Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Persona 4
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Oct 27, 2011 9:55 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The "announcer" friend is found (alternative self?)

The long hair girl has something that worries about her? So she's also busy with helping out in yokan. She also couldn't tell her friend about her pet...

It's her turn.

Short hair girl is the only one who can save her.

Her persona is pretty, kind of.

Kuma is not from this world?

lol @ the megane with beard.... her laugh!!
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 27, 2011 10:28 AM

May 2010
I hope I wasn't the only one who thought Chie and Yukiko were gonna kiss...Also, It's amazing how many times Chie said "Yukiko" the last two episodes...

Decent episode for what Yukiko's "secret" was. Also didn't seem "too fast" pace.

Anyway, now that Yukiko is finally out of the way...Lets get to the next fabulous 3, and the mystery, please.
Oct 27, 2011 10:32 AM

Nov 2008
Oh, the wait for raws every Thursday. Fun fun fun fun.
Oct 27, 2011 12:23 PM

Jul 2011
FlashFumo said:

^
Oct 27, 2011 12:26 PM

Apr 2010
Thought this was done better than in the game.

4/5
Oct 27, 2011 12:56 PM

Feb 2008
Is it just me that feel that episode were a bit rushing?
Even thought it was just 20 minutes anime I feel it were shorter than this.
I was a bit dissapointed with this episode hehe :P

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Oct 27, 2011 12:58 PM

Jan 2011
FlashFumo said:
^ THIS.
I was into rape mode when I saw Yukiko's face.
Also, seems that Yuu's stats increased again, he somewhat is more smart and diligent now.
The fight scenes was very well drawn, I was impressed myself, I could see Chie's determination to save Yukiko, a touching scene.
Yukiko's Persona! (Priestess) Arcana, is finally here! Konohana Sakuya is now ready to fight, I think, let's wait and see Amagi's fight style.
LOL, DAT GLASSES. So happy they got it into the anime, I lol'ed hard with Chie wearing it.
Even though Yukiko finally got her Persona, Yuu still didn't make the social link with her, thus the card in the ED that was supposed to be Priestess card, is still in blank.
As show in the preview, something interesting will happen in next episode, I'm more excited now.
NiyawaOct 27, 2011 3:45 PM
Oct 27, 2011 1:09 PM

Jun 2011
I'm a little torn on Episode 4. It kind of plodded a little bit, but on the other hand, it provided some really nice backstory on Yukiko's life, expanding on the game quite a bit. It also did a really nice job of showing Chie's relationship with Yukiko and vice versa. I didn't like the pacing of the first half at all, but the second half made up for it by ending well. I really liked what they did with the Shadow Yukiko boss fight, they set up the atmosphere much better than the game did, considering Shadow Yukiko was arguably the hardest boss fight in the game. Oddly enough, no Summoned Prince sidekick in the anime...

Figures Pyro Jack would play a prominent role in the fight, but still... I was happy to see Chie finish off Shadow Yukiko with Tomoe. All in all, a pretty good episode. 3.5/5 (7/10)
Oct 27, 2011 1:42 PM

Jul 2009
Ara Mitama? Ara Mitama?! ARA MITAMA?!!!! F*************************--!!!

Nice flashbacks BTW... Very..er.. informative?

Pyro Jay Vs. Amaragidyne? What a joke! I think I just lost a couple neurons in my CNS and since those aren't regenerative, I'm definitively dumber now... GJ Fatlus! For making me dumber, I mean...

If he's not with us, he's AGAINST us!!!

Oct 27, 2011 2:47 PM

Feb 2010
episode was a bit rushed but dang the fight with Yukiko's boss was really well done

Really disappointed at the lack of Jack Frost and the prince enemy, but ah well.

Next episode looks like balls and Ai.

Looking forward to one and not looking forward to the other
Oct 27, 2011 2:48 PM

Jul 2011
Last few episodes have been pretty good, didn't play the game so I really don't know what to expect.

Episode was pretty predictable and cliche, but it wasn't done in an obnoxious way, so it was pretty enjoyable. I really don't know enough about Persona as a whole to interpret the current plot in anyway besides the fact that they gain personas when they build relations. Not sure how this'll turn out, but it's pretty enjoyable so far. Just amazed that they managed to accept an alternate reality as well as master and entirely gain the concept of what a persona is.

3.5/5
mdzOct 27, 2011 7:34 PM
Oct 27, 2011 2:55 PM

May 2008
Skeeturz said:
episode was a bit rushed but dang the fight with Yukiko's boss was really well done

Really disappointed at the lack of Jack Frost and the prince enemy, but ah well.

Next episode looks like balls and Ai.

Looking forward to one and not looking forward to the other

I'm looking forward to watching dem balls on FIRE

Good ep. They covered 3 Shadows already in 4 episodes.

Oct 27, 2011 3:14 PM

Sep 2007
I think it's kinda funny how MC waited for after Chie's dramatic convo with Yukiko to use Pyro Jack to absorb the fires surrounding them.

Well I think this was a good enough ep, though I was a bit baffled at MC's choice in personas for this battle. xD
Oct 27, 2011 3:15 PM

Oct 2010
It seems like Yuu joins the club next episode. And is that Ai? She is being upfront. ^^

Anyway, this was a decent episode. A bit rushed but eh...
Oct 27, 2011 3:16 PM

Jan 2010
this didnt feel as epic as last episode :/ too me it seemed to jump around some b4 finally getting the point of the episode...oh well lets see if episode 5 is any better next week
Oct 27, 2011 3:49 PM

Feb 2010
I liked how they handled Yukiko's past.

What I'm really curious about, though, is how the next episode is handled. I was curious about the other social links, and now we'll get a chance to see them.
Oct 27, 2011 4:16 PM

Jun 2011
This was handled....So beautifully. Next we have some time with social links, how fun.

I want more, why can't there be more?
Oct 27, 2011 4:52 PM

May 2009
I also loved how they handled the boss fight.
And I'll admit I thought Jack Frost could make an appearance...but Ara Mita *sigh* not my fav.
oh well.
Oct 27, 2011 6:03 PM

Oct 2011
Wow, this episode felt way too short. It wasn't as if the scenes were too short, it was actually just so good the time flew by (no pun intended).

The flow of this episode wasn't as good as 3, but it still blew the first two out of the water in terms of a coherent structure. Perhaps the shift from Yukiko in the Castle to the classroom could have been done a little better, but aside from that there were no awkward scene shifts.

The Boss fight was A-MA-ZAH!The animation was great and it was nice to see Chie as the hero as opposed to the MC, who served more as a meat shield for the fire. I certainly enjoyed the touch of Yukiko's past with the caged bird and all - expanded on the form of her shadow about 10 times better than in the game (although a cage animal explained her predicament).

I Just hope that the next episode isn't as fillerish as it appeared. I know social links are crucial and will certainly lead to new personas for the MC, but I really hope that the episodes don't go too formulaic i.e. MC rescues character from shadow world; next ep, MC does social links etc. A bit of integration of action and school life would be nice, as these episodes (2-4) have set my expectations higher and higher XD

All in all great - 5/5 from a fan.

PS. lulwut Ara Mitama :/
Oct 27, 2011 7:03 PM

Oct 2010
Pretty boring episode. Felt like a drag until the end. Hopefully next week be a lot better.
Oct 27, 2011 8:05 PM

May 2008
good episode!

Yukiko persona episode!

the fight scene was amazing and i guess the main chara, Yuu gained another new persona lol

next episode looks better than this episode. (hopefully it is)!
Oct 27, 2011 8:18 PM

Jun 2010
This was a great episode! They expanded on Yukiko's backstory and her work at the inn, something you don't see first-hand in the game. I'm loving the way they handle the Shadow Boss Fights, with the kidnapped still awake, facing their Shadow. Out of all the Personas from the Chariot Arcana, I didn't expect Ara Mitama, but o well. That Chie x Yukiko. And that laughing fit, it's great seeing that again, and yes its an endearing trait.

Now that the original Investigation Team is finally together with Yukiko rescued, hopefully some of the game mechanics such as the weather system will be discussed to show non-game viewers why they didn't rescue Yukiko right away after Chie's Shadow and such.
Riga92Oct 27, 2011 8:27 PM
Oct 27, 2011 9:47 PM

Jan 2011
Solkiskey said:

4/5
Wanna know why? because all that time you would had spent leveling up in the anime you got a better understanding of Yukiko's past and the relationship between her and Chie Plus that last scene with all the fire with the more fitting music made it even better.

as for other things lolwut Ara Mitama he was put to good use since using him as a Shield is all hes good for!,and MC joined the BBall team in the preview
-mad..not really
Oct 27, 2011 9:48 PM

Jun 2009
Pretty good episode, the best one so far. I thought the pacing was much better as well, though I do think the series is a little to over dramatic and in your face with the psychological factor.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Oct 27, 2011 10:18 PM

Feb 2008
wow this anime sux...at the very least...sub par...
Oct 27, 2011 10:23 PM
Dec 2007
insan3soldiern said:
Pretty good episode, the best one so far. I thought the pacing was much better as well, though I do think the series is a little to over dramatic and in your face with the psychological factor.
What can you expect when the one major theme of the series is the journey of self-discovery and enlightnment as told through the Major Arcana. The Arcana themselves are one big path of enlighment, and Atlus' Megami Tensei team (responsible for everything from the MegaTen series to Persona to Catherine) have always been very into psychological and religious themes (MegaTen in general is pretty much just a big mesh of different mythological and religious elements put together).

Oct 27, 2011 10:56 PM

May 2011
Mother of God, this fight was amazing... ;_;

I'm suddenly a bitch for moar fanarts of ChiexYukiko, though. 8D
If I die and I find that I had a soul inside,
Promise me you'll take it up to its final ride...
Oct 27, 2011 10:57 PM
Jan 2011
its true the anime seems to be rushing if you compare it with the game. i think its ok at that pace
Oct 27, 2011 11:02 PM

Jan 2009
This episode really takes the trope talking is a free action to the limit.

That aside where's the "weak!" appearing when chie was hit by fire or where's the bufu from chie or where's the little prince or or gahhhh.

Well at least the fighting was decent though I would have liked if MC took part in it more than abusing his null fire. But hey seeing ara mitama means we're likely to see daisoujou and SAMSARA

EDIT: Oh wait I forgot persona 4 it's neko shogun >:(
halberdiersOct 27, 2011 11:06 PM
Oct 27, 2011 11:10 PM

Feb 2010
i really dislike japanese teddie , aka kuma.

the episode was ok , so social links next episode huh?
Oct 27, 2011 11:19 PM

Sep 2010
Kept making me chuckle when Kuma would be set on fire and shout.
Is this gonna be someone conquering their other self every episode?
Oct 27, 2011 11:23 PM

Jun 2009
Leon-Gun said:
insan3soldiern said:
What can you expect when the one major theme of the series is the journey of self-discovery and enlightnment as told through the Major Arcana. The Arcana themselves are one big path of enlighment, and Atlus' Megami Tensei team (responsible for everything from the MegaTen series to Persona to Catherine) have always been very into psychological and religious themes (MegaTen in general is pretty much just a big mesh of different mythological and religious elements put together).

I know and understand that, but I can't help but feel it could be a little better executed. I like the idea, being a fan of psychological stuff in general, just not the execution. It just didn't ring true for me.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Oct 27, 2011 11:36 PM

Jul 2010
AngelicFeces said:

you only have four more cases of that so it won't feel that repetitive from here on ^^
Simplistic beauty can't be appreciated by someone who looks for something grand in everything he watch.
Oct 28, 2011 12:05 AM

Jun 2010
AngelicFeces said:

There are only 4 more people to recruit in the party so no, expect things to slow down a bit pace wise now, and some SoL sequences of sorts.
Oct 28, 2011 12:30 AM

Sep 2008
I need me some Yukiko with some real glasses nao.
Kuma with that voice and saying Yuki-chan totally tripped me up though...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 28, 2011 12:40 AM

Jan 2011
Although I haven't played the game, I am picking up on some of the concepts (being a fan of both Jung and the Tarot), but there are still some moments of confusion. Frankly I thought more of the Two of Swords (Waite-Rider deck) for Yukiko rather than the High Priestess, but what do I know. Just how does one's Arcana card translate into powers or abilities? I'm missing something here.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Oct 28, 2011 12:46 AM

Feb 2011
That was very enjoyable. 5/5
Oct 28, 2011 1:24 AM

Feb 2008
Well, what more you can say about this episode, it seem like he is going to join a club now in the next episode but dunno.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Oct 28, 2011 1:47 AM

Apr 2011
Rodac Said:Just how does one's Arcana card translate into powers or abilities? I'm missing something here.

Supposedly in Persona the social links are made up of different people with different arcanas, which in the game when you start to raise your social link with them and forge stronger bonds, at the same time you'll also get to know their backstory.

Their stories are reflective of their arcanas, so you're supposed to get powers from the different arcanas. Arcanas also have a wide range of personas that vary in abilities that fit the meanings of the arcanas, I think.

So to simplify it, People with Arcanas give the MC more Persona.

This episode was awesome, I always get freaked out by Yukiko's shadow boss form despite her very pretty persona. I'm so not looking forward to Ai.

Ugh she pissed me off in her social link even though she did change for the better in the end. I can seriously see MC pimping out all social links like a boss now.

PS: Ara Mitama? Really?
Oct 28, 2011 1:50 AM

Sep 2007
Looks like we're getting sports Slinks next episode. How exciting.
Oct 28, 2011 2:02 AM

Jun 2010
PS: Ara Mitama? Really?

If anything, the appearance of Ara Mitama means the other Mitamas may appear, WHICH also means we might see Neko Shogun if the anime does fusions in a way.
Oct 28, 2011 2:11 AM

May 2010
Rewatched with subs and I liked it. I don't know, but I didn't think it was rushed, probably because I watched it 2-3times to grasp everything though...

Holy shit...Next episode seems pretty awesome...Ai Social Link startup and balls! :D

Only MC would know:

Looks like he joins basketball..

AmberFebruary said:
AngelicFeces said:

you only have four more cases of that so it won't feel that repetitive from here on ^^

Especially since 1 is months anyway and 2 are on the same day..So not really a lot left...Plus the next 3/4 conquering their other self is a lot more interesting/entertaining than the last 3.

Riga92 said:
If anything, the appearance of Ara Mitama means the other Mitamas may appear, WHICH also means we might see Neko Shogun if the anime does fusions in a way.

I'm sure they will do fusion...I really expect to see some "powerful" fusion monster
Oct 28, 2011 2:28 AM

Jul 2011
Nothing really bad but nothing that good, either. Most of it was pretty boring but that was to be expected since Yukiko is my least favorite character. 3/5
Oct 28, 2011 2:40 AM

Jul 2010
just finished watching it and damn, its so good, Yukiko all over again, best episode for me so far. now the real game starts here.
Simplistic beauty can't be appreciated by someone who looks for something grand in everything he watch.
Oct 28, 2011 2:48 AM

Nov 2008
I thought this was a lovely episode. They did the whole Yukiko arc beary well.

Oct 28, 2011 4:17 AM

May 2010
FlashFumo said:

Also, Persona 4 Reincarnation ost is out. Pretty awesome..
Oct 28, 2011 4:28 AM

Mar 2010
Lesbians.

I don't think it's fair that Chie gets a manly tough Persona and Yukiko gets a beautiful pretty one. Are they trying to be funny? I think it's rude.

Oct 28, 2011 4:37 AM

Feb 2009
Yuri Field...:P

Anyways I felt a bit bored with this episode. A bit too much talking. The fights were still good though. Yuu yet keeps getting another Persona. Curious as to why only him but I know it'll be explained later on as gamers keep saying.
Not as good as previous but still good. Now about that murder mystery...where??
Oct 28, 2011 5:05 AM
Dec 2007
belatkuro said:
Yuri Field...:P

Anyways I felt a bit bored with this episode. A bit too much talking. The fights were still good though. Yuu yet keeps getting another Persona. Curious as to why only him but I know it'll be explained later on as gamers keep saying.
Not as good as previous but still good. Now about that murder mystery...where??
If I may be so bold... no, there's actually no big explanation over why he can wield multiple Personae. He's the Fool Arcana, the wildcard. That's all. the only two that have defined explanation for their multiple Persona power are the heroes of persona 1 and 2.

Oct 28, 2011 6:39 AM
Feb 2008
Solkiskey said:

4/5

Yeah I thought this too. In the game I really didn't like it, so I'm glad they made it better in the anime ^^
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Persona 4 The Animation Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jan 5, 2012

105 by zodismegalame »»
Jan 27, 1:44 PM

Poll: » Persona 4 The Animation Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Feb 9, 2012

72 by NN010 »»
Nov 18, 2023 6:49 PM

Poll: » Persona 4 The Animation Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jan 12, 2012

112 by NN010 »»
Nov 11, 2023 6:51 PM

Poll: » Persona 4 The Animation Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Dr_Funkadelic - Mar 30, 2012

186 by DarkCanuck »»
Sep 22, 2023 8:01 AM

Poll: » Favorite Character?

JunkAccount101 - Dec 28, 2015

12 by superstaff »»
Sep 3, 2023 4:55 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.