Forum Settings
Forums

Anime in above user's "dropped" list that they should reconsider

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (198) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

Oct 18, 2011 9:11 PM
@leingodf8

I read your tags for Hayate no Gotoku and I genuinely believe that you should be put down for calling Hina a witch. Shame on you, you filthy human being.

In all seriousness, I don't understand how you loved School Rumble and can't finish Gintama. You're already halfway through, and the second half is MUCH better so it's worth another look.

Oct 18, 2011 10:19 PM

@YoungsterJoey
You seem to stop short at finishing shows or give up at them at the start.
Which is, I dunno, unproductive.
At the very least, give Seitokai no Ichizon and Asura Cryin' another chance.
That's all I guess.

Oct 18, 2011 11:05 PM

@belakuro - dropped series should stay dropped. however, at least try one or two more episodes of tokyo magnitude 8.0

Oct 18, 2011 11:12 PM

@pantyshots

Darker than black S2 - If you like action animes you need to watch this :/

And you should reconsider Angel Beats , I wasn't a fan of all the randomness either but the ending totally redeemed itself for me

I also think you should re-consider Gosick , the slow type of mystery animes like it is I wasn't a fan of really however I did slowly get sucked in throughout it from Victorique's cuteness, I would say the ending kind of makes up for it as well, Although throughout I will admit it lacked the amount of action I usually look for :P
Modified by Ahri-, Oct 18, 2011 11:31 PM

Oct 18, 2011 11:43 PM

@Shana-

Aw, no dropped list.

@pantyshots

Keroro Gunsou, definitely. Such a fun show.
But since you gave it a 9 I assume you'll pick it back up someday?

Oct 18, 2011 11:51 PM

Quite a lot. Baccano!, Legend of the Galactic Heroes, Hayate, Full Metal Panic, a lot of good or great ones on there.

Oct 19, 2011 12:00 AM

@TheSilverHawk:
UN-GO, it just aired for an ep., please give it a chance.

@others:
And please DO NOT SKIP ME!! I SERIOUSLY really want suggestion.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!

Oct 19, 2011 12:16 AM

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
Kemono no Souja Erin
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Spice and Wolf

Oct 19, 2011 12:24 AM

Katekyo Hitman Reborn- It gets serious in the later episodes and its pretty good.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"

Oct 19, 2011 12:57 AM

@Roloko
Haven't finished Lucky Star yet and I don't remember much about the first episodes but it was amusing for me. People say the first 3 episodes weren't the best but after that it's all ok so give it another go I guess. I still need to finish it though.

Oct 19, 2011 1:13 AM
originanime

@belatkuro
Kiss x Sis OVA. Not the TV series, but the OVA! Kiss x Sis OVA was awesomely amazing...! :D

For the person who posts after me, don't even bother and just comment on the dude above me. I barely drop Animes and the ones I did drop, I don't think there is any hope for them.

Oct 19, 2011 1:33 AM

^Just droped 2, i didnt watched them, one of them is on my PTW tho. So i cant judge.

@belatkuro
- Kamisama Dolls - its a good anime, dont go by the crowd.
- One Piece - what a waste, try to watch more then 20 episodes, at least 50 and you will like it.
The others are well droped.
Modified by HKenji, Oct 19, 2011 1:39 AM

Oct 19, 2011 3:15 AM
HKenji I think you should give Special A another go the comedy is excellent and the romance storline isn't bad at all i think you should at least watch a few more episodes than you did :P. I know everyones tastes are different but i loved it XD
shugochara1r1c1.png
shugochara1r2c1.pngmetal-blaze.pngshugochara1r2c3.png
shugochara1r3c1.png

Oct 19, 2011 6:35 AM

@metal-blaze
I personally liked Ga-rei zero, although i understand how the middle part puts people off. anyway if nothing else, the ending was pretty good.

Oct 19, 2011 7:05 AM

@ MidnightBlossom

All of your droppings are understandable: no need to bother with Shugo Chara and Naruto (+ Shippuden). I've put Bleach on hold, too.
I also understand why someone would drop Seikon No Qwaser: the manga is great, the anime is not.

You have Higurashi on hold. I'd tell you to finish it, but I realize that it's not for everyone.

Oct 19, 2011 7:10 AM

@RenaPsychoKiller
Seriously... not even going to bother. You seem to hate everything that's shounen, old, hyped or just has a bad animation.

So, every of the shows you dropped are like that...

Anyway, One Piece is pretty good.

Oct 19, 2011 7:13 AM

Tiago97

Yugioh Duel Monsters- I mean come on that show is awesome and you are already half way through. I am only on episode 17 because the site I was watching it got shut down. Come on you can finish it lol!
Skip me since I don't drop shows I watch them even if they suck in the hopes the will get better.

Oct 19, 2011 7:43 AM

@ Matron_Laylie

I've put Bleach on hold, too.

Dropping Dragon Ball and Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood is perfectly understandable.

I'd suggest you to keep watching Yu-Gi-Oh.

@ Tiago97

If you're "not even going to bother", don't post at all, moron.

For whoever is next: if my dropped list upsets you, like it did with the shounen fanboy above, comment on my on-hold list.

Oct 19, 2011 8:21 AM

@RenaPsychoKiller

I know its not on my list but you should pick up Doraemon again. To get a full appreciation for it though you need to also watch the prequel as well as all the movies.

Oct 19, 2011 8:23 AM

wow... you dropped gundam seed o.o you must be insane

YOU HAVE BEEN CALLED FOR BY THE KINGDOM OF INSANITY

no really, watch it bro

Oct 19, 2011 8:27 AM
@ImagineThat
Perhaps block-head comedy just isn't your thing, but School Rumble is an endearing show... and honestly it is the only thing you dropped that I would recommend giving a second chance.

@Kamui-Yui

Trigun and Usagi Drop are high quality shows with hearts of gold... I almost can't believe you dropped them... in any case they deserve a second chance.
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone.

Oct 19, 2011 8:49 AM
@judojon
Inuyasha - Even though it seems like an overrated anime (or maybe it is overrated), it's worth watching, especially with InuYasha: Kanketsu-hen/Final Act waiting for you ahead. You can google for the fillers episodes list if you wish to avoid fillers.
Everything else seems drop worthy.

Oct 19, 2011 8:52 AM

@moralityju

HEARTS OF GOLD?! HAH!!
there's no place for those in my list of Insanity
you need to need to embrace insanity, dear sir
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\and It shall free you from your life of false morality
*ehem* anyway
skip the fillers of bleach and you'll survive it

@ninjatrap
out of the 45:

Baccano/Chrno Crusade/Code Geass/FMA

WTF?! O.O you must be insane

come join us if you like :3
Modified by Kamui-Yui, Oct 19, 2011 9:10 AM

Oct 19, 2011 9:33 AM

@Kamui-Yui
You dropped Monster, Spice and Wolf and Usagi Drop? Seriously? Go watch them, it's some really awesome stuff.

Oct 19, 2011 10:17 AM

@ Medeasenpai

I'd suggest you to reconsider Aoi Bungaku, Requiem For The Phantom, Sailor Moon, Excel Saga, Ghost Hound, Deadman Wonderland, Kurokami, Great Teacher Onizuka, Last Exile, and Shin-chan.

Don't bother with the rest.

Oct 19, 2011 11:00 AM

@RenaPsychoKiller
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood

If you watched the original, why not watch the remake since it follow the manga to a T. They speed through the beginning quickly since BONES knew everyone had already watched the original and didn't want to bore people.

Oct 19, 2011 11:47 AM

@lanblade
hard to believe im saying this to someone who's watched ten times the anime I have, but you should really give Hajime no Ippo an honest chance, it's a classic.

Oct 19, 2011 1:48 PM

@MidnightBlossom

Kaichou wa Maid-sama! you're almost done might as well finish it. i thought it was a pretty good romance besides the fact that it is a shoujou. i'm pretty sure it's worth the wait. :D

Oct 19, 2011 2:05 PM

@angel_beats
Wow some awesome shows on your drop list.
Honey & Clover is an amazing show
Arakawa was pretty good aswell
Kanon, Air .. wow 2 pretty good shows (not an KyoAni fan i guess? xD)
School rumble was an pretty good comedy show, but i guess if you wouldn't like the style ..
Probably missed some, but the rest of them is pretty much understandable (or i could understand if someone dropped them).
Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost.

Oct 19, 2011 2:25 PM
originanime

@hxkclan
Yeah... your drop list seems about right. Though White Album wasn't TOO bad in my opinion.

Again, just ignore me guys. I like participating in this topic but I don't really have any dropped Animes of my own that I would reconsider. xD

Oct 19, 2011 2:44 PM

@OriginANIME
How can I ignore you? That would be mean, besides, you just took the guy I would have taken, so I'll take both of you...

That's surprising, if I wanted to, I could make a case for both the things you did drop. But Hourou Musuko was just a bit dull, where as Oretachi no Tsubasa... Whilst I gave it a 4 in the end, I didn't actually think it was that bad. I actually thought it got good in the episode 7-9 range. Yes, the ending was shit, and the utterly blatant and sometimes disgusting fan-service was bad, but I think you could reconsider, if only to just give up on it anyway.

@hxkclan

God, you don't drop much either do you? I haven't seen anything you've dropped, so I can't comment.

Oct 20, 2011 11:53 AM

@InfiniteRyvius

Why on earth would you drop Rio? There was just so much drama and tension in that series.

XD Nah, in all honesty, your dropped list is fine the way it is.

Oct 20, 2011 12:16 PM

@RamenPoodle

Kuroshitsuji.... howww??? T_T why...... xD - It's so awesome! And you've only got a couple of episodes left before you finish it! .. Get on it man!

Oct 20, 2011 12:23 PM

@the other Kyuu

XD

ToLoveRu has many tits! XD

Oct 20, 2011 12:30 PM

@Kyuu46

You should definitely give ARIA a chance. But starting from the beginning.
It might not have a bunch of action, but it''s a really beautiful series.

You liked K-On! well enough, there's no reason why you wouldn't like ARIA.
> The Fellow MAL Users Social Link has reached level 6!
> Your power to create Forum Posts of the Anime Arcana has grown!

Oct 20, 2011 12:32 PM

I don't know Blassreiter and the other drops are harem stuff so everything you dropped should stay there.

Oct 20, 2011 12:36 PM

Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters description for dropping "underrated"

nothing on there seems worth picking up but seeing that made me go what the heeeeell????

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Oct 20, 2011 12:38 PM

DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
nothing on there seems worth picking up but seeing that made me go what the heeeeell????

Hmm... it was on TV, I decided not to continue? I still like it, but I'm not going to rewatch it or even continue.

Next person skip me.

Oct 20, 2011 2:49 PM

@Tiago97

Claymore. two more episodes to finish and you dropped it; kind of counter productive to do so for such an awesome series. even if you've read the manga and know that it strays you should still finish claymore, it's a really goods show.

Oct 20, 2011 3:01 PM

@Tiago97
Only School Rumble - I don't remember too much about the very begining, it's one of those that only gets better.
The main character is very ace.

Oct 20, 2011 3:10 PM

@ Queen_Stars :

Bakuman - I came close to dropping this show a million and two times, but I think that towards the later half it gets more interesting and the second season definitely seems more "interesting" in comparison with the first. This isn't really a show you can just marathon through, but it's still worth finishing.

Oct 20, 2011 3:35 PM

xxSaspra

I dont understand how you could watch 8 episodes of mm and drop it I dont have it in me to do that after commiting so much to an anime.

Other than that most of them deserve to be dropped

I would say watch higurashi i guess it really does get alot better and starts to make some sense

Oct 20, 2011 3:49 PM
communiist

mmm Shinrei Tantei Yakumo it isn't that good, but if you are really bored then watch it.

Oct 20, 2011 4:04 PM

0 dropped ;3
inqquw.jpg

Oct 20, 2011 4:16 PM

@ xxSaspra
Dance in the Vampire Bund - Not sure if you dropped this thinking "crap twilight has reached the anime world", but it definitely is above that. It's worth watching, has a great story line, some awesome action scenes, as well as some romance.

@ Queen_Stars
Don't stop tagging stuff, I laughed so hard at like 90% of them XD

@ Angel_Beats
You gave Clannad a 9 and Clannad After Story a 10, so I think you should reconsider Air & Kannon (2006) considering they have the same artwork same type of story line and I'm pretty sure the same writer.

Elfen Lied is really great once you get a couple more episodes in so its worth another shot.

Kaze no Stigma Same thing, it picks up a lot later on, and to be hones I liked it more than Elfen Lied
Your tags also made me crack up haha

@ Aruetha
1 dropped ;3
Pick it up again its a great series

Oct 20, 2011 4:34 PM

Anime_Name said:
CanAPanda said:
Anime_Name said:And this is why this thread exists. Hopefully people will be willing to give a series a second shot and put aside whatever turned them off in the first place. It's pretty arrogant to be willing to give advice but not take it yourself.

If you were to go through and read the entire thread you would have noticed that I have taken the advice of many and moved a few anime out of my dropped list. I was simply explaining why I haven't for this anime, I never said it was bad - I just didn't enjoy it. I don't plan on doing something that is meant to be fun (watching anime) when I don't enjoy it, that seems really dumb.

Except that is precisely what you claim to have done already but are now saying that "old animation" is the line in the sand that must not be crossed. Not wanting to watch classic anime because of old animation sounds like a stupid and petty reason to me.

I do watch some classic animation, I just choose not to watch other because I don't enjoy an aspect of it (usually the artwork for older anime). It's the same for newer stuff, sometimes I choose not to watch one simply because I don't like the artwork, now I realize not everyone does this but I'm not everyone.

Consider this, you probably like music but probably don't listen to every genre of music even if within genres that you don't enjoy there are hits that topped the charts and are classics. Just because the majority says those songs/genres are amazing you don't listen to them simply because you don't enjoy them.

Why should I watch something meant to entertain me when it doesn't entertain me?

(apologies for the rant-like post to any others reading this)
Modified by CanAPanda, Oct 20, 2011 6:38 PM

Oct 20, 2011 4:50 PM

@CanAPanda

Baccano! i did read your comments on how you didn't like the setting, but you did watch almost all the series already. you should go finish the last 3 episodes unless you dread the whole series on a whole then keep it dropped. :D

Oct 20, 2011 6:30 PM

Angel_Beats said:
@CanAPanda

Baccano! i did read your comments on how you didn't like the setting, but you did watch almost all the series already. you should go finish the last 3 episodes unless you dread the whole series on a whole then keep it dropped. :D

I already dropped it once before at ep 1, but picked it up because about 8 people told me to between this forum and the original forum that I made. While watching it i found myself easily distracted and tbh it was quite boring
: |
I'm just not a fan of that time period and place is all =P

Oct 20, 2011 6:39 PM

For the guy above me I've only watched Desert Punk in your dropped list. Overall, it's awesome crude humor, but it doesn't have the best storyline or plot. Only anime worth watching in English really.

I'll reconsider anything as long as it's for a good reason :P, I listed my dislikes about the anime.

Oct 20, 2011 6:50 PM

@ mdz
I'll check out desert punk again and see if it captures my attention. As for your list I saw a few that I personally enjoyed quite a lot, here they are:
Casshern Sins - It definitely has a somewhat depressing mood to it considering the planet is in decay, but once you get further into it some truths get uncovered and the main character continues to develop throughout the entire series which is quite interesting to watch, you will find some nice action, but not much romance (but that doesn't mean there isn't any at all haha)
FLCL - Pretty well recognized as being a good series, its definitely got a different feel to it which I can see how some people may lothe but if you don't hate the style then its pretty awesome and worth the watch (and if you hate it you only wasted 6 episodes worth of time instead of 12...24...)
Ga-Rei: Zero - Your note said something about helplessness, I'm guessing you're referring to the main character Kagura Tsuchimiya who seemed helpless in the beginning, but later on... heh yeah its got some amazing action, as well as a great plot.

Those are the only three that I'd say are worth watching, the rest of your list I haven't seen or completely agree with your decision.

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (198) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »