Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Persona 4
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 20, 2011 10:05 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Interesting how two girls met at young.

Short hair girl is worried because she saw her long hair girl at Mayonaka TV.

lol @ the girl with completely different personality hosting the show!!

Searching for miko girl, who hated the name "Yukiko", and found another short hair girl instead.

Banana-faced persona?? It's the two guys' turn to help her.

The reason Namikawa-san's character immediately got his persona in ep.1 because he's the chosen one? And he just got another persona!!

tsubasaloverOct 20, 2011 1:39 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 20, 2011 10:15 AM

May 2010
Wait....PERSONA CHANGE! YES! Glad they decided to keep that. Also, Pyro Jack FTW! - One of the many first personas I used in the game, good to see him. Hoping for Jack Frost next/Black Frost or Hanuman next.

Anyways, REALLY liked this episode. Shadow Chie was presented better than Yosuke's shadow, imo. May I also add, little Chie was f'en adorable.

It's really hard to not think about Hiimdaisy comic dub without watching this...."Yukiko's missing, Yukikko's missing, Yukiko's missing, YUKIKO'S MISSSING!!! ...Oh Hi Yukikko!" - lmfao

And 10/26 P4 soundtrack! My ears are ready.
Oct 20, 2011 12:53 PM

Aug 2007
I highly anticipated the multiple persona use in the anime. I never kept Izanagi with me through the whole game (dropped it after fighting Chie's shadow)

> Can't wait for Rise's and Naoto's arc..
Oct 20, 2011 1:13 PM

Nov 2007
Loved this episode, way better than the first two. B'aww, dat dog ;w;

Btw. just what kind of personality are they giving Yu/Souji/Charlie in this anime... ?
- Teddie bites him - “I’m going to cry”
- watches Yukiko’s Midnight Channel - “I wish I taped it.”
Lmao this is glorious.
moedeaOct 20, 2011 1:32 PM
Oct 20, 2011 1:20 PM

Feb 2010
Castle bits were way too rushed, not to mention they're steamrolling the hell out of those enemies, but it's still pretty great so far.

Plus fuck yeah Pyro Jack, can't wait for Jack Frost next episode, because you just know they have to use him
Oct 20, 2011 1:42 PM
Jul 2018
This show is starting to get really mundane. It's the same pattern every time. Each episode focuses on one character going through mental breakdown then MC gives them words of encouragement and all of a sudden they're better and then side character gets a persona. There's like what? 5 more characters in this show? So basically 5 more episodes of this shit? great...
Oct 20, 2011 2:39 PM

Apr 2008
lol Pyro Jack at Yukiko's dungeon, kinda overkill no?
Oct 20, 2011 2:43 PM

Jul 2011
The last two episodes were relatively enjoyable, the characters are likable. I haven't played the actual game before, so I'll have to see how this plays out. Really noticeable thing would be the OP/ED, actually really enjoyed them.

Onto this episode now, apparently people tend to take what their apparent images say to heart. Seriously, why the fuck do they care so much about what something claiming to be them says? ><. Is that a banana klansman...? Actually enjoying the music from this anime.

Anyhow, overall episode was decent. It really is just storyline progression, and I'm still a bit hazy on actual persona mechanics. There doesn't seem to be much room for character development, just all plot. 3.5/5
mdzOct 20, 2011 10:23 PM
Oct 20, 2011 2:57 PM

Sep 2007
Haha, I think MC's personality in the anime is pretty funny. And Chie's dog had a really big head. xD
Oct 20, 2011 3:00 PM

Nov 2008
This just keeps getting better. The extremely mediocre first episode is but a distant memory now.

All my love. Keep being this wonderful, P4.
Oct 20, 2011 3:05 PM

Sep 2010
wow...this episode was sooooo good! It was awesome...I enjoyed it soooo much, especially when he changed persona and they did a team up attack. God cant wait for next episode. Chies the best character!!!
Oct 20, 2011 3:09 PM

Feb 2011
Best one so far.
I love how you can totally tell that Yu jizzed in his pants after seeing Yukiko xD. (Althought I somehow like RisexYu... D:)
The ending is very original, it seems that after Yu gets a new persona the back from one of the cards changes. More than 20 more to go...
Is it me or is the anime kind of hinting ChiexYosuke and YuxYukiko? If that's the case, I wouldn't be surprised if some fans are pissed off and others dance of joy xD
Anyways...MC's personality rocks, 'nuff said. Screw the ones who say that this is terrible.
Banbanli57Oct 20, 2011 3:20 PM
Oct 20, 2011 3:14 PM

May 2009
ChieXYosuke ♥ The little fangirl in me was sure pleased.
Anyway, I really liked this episode, even though thei recover from their other side always seems a bit...odd. Then again, in the game it was completely pathetic so it's actually better than the original (at least in this aspect).
And man, I just love this OST.
Oct 20, 2011 3:21 PM

Jan 2011
I loved this episode, the flashback as awesome too.
My theory about the Social Links was also true, as you can see in the following:

Every arcana will appear in the ending as Yu create a new bond, this episode was Chariot Arcana.
This was my special fanservice, new year present.:

Moe Moe Kyun: Yukiko ver.

I love this show.
NiyawaOct 20, 2011 3:45 PM
Oct 20, 2011 3:35 PM

May 2009
@Banbanli57
Bah, if the tv series really follows a certain pairing, it doesn't matter which one it turns out to be, some fans will be pissed.
Oct 20, 2011 3:48 PM

Jan 2011
tsubasalover said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Interesting how two girls met at young.

Short hair girl is worried because she saw her long hair girl at Mayonaka TV.

lol @ the girl with completely different personality hosting the show!!

Searching for miko girl, who hated the name "Yukiko", and found another short hair girl instead.

Banana-faced persona?? It's the two guys' turn to help her.

The reason Namikawa-san's character immediately got his persona in ep.1 because he's the chosen one? And he just got another persona!!

It's fixed? Oh well, finally.
Oct 20, 2011 4:08 PM

Nov 2008
I'm liking the ditzy Yu. He's downright sugoi.

Also, Yu x Rise forever.
Oct 20, 2011 4:11 PM

May 2009
Yu x Yukiko forever ♥ (although I could care less about who he ends up with, as long as it's not Chie).
The cry is free lol
Oct 20, 2011 5:08 PM

Jan 2009
drendren said:
This show is starting to get really mundane. It's the same pattern every time. Each episode focuses on one character going through mental breakdown then MC gives them words of encouragement and all of a sudden they're better and then side character gets a persona. There's like what? 5 more characters in this show? So basically 5 more episodes of this shit? great...

Interesting... people is never happy, maybe it's because the game is the same? if they din't follow up the game people would be upset, and if they changed something like in Valkyria Chronicles adaptation with the creation of a non existant in game love triangle people would raaaaage regardless. It's pretty hard to make an adaptation of a game with just too many options, it would take around 100 episodes or more to fully detail every aspect of it.

This is an adaptation, and I praise to how true with the game it has been so far for not creating aspects not present in game. But I encourage people that all they do is complain and cry from the adaptation is to just play the game, or wait for the new persona 4 gold comming up soon, or to just avoid the anime like AIDS.
Oct 20, 2011 5:18 PM
Jun 2010
episode 3 sounds AWESOME can't wait
Oct 20, 2011 5:21 PM

Feb 2010
Darkness-man said:
Haha, Narukami: "I wish I taped it" xDDD
That was hilarious.

Loved that moment, yes.
Oct 20, 2011 5:31 PM

May 2009
Evtrai said:
drendren said:

Interesting... people is never happy, maybe it's because the game is the same? if they din't follow up the game people would be upset, and if they changed something like in Valkyria Chronicles adaptation with the creation of a non existant in game love triangle people would raaaaage regardless. It's pretty hard to make an adaptation of a game with just too many options, it would take around 100 episodes or more to fully detail every aspect of it.

Don't remind me of that bullshit that they tried to imply that was Valkyria Chronicles. I still haven't gotten over my trauma, given how ridiculous and horrible that thing was.
Oct 20, 2011 5:52 PM

Nov 2010
Glad to see the animator didnt break down... or did he... if the BGM is being played around with to see if a new one would fit the situation I hope they stop doing that.
Oct 20, 2011 5:53 PM

May 2008
I see some people talking about the animation and such..let's put it this way.

It could be like Tales of the Abyss. Where they just messed around, changed things, and put characters in and out and people who DIDN'T play the game didn't know what the hell was going on. Hell I played that game twice and was unimpressed with the animation for those reasons e_e

But these animations are aimed at the people mostly who HAVE played the games. Adaptations of manga are much different.

Anyways, I was SO EXCITED to see Kou and Daisuke in this episode. Oh god I hope the 'balls' joke gets in there somewhere. I'll die.

And Lol @ Yosuke "NO FAIR YOU GET 2 PERSONAS?" Dude he gets like 8-10 tough shit LOL.

Ahh great episode though~ I'm just gonna anxiously await when Kanji comes into the picture and his persona episode gets shown |3 Uhu that'll be the best..~

Oct 20, 2011 6:01 PM

Jul 2009
Evtrai said:
I encourage people that all they do is complain and cry from the adaptation is to just play the game, or wait for the new persona 4 gold comming up soon, or to just avoid the anime like AIDS.

Or better yet, play P3 or previous SMT titles if they can care less about gameplay and prefer a better plot with less redundant elements?

If he's not with us, he's AGAINST us!!!

Oct 20, 2011 6:05 PM
Apr 2011
Nice episode.
Oct 20, 2011 6:06 PM

Jun 2010
Wow, the protagonist is such a troll in this anime XD

Oh, and seriously digging the new BGMs
DeadlyBoredomOct 20, 2011 6:12 PM
Oct 20, 2011 6:19 PM

May 2009
Wow! Just wow.
1. The MC's responses are hilarious!
2. I love the fact that Pyro Jack was in it (I hope Jack Frost makes the cut too)
3. I almost fell off my chair when Yuu and Yosuke did the combo attack and it showed the picture.
Oct 20, 2011 6:32 PM

Jul 2009
TwilightRhapsody said:
lol Pyro Jack at Yukiko's dungeon, kinda overkill no?

It's kinda bad that my brain likes to ignore the rule of cool, but after the second I spent being happy seeing Pyro Jack, my immediate thought was 'Wait a minute, cheater, there's no way your level is high enough for that!'
If any of my posts seem odd, it's probably because I'm tired. Sorry. I have sleeping issues.
Oct 20, 2011 7:05 PM

Jun 2011
Pretty good ep.

LOL. MC said he was gonna cry after he got bitten. I was somehow anticipating whether that'd be the response he choose, and he actually did!

Seeing Nanako with her hair down while she's sleeping, to me it's looks cuter that way than it is with her regular hairstyle. They should've included that for one of her character sprites in the game. :(

Cool, multiple personae. MC sure leveled up so fast to use that Pyro Jack without having to grind so much. Hope they'll be including Jack Frost and Black Frost.

The all-out attack was Agi + Garu instead of a melee beat down? Well I guess that's cool too but I'd still like it if they just go in there and smash the hell out of that shadow boss. (But then again I don't think I notice them bringing in any new weapons after Yousuke's got confiscated)
"There is nothing that my Zankantou can't cleave"
Oct 20, 2011 7:09 PM

Jun 2011
Ah, Yosuke. Swinging swords like in a public area. How much more stupid can you get? And that's why I love him.

I also didn't expect them to let Yuu use many Persona like in the game, which makes this an even better adaption. This makes me pleased.
Oct 20, 2011 7:28 PM

Jan 2011
Sanguis said:
Ah, Yosuke. Swinging swords like in a public area. How much more stupid can you get? And that's why I love him.

I also didn't expect them to let Yuu use many Persona like in the game, which makes this an even better adaption. This makes me pleased.

Yes. multiple personas was indeed a good choice, even though sillyriri said that his level not enough for it (Pryo Jack). But I think that's not a problem since we're talking about anime.
Oct 20, 2011 7:58 PM

Sep 2008
Hanamura looked quite spiffy in that white outfit.
It might be because I hate their school uniform so much.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 20, 2011 8:16 PM

May 2010
Anyone else noticed Ayane?

Could that be hint of Yuu joining her club? It would seem easier to make a bond with her than animating Yumi's problem...
Oct 20, 2011 8:22 PM

Jan 2008
Dear god I'm loving the personality they're giving MC.

Many FUCK YEAHs were had this episode.

Like someone else said, keep being this fucking awesome.
Oct 20, 2011 8:22 PM

Feb 2008
went from crying to cheerful in less than a second.....gah i just cant stand the pacing of this anime.
Oct 20, 2011 8:23 PM

Jan 2011
RealScreamer said:
Anyone else noticed Ayane?

Could that be hint of Yuu joining her club? It would seem easier to make a bond with her than animating Yumi's problem...

Who knows, but I did notice her, in the first sight, I loved her social link.
Oct 20, 2011 8:26 PM

Dec 2008
this ep had so many opportunities for an "Everyday young life Junes" wasted, i thought for sure when nanako was watching tv it would happen
Oct 20, 2011 8:29 PM

May 2010
daniellkun said:

I watched a shit quality of it, so couldn't notice her the first time. But I agree, I secretly always liked her SLink.
Oct 20, 2011 8:57 PM

Jan 2011
RealScreamer said:
daniellkun said:

I watched a shit quality of it, so couldn't notice her the first time. But I agree, I secretly always liked her SLink.

By shit quality, you mean the stream of theanimenetwork? I saw this one, I almost missed that hair style of hers. But they actually didn't do a god job in that part, when Yu is asked to join the basketball club, It didn't even sound as an invitation. I have too agree that the pace of this anime is lacking, one time you're sad, other you're happy, just like someone else there said. But who cares, Izanagi is boss in this show, and Pryo Jack was awesome too.
Oct 20, 2011 9:07 PM

Sep 2007
Damn, how much did they grind to be able to summon Pyro Jack already!? Not even Jack Frost or Pixie!?

The clubs also makes me wonder which ones MC will join. It looks like they're going with Ayane for cultural club but what about the sports club!? I think they might be banking on the basketball team instead.
Oct 20, 2011 9:09 PM
Feb 2010
i guess pyro-jack is more iconic character~

~~~~~Dominatrix Bananahead~~~~~~~~
Oct 20, 2011 9:11 PM

Sep 2007
majestix1988 said:
i guess pyro-jack is more iconic character~

~~~~~Dominatrix Bananahead~~~~~~~~

I'm pretty sure Jack Frost is a bigger icon than Pyro Jack since he's the mascot for Atlus.
Oct 20, 2011 9:13 PM

Jul 2011
Am amazed how things can be messed up so badly in only a minute. Most of the episode was fine but the Pyro Jack thing was just ridiculous. Also, him being able to summon other Persona is all well and good but him just pulling them out of his butt isn't doing it for me.

Pulling out a level 32 fire Persona against a boss that's supposed to be weak to wind and not fire is just bad. You should be level 5 at that point, if that. Stupid.

They were obviously trying to pander to Pyro Jack fans by using him, which seemed to work given the comments, but it was so badly misplaced. Could have picked a better place for it. The fact that he even had the Persona for apparently no good reason is seriously bugging me, too. If they had bothered to show him getting it in a shuffle or fusion myself I wouldn't mind but nope.

Well, whatever. Despite those issues the rest of the episode was pretty good. 3/5
Oct 20, 2011 9:23 PM
Aug 2008
Um, you guys know there this isnt actually a video game, right? So there are no levels...?

Im a little curious to weather Yu will use Pyro Jack again. He's apparently gonna have a lot of persona to go through.
Oct 20, 2011 9:28 PM

Sep 2007
Tanrim said:
Am amazed how things can be messed up so badly in only a minute. Most of the episode was fine but the Pyro Jack thing was just ridiculous. Also, him being able to summon other Persona is all well and good but him just pulling them out of his butt isn't doing it for me.

Pulling out a level 32 fire Persona against a boss that's supposed to be weak to wind and not fire is just bad. You should be level 5 at that point, if that. Stupid.

They were obviously trying to pander to Pyro Jack fans by using him, which seemed to work given the comments, but it was so badly misplaced. Could have picked a better place for it. The fact that he even had the Persona for apparently no good reason is seriously bugging me, too. If they had bothered to show him getting it in a shuffle or fusion myself I wouldn't mind but nope.

Well, whatever. Despite those issues the rest of the episode was pretty good. 3/5

They might as well include the after-battle screen so we can count how much exp they get when fighting shadows, mirite? Or rather, they should show them browsing a shop then a menu randomly pops up with the prices all listed neatly and asking them how many of each item they want.

ಠ_ಠ
Oct 20, 2011 9:39 PM
Dec 2007
RealScreamer said:
daniellkun said:

Ayane's was a lot more fitting to the more bright attitude the whole game brings. As for those wondering about which Sports club he chooses it really wouldn't matter in the end. If they wanted they could easily show bits of both the Soccer and Basketball club's because regardless of which you choose for Sports you befriend both Kou and Daisuke. This doesn't happens in the social club S.Link where you either focus solely on Ayane or on Yumi and never meet the other.

Oct 20, 2011 9:44 PM

Jul 2011
Using all in game things and completely throwing them out. Neither extreme is good. Level should still apply to the anime even if only loosely. It's, if nothing else, a measure of proficiency. If you don't want to even go with the basics then why bother with any standards? Why stop with Pyro Jack, Yu should just pull out the best fire Persona, right?
Oct 20, 2011 9:48 PM

Jan 2011
Tanrim said:

You DO realize this is an anime right?
So you DO realize that level is NOT something that matters right?
And also, you DO realize that Yuu already have all the personas with himself DON'T you? Because this ISN'T a game, you DON'T have to fight with shadows to get Personas at the end of battle. RIGHT?
Also, why bother if they used fire or not? Wind + Fire attack combo was a WIN.
Wasabi said:

They might as well include the after-battle screen so we can count how much exp they get when fighting shadows, mirite? Or rather, they should show them browsing a shop then a menu randomly pops up with the prices all listed neatly and asking them how many of each item they want.

ಠ_ಠ

Where's the fucking like button for this post. ಠ_ಠ
Oct 20, 2011 9:50 PM

May 2010
daniellkun said:
By shit quality, you mean the stream of theanimenetwork? I saw this one, I almost missed that hair style of hers. But they actually didn't do a god job in that part, when Yu is asked to join the basketball club, It didn't even sound as an invitation. I have too agree that the pace of this anime is lacking, one time you're sad, other you're happy, just like someone else there said. But who cares, Izanagi is boss in this show, and Pryo Jack was awesome too.

Nope. I watched it on Keyhole when Japan was airing it. I think Ayane looks better in this..In the game she looks like a 10year old, lol.

Well, Yu basically just answered "no" to Kou on "ever played basketball?" and ran off, he really couldn't say anything more. And I hope it's basketball, didn't really like the soccer SLink.

Well, in the game, it's kinda the same thing..there's no arc in the main characters besides Rise/Teddie that continues on in a "sad mood" for more than 1mintue, they all shrug it off since, no one really wants to continue talking about a person's badside until you play their SLinks when it's Yu alone with the other person..

WheelerTheViper said:
Um, you guys know there this isnt actually a video game, right? So there are no levels...?

^This. I think it would be stupid to limit off some personas in the anime just because his level isn't high enough. Not every exact thing should follow the game...

Also, I'm guessing Yu will change into a chariot persona next?
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Persona 4 The Animation Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jan 5, 2012

105 by zodismegalame »»
Jan 27, 1:44 PM

Poll: » Persona 4 The Animation Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Feb 9, 2012

72 by NN010 »»
Nov 18, 2023 6:49 PM

Poll: » Persona 4 The Animation Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jan 12, 2012

112 by NN010 »»
Nov 11, 2023 6:51 PM

Poll: » Persona 4 The Animation Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Oct 27, 2011

120 by Delphantasist »»
Nov 3, 2023 9:05 PM

Poll: » Persona 4 The Animation Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Dr_Funkadelic - Mar 30, 2012

186 by DarkCanuck »»
Sep 22, 2023 8:01 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.