Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Chihayafuru
Available on Manga Store
New
Which one do you want Chihaya to end up with?
Oct 26, 2011 10:04 PM

May 2010
Alright, who do you want Chihaya to end up with?

Reasons why I think Chihaya should end up with Taichi

• Let's face it, Chihaya have absolutely no realistic future, she has to marry Taichi. I mean is she really going to marry a guy who is plans to feed the both of them with...card games?
  • Taichi cares more about Chihaya A LOT more than Arata
  • Taichi and Chihaya actually looks GOOD together. One is a beauty, and the other is super smart. Imagine brainless beauty pair with cardgame otaku.
  • Arata puts his future on a card game (how is this guy even going to support himself?) and Taichi puts his future on schoolwork and will probably a "future"
ConfuciusMar 24, 2012 6:47 PM
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 27, 2011 7:41 AM

Feb 2009
Taichi gets my vote. Although Arata is sweet and all, Taichi seems way better now that we've going through the timeskip.
Oct 27, 2011 9:05 AM

Jan 2009
i vote for taichi too but it is gonna be arata probably
Oct 27, 2011 9:17 AM

Oct 2011
Neither one :]
it would me the story sooo typical :P
Oct 27, 2011 9:49 AM
Oct 2008
Dalek-baka said:

I hope it won't turn into a love-story as well. They just need to remain good friends.
If I really have to choose, then Arata.
Oct 27, 2011 11:34 AM

Jun 2011
i vote for arata. even though he made me super sad at the end of this last episode. D:
Oct 27, 2011 5:52 PM

Jun 2008
i want a threesome XP they live well as one in their childhood, so now they can keep the threesome and live happily ever after~

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Oct 27, 2011 10:39 PM

May 2010
Atenias said:
Dalek-baka said:

I hope it won't turn into a love-story as well. They just need to remain good friends.
If I really have to choose, then Arata.

If they were to remain as friends, how would this be different from YuGiOh?
Oct 29, 2011 1:04 AM

Jul 2008
I hoping it will be Arata even though he's a jerk at the end of the latest episode. Either way it's gonna be sad whoever gets dump.
Oct 31, 2011 7:10 AM

Aug 2011
I hope the story is more about Arata than taichi and Arata plays a more important role in the story.
But i want Taichi to end up with Chihaya.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Oct 31, 2011 4:32 PM
Jul 2018
I vote third party!

Taichi and Arata have both their strong points, but at this point in the story I don't feel strongly either way.

I bet Arata could easily get a pity-fuck, while Taichi could probably dump his current girlfriend and hook up with Chihaya in the same evening.
Nov 1, 2011 5:08 PM

May 2010
Nov 1, 2011 8:46 PM

Nov 2007
amirhoss said:

This....

Nov 2, 2011 12:49 AM

Jun 2011
Soshinra said:
I hope the story is more about Arata than taichi and Arata plays a more important role in the story.
But i want Taichi to end up with Chihaya.

I think so too~~ Sadly, though... I think Chihaya would end up with Arata... But whatever happens, Taichi got my vote! He really loves Chihaya since they were kids.. and their close-up moments are just way cute. His jealous face is cuuute too. I pity him when he looks at Chihaya with that jealous face of him. It makes my heart hurt for a bit...
Momo-HimeNov 10, 2011 2:52 AM
"Them who looks blind at ANIME, looks blind at SALVATION."
Nov 2, 2011 2:12 AM

Jul 2011
Well, i voted for Arata but i think Chihaya will probably end up with Taichi cuz he's pretty or "cute" as the girls say.
Nov 2, 2011 2:27 AM

Jan 2011
I'm glad the story doesn't really go into the romance department (yay romantic sub-plot!)

I've already read plenty from the manga, so I can say that I like both guy very much; however, I will admit that Arata has my love a little more :)

Taichi received a lot of hate from the beginning, but c'mon, he was a KID. At least he got a lot better when he grew up, but there were some moments where I wanted to smack him so bad.

so my end: friendship over-rules romance
c0de_da1syNov 17, 2011 2:12 PM
Nov 2, 2011 2:31 AM

Sep 2011
The manga-aliens from outer space tell me that romance will be minimal in this series.
Apparently, the romance aspect centralizes on Taichi's one-sided love. (Confirm?)

I kinda like that idea to be honest.

As for my opinion on the poll. I really liked how hardworking Arata was in the first few episodes, but Taichi did surprisingly grow on me. So I'll hold my vote for now.
Nov 2, 2011 2:48 AM

Mar 2007
I vote for Chihaya x karuta. She doesn't need men, she has cardgames!
Nov 2, 2011 3:38 AM

May 2009
Eh, she's probably gonna end up with Arata, but I prefer Taichi.

But...
Work said:
Apparently, the romance aspect centralizes on Taichi's one-sided love. (Confirm?)

I kinda like that idea to be honest.
This. I like this idea of one-sided love on Taichi's part with the other two completely oblivious to romantic love a lot more. Though Arata does seem to have feelings for Chihaya. :/
Nov 2, 2011 4:32 AM

May 2010
When the they were kids,I liked her with Arata but now I like her with me,lol...
just joking,Taichi.
Nov 2, 2011 8:03 AM

Nov 2009
Taichi. Love both of them, but Taichi is the man xD.

Lol, 50/50, haha.
Nov 2, 2011 10:41 AM

Nov 2009
Definitely Taichi. After all, he's been in love with Chihaya since they were kids and she was a tomboy, not a stunning beauty she is now.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Nov 2, 2011 10:45 AM
Jul 2018
Taichi goes gay with Arata and Chihaya dies.
Kidding xD probably taichi but I'd also like the story not to go into the typical love triangle
removed-userNov 2, 2011 10:52 AM
Nov 2, 2011 11:54 AM
Jan 2009
SergioSource said:
Taichi goes gay with Arata and Chihaya dies.
Kidding xD probably taichi but I'd also like the story not to go into the typical love triangle

LOLOLOLOL, i vote for this ending.
Nov 2, 2011 1:32 PM

Apr 2008
I chose Arata. I LOVE Taichi and it would be easy for me to choose him for Chihaya if Arata wasn't so damn sweet.
Nov 3, 2011 3:16 PM

Nov 2007
Arata for sure! It's just too damn cute.

I really like Taichi as a character though, so I'd feel bad for him if Chihaya ends up with Arata. He has an inferiority complex when it comes to Karuta already, don't want to add another one on top of that D:

Anyway, I don't really expect the series to focus on the romance aspect at all, so it should be all right!

Znips: When Shay is born she just crawls back in the womb to shitpost for another year
Nov 3, 2011 5:10 PM

Feb 2008
Taichi gets my vote. Arata is nice as well but i just love Taichi:3 and i love the interactions between Chihaya and him.
Nov 4, 2011 9:25 PM

Feb 2009
I know Arata will lead these polls, but whatever, I'm all for Taichi and Chihaya. I'm rooting for an ending where Taichi is happy, tbh. Episode 5 only drilled this into my head even more.
Nov 4, 2011 10:14 PM

Feb 2011
Screw Arata - Taichi cares about her a lot more.
Nov 5, 2011 1:51 AM

Jan 2010
My vote goes to Arata :D Sorry but my fangirl heart just cant resist the cliche emo guy xD Lol~ Nahh seriously I just like his character more. Though Taichi is as adorable as a bunny (aka I wanna jump through the screen and glomp him ^_^) Arata just appeals to me more... Most likely because I find his character interesting and unique >_
Nov 5, 2011 2:50 AM
Aug 2011
I don't know, but Chihaya doesn't look like, she would choose between Taichi and Arata and i think this anime will not be based on a typical romantic story and shoujo stuff. Frankly speaking, i would love to see some love developement between main characters (cuz' i just love that kind of genres :-)). From my point of view and taste, i would choose Taichi, Arata is just too conservative. So, my vote goes for Taichi, although as a kid, he was really anoying, now he's so sweet! x)
Nov 5, 2011 7:07 AM

Jan 2008
This series probably ends with Chihaya ending up with no one, or if she will have to be, I am guessing it be Arata. Taichi was told being a coward but I like him to be the one for Chihaya because he cares so much for her. Argh, actually I am kinda torn upon seeing the grown up Arata with manly voice and even looking manly and mature. LOL..
Nov 5, 2011 7:58 AM

Feb 2011
aiNkyy said:
Well, i voted for Arata but i think Chihaya will probably end up with Taichi cuz he's pretty or "cute" as the girls say.

Yeah, the pretty boy is usually the one who wins.

Arata's much more attractive, though. I mean, damn, he's hot as a grown-up.

Also, he's the one who introduced karuta to Chihaya, so surely, that must mean something...
Nov 5, 2011 10:30 AM

Feb 2008
Taichi for me. Arata is a cool guy and all, but at the moment i find Taichi to be more interesting and his interactions with Chihaya are fun to watch.
Nov 5, 2011 11:52 AM

Jul 2010
Cheering for Taichi, but she will most likely end up with Arata... or with neither of them, because you know, that's Chihaya we are talking about.
Nov 6, 2011 7:27 AM

Jul 2010
Razziell said:
amirhoss said:

This....

oh just why ;^;
Nov 6, 2011 8:16 AM

Jul 2008
I prefer Taichi !
But Taichi x Arata !
don't need Chihaya è_é
Nov 6, 2011 4:50 PM

Nov 2008
I like both of them, but I'm leaning towards Taichi more. Arata is nice and good looking though.

I hope Taichi ends up with Chihaya, but I doubt that will happen. Although Chihaya cares about both, it just seems to me, like she cares more about Arata and is way closer to him, than to Taichi, even though she's been friends with Taichi longer.

I know that if she ends up with Arata. I am going to feel so bad for Taichi. Like someone else said, I just hope that by the end he's happy..hopefully with Chihaya ^_^
I am a sucker for romance!!!!
]

Nov 6, 2011 5:57 PM

Apr 2009
Taichi is a total dick. And... so is Arata, haha.
Nov 16, 2011 3:53 PM

Jun 2008
Confucius said:
Alright, who do you want Chihaya to end up with?

Reasons why Chihaya should end up with Taichi

• Let's face it, Chihaya have absolutely no realistic future, she has to marry Taichi. I mean is she really going to marry a guy who is obsessed with card games?
  • Taichi cares more about Chihaya A LOT more than Arata
  • Taichi and Chihaya actually looks GOOD together. One is a beauty, and the other is super smart.
  • Arata puts his future on a card game (how is this guy even going to support himself?) and Taichi puts his future on schoolwork

oh wait, this is unfair! Why Arata does not have a list? T_T
First of all, I LOVE TAICHI. I WOULD TOTALLY MARRY HIM ANYTIME ANYWHERE XP but...Ill go for Arata x Chihaya *forgive me Taichi, i love uuuu*

Reasons why Chihaya should end up with Arata

• Let's face it, Chihaya have absolutely no realistic future no matter what, she has to marry Arata. I mean she is hugely obsessed with card games and her idol is Arata, so they could play card games like everyday, which would make her the happiest girl on earth.
  • Taichi cares more about Chihaya A LOT more than Arata, but Chihaya cares A LOT more about Arata, and Arata actually cares A LOT about Taichi and Chihaya equally because he always speaks in the plural. Arata FTW.
  • Arata and Chihaya actually look PERFECT together. Taichi and Chihaya have the same eye color and very similar hair color (both blonde) and Arata has that dark ebony hair and deep blue eyes, which would make an AMAZING baby with Chihaya´s hair and Arata´s eyes.
  • Arata puts his future on several part time jobs and he would do whatever he has to do to earn money through hard work like he always did since his childhood, earning clean money, that although its not much, it would be enough for him and Chihaya, while Taichi focus on schoolwork and might earn a lot when he graduates from college but he will never be so hardworking as Arata is, unless he refuses his parents inheritance and drops college (very unlikely). Having a lot of money is not synonym of happiness, btw. It helps but its not everything. Besides Chihaya is not the type of being at home being sustained by a husband. She will work too for sure and earn her own money.

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Nov 16, 2011 7:15 PM

May 2010
Orulyon said:

oh wait, this is unfair! Why Arata does not have a list? T_T
First of all, I LOVE TAICHI. I WOULD TOTALLY MARRY HIM ANYTIME ANYWHERE XP but...Ill go for Arata x Chihaya *forgive me Taichi, i love uuuu*

Reasons why Chihaya should end up with Arata

• Let's face it, Chihaya have absolutely no realistic future no matter what, she has to marry Arata. I mean she is hugely obsessed with card games and her idol is Arata, so they could play card games like everyday, which would make her the happiest girl on earth.
  • Taichi cares more about Chihaya A LOT more than Arata, but Chihaya cares A LOT more about Arata, and Arata actually cares A LOT about Taichi and Chihaya equally because he always speaks in the plural. Arata FTW.
  • Arata and Chihaya actually look PERFECT together. Taichi and Chihaya have the same eye color and very similar hair color (both blonde) and Arata has that dark ebony hair and deep blue eyes, which would make an AMAZING baby with Chihaya´s hair and Arata´s eyes.
  • Arata puts his future on several part time jobs and he would do whatever he has to do to earn money through hard work like he always did since his childhood, earning clean money, that although its not much, it would be enough for him and Chihaya, while Taichi focus on schoolwork and might earn a lot when he graduates from college but he will never be so hardworking as Arata is, unless he refuses his parents inheritance and drops college (very unlikely). Having a lot of money is not synonym of happiness, btw. It helps but its not everything. Besides Chihaya is not the type of being at home being sustained by a husband. She will work too for sure and earn her own money.

• That's ridiculous, she won't be so happy when she is starving on the street
  • No Arata doesn't care about either of them. I bet he cares more about the card game than human being
  • Taichi and Chihaya have the same eye color and very similar hair color (both blonde). Exactly why
  • What?? Hardwork doesn't equate success. Arata could put in a lot of hardwork and still won't be able to feed another person. In fact they could both put in the same amount of work and Taichi would actually be able to support a family. Arata on the other hand, will be able to buy more cards. Also if they Chihaya and Arata also worked, then when will they have time to play card games? That's right, never.

You know what, upon thinking, Chihaya is actually a burden for the both of them.

Arata should live by himself and his cards and become a karuta master and Taichi should become super rich and forget Chihaya ever existed.
Nov 17, 2011 3:37 AM

Jun 2008
Confucius said:

• That's ridiculous, she won't be so happy when she is starving on the street
  • No Arata doesn't care about either of them. I bet he cares more about the card game than human being
  • Taichi and Chihaya have the same eye color and very similar hair color (both blonde). Exactly why
  • What?? Hardwork doesn't equate success. Arata could put in a lot of hardwork and still won't be able to feed another person. In fact they could both put in the same amount of work and Taichi would actually be able to support a family. Arata on the other hand, will be able to buy more cards. Also if they Chihaya and Arata also worked, then when will they have time to play card games? That's right, never.

You know what, upon thinking, Chihaya is actually a burden for the both of them.

Arata should live by himself and his cards and become a karuta master and Taichi should become super rich and forget Chihaya ever existed.

- No its not. If the person you love turns out to be a hot guy plus good person, are you implying that you shouldn't marry him because he is poor? They wouldnt have much its true, but ive never seen Chihaya care about money not even once. And, knowing Arata as we all saw, he would definitely work all day and would even give up of cards if needed to work to sustain Chihaya.

- That´s also not true. Arata has a bullying past, as we saw they are his most dear friends and important persons to him. Besides Arata never treated Taichi as a rival regarding Chihaya, while Taichi always treated him as one. If Arata cared more about cards than people, than he wouldnt have had that emo reaction when his grandpa died, he was even able to give up of cards in that moment and would have never touched one again if it wasnt for Chiahaya and Taichi. And when he also said "im not a karuta god, but i just want to be your friend" its the same than saying that he might not be able to play karuta ever again, but he actually cares for them no matter what.

- Hardwork can even equate to epic fail, but that´s not the point. Its the feeling of working hard for what you want, instead of someone giving it for free for you that matters. ofc, if everyone can choose, (including me) i would choose to have someone to give me everything and feed me for the rest of my life. But choosing that, i know that i will never be so hardworking like people who worked since their childhood to help their family, like Arata did. Being in school and working at the same time since such a young age its very very hard. So Arata will always be more hardworking than Taichi precisely because of that, he is poor, he will have to work a lot because he does not have super rich parents like Taichi.
- Even if they both work like...hum the majority of people i know, that doesnt mean they dont have time to play cards. Arata always worked and went to school and he played cards on his little free time and even went to tournaments. AND, when his grandpa was still alive he took care of him. he did all that, EVERYDAY. So yeah, although short, they would have time!

LOL, well if you go for that then i guess if none ends up with Chihaya, and they stay a threesome forever (i kinda like them as a threesome) that´s cool with me.

or Taichi and Arata go gay and stay together leaving Chihaya alone XP *joking*

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Nov 17, 2011 7:29 AM

Feb 2008
It seem like it's tied here with voting but if I voted one of them it seem like I'm the one the choose who is the best lol.

I don't really know myself, but had a feeling of that she will be in love with Arata.
Arata doesn't have so much screen time so can't say much myself.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Nov 17, 2011 7:34 AM
Nov 2011
Arata has photographic memory. I'm sure he'll beat Taichi in schol too.
Nov 17, 2011 9:36 AM
Sep 2008
Taichi. He works so hard and loves her so much. He tries his best to make her happy, even when that is not the best thing for himself <3
Nov 18, 2011 11:19 AM

Nov 2009
Arata struck me as only a friend and someone who loves and is inerested more on karuta. Till now i haven't witnessed him expressing love for Chihaya in a romantic way. Both him and she wants to be together because they are friends and loves karuta, but nothing else. Taichi on the other hand, has always loved her. There's more to TaichixChihaya than just a karuta game. There is beauty, smartness, understanding, not only a card game that got them together when they were kids. I hope she falls in love with someone, really, because she's so blind. Open your eyes! xD
Nov 18, 2011 11:23 AM

Oct 2011
Ok! I changed my mind
if there would be worst case scenario and that romance stuff would emerge
than I would vote for Taichi - unless he won't have anything going on with Desk-kun
at leas he has some personality :] and life except karuta
Nov 19, 2011 8:55 AM
★★★★★

Sep 2008
I'm not sure if romance will really play a great factor in this anime but if she really ends up with someone it's hard to predict at the moment (which makes it interesting).
And I can't decide which one of the boys, they both suit here somehow and she is attracted to both of them.
Nov 19, 2011 10:13 AM
Nov 2011
This is from Volume 8, but I wanted to share this cute Arata thinking about Chihaya scan.. xD

Nov 22, 2011 12:09 PM

Jul 2011
WOW Taichi is winning!
I like those 3 together. I don't want Chi to end up with anyone.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chihayafuru Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

zimno - Oct 11, 2011

180 by saabiK »»
Mar 14, 6:02 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Dec 13, 2011

146 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Mar 12, 7:24 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Nov 29, 2011

215 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Mar 12, 3:57 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Nov 1, 2011

182 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Mar 12, 1:58 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Confucius - Oct 10, 2011

115 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Mar 11, 2:11 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.