Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 28, 2008 4:45 AM
Jul 2008
this reminds me of a fragment in a drama by Mark Ravenhill " Faust is dead'' when one of the characters tells a story about one case of love in Japan... 'one day a Japanese business man and a woman went to have lunch, during which she started reading her poems to him..they were instantly in love.. He took the knife, killed her, and then ate her...'.. then the character asked " Who was cruel in this story?''...

well, let's say it is a very very similar motive..

and then also.. knowledge of people and their sacrifice to something that they are unfamiliar with so in order to control the fear they create those stories of Godlike beings..

it's humorous...
Jan 1, 2010 5:11 PM

Feb 2008
i don't know if i'd call it humorous, but it's definitely fascinating. thanks for the literary reference -- good food for thought (har har!).
Feb 3, 2018 6:38 AM

Jan 2017
shegoblin said:
this reminds me of a fragment in a drama by Mark Ravenhill " Faust is dead'' when one of the characters tells a story about one case of love in Japan... 'one day a Japanese business man and a woman went to have lunch, during which she started reading her poems to him..they were instantly in love.. He took the knife, killed her, and then ate her...'.. then the character asked " Who was cruel in this story?''...

well, let's say it is a very very similar motive..

and then also.. knowledge of people and their sacrifice to something that they are unfamiliar with so in order to control the fear they create those stories of Godlike beings..

it's humorous...

The story is not a black comedy.
Contemporary0091Feb 21, 2018 3:56 PM
And still, Bill will live on.
He will befriend the next inhabitants of the earth, beings of light who revere him as a god.
And Bill will outlive them all... for millions and millions of years...exploring, learning, living,
until the earth is swallowed beneath his feet.
Until the sun is long since gone.
Until time loses all meaning and the moment comes that he knows only the positions of the stars
and sees them whether his eyes are closed or open.
Until he forgets his name and the place where he'd once come from.
He lives and he lives until all of the lights go out.

More topics from this board

Poll: » The Old Crocodile Episode 1 Discussion

Retro8bit - Sep 19, 2009

8 by PxHC »»
May 2, 2023 6:32 AM

» wtf why japanize the name of THIS of all things

simo000 - Jul 8, 2010

11 by Kippercha »»
Nov 6, 2010 1:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.