011 7:23 PM

Jun 2010
Finally, what we all waited.......ended in one episode. It should've gone longer. Oh well, maybe there's more in the next episode.

Oct 29, 2011 7:26 PM
Sep 2007
Can someone explain why Yoshida collapsed to the ground surprised?????? I dont get what was so shocking that Yuji said to her....

And I'm definitely liking this season more than the 2nd one since this is more serious and actually advancing with the story :)
Oct 29, 2011 7:34 PM
Oct 2007
OMG ... Been waiting on this since shakugan no shana II my friend Nikoli described this battle to me from the novels and i've been waiting ever since, i had hoped the prelude of this battle had happened in SnS II but it didn't so i was worried it would never happen but then news of SnS Final was revealed and my hope was once again re-ignited. This episode was worth the wait Yuji alongside the Snake of festival as one sent shivers of joy down my spine and the way he took them all like they were nothing the cruelness of basically saying shana over kazumi was excellently done and just as cruel as what i've heard happened in the novel some pieces seem different but brilliant all the same.

Voice actor for Snake of festival is awesom so glad they found someone of particular quality very well done.

kira-factor said:
Can someone explain why Yoshida collapsed to the ground surprised?????? I dont get what was so shocking that Yuji said to her....

And I'm definitely liking this season more than the 2nd one since this is more serious and actually advancing with the story :)

Basically he picked shana over Kazumi and was basically like i don't love u XD
shugochara1r1c1.png
shugochara1r2c1.pngmetal-blaze.pngshugochara1r2c3.png
shugochara1r3c1.png
Oct 29, 2011 7:36 PM

Sep 2007
All that chaos and all Yoshida cares about is the stupid love triangle. I hope with Yuuji's obvious answer, this stupid love triangle can go fuck off already along with Yoshida.

Lol at people reserving posts in a thread too. Is keeping your post at the beginning of the thread that important?
Oct 29, 2011 7:39 PM

Jan 2011
Yay finally something interesting happens. xD

All three flame hazes try to attack Yuji, and he just shrugs them off. Margery goes completely insane! And Shana gets kidnapped.
Oct 29, 2011 7:42 PM

Sep 2011
how fun. concepts behind the Silver are quite interesting.

Oct 29, 2011 7:43 PM

Sep 2011
Great ep. I really liked how they ended up the ep by totally crushing Yoshida. Coulda done without that ~2 minutes of hysterical Margery screaming though.

4/5
Oct 29, 2011 7:49 PM

Nov 2007
kira-factor said:

Its simple, he returns the letters to both Shana and Yoshida, and then comes back and takes Shana away and tells Yoshida to "go home". Yuji said that he didnt want to SAY anything that would hurt her. So returning her letter is like saying that he will not return her feelings.

In other words....bitch got rejected hard
Oct 29, 2011 7:50 PM

Jun 2008
Wasabi said:
All that chaos and all Yoshida cares about is the stupid love triangle. I hope with Yuuji's obvious answer, this stupid love triangle can go fuck off already along with Yoshida.

Yoshida might single handedly be the worst character of any and ALL J.C Staff anime....and that's saying a lot!!!

game8910 said:
In other words....bitch got rejected hard

LOLOLOL!

If this anime wasn't the way it is, I could definitely see the ending to Shana:

Oct 29, 2011 7:52 PM
Oct 2007
ciddypoo said:
Great ep. I really liked how they ended up the ep by totally crushing Yoshida. Coulda done without that ~2 minutes of hysterical Margery screaming though.

4/5

You've got to admit despite margerys cringe worthy screaming it was brilliant how he mentally cracked her by revealing she had been chasing a shadow that technically didn't exist as it was the embodiment of her desires that killed the ppl she wanted to kill after hundreds of years there was tech no officially no silver guze no tomogara just an illusion type thing :P
shugochara1r1c1.png
shugochara1r2c1.pngmetal-blaze.pngshugochara1r2c3.png
shugochara1r3c1.png
Oct 29, 2011 8:10 PM

Sep 2011
metal-blaze said:
You've got to admit despite margerys cringe worthy screaming it was brilliant how he mentally cracked her by revealing she had been chasing a shadow that technically didn't exist as it was the embodiment of her desires that killed the ppl she wanted to kill after hundreds of years there was tech no officially no silver guze no tomogara just an illusion type thing :P

I won't deny that it was interesting spin on the 'identity' of Silver, I was just raggin' on the unnecessarily melodramatic acting.

This new identity of Silver casts a really dark shadow on the Flame Hazes. The whole point of their existence is to combat fallen Crimson Denizens, but if the Silver is allowed to manifest and wreak havoc through a Crimson Lord's avatar, who's to say that the Crimson Lord cannot in turn be corrupted? After all, it's supposed to be a contract, and the Lord would be approving of their Flame Haze's actions --
Oct 29, 2011 8:22 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
ciddypoo said:
metal-blaze said:

I won't deny that it was interesting spin on the 'identity' of Silver, I was just raggin' on the unnecessarily melodramatic acting.

This new identity of Silver casts a really dark shadow on the Flame Hazes. The whole point of their existence is to combat fallen Crimson Denizens, but if the Silver is allowed to manifest and wreak havoc through a Crimson Lord's avatar, who's to say that the Crimson Lord cannot in turn be corrupted? After all, it's supposed to be a contract, and the Lord would be approving of their Flame Haze's actions --

In the case of Margery, her Flame Haze existence is based on revenge. If her will is broken, she will cease to exist. In other words, it was a close call of the end of her existence right there... (not to mention that now, she's completely broken and useless).
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Oct 29, 2011 8:24 PM

Sep 2008
Yuji is a liar; he just wants the superior Yoshida to stay safe; his plans will destroy him and those around him.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 29, 2011 8:35 PM

Jan 2009
kenshin90991 said:
Im so excited to watch this... but i just have this feeling

Awesome episode, cant wait for the next one.

Glad to see his first useful weapon back.
Oct 29, 2011 8:38 PM

Sep 2011
wakka9ca said:
In the case of Margery, her Flame Haze existence is based on revenge. If her will is broken, she will cease to exist. In other words, it was a close call of the end of her existence right there... (not to mention that now, she's completely broken and useless).

What's scary is that according to Yuuji, the Silver is supposed to manifest when humans reach a critical point of their emotions. It's supposed to project the inner emotions or the absolute desires of the person into a material form. I assume that the Silver is a magnification of the user's power.

This could be what Yuuji is talking about when he talks about Flame Hazes burning out. If a Flame Haze's contract is based upon one particular emotion and the Silver is an outburst of extreme power when that emotion reaches a certain level, then Flame Hazes are inevitably doomed to cause their own destruction by fulfilling their innermost desire and thus losing the meaning of their existence according to contract.
Oct 29, 2011 8:59 PM

Apr 2011
OMG!!! well worth the wait this episode was ossom! *-*
Shana and Yuji are eloping :P
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 29, 2011 9:04 PM
May 2011
I quote=metal-blaze]
ciddypoo said:

4/5

metal-blaze said:
ciddypoo said:

4/5

You've got to admit despite margerys cringe worthy screaming it was brilliant how he mentally cracked her by revealing she had been chasing a shadow that technically didn't exist as it was the embodiment of her desires that killed the ppl she wanted to kill after hundreds of years
there was tech no officially no silver guze no tomogara just an illusion type thing :P

I agree but at the end I sort of felt sorry for yoshida even though at times she can get on my nerves
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana III (Final) Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

game8910 - Mar 23, 2012

480 by HHD1996 »»
Feb 18, 10:36 PM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana III (Final) Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

game8910 - Nov 18, 2011

78 by Estefan »»
Jan 27, 4:56 AM

» Is it just me or does Shakugan No shana season 3 suck??

chrisedmonds - Nov 14, 2014

34 by AdityaRizkiS »»
Jan 22, 10:13 AM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana III (Final) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

game8910 - Dec 16, 2011

158 by burntlettuce »»
Feb 27, 2023 8:42 AM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana III (Final) Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

game8910 - Nov 25, 2011

81 by GoldenPincers »»
Feb 9, 2023 1:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.