Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Oct 26, 2011 6:05 PM

Feb 2010
Guival said:
What does Un-Go means?, I cant speak english that well but that line doesn't make sense.isn' it?

Un-Go it's pronounced Ango, so it's a play of the original author's name, Ango Sakiguchi, who wrote the novel in which Un-Go takes it's premise.
Oct 28, 2011 11:50 AM

Apr 2010
better than the first ep.

still curious about the geass-like eyes of inga
Oct 28, 2011 3:16 PM

Sep 2010
Vanisher said:
I fucking hate when character sings , i have to put volume to 0.

Yeah let's forget the fact that the characters in this episodes were mostly singers.
Next up let's hate characters that play baseball in a baseball series.

Oct 28, 2011 4:35 PM

Mar 2009
While this episode was much better than the first episode, it still isn't compelling enough. And, again, what is with the killer's motivation? What a foolish reason to kill her own mother.

Of course, UN-GO is leaps and bounds above Guilty Crown, so that's something.
Oct 28, 2011 4:53 PM

Sep 2010
While this episode was much better than the first episode, it still isn't compelling enough. And, again, what is with the killer's motivation? What a foolish reason to kill her own mother.

First time getting into criminal mysteries? Motives can be petty but so long as the criminal gains something from it can be seen as reason enough.

Oct 29, 2011 3:57 PM

Dec 2009
The singing during the sob scene was timed a bit badly in my opinion. This was an otherwise enjoyable episode that raises some questions about the main character and his companion.
Oct 29, 2011 4:13 PM

Oct 2011
This case was very heartwarming, but it still was kinda boring. Not enough thrill and suspense
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 4, 2011 3:53 PM
Sep 2011
This is so sad .-.
Nov 4, 2011 5:15 PM

Feb 2009
I'm still not sure about this series. Inga is super-creepy, which is great, and I'm really interested in the main characters and the overall story, but I find the actual cases to be a bit strange so far. I thought the motive in the first ep was pretty unconvincing, and this one was even worse. I don't know what the show is trying to do, really.

Also:

I'll keep watching, I think, but for me the most interesting part is finding out about the history of the main duo and seeing how the political situation progresses. If the episodes keep on sticking to the same scheme (case, false suspect, Inga transforms, case solved, truth hushed up) and all we get are hints, and if the authorities keep on popping up just to hide the truth and add a sense of injustice without ever being developed, it would be disappointing indeed.
Nov 5, 2011 9:15 PM

Mar 2009
All this hate is stupid. People don't want to watch an anime they want a detective game so they can solve the mysteries. Throw a detective and the show has to be all about finding who commited the crimes. Ffs.

CrackityJones said:

Also:

No, just think about it. I believe it's what the show aims for. Singing was Osada's raison d'etre and she did what she did. The episode just provided an unpretentious food for thought.

Nov 6, 2011 3:55 PM

Jun 2008
Hmm...A little better than the first episode but still needs a lot of work. The main characters seem too distant and remain complete strangers to the viewer and the supernatural staff doesn't really spice the story but rather makes it lose it's charm. Personally i find that freak just annoying.
Needs characters building, better based stories and mysteries that involve the viewer by giving him time, hints and staff to start making assumptions.

Sky-senpai said:
So the government kills off this cross dressing faggot and lets the real murderer do what she pleases?

Moral of the story: If you are a cross dressing faggot you would be killed and thrown in a ditch. Besides who will punish a beautiful young girl with a nice voice when we can spare the world of your ugly mug.
With love, you government.
MonadNov 6, 2011 4:02 PM
Nov 6, 2011 6:10 PM

Jul 2010
Monad said:

Sky-senpai said:
So the government kills off this cross dressing faggot and lets the real murderer do what she pleases?

Moral of the story: If you are a cross dressing faggot you would be killed and thrown in a ditch. Besides who will punish a beautiful young girl with a nice voice when we can spare the world of your ugly mug.
With love, you government.

its like the Chairman actually created a "false truth" disregarding any connections w/ Osada An, he doesn't care even she's the killer or not, he doesn't want her to go into public, like how her song for Dol-pli expansion is banned for release. Her exposure, especially her voice might lead to the discovery of the true identity of Anzai Enri w/c is a major part of the government's propaganda during the war. With Yonagahime's songs having messages like "let's strike back against terrorism and let's dispatch a lot of troops", along with the group's sentiments of "having lost a member due to terrorism", their songs and the group are supported by the majority of the public and clearly enlighten the morale of the people of Japan during the war.
Revelations of the truth during such events in their post-war state could cause an uproar and disrupt their momentary peace.
The framed suspect, like Inga said might have been actually killed by them and did not committed suicide to instantly give closure to the case. He cannot deny and say anything cause he's dead now.,and basically Yonagahime's secret is protected still.
It just they didn't foresee Yuki inciting the release of Osada An's song for Dol-pli on the net.,w/c you can see the Chairman trying so hard to block.
Simplistic beauty can't be appreciated by someone who looks for something grand in everything he watch.
Nov 24, 2011 5:36 PM

Nov 2007
ehhh again he solves the case, nothing happens to the criminal and he gets no credit? I don't really get it, but whatever.
Nov 24, 2011 6:12 PM

Jul 2010
mystik said:
ehhh again he solves the case, nothing happens to the criminal and he gets no credit? I don't really get it, but whatever.

he isn't a government employed detective, much like he is a freelance "for hire" one and what he says holds no water as long as the government doesn't want it much like how they stressed "Aramaki" to be the killer
Simplistic beauty can't be appreciated by someone who looks for something grand in everything he watch.
Dec 6, 2011 1:55 AM

Aug 2011

Best scene, isn't it?

Jan 6, 2012 11:35 PM
Oct 2009
I didnt read all the posts.. just some.. but i want to ask, so the real culprit always gets away or what? i mean in the first ep i thought they still would arrest the wife for killin the sp (which was d story they were gonna tell) but in the second we just see the girl alone near the fake grave and no one tells her anything or arrests her ... makes no sense - _ -
Sep 10, 2012 9:24 PM
Feb 2008
I thought it was interesting. I can see why some people may want the epsiodes to be two parters so there's more room to play but it still works as a one shot. The panda girl was certainly more aggressive an dcreepy in this ep though. I'm not sure what the deal is there. I thought the actual mystery wasn't too bad and reminiscent of Criminal Intent or something. I get why they call him the failed detective now though, everytime he solves something it gets repressed by the government and covered up with some bogus lies. I hope there's going to be an over arching story that deals with this since it seems like a pretty big deal....

The ending is god tier.
Nov 24, 2012 12:20 PM

May 2012
NICE! Great story in this episode, I really liked the ending, and lol at the vocaloid reference!
Mar 15, 2013 10:01 AM

Dec 2008
Big Inga looks like a drag queen!

Sent with Mal Updater
May 10, 2013 4:44 PM

Jun 2009
I don't understand why not just self publish there own music. The world structure doesn't make sense to me. So why not just crate an internet account or something. I mean there are tons of ways to get music out there. I mean seriously how old was that character, she could just go out an announce it because it is her voice and she was not informed that she would never be allowed to sing again.

Where there is no imagination there is no horror. || Arthur Conan Doyle || Happy Halloween!
Oct 28, 2013 9:30 PM

Oct 2013
Homolust said:

okay

yeah i didn't quite get why they just let her off
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Jan 12, 2014 2:57 AM
Jul 2018
Shih said:
"It's different than that ancient Vocaloid thing"

I LOL.

--
Well, that was predictable.
Feb 17, 2014 3:17 AM

May 2011
The society...is screwed up. Corruption. Monopoly. A man controlling the country's say, economy, internet, law, politics, and even privacy. He is the law. He decides who is the murderer. That is why Shinjuurou is the "Defeated Detective": he is unable to win against the true evil, Kaishou Rinroku. All to prevent the identity of the Anzai Eri, all to prevent losing his power... 5/5
"If you reject me, I'll blast a hole in you!" Kanzaki H. Aria
Just kidding.

Feb 17, 2014 3:21 AM

May 2011
Just look. It is concrete evidence that "Anzai Eri" was but a farce and fake created by the mother, and proved by none other than your main duo. However, the police, including Kaishou (at the final scene) pretended knowing nothing despite watching first-hand, even dismissing the evidence as a "conspiracy", a "conspiracy" which the government made during the war to create a character for propaganda purposes as to fuel the Japanese into the futile war, and that is none other than you "Anzai Eri". If you don't call the societal state screwed, I have no other words to describe it. I feel sickening that people just dismiss this episode with 1/5 by viewing this detective show as your plain-old Conan. I might not give this 10 for now, but this episode really surprised me. Now I really want to know what is the state of Japan in the world. (as stated in this episode, even Japanese songs are "illegal" out there)
Just kidding.

Feb 17, 2014 3:26 AM

May 2011
Bheaze said:
Homolust said:

okay

yeah i didn't quite get why they just let her off

they want to cover up. The government is screwed, you see. And ironically, there is no government, no law. The law is Kaishou himself. I hope I can clear some doubts here~~~ (^_^)
Just kidding.

Oct 6, 2014 7:33 PM
Jul 2014
Great show! Although the mystery moves too fast. Hey, but I'm not complaining. I've seen shows where it goes way too slow. *cough* blood-c *cough*. I'd take this any day over a show where a girl is walking down an empty street for over five minutes singing the same old song in every episode. And inga's transformation?....VAVAVOOOOM!
Jan 29, 2015 9:01 PM
Jun 2013
aw so miku in the future. Pretty cool you make them appear anywhere. wow igna can sure get violent. ok im confused why do they keep letting this killers go scott free?
Aug 27, 2015 11:04 PM

Nov 2012
hmm, i actually liked this episode a lot, had a nice mystery feel to it. it's quite fucked up how the government covers up everything though.
Nov 23, 2015 5:49 AM

Mar 2010
Ok the first episode was rlly boring.. This one feels quite rushed cant say i rlly loved it wanting more but it was a lot better than the first episode. Im a bit confused though what ezactly happened it was way too much info in the last couple of minutes.. Though i did get the main things right
Feb 8, 2016 6:24 PM

Dec 2013
The Yokohama song sounds nice tbh, but I didn't get what happened in the end and it seemed rushed although the story was really ineteresting

★━━─
𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵?
𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘺?

Jul 10, 2016 1:44 AM

Jul 2008
So it's a government conspiracy show then.
Sep 22, 2016 1:22 AM

Mar 2012
I don't understand anything! What's going on!? Why are they defending all the murderers and covering up their crime!? @.@
Apr 16, 2018 10:05 AM
Nov 2015
Post-war anime? I got no war and neither any post-war feeling about this. It just feels childish and juvenile, and yes, very cliche. The formula is more or less the same as the last one.

The thing I hate the most is the cat (?) boy, all sensational voice-acting, purposely weird body movements. He just reminds me of any any any other character in shounen who is made to be weird and unconventional so that maybe, he will get a niche support from fans.
May 29, 2021 11:10 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Wow that was quite twisted with the girl killing her own mother for the idol band
Jul 17, 2021 7:24 AM
Oct 2019
not really feeling this
Sep 2, 2021 11:55 AM
Sep 2021
the pacing of the episode was very fast. but i had a lot of fun watching the mystery unfold
Nov 25, 2021 6:52 PM

Jan 2016
Not feeling this series, maybe it’s better as a manga, but I will drop it for now.

Aug 2, 2023 12:33 AM

Sep 2018
How the hell can so many people like this show?
What the hell is wrong with people?
This is beyond "not feeling it" as some people are putting it. For some reason this show making me feel downright hate.

Also, the pacing is awful, the editing is terrible, the spindly character designs that look like Clamp meets a generic shounen artist are ugly, the characters are all completely unlikable, and the whole thing with covering up the actual murderers is just plain stupid.
KristiwazhereAug 2, 2023 2:02 PM
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » UN-GO Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Brace625 - Oct 13, 2011

180 by Karva1 »»
Apr 14, 2:33 PM

Poll: » UN-GO Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Dec 1, 2011

72 by Assassin2112 »»
Mar 1, 4:52 PM

» UN-GO series--Watch series first or Episode 0 first?

thecursedone - Nov 23, 2013

13 by Barry_Allen_14 »»
Apr 25, 2022 2:10 AM

Poll: » UN-GO Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Oct 27, 2011

79 by helldraco »»
Dec 7, 2021 7:21 AM

Poll: » UN-GO Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Nov 24, 2011

87 by Eyth »»
Dec 4, 2021 8:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.