Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Sep 17, 2013 7:00 PM

Jul 2009
well what her friend said was kind of right but at the same time, it's just outright wrong. nana never made any 'major' mistakes in her relationship. past mistakes with other guys, yeah, but that has nothing to do with the current one. and if shouji can't understand that nana is a bit busy getting her life together, then he's undeserving anyway.
Oct 7, 2013 12:02 AM

Jul 2013
Wow. This episode deserves a 5!!! I hate Shouji so much and I've never hated a character so strongly. Nana should have punched both that girl and Shouji, they both would've deserved it.
On another topic... does anyone think that Nana will die? Punk Nana not Hachi. It just seems like Hachi is narrating about someone who can no longer hear her. I really hope I'm not right because I can't stand tragedies.
Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!
- Doflamingo
Oct 7, 2013 10:14 PM

May 2011
Phew, this was definitely an anime arc to remember (so glad there's so much more to watch). The execution was great and there were lots of moments to remember, fun and sad. I can respect the many different opinions people have, because we all have different experiences in life. Some more-so, and some none. (So many scary girls here lol)

*Cough*. I can say that Shouji and Sachiko will be lucky to last longer than Souji/Nana, and I wonder if Souji truly even likes her; he may just simply be attracted to her for the time-being, and because them studying/working in the same environment is convenient. In fact, I don't think Souji can commit himself to anyone the way he is now without "convenience" playing a role. The 15 year bassist with the piercings, at least he's honest in his playing around. Perhaps Souji doesn't get himself either, and honestly I will like this portrayal of him... if he can redeem himself someday. At this stage, I would at least want him to treat Sachiko well now. I guess it all depends on their "real natures'" compatibility i nthe long run, and if the lingering feelings involving Hachi play/don't play a role sometime.

I really like the relationship between the Nana duo and I'm liking Osaki more and more by the episode. Hachi I'm growing fond of as well. Overall the show has a few vibes. The emotions range from laughter to tears and it can be all over the place in a graceful way. The variety of characters is nice too.

Now, although it's clear Hachi Nana is only barely in stage 1 of recovery, the story seems like it will direct it's focus on to Ren/Osaki for the time being, and I've been interested in them since the first revelation. Front row seats? Let's go.

I'll probably formally see you all here at the end of the next arc (if that's how the show's format is).

Ren!
Kayaba-Oct 7, 2013 10:38 PM
Nov 14, 2013 7:46 PM

Jul 2013
meneope said:

Well there's no easy way to wriggle out of it if you are friend with both parties!

Actually, thats quite easy. If you are close with both and you find out that one of them is cheating you tell them that it is an assholemove and he should choose because the situation puts a strain on the friendship for everyone. At the same time you assure them that you will support either decision.

When the shit hits the fan before you can lay these "rules" out, you support the victim, tell the cheater that he is an idiot but still stay his friend. In the end its their relationship and you are just a friend.
Jan 25, 2014 10:14 AM

May 2012
Poor Nana I do hope to not see Shouji anymore... Well the ending was quite interesting perhaps now we'll see some more development on the side of the other nana?
Jan 26, 2014 5:50 PM

Aug 2013
I love how Ren got incorporated into the anime again! :) I really hope Nana accepts Hachi's offer, so that he can maybe notice her!
Fucking Shoji! And Sachiko should have backed off! Junko didn't really help with Hachi's pain either...
Really memorable episode!
Feb 3, 2014 4:00 PM
Jan 2010
I was hoping Nana would at least get to punch Shouji in the face, even if Hachi should have been the one to do it, it would have felt satisfying for a few minutes. FUCKING SHOUJIIIII. ARGHH

The worst was Jun though, who on earth goes over to comfort a friend in her situation by saying "you made a lot of mistakes too". Argh.
Mar 26, 2014 10:32 AM

Jan 2009
1. Shouji chasing after & hugging sachiko RIGHT in front of hachi… how messed up.

2. one can never trust nice guys.

9/10
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Apr 9, 2014 12:13 AM

Aug 2013
Wow Junko what a great friend you are. How can she blame Hachi on this? Sure things weren't all smooth sailing between Hachi and Shouji but basically she just said Shouji cheating on Hachi is justified. Huh?! And she had the nerve to go "I don't know why you're playing the victim. Stop saying he was cheating." Wow just wow. She knew all along that he was cheating but she covered for him instead. Worst kind of friend.

Hachi, all you need is Nana.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Apr 16, 2014 1:58 AM

Mar 2014
A warning... If you guys ever read this... I'm about to get really "messy" with my comment...

Now I know what Game of Thrones fans who never read the books felt when they saw the Red Wedding.

NO MORE DAMN IT! NO MORE! I NEED TO WATCH A LOT OF MOE COMEDIES FOR A FEW WEEKS UNTIL I REGROW MY HEART BACK! ALL OF YOU MAY BE CRYING BUT I WAS FUMING WITH ANGER! MY RAGE WAS PREVENTING MY TEARS FROM FALLING OUT! OH MY GOD!

CONCLUSION:
Jean-chyanApr 16, 2014 2:32 AM
"I played the game called "Real Life" once, the Graphics were amazing but, the Story sucks. PVP was not allowed. The Physics Engine was very shitty. I wasn't fond of the Characters too. The Soundtrack was great until the 90's update. Respawn time sucked as well. "

Chuunibyous>Lolis=Bishounens>pile of shit>Tsunderes

Click "See all" for an adventure (See all)
May 22, 2014 11:59 PM

Jan 2014
Feel sorry for Nana, but at least she got rid of him... n___n
Hope to see Ren in the next episode again, but for real ^-^
Dec 14, 2014 2:06 AM
Oct 2012
Junko took Shoji's side because he became a closer friend to him than she was to Nana. That makes her egoistic, because it doesn't matter who's the person you hang out more with. She should have taken a balanced view if anything.
Also, she expected Hachicko couldl cut her wrist and still scolded her? Is she insane.

Nana O is such a real friend for Nana K.
HiImAnAlienDec 14, 2014 4:10 AM
Dec 29, 2014 2:15 AM

Oct 2013
dunno why everyone's saying Junko took Shouji's side; she explicitly said she wasn't. What she said is... well, it takes two to tango. Jun was basically saying they both fucked up, and they did. The anime made a huge point of showing how self-centered Nana is, but I'm guessing y'all forgot about that because you're blinded by Shouji-rage. Jun was being a good friend; she was trying to help Nana by showing her how she messed up too. She just chose the wrong time to do it...

hate to say it but it would be lulz if Shouji turned goof Nana into a lesbian and goof Nana and goth Nana hooked up

WHICH REMINDS ME NANA NEVER TOLD SHOUJI THAT GOTH NANA MADE OUT WITH HER

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Jun 1, 2015 11:19 AM

Mar 2015
Oh lol this thread.

Glad the arc is over,looking forward to what's next.
Jun 28, 2015 11:02 AM

Jun 2013
Glad that Nana never has to deal with that bastard again
Junko kind of pissed me off this episode though
Jul 15, 2015 3:24 PM
Jul 2015
A pretty hefty episode I must say! Makes me wanna see more! Alas it's 12 midnight and I have a early wake up call: haha anywhoooo I loved how nana wanted to step up and punch the sucker in the face ! Lols haha I sympathize for hachi. She's so hurt and u can. This is so realistic it's nuts! Just when she's about to make this better and give him more attention he flees the ship. Ass! He was at fault, u can't just date someone else just because you are having trouble with the person u are with. Break it off on time. He comes out a winner , because sachiko is so big eyed inlove she would never leave him, and he knew it. She won too, because she got the shit. Happy life to both of u! May your children never experience what nana is going though.. Ugh... Honestly! And Junko tho, wtf woman. I get her point , hachi had been slacking a bit but that's still no reason to sleep with someone else. No no no Junko! That was baaaaad! I kind of lost my liking towards her after that conversation. I'm pretty psyched to see the rest :) can't wait!! I'm def loving this anime
Jul 15, 2015 3:25 PM
Jul 2015
SakurasouBusters said:
Glad that Nana never has to deal with that bastard again
Junko kind of pissed me off this episode though

Same ! I was like wtf Junko? U drunk girl? Haha
Jul 17, 2015 6:28 PM

Oct 2013
I just love how this show sets up one thing after another, It's gonna be really interesting to see where the next episodes will lead these characters.

Sep 3, 2015 11:52 AM

May 2014
This anime sure knows how to startle us! Just give us Ren already!
Oct 14, 2015 8:25 PM

Aug 2015
Shoji's cheating is simply the final nail in the coffin. Yes, it is morally wrong and unforgivable to many but this just highlights how weak and unstable the relationship Hachi and Shoji bore. I don't care much for him anyways since he's just a side character but if only he would break off first. Ah but then we wouldn't have a drama.

Y'know watching the same show, at no point did I see Jun defended the cheating of Shoji. She merely stated a fact that the relationship failed due to both parties. I like her telling it as it is. Might be too insensitive for many but don't forget that she's been with Hachi for so long. Guaranteed not the first time she witnessed this kind of situation, considering how many exs Hachi had. I bet she knows whats best to do and to say. Just my input.

So far 14 episodes in, I like what I'm watching esp the comedic moments. Hopefully our dear Hachi learns from this experience and wisen up to be a stronger person. Still 33 episodes to go after all.
Nov 12, 2015 8:47 PM

Mar 2014
this episode felt so magical
Dec 9, 2015 7:39 PM
Jun 2013
okay so...June is completely wrong in this episode. Shouji was the one who wanted Nana to get a job and be independent when she arrived in tokyo. 100% his fault. I did not like her this episode for trying to downplay his betrayal.

And excellent transition with the trapnest tickets. Now we can get some story for the other Nana. That was really smooth.
Jan 23, 2016 12:50 PM

Oct 2015
"Fight to get him back"?! Stupid! This has obviously no future.
Mar 31, 2016 4:44 PM

Aug 2014
Haha white Nana trying to act like a mother was so hilarious :D
but how is that Shin able to be with older rich women when he is underage?

-"It's you who got nothing to do with it."
- "She's right"
LOL! :D

"It's only you Jun-chan" ;D
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Jun 2, 2016 2:05 PM
Jan 2010
So something that i've always felt watching NaNa.
But please tell me i'm wrong when I say that Nana K is seriously homo for Nana O.
I feel like it's pretty apparent. I mean obviously she comes off as totally straight but i feel like Nana O. makes her question her sexuality. Stuff like "if nana was a boy i'd totally be in love with him"
or "if nana was a boy id definitely want to be with her"

I ship it so hard when i see the way Nana K looks at nana O. i literally cry watching her cry over simply looking at her. ugh my heart.
Jul 12, 2016 7:58 PM
Mar 2016
Yeah, FUCK SHOUJI

and FUCK JUN

Jul 19, 2016 4:51 AM

Jul 2013
Jesus, Junko is one shit friend...
How is it in anyway Nanas fault that Shouji the piece of trash decided to cheat?? What the hell is that kind of reasoning - nana wasn't putting enough effort into the relationship thus this meant it was ok for to him to cheat??? Wow she srsly is surrounded by shitty people she calls friends.

At least she has Nana sigh, who I am actually glad didn't hit the other chick and Trashheadshouji. If Nana did, it would probably make that chick and that disgusting man feel better for going behind Nanas back.
Jul 24, 2016 3:53 AM
Apr 2016
Well, it was awful of Shouji to do that, but he isn't a bad guy and he was planning to break up with Nana anyways. And about Hachi - I love her, but that's Karma. She can't blame Sachiko, she did exactly the same thing.
Nov 20, 2016 9:42 AM

Apr 2014
Hope we never see Shoji again,
The way Nana cares about Hachiko wow she is so cool :)
Dec 4, 2016 12:37 AM
Sep 2015
Junko, I thought you were cool. WTF, taking the cheater's side? To hell with you too, bitch. Nana doesn't need "friends" like that anymore.
Dec 29, 2016 11:48 PM

Sep 2015
That actually made me tear up when Hachi-Nana found out he cheated right in front of her eyes. Yes, I hate Shoji for what he did but if you guys recall Nana basically did something similar with Asano at the beginning. Luckily they stopped before anything bad could happen. Sorta calmed from last episode.
Mar 1, 2017 4:50 AM

Mar 2015
Poor Nana. But yeah good things do come around, though she doesn't know how other Nana feels about what those tickets represent just yet!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Mar 13, 2017 10:23 PM

Nov 2013
This was an uncomfortable episode to get through. It's very good drama, though. But Nana Komatsu is selfish and likes to play the victim. Junko is right about that part.
And that bass player used to be a nice clean cut kid. Now he's turning into a punk rocker and heading toward a life of ill repute, so it seems. How can people like all those piercings?
There's a long road ahead. Looks like it's going to be a bumpy ride. But this series has been growing increasingly interesting.
Jul 23, 2017 4:42 PM

Nov 2016
It's officially over, I won't cover up for Shoji, but Nani is also partly at fault here.

Hachikos dream could be seen as foreshadowing that it possibly will get beef between her and Nana in the future.

Dat moment Nana ran out of the toilet xD

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 6, 2017 5:59 PM
Jun 2017
I just can't help but appreciate the comedy:

-*screaming*
- What's wrong, Hachiko? You okay? *runs out of toilet holding her panties*
- No! Scissors! Where did I put them?! Ah, a razor blade will work too.
- Razor blade?! Don't be stupid! Shoji isn't the only man in the world!

Dark humor for dark times. I like so much how the writer has the nerve to make fitting jokes even in the saddest situation, I think it tells about her a lot.

This is my first rewatch and I'm loving it even more.
Oct 24, 2018 9:26 AM

Dec 2016
I would like to see Nana Osaki punching Shouji's sorry face. Shouji doesn't care at all about Nana and Junko did warn him that he'll break both Nana and Sachiko's hearts if he doesn't do anything and what did he do? Ignoring and move forward! And the funny part is that he choose Sachiko instead of Nana. Now what? Game over!! I really hope Nana will open her eyes and see that Souji is a no good boyfriend.

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Jan 1, 2019 7:47 PM

Jul 2014
You know what? I don't fully agree with Jun. She might be Shoji's friend too but she acted like a bitch towards Nana. I feel like Hachi's purpose when she came to Tokyo was to live with Shoji and she realised she can't just yet , so she started working and making her way up so she won't be a burden for him. She really had good intentions and she hoped that their relationship would get better. Yeah sometimes she played the victim but not that intense how Jun made it sound like. I wonder how Hachi would react if she'd find out Jun knew about the affair. Such a friend... Dark Nana is way nicer to her.
And also that concert coming up I can'ttt.
Right now all I can hope for is that she'll get through this without dragging Nana into this mess. Cause obviously we have this other storyline with Nana and Ren that will probably develop more as we go.
(And I really, really hoped that Nana would've smashed Shoji's face.)
"That smile was like the sun on a hot summer day...with eyes like ice."
Mar 9, 2019 6:34 PM
Jul 2014
Nana should've slugged both of them real good. I'm sick thinking about how disgusting Shoji is.
Apr 18, 2019 7:49 AM

Oct 2012
Nana is so cool
I wish she were real person :(

Now Shoji is out of the way, thank god
Never liked him from the start anyway :P

"It's hard on Shoji"
Sureeeee :P
That's why he already got another girlfriend, right?

Both are at fault, but still he should break up first before sleeping with another woman

I'm glad Nana get over with it pretty fast, she already can joke around

Looks like it's Nana's turn after Nana's (Hachiko) storm have passed
"Signature removed"
Jun 4, 2019 9:49 AM
Apr 2016
Okay, goddamn hadn't felt like this in a while from watching anime, nearly suffocated because of how intense the breakup scene was. The aftermath was as tragic as the climax, Nana seems to suffer quite a bit now, not surprising actually. She's correct though, as long as you live - good things are destined to come.
Sep 23, 2019 12:00 PM

Feb 2011
Shoji is fucking scum
Oct 10, 2019 3:25 PM
Oct 2016
Shoji definitely needs to be punched. If he was a real person id punch him. True, she is immature, but the dude made her want to move out... Then afterward started hanging with another girl, and then has the audacity to have sex and hide it for so long. Someone whose immature definitely wont have instincts on whether someones cheating on her or not.

Also, she definitely needs better friends. Junko is wrong.... Soooo wrong. Only thing that she said that made sense was that nana and shoji could still be friends.
Feb 13, 2020 3:46 PM
Aug 2017
shouji is a coward and a bastard and junko is an excuse of a friend periodt
May 27, 2020 2:12 PM

Jul 2015
Shoji you idiot, that was the worst way to break up, if it weren't for other Nana being there I'm sure Nana would have ended her life
I appreciate Junko's honesty there, few valid points for reflection (Nana selfishness) there but I don't think those points had anything to do with Shoji cheating on Nana, I really expected more words of comfort to her pain but she basically blamed it on Nana there siding with Shoji. Even worse is the fact that she knew about it and didn't tell her 'best' friend. I think the worst thing out of all this is the fact that Shoji didn't had the balls to at least apologize to Nana

May 29, 2020 5:57 PM

Jun 2019
First of all, what Shouji did was loathsome, but I don't condone punching or inflicting any violence on him or any other person for something which is a non-violent offense in the first place. I can understand the sentiment and anger, but since there are many folks in this thread clamoring for that result, I just thought I'd put it out there.

That said, to me, the false equivalence between Shouji and Komatsu Nana's actions is sheer horseshit. His actions and Jun's partial defense of them were 100% in the wrong without exception and really beyond contempt. What Jun said is just flat out untrue. Nana isn't to blame for even 0.000000001% of it. If he was unhappy with their relationship for any reason caused by her, caused by himself, or by a mixture of the two (diverging priorities, goals, interests, and personalities), then he has every right to end the relationship. At that point, you could evaluate the actions of both concerned parties and if Nana was unhappy with the breakup, someone could logically say "Yes, but here was your role and responsibility in it, etc.". But he didn't break up with her. He cheated on her in the fullest possible sense of the term. I don't care if she had previously smashed his computer and spit in his face. Break up with her first. You don't even need a better reason then "I like this other girl better", "You're annoying", "I'm bored" or just no reason at all; you don't even need to give any reason whatsoever and it's fully within your prerogative.

So saying anything Komatsu Nana did or didn't do in the relationship prior is a cause of the cheating is an utter bullshit and really a poisonous sentiment. Nothing "causes" cheating except the person participating in it choosing to do so and actively and consciously choosing to flagrantly disregard any minute semblance of respect for the person they're concealing it from. If they had any cause to dislike any aspect about the person they were seeing enough and want to sever the relationship for any reason then they could pursue whatever they wanted sexually with another person 30 seconds after. Breaking up for any reason or no reason at all by either party doesn't even need to be justified, whereas cheating can never be justified regardless of whichever spin you put on it.

I also don't know why it seemed like prior to this episode Shouji was built up, at least by his friends and those who knew him, as such a saint and great guy taking on the weight of the world and so diligent in dealing with Nana who was like a cross to bear or albatross around his neck. What was he doing prior that was so generous or heroic? And as much as characters in-universe and some fans alike like to talk about Komatsu Nana "playing the victim" of this put upon martyr, if anything that fits a person like Shouji much more to a tee. Even before the cheating I really disliked his holier than thou attitude, even when it was unspoken. He had this very arrogant "I'm suffering in silence" vibe from day one.
WatchTillTandavaMay 29, 2020 6:05 PM
May 30, 2020 12:10 AM

Oct 2019
Shoji=Bad
Sachikko=Good
This thing shoji did to nana affected her very much but I think nana isn't sad she is just heart broken bcoz he cheated on her but nana had mixed feelings she was also happy that she got out of the relationship which was very hard to keep from the beggining. Well but in the future
so nana was the one who is incompetent in keeping relationships.

Jun 2, 2020 3:08 PM

Jul 2019
Its not anyones fault or anything, they just dont fit eachother. Proof is the fact that it worked better for them when they were distance away. Still, the guy is a scum for cheating should have just broke up right away if he already finds someone else. Happens in real life this kind of thing.
Oct 28, 2020 11:45 AM

Dec 2016
these past few episodes have reminded me just how much sachiko fucking pisses me off - her and her 'i'm just this good little girl' attitude whilst she blatantly manipulates shouji. not that he or jun were particularly good this ep either.
AnimeFreak-San said:
is this a male gender issure...human issue...mental illness perhaps?
Apr 6, 2021 10:35 AM
Mar 2021
is nana psychic ??? first she dreamed that shoji cheated and now she dreamed about ren coming back ??? that's def some foreshadowing
Apr 16, 2021 2:04 AM
Mar 2021
istg the only one who really cares about hachiko is nana
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nana Episode 38 Discussion ( 1 2 )

cureroyale - Feb 18, 2009

55 by mo_lave »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Nana Episode 36 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Xinil - Mar 5, 2007

65 by mo_lave »»
Apr 17, 8:58 PM

Poll: » NANA Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

jacobpaige - Mar 23, 2008

77 by nelsonnnn »»
Apr 16, 6:46 PM

Poll: » NANA Episode 27 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kayro - May 19, 2008

98 by _Geko_ »»
Apr 9, 4:10 PM

Poll: » NANA Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Psylocybek - Aug 5, 2008

84 by mo_lave »»
Apr 8, 9:49 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.