Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 25, 2011 6:20 PM

Oct 2009
Ask in here for your recommendations in the romance genre.
Motion_MenaceSep 23, 2012 12:18 AM

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 25, 2011 8:35 PM

Aug 2007
Some shoujo romance would be awesome.

Oct 25, 2011 9:00 PM

Oct 2009
I was going to recommend a few, but I see you have them on hold and have said you have seen enough high school romances. So how about Rec?

Nov 1, 2011 8:34 AM

May 2011
some good rommance/fantasy animes would be nice
its also importent to me that the charcter in the anime will look pretty and not ugly and eyesore...
and please spare me the love comedy ones that the charcters relationships stuck and doesnt go anywhere.. (its ok if its a realy good anime) or the onces with useless male that everyone falls inlove with him for no reason..
Nov 1, 2011 11:14 AM

Oct 2011
bongo14 said:
its also importent to me that the charcter in the anime will look pretty and not ugly and eyesore...
and please spare me the love comedy ones that the charcters relationships stuck and doesnt go anywhere.. (its ok if its a realy good anime) or the onces with useless male that everyone falls inlove with him for no reason..

this
Nov 1, 2011 11:51 AM

Oct 2009
Kobato
Bakemonogatari
Neo Angelique Abyss

And you have several on your PTW list that would work like Chobits and Romeo x Juliet.

Nov 1, 2011 5:51 PM

Nov 2009
How much romance are u looking for in an anime?

Some general recommendations I can offer are:
Mashiroiro Symphony: The Color of Lovers (5 episodes released as of the day I make this post)
Ai Yori Aoshi (harem-like)
Clannad
Kanon (2006 version)
Da Capo
ef - a tale of melodies (and its sequel ef - a tale of memories)
Fortune Arterial: Akai Yakusoku
elfen lied
Yosuga no Sora

I can make more recommendations based on wat ur looking for in an anime

Nov 2, 2011 7:51 AM

May 2011
well.. i like it when the romance is a big part of the anime..
thanks for the recommends i got a few anime animes that i want to watch now :)
ill probable ask for more help after i finsh the anime i found so if anyone know a realy good romance anime please tell me ^-^
Nov 2, 2011 9:22 AM

Mar 2011
lookin for some school, shounen, and action romance animes. Before you suggest, please take a look at my list to see if I've watched it or not.

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/dlee72895
Nov 2, 2011 7:51 PM

Oct 2011
AlphaGenesis said:
lookin for some school, shounen, and action romance animes. Before you suggest, please take a look at my list to see if I've watched it or not.

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/dlee72895

"Could not find the user dlee72895. Please make sure you typed their name in correctly."

=\
Nov 3, 2011 9:21 AM
Nov 6, 2011 3:15 AM
Nov 2010
i notice you are missing e's in your list :)

ef tales of memories is good (in your PTW so go watch it), second season even better
its drama with a touch of supernatural

Sola is a very good romance-action, so underrated
also supernatural

Erementar Gerad is a very sweet romance-fantasy shounen show too
kind of cheesy...but sweet
supernatural again lol

and Chobbits is a must watch for romance lovers!
bit on the shoujo and moe side though
bobothenormalfagNov 6, 2011 3:22 AM
Nov 7, 2011 12:00 PM

Dec 2010
Any good shounen romance with a good story and where there's only one obvious couple from the beginning? I don't mind if it has action, fantasy or supernatural. Also no Harems please
Here is link to my list: http://myanimelist.net/animelist/darkwap
Nov 8, 2011 10:26 AM

Oct 2009
On your list you already have a few I was going to suggest, but you could try Chrono Crusade, Scrapped Princess, and move up True Tears from your PTW list. Maybe even Myself, Yourself.

Nov 8, 2011 10:27 AM

Dec 2010
Ok thanks alot :)
Nov 9, 2011 12:49 PM

Nov 2011
Got any recommendation for a love/comedy who lasts for a while? I mean a serie who isnt finished after like 12 episodes :D
Nov 9, 2011 1:25 PM

Aug 2011
Zero no Tsukaima has like 3 seasons with a last one coming up next year I believe.
Chobits is 26 episodes long.
Nov 9, 2011 10:08 PM
Feb 2010
I'm looking for a good romantic comedy anime, school life. Any suggestions? :) Thanks!
Nov 10, 2011 1:27 PM

Oct 2009
School life + romantic comedies -

School Rumble
Lovely Complex
Clannad

Some that also have drama

Bokura ga Ita
True Tears
Kimi ni Todoke

Nov 11, 2011 12:41 AM

Nov 2011
furuabes said:
Zero no Tsukaima has like 3 seasons with a last one coming up next year I believe.
Chobits is 26 episodes long.

Thx i will check it out ;)
Nov 11, 2011 12:45 AM

Jan 2010
Hauntingwind said:
I'm looking for a good romantic comedy anime, school life. Any suggestions? :) Thanks!

You should also try Amagami SS and Toradora!
Nov 13, 2011 10:17 AM

Nov 2011
Hauntingwind said:
You have to watch Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu! :D
Nov 22, 2011 12:26 PM

Jul 2011
Im currently watching "Kaichou wa Maid-sama!" you should definitely check that out for a romance / comedy / shoujo / school genre, I am at episode 12 atm and I am ENJOYING it alot!

Very very nice!

Edit: At episode 18 atm, the romance plot does process rather slowly but its still a lot of fun to watch! :D

Edit Edit: I finished it now, I totally recommend it to you (the romance part was a bit disappointing for me but the comedy was great!)
blackblue40Nov 24, 2011 1:07 PM
Nov 23, 2011 1:26 PM
Sep 2011
bongo14 said:

You just excluded more than half of the possible recommendations. xD
Maek your dreams...TAEK the LIDOFF...
Nov 23, 2011 9:28 PM

Apr 2011
@Naisugaii

some really great romance/comedy anime's that i enjoyed:

Lovely Complex - absolutely hilarious, and a really touching story as well (24 episodes, all of which are really good quality and actually build on the main story)

Clannad Afterstory - I see Clannad on your completed anime list, after story is 100 times better in my opinion, way more emotional and less harem than clannad was. Just building on the story of okazaki and nagisa. I highly reccommend you watch this ASAP. If you really get into anime's then you will definitely have to hold back some tears of sadness, and of just pure beautiful moments. this anime has it all.

Itazura na Kiss - another one hilarious one, it's very similar to lovely complex i find. you should definitely check this one out.

Toradora - amazing anime, funny and amazing characters.

these are all some of my favorite anime's and i'm a huge fan of romance anime. hope this helps!
Nov 24, 2011 1:56 PM
Jul 2018
Lovely Complex- Funny and touching story, with literally no filler as each episode has progression or roadblocks in the romance

Toradora: A masterpiece of anime for comedy but the romance and drama will grip you in and you can't help but fall for the characters

Mayo Chiki- I've found really good underated anime, definitely comedy in there and dashes of romance :)

Midori no Hibi- Lots of comedy and romance one of my favourite anime's a bit of eechi though :/
Dec 1, 2011 12:02 AM

Apr 2011
Uh...I don't know how to explain this very well but I'm looking for a show that is different from the usual romance anime in a sense where, the show doesn't stop when they confess their love for each other, I want the show to go beyond that, I want a show that presents what their relationship is like and how they interact with each other now that they are lovers, you know stuff like clannad after story and itzura na kiss.
*Tadakuni, Yoshitake, Hidenori*
The Tremendous Trio
Dec 1, 2011 8:23 PM
Jul 2018
hater23 said:
Uh...I don't know how to explain this very well but I'm looking for a show that is different from the usual romance anime in a sense where, the show doesn't stop when they confess their love for each other, I want the show to go beyond that, I want a show that presents what their relationship is like and how they interact with each other now that they are lovers, you know stuff like clannad after story and itzura na kiss.

These are about the only ones I can think of at the moment:
http://myanimelist.net/anime/2167/Clannad
http://myanimelist.net/anime/877/Nana
http://myanimelist.net/anime/530/Sailor_Moon
Dec 3, 2011 11:34 PM

Sep 2011
if u r looking for romance anime than just look at my anime list there r maybe just 2 or3 anime that arent have to do with romance
"I was an adventurer like you once then i took an arrow in the knee" ~Skyrim guard
Dec 4, 2011 5:24 AM

Jul 2011
I'm looking something similar to School Days (Main watched+OVAs)

"A half moon, it has a dark half and a bright half, just like me…", Yuno Gasai
Dec 4, 2011 7:23 AM
Jul 2018
for something like school days:
Kimi ga Nozomu Eien: There's alot of drama and a love triangle and pretty violent and twisted like School Days.

ef - a tale of memories.: like school days, is not about happy romance, more of the painful effects and serious impacts of romance, are both set in a high school setting.
Dec 6, 2011 12:23 PM

Sep 2011
hmm how about Shuffle! or Infinite Stratos? White album is good too then theres R-15
Dec 6, 2011 9:45 PM
Sep 2011
Any recommendations for anime similar to hatsukoi limited in that its about multiple relationships, set in school, and has a good resolute ending? Hopefully in the genres of comedy, romance and school. Something like tordora, school rumble, and kimikiss? Also hoping its something thats relatable.
Dec 7, 2011 3:33 AM

Sep 2010
How about Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko,
the story and rommance was good,
Dec 7, 2011 9:00 AM

Nov 2011
I'm looking for something similar to True Tears! I just finished it and I loved it! It would be awesome if I could find something similar!

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Dec 7, 2011 9:57 AM

Mar 2011
I need a good harem/romance anime that I haven't watched
here is my list.
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/AlphaGenesis
Dec 7, 2011 10:54 AM

Aug 2009
AlphaGenesis said:
here is my list.

I suggest:
http://myanimelist.net/anime/157/Mahou_Sensei_Negima!- Mahou Sensei Negima! - Though from what I've seen the anime stops half-way through the manga. So I guess the manga would be a better option. It's from the same creator as Love Hina, which I saw you liked.
Dec 8, 2011 2:47 PM

Oct 2008
Just a couple of my favorites if you want to check them out

Otome Youkai Zakuro a very romantic anime with multiple pairings, fantasy
H2O: Footprints in the Sand a very sad trgedy that will have you in tears for sadness and happiness
Akane-Iro Ni Somaru Saka classic tsundere romance, with some issues with incest (just a warning)

And that's all i could think of that wasn't said already, though i still really loved myself; yourself

I need to check out kimi no todoke and true tears
Check out my poetry on Deviant Art
Dec 8, 2011 5:53 PM

Jul 2011
AlphaGenesis said:
here is my list.

Here are some anime I reccomend:

More serious romance anime:
- Xam'd:Lost_Memories
- ef a tale of memories
- ef a tale of melodies
- Kimi ga Nozomu Ein

More light/harem romance anime:
- Ouran High School Host Club
- Kämpfer
- The World God Only Knows
- Tokimeki Memorial: Only Love
- Mayoi Neko Overrun
- Mayo Chiki
- Kannagi
- Futakoi
_sagarDec 8, 2011 5:59 PM
Dec 9, 2011 3:17 AM

Aug 2010
hater23 said:

http://myanimelist.net/anime/1222/Bokura_ga_Ita
Dec 9, 2011 8:39 PM
Sep 2011
Any good tsundere romance animes? Where romance is an actual main theme? Also prefer that it has some comedy in it. Stuff like Bakemonogatari, Toradora!, ZnT, and things along this line
Dec 12, 2011 11:56 AM

Dec 2010
Anyone got a good romance anime that has the childhood friend and the MC together at the end?
I know these are rare but just wondering if you guys know of any. No harems as well.
Dec 16, 2011 8:56 AM

Apr 2011
hey darkwap, i've been going through my list trying to find something you might like, here's what i came up with

bakuman, not exactly too much emphasis on them being childhood friends, but great romance and great story overall, i think you will enjoy it, also the second season has already begun and it's even better than the first

myself; yourself also revolves around childhood friends and romance, it was okay, the story is kind of weird though.

honestly that's pretty much all i got for ya :p

hard to find one with a childhood friend that isn't a harem
Dec 16, 2011 9:10 AM
Jul 2018
@darkwap um... there's
kimikiss pure rouge
and maybe Detective Conan

The second one's reaaallly long and the romance b/w the 2 MC 's isn't really that main of a theme..
Dec 18, 2011 12:17 PM

Nov 2009
I've just finished Romeo x Juliet, and am wondering if there are any good romance anime like that, with a better ending (and possibly more action)? Thanks in advance.
Dec 22, 2011 2:32 PM

Jun 2010
Hi all , can someone tell me a good romance with graphics like Kaichou Wa Maid-Sama?
Dec 23, 2011 10:50 AM
Aug 2011
Hmm :/
I'm huge romance anime fan XD I mean, I always search for anime, where is romance in.
I'm watching ''Honey and Clover'' right know, then, a very very good anime was Arakawa Under the Bridge x Bridge (That is season 2) . Arakawa under the bridge x bridge - I love this anime, it's so cool and osm, I would ask (If somebody have seen that anime) , do you know some similar anime to that? :3 - Sorry, I'm bad at English ._.

And then, romance anime's .. hmmm,
Amagami SS
Myself x Yourself
I don't know more :/ I mean I know, but I don't remember.

Anime film (where is romance) :
5 centimeters per second,
Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo and The Place Promised in Our Early Days

Sorry, I don't know more :/
Dec 23, 2011 8:08 PM

Oct 2011
Any good non-harem romance, and the relationship between the main char is very deep that would make you feel sucked in?
Dec 24, 2011 12:08 PM
Jul 2018
For a non harem romance I would recommend
School Rumble :): Pure comedy and romance which will make you root for the main character

Kimi ni Todoke: Romance between two characters and no one else,but the progression is very slow.

Toradora: It's a two person view on romance, but it makes you root for both the main characters to achieve it :)

Lovely Complex: If you want the perfect non harem romance to make you feel connected to the main character to achieve their romance goal, then this is it :)

Hope this helps you (:
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » Introductions ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

imperlast - Jun 14, 2010

1415 by KokoroEnoMesseji »»
Mar 26, 8:21 PM

» Mecha Manga

PlasticRobot - Feb 23

0 by PlasticRobot »»
Feb 23, 7:05 PM

» Recomend any manga and i will read it!!

Tamurax - Feb 2

2 by Fauzy_Weliady »»
Feb 5, 7:15 PM

» Guys, check my paintings - Tribute to Makoto Shinkai

mufarari - Jan 13

1 by Tamurax »»
Feb 2, 7:36 AM

» I need manga

Charizardexbb - Jan 28

0 by Charizardexbb »»
Jan 28, 6:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.