Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 22, 2011 8:36 AM

Apr 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
this is out
Oct 22, 2011 8:39 AM

Jan 2010
I'm really glad they're doing such a good job with Lancer. He really is a true gentleman.
Ok™
Oct 22, 2011 9:15 AM

Aug 2011
that was a epic battle, DAMN!

i love the animation, all the attacks, it was incredible.

and the chariot is BIG , it's impossible to dodge that thing.
Oct 22, 2011 9:26 AM
Oct 2010
awesome. they're really going all out on this one. too bad the ending we'll have to wait for the ending D:
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Oct 22, 2011 9:29 AM

Jan 2009
Argh!!! Why couldn't they air next week together with this week! The true awesomeness starts next week... Still this was one heck of a battle (albeit a bit too much talking). Ufotable did a spectacular job with the animation and the BGM. The crimson rose of exorcism and the golden rose of mortality at their finest!
halberdiersOct 22, 2011 9:37 AM
Oct 22, 2011 9:57 AM

Aug 2011
halberdiers said:
Argh!!! Why couldn't they air next week together with this week! The true awesomeness starts next week... Still this was one heck of a battle (albeit a bit too much talking). Ufotable did a spectacular job with the animation and the BGM. The crimson rose of exorcism and the golden rose of mortality at their finest!

well, there is a lot of talking in the Book as well. I'm not really surprised. Besides, Saber and Lancer are Knights, that respect each other and like to enjoy the battle at the most, so it's understandable all the conversation of them
Oct 22, 2011 10:03 AM

Nov 2009
So for the novel readers how do you think the battle was animated??

Maybe im a bit spoiled but non talking battles, so this was a bit slow for me...
Oct 22, 2011 10:13 AM
Sep 2010
"Your as good as naked before my spear." i laughed when i thought of that quote the second time and i know i'm not the only one
Oct 22, 2011 10:17 AM

Jul 2011
So far the previous episodes have been amazing in storytelling and in animation, have high expectations for this one. This should be the first episode where there's actually fighting, so I'll have to see how they do with that.

Interesting to see their mindsets in a battle. But Saber's actual identity is actually pretty strong. They can assume that the sword is being hidden in order to preserve the identity of the servant, but most people wouldn't assume that King Arthur was female.
On the side note, why am I getting the vibe that Kiritsugu is going to kill Irisveil... Didn't see the homunculus theory coming but I guess it does make sense from when she said something along the lines of destined for this purpose.
Anyhow, it seems like Saber's pride got the best of her in that fight, but still she's portrayed way better than in Fate/stay night (anime).

So from that episode is appears that Fate/zero has fucking overpowered animation and art, it looks fucking amazing. Other than that, this really seems to be turning into an incredible anime, I might be being swayed too much by the animation but whatever.
mdzOct 22, 2011 8:02 PM
Oct 22, 2011 10:20 AM

Aug 2011
actually, this is the only battle with a LOT of conversation, but for me, its better than in the novel. The narrative of the story focus in many characters, so yes, most of the battle was "cut" during the show, but i don't find it bad.

comparing to all the other battles of Fate stay/ night, i found this one much better.
Oct 22, 2011 10:22 AM

Oct 2010
Like I said last week in regards to the following,

The battle was something out of this world. I though I had seen the best of the best in the 5th war with the graphics and redrawn aspects of the BD and all. Was I deceived! This episode here beats all the fights itself of Fate Night Stay! The quality is already that of what I saw in the Bds. Let me spell it out for you:
The predecessor showing the example to what is to follow!
That none shall be superior than thee 4th war. The details and quality of them is what sets this fight apart from the many faults of the 5th’s wars. That of details and precision of details. Such as the pics show. Certainly such were in the previous series Fate Stay/Night but the problem was the quality of it. It just does not compare to this. That is a IMO and that is what an anime is supposed to do as it comes before its newest that of Fate Stay/Night. To set an example of superiority that indeed it was not Fate Stay/Night that was amazing it was the 4th War that was amazing and not 5th one. More later.

BTW Image Stitches in the spoiler
obviously all about Lancer and Saber!
Yumekichi11Oct 26, 2011 9:36 PM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Oct 22, 2011 10:25 AM

Nov 2009
Gamaliel said:
actually, this is the only battle with a LOT of conversation, but for me, its better than in the novel. The narrative of the story focus in many characters, so yes, most of the battle was "cut" during the show, but i don't find it bad.

comparing to all the other battles of Fate stay/ night, i found this one much better.

Oh thx for the answer... I though they were cutting corners :)

Well for me plot (more than) animation... So Im ok :)

I was expection a full out battle ... (Or maybe because the last thing I watched was Karas LOL)

But yeah the attention to the details, like the ground, hair and all were great...
Oct 22, 2011 10:41 AM

Sep 2007
Anyways ... Rider is DA MAN !
Oct 22, 2011 11:15 AM

Oct 2010
Fighting was good.

My favorite moment in the fighting ...

Oct 22, 2011 11:16 AM

Dec 2009
And this is why I think Rider is the best servant of this war. Sorry Saber, I love you but Rider is da best.

Loved the episode. Ufotable is really doing one of the best adaptation I have ever seen. Going to become my favorite studio if they continue with this gorgeous quality.
Oct 22, 2011 11:24 AM

May 2009
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG!!!!!

WHOA!!!!!

EPICNESSSSSS!!!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ufotable, I worship thee!! DAMN! That animation was outrageous!! I wonder how much time it took! :))) EEEEEEKK!!!!
(Gosh, this is my first ever fangirl scream! ROFL!)

I am still shivering with so much excitement! Literally shaking!
Wow.

Lancer is SO friggin HAWT! I was charmed the first time I saw him in the ED sequence already. Lol. Amazing. Pure amazing. Diarmuid is such a hawt name too! *swooon*
Rider is pretty cool. :P Iskandar huh? Awesome of him to drop by and announce himself. :))) LOL at Waver.

Saber is amazing. Wow.

Ok, I'm just taking up space and ranting. But... I can't control myself!!!!
I'M GOIN MAAAAD!!!!!!

KundaliniOct 22, 2011 11:27 AM
_____ _ _ ______

Within pain, there is desire.

_____ _ _ ______
Oct 22, 2011 11:31 AM

Dec 2009
Okay.
COME ON, DOWNLOAD LINK~!!!!!

See, I told you guys about the hilarious "outcome" from Rider xD
We gonna have the best match contain all 6 servants (Caster aside, cause he was out killing people for lulz)
Oct 22, 2011 11:32 AM

Feb 2009
^Seems like Lancer's Mystic Face is more powerful than it looks xD.
Oct 22, 2011 11:34 AM

Aug 2011
belatkuro said:

:D indeed
Oct 22, 2011 11:36 AM

Jun 2011
Waver is always so MOE~~~~~~~
All Hail ISKANDER!!!
Oct 22, 2011 11:40 AM

Dec 2009
belatkuro said:

It is truly powerful~!
If you are are "some woman and children and mongrels", you would be attracted to the mystic face~!

Thought, Diarmuid wasn't really legendary at my place.......
Oct 22, 2011 12:14 PM

Apr 2011
Awesome episode! That was amazing animated, there's no way you can tell me the VN did that better :D I can't wait for the three-way dance next week, I wonder if it'll be a huge melee with the Servants pulling one another off their enemy to try and score the final blow themselves, or if Saber and Lancer will team up against the newcomer. Either way, this is an awesome and action-packed episode. :)

I must say, I've never even heard of Diarmund or whatever his Western name is. Some kinda cassanova-type dual-wielding roses? Sounds a bit fruity but whatevs :)
Oct 22, 2011 12:33 PM

Jan 2010
There was a lot of talking during the fight, but it's nice to have that fight analysis. Gotta love the delicious fight animation too.

Also, Rider being awesome once again. I'm happy.
ShockedOct 22, 2011 12:45 PM
Oct 22, 2011 12:43 PM

Jun 2009
That was one awesome fight! So much better than any of F/SN battles. Loved the backgrounds, the slow motion and everything else! It was so intense and this is only the first battle! I can't even imagine how the final battles will look like. Also, since there's no annoying teens shouting "Saber!" every second, it's much more enjoyable.
And I hate knowing that I won't be able to see next ep till another Saturday. One week wait is killing me.
Oct 22, 2011 12:44 PM

Aug 2010
That fight was amazing, I'm really liking lancer as well.
Oct 22, 2011 12:48 PM
Jul 2010
Could someone remind me why am I reading this thread again? I hate spoilers, damn it, yet I couldn't stay away. Now I'm even more excited and I probably won't be able to get much sleep tonight, waiting for the UTW release...

Oh, and this made me laugh:
PerlaNemesis said:
Also, since there's no annoying teens shouting "Saber!" every second, it's much more enjoyable.
^I believe you, I totally do!
Oct 22, 2011 12:58 PM

May 2009
WOW! That. Was. Redonkiouslus!!!!!!!!!! (spelled wrong)

Saber was all over the place. And Lancer, wow, he did own her a couple of times. And then Rider...can't decide if the entrance was cool, or dumb. Probably cool.
Oct 22, 2011 1:19 PM

Dec 2010
Lancer's two spears are amazing. The battle just went back and forth until Rider jumped in. I wonder what's going to happen now that he revealed his identity. What will Kirei and Kiritsugu do now?

Looking forward to next episode.

Oct 22, 2011 1:29 PM

Feb 2011
adorable king of knights xD

lol rider wants to play =D respect for the king xD

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Oct 22, 2011 1:32 PM

May 2008
Fourth episode and finally something good has happened. They ended that episode perfectly as well. Looking forward to next week.
Working
Oct 22, 2011 1:33 PM

Jun 2011
RIDER HAS CHARIOTS OF REAL MEN! BOW DOWN BEFORE HIM.
Damn, that was amazing. Really liked how the fight went. The show's paying off big.
Looking forward to next week.
Oct 22, 2011 2:05 PM

Aug 2008
I generally dislike fights that take up more than an episode, but this one was really good. It seems like Lancer is no pansy, and Saber was wrong to underestimate him.

Rider was so dramatic in ending that fight :D

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Oct 22, 2011 2:06 PM

Jun 2010
rofl waver's face was priceless when iskandar pops in and announces his name when the other two have been fighting tactically to hide their name
Oct 22, 2011 2:08 PM

May 2011
I swear to God that my eyes were just looking at that sexy mole all the times Lancer appeared in the screen. It was gorgeous 8D

AND MAN. DAT BATTLE.
I'm still breathless. Like... THIS' HOW A BATTLE SHOULD BE LIKE. BADASSERY ENSURED. Lancer is so cool. And Saber...so composed. ;_;
AND OH ALEXANDER, YOU ALWAYS MAKE ME LOL (L)~
If I die and I find that I had a soul inside,
Promise me you'll take it up to its final ride...
Oct 22, 2011 2:22 PM

Sep 2007
I think it's official now that RIDER IS BEST SERVANT. Why is he so amazing. ;_;
Oct 22, 2011 2:22 PM

Jun 2011
I'm not gonna lie, but that was a really impressive fight scene.
Oct 22, 2011 2:50 PM

Dec 2008
O_O ....Epic!!!!

I could drool over that animation quality for hours..
Llama765Oct 22, 2011 3:08 PM
Oct 22, 2011 3:03 PM

Jun 2008
Ufotable did a greatwork for this fight!
And I love Waver's face when Rider said his name.
Oct 22, 2011 3:06 PM

Jan 2010
Wow im still laughing hystarically from Riders entrance which IMO was prob the best entrance of a char Ive seen. Ahhh Rider you are just epicsauce beyond compare. And honestly I like Lancer as well hes pretty kickass with them spears. Beautiful battle scene, I couldnt stop watching it for a moment. Anyways next week will be awesome \o/
Oct 22, 2011 3:29 PM

Jul 2010
I am speechless. This is shaping up to be one of best animes of all time. Little early I know, but I can just feel it. Also, Waver and Rider, best (comedic) duo period. Rider's entrance was pure win.
Oct 22, 2011 3:39 PM

Oct 2009
Oh my god, oh my god. Brb fapping calming down.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 22, 2011 3:49 PM

Mar 2008
Nice fight, I expected this from ufotable, when Saber avoid the blows of spears... And finally, a great Rider entry...

Oct 22, 2011 3:57 PM
Jun 2009
OH NOOOO, no, it can't be... but... maybe...?
YES. YESSSS.This is a good fantasy anime!!! FINALLY AFTER ALL THESE YEARS!!! Goodbye, harem crap, magical girls and pathos everywhere!
-great characters (Iskander!!! I sooo love the joke about Bucephalus being real ox :) and Lancer with his love spot!!! I really am in love.)
-the MUSIC!!! fabulous, magnificent, fantastic! fits the battles and the mood of the series perfectly. the opening reminds me of Fullmetal Alchemist, ending - Slayers, dunno why.
-battle animation is pure win. the clouds, light, movement - sex for eyes.
-story. is. so. goddamn. fascinating. Can't wait for the next episode!

my god, I'm in LOVE.
Oct 22, 2011 4:00 PM

Jun 2009
Damn epic fight for just a few scratches after all, what you'd expect from Natsu.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Oct 22, 2011 4:19 PM

Jan 2011
Rider has the right idea, fight every servant. Unfortunately for him that right is reserved for the main character.
Oct 22, 2011 4:21 PM

Apr 2011
God! I just love Rider he's just damn hilarious xD
Oct 22, 2011 4:24 PM

Sep 2008
lolrider
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 22, 2011 4:34 PM

Jan 2011
So many sparks so pretty ~! but that poor warehouse Area took such a beating from all this epic fighting.

lol@ rider how can you not love him.
Oct 22, 2011 4:34 PM

Jun 2011

How real men do it.
Oct 22, 2011 4:42 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Again, F/Z tops everything else this week.

I wish all adaptation were this good. So far, with 4 episodes, it's already rapidly becoming the best anime series I have seen in years....
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» The ufotable Production

BigHomieTrapa - Apr 11

2 by Alexioos95 »»
Apr 15, 1:53 AM

Poll: » Fate/Zero Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

a6342164 - Oct 29, 2011

459 by JacobRitacco »»
Mar 15, 12:23 AM

Poll: » Fate/zero Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Oct 1, 2011

698 by damnit_tomioka »»
Mar 9, 1:25 AM

» Who's your favorite servant?

Ms_Muffin - Feb 19

47 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Feb 28, 5:46 PM

» Im about to start this but confused

TabutcuEmmi - Feb 7

44 by RulyKinkajou59 »»
Feb 10, 3:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.