Forum Settings
Forums

Anime in above user's "dropped" list that they should reconsider

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (197) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Oct 28, 2011 2:40 AM

Jul 2011
grandy_UiD said:
OriginANIME said:
@Kamui-Yui
How could you drop Tokimeki Memorial Only Love... I am even shocked you dropped Shuffle but not as much as Tokimeki. If I were you I would reconsider both of them! They were both wonderful Animes! :D

lol, not really.

ikr? but thanks for pointing that out anyway. they're not there for no reason, sometime in the future, everybody's gonna wanna continue on their respective dropped lists ^^

@weird avi guy

Umineko no naku koro ni - give it a chance o.o it's so f**kin awesome
Oct 28, 2011 2:42 AM

Jan 2011
@grandy_UiD

Just Death Note...the rest is understandable or nothing I can say much about.
But you said that you will read the manga instead so that's fine I guess.
Oct 28, 2011 2:45 AM

Jun 2009
messedup said:
@grandy_UiD

Just Death Note...the rest is understandable or nothing I can say much about.
But you said that you will read the manga instead so that's fine I guess.

Eigentlich hab ich nicht vor es zu lesen, sondern habs schon gelesen. Drei mal. Hab alle Bände bei mir zu Hause. Hätte ich aber wohl eindeutiger formulieren können.

Gonna switch back to english now.

@kamui (don't wanna leave you out, do we?)

Monster - what the...okay I guess it's not for everyone. It's pretty slow especially in the beginning. Would help if you added how many eps you've actually seen.

Ai Yori Aoshi - Was basically the first harem/romance anime I've ever seen. Really enjoyed it back in the day but if you've seen alot of the genre I guess it's nothing special

@messedup

I thought B Gata H Kei was actually pretty funny and finally something different from all the standard stuff. But I guess if the humour is not your kind of thing it's okay.

Haven't seen much from the other shows. And the ones I've seen are okay to drop.
grandy_UiDOct 28, 2011 2:51 AM
Oct 28, 2011 8:00 AM

Sep 2011
Uhhh...

Blood+: An acquired taste, this anime does attract a lot of hate, but it's frankly not that bad. In fact, it begins to grow on you. It is long, so I suggest you start watching after the Okinawa arc; the Vietnam, Red Shield, New York and Paris arcs reward patience.

K-ON!: Another anime that's an acquired taste. It grows on you rather slowly, so I suggest you give it another whirl.

Gunslinger Girl 2: WHY, man, why?! This is the choice I just don't understand!
Oct 28, 2011 8:17 AM

Jul 2010
@AjaxAscendant

Kuroshitsuji. only one anime in your dropped list... -_- you watched over three fourths of the first season and then dropped it...waste of time? i mean there's only 4 episodes so you might as well finish it. seems like you wouldn't mind finishing it after 20/24 episodes anyways.

Oct 28, 2011 8:25 AM

Jul 2011
@Angel_Beats

1.) Kaze No Stigma: decent anime worth watching, you seem to have dropped it because the story was advancing too slowly, but that was the first episode... It really speeds up after the first 2-3 episodes which are setting up the setting of the story.

2.) Neon Genesis Evangelion: I haven't watched the entire thing but I'm not sure what you're talking about when you say "terrible animation"? It was released in 1995 so its mostly hand drawn compared to the computer aided drawing used today, but it is still pretty good in my opinion.

3.) Seto no Hanayome: The dub for this came out already, plus I found the series to be pretty funny with a decent plot behind it (if not a bit generic).
Shameless self-promotion: http://www.pernerple.com/
Slyr3do0n said:
MAL is the dark underbelly of the anime community. While other naive fanboys and fangirls run around in real life forming clubs and squealing in deafening high pitch noises about their favourite animus, we remain here, meticulously dismantling the credibility of each and every show, until all that remains is a steaming pile of tropes and ass pulls which we then devour to gratiyfy our glutinous and masochistic desires.
Oct 28, 2011 8:35 AM

Jul 2010
@jrgcool35

fairy tail. you should pick it up again of these days. it's a really fun show to watch. do you not like the characters or something? plus you don't have the fillers that naruto/bleach have.

Oct 28, 2011 8:36 AM

Jun 2011
@jrgcool35

-I would recomend you to give another chance to Fairy Tail. With the progress of the story it becomes more and more interesting... I really love it, but people have different tastes, so xD

I haven't seen any others...
Oct 28, 2011 8:46 AM

Jul 2010
@Heiwajima_Mayu

One Piece. seems like you watch fairy tail so one piece shouldn't be too bad for you. give it a try again one day if you're bored or something.

Oct 28, 2011 5:13 PM

Jun 2008
@ Angel_Beats

You've dropped plenty of good anime.
I can see why someone would dislike Elfen Lied and Evangelion.
School Rumble is one of the best school comedies around.
Akikan was bad, but hilarious.
Mnemosyne and Speed Grapher are great.
Death Note, shit? Uhm. I guess you simply dislike mature and/or graphic anime.

hugging six rabbits and having pink nightmares
Oct 29, 2011 3:06 AM

Dec 2010
@Rena

You've dropped some solid obscure, old, or bad anime. I've also noticed your lucky star review.

I actually do not think you should give any of those dropped a second unless for the sake for completion just so you can rage harder at it.

But if you insist I must pick...then go for the older ones like ahita no joe and Touch. I haven't seen them, but they might just be slow to anime as some people think they are good and have a point.
Oct 29, 2011 3:46 AM

May 2011
@ taro_sado

Yojouhan Shinwa Taikei - This is only 10 on my list. First 3 episodes didn't make so much sense, I know. It's rare kinda anime which keeps going for better and better during the whole show. Somewhere around episode 8 you start to realize what you just have been watching and how hella brilliant the anime, story and everything in it is. I don't even know words meaningful enough to praise its brilliantness. Only thing you are going to regret is not to watch it sooner. Pick it up again, please.
I definitely have superpowers. I can feel it in my balls.
Oct 29, 2011 4:01 AM

Jul 2009
@ Karhu

I'd say Trigun, only because your half way threw and considered picking it back up (info' from your tags). ;)

Oct 29, 2011 4:15 AM
Sep 2011
You dropped Code geass and Death note ... You shoud really give them a chance.Also Toriko and Beelzebub are pretty good
Oct 29, 2011 4:25 AM
Aug 2011
You should definitely finish Bebop. Even though I know that it becomes boring at times, the end will just thrill you and I'm sure you'll give it an 8+/10
lord_gendoOct 29, 2011 4:43 AM
Oct 29, 2011 4:39 AM

Aug 2011
@poopyman
Claymore is definately worth a watch. Beware, the last 2 episodes are filler/an alternative ending. The manga is still ongoing.
Oct 29, 2011 7:55 AM

Jul 2010
@Tiago97

Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch. despite your hate against it i'm going to suggest that you give it another try. it's different from other mechs because for one it makes their modern mech look like crap, and it's just an overall really fun show to watch.

Oct 29, 2011 11:33 AM

Jul 2009
Death Note, Kanon, Evangelion and Samurai Champloo. It seems like you disliked these series because of either hype aversion or some questionable reasons. I'd suggest going into them with a different mindset, and you'll probably enjoy yourself.
Oct 29, 2011 11:42 AM

Jun 2009
@TheSilverHawk:

Evangelion!

Yeah I do realize you not actually dropeed it and just didn't watch the final two episodes. But you should do that. Really. Complaining afterwards that it felt like a ripoff is fine. Just not watching because you eard only crap about it, is not. This is something an anime fan just HAS to see. And after feeling completely fucked by the makers, maybe you'll read a synopsis about it, (try to) understand it a little and the next time you watch it you might find it not so bad after all. At least that's what happened to me.
Oct 29, 2011 1:18 PM

Jul 2010
@grandy_UiD

Hayate no Gotoku! i'm stuck around where you are in the series, but i have heard it gets a lot better. so it would be good to pick up again if you're bored or something.

Oct 29, 2011 6:15 PM

Mar 2010
@grandy_UiD

Blood + And bakemonogatari. Both are awesome..Blood + start a bit boring. But then turn into a amazing anime ( after episode 10 ). Bakemonogatari is real WEIRD.But,is a good one.

Also death note,but seems you dropped it cuz you gonna stick with the manga. So nvm :D

@Angel_Beats

Sorry for being rude but...Death note overrated ? are you kidding me ? .. god...Kaze no Stigma Slow ? School rumble boring ? ..Jesus.
BeYourselfOct 29, 2011 6:19 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 29, 2011 6:56 PM

Jun 2008
YOU DROPPED CLANNAD!!!!!! WHAT ON EARTH IS THE MATTER WITH YOU!! GO BACK A WATCH THAT THIS INSTANT!!!
Oct 29, 2011 7:46 PM
Oct 2007
Chrono crusade is deffo 1 u should reconsider i seriously felt tears welling up at the end only anime that brought a slight tear to my eye was amazing deffo worth a watch also Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann is an epic story and is worth a watch even if after the first arc it's not as good :P
shugochara1r1c1.png
shugochara1r2c1.pngmetal-blaze.pngshugochara1r2c3.png
shugochara1r3c1.png
Oct 29, 2011 10:00 PM

Sep 2008
@ metal-blaze,

Good drop list, i dont recommend you watching any of that crap on there lol
Oct 29, 2011 10:04 PM

Jun 2011
@Kaminator

InuYasha was pretty good, but it's dependent on your patience. ^_^ It actually gets better as it goes further along.
"Aiming for the mark takes precision, balance, and patience."

....Screw that, let's shoot the damn thing!
Oct 29, 2011 10:37 PM

Jul 2010
@SoraLover1994

Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu. to be honest it's not even worth watching the first and second season, BUT the perk is if you watch the first season you can go straight to the awesome movie that they have. if you have the time be sure to skim through the first season so you know enough to watch the movie.

Oct 29, 2011 10:44 PM
Jun 2011
SoraLover1994 said:
@Kaminator

InuYasha was pretty good, but it's dependent on your patience. ^_^ It actually gets better as it goes further along.

I think you should reconsider either FLCL or Cowboy Beebop. FLCL gets a lot of hate and I understand why, but it really is a great anime, and the music was one of the primary reasons that I loved it so much. Yeah it is very spastic and eccentric, and if your not big on metaphors then it is very hard to watch because the show is full of them.

Cowboy Beebop is just an amazing show in general and unless you don't like the cyber-punk, futuristic, realistic style of anime then oh well. The jazzy soundtrack is awesome and so are the characters, would definitely give it another try someday.

Also I see you really like slice-of-life, shoujo anime, may I recommend NANA. One of my personal favorites and this is coming from a guy. Seems like it might have everything you want in an anime.
Oct 29, 2011 10:47 PM

Jan 2008
medicalmidget said:
SoraLover1994 said:
@Kaminator

I think you should reconsider either FLCL or Cowboy Beebop. FLCL gets a lot of hate and I understand why, but it really is a great anime, and the music was one of the primary reasons that I loved it so much. Yeah it is very spastic and eccentric, and if your not big on metaphors then it is very hard to watch because the show is full of them.

Cowboy Beebop is just an amazing show in general and unless you don't like the cyber-punk, futuristic, realistic style of anime then oh well. The jazzy soundtrack is awesome and so are the characters, would definitely give it another try someday.

Also I see you really like slice-of-life, shoujo anime, may I recommend NANA. One of my personal favorites and this is coming from a guy. Seems like it might have everything you want in an anime.

You only got 1 drop, girls bravo first season, good drop, cause i dropped second season... so I recommend you watching your on-hold list, usagi drop.
Oct 29, 2011 11:01 PM
Jun 2011
SwordWielder said:
medicalmidget said:
SoraLover1994 said:
@Kaminator

You only got 1 drop, girls bravo first season, good drop, cause i dropped second season... so I recommend you watching your on-hold list, usagi drop.

Yeah I will finish Usagi Drop but I'm procrastinating my way through the manga right now. Once I finish that I'll go and complete the anime. Great show so far and extremely adorable in a non-pedobear way.
Oct 29, 2011 11:44 PM

Mar 2010
EcchiEcho said:
YOU DROPPED CLANNAD!!!!!! WHAT ON EARTH IS THE MATTER WITH YOU!! GO BACK A WATCH THAT THIS INSTANT!!!

LoL . Yeah trust me when i say you arent the first one to say that ( and prolly not the last lol ) But seriously, i hate Clannad lol. I watched it till 7~8 episode from the 1st season...and Its like..boring as hell lol. ( Most ppl say that the 2nd season is way better than the first one, ) But i'll not risk it :)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 30, 2011 12:04 AM

Jul 2009
Full Metal Panic! and Clannad. People say they get better after the first season because they really do. FMP is pretty much something you should just skip the first season of in my opinion.
Oct 30, 2011 3:15 AM

Sep 2011
@TheSilverHawk
It really depends on your taste really. I enjoyed Dragonball Z when I was growing up so I would reconsider that if I were you but at the same time, I would understand people not enjoying it as much as they use to, or even at all.
Oct 30, 2011 9:52 AM

Jul 2009
OriginANIME said:
@TheSilverHawk
It really depends on your taste really. I enjoyed Dragonball Z when I was growing up so I would reconsider that if I were you but at the same time, I would understand people not enjoying it as much as they use to, or even at all.

Considering I'm watching the original now... :P No real drops, so can't comment.
Oct 30, 2011 1:10 PM

Oct 2011
My sister told me that Evangelion was good, I think you should give it another chance. I'll watch it soon.
-I already know person below me might say Clannad.
Oct 30, 2011 1:49 PM

Jul 2010
@MeSoHungry

Clannad. why? because the other shows that you're watching are either filler packed or just not as good as clannad. one piece might be on par with it, but clannad is a one in a million type of anime. be sure to give it another try when you're bored.

Oct 30, 2011 4:01 PM

Mar 2007
Elfen lied!

How can you? One of the best animes ever made.
Instagram: Luzifurr
Oct 30, 2011 4:54 PM

Oct 2011
@runko

I'm not sure what your specific taste in anime is but if it's anything like mine and you enjoy action along with a good story line you should highly re-consider Gai-Re: Zero and Chrno Crusade
Oct 30, 2011 7:38 PM

Jul 2010
the person above me didn't even have anything in their dropped list so i'm going to skip them.

@Runko

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. is it too random for you? there's a lot of good action and comedy. all in all in's a fusion of basically every genre so you can't go wrong with TTGL. might i add there's usage of the whole color spectrum? ;o

Oct 30, 2011 7:48 PM
Jul 2018
@Angel_Beats

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex- If the whole cop aspect is really that off-putting, I guess there's not much to be done, but if it's just the stand alone cases that are getting to you, you might just try watching some of the Laughing Man episodes (4-6, 9, 11, 20-26). They're much more interesting than most of the stand alone episodes (and the first two you watched were some of the most boring out of those), and you can get away with skipping the other episodes as long as you don't mind missing out on some world-building and subtle character development (though you can always go back and watch them later if the other episodes interest you).
Oct 30, 2011 7:57 PM

Dec 2010
@memeki

Full Metal Panic! - I don't really know why you dropped it. It's pretty funny and it's certainly entertaining to me. I guess you don't like comedy anime. But you should at least give it another try.

Oh and please consider my On-Hold list as well.
Oct 30, 2011 9:16 PM

Sep 2011
Kurosane said:
@memeki

Full Metal Panic! - I don't really know why you dropped it. It's pretty funny and it's certainly entertaining to me. I guess you don't like comedy anime. But you should at least give it another try.

Oh and please consider my On-Hold list as well.

There is nothing worth watching in your dropped list. And as for your On-hold list, there is nothing worth watching as well, but you might want to give Bakemonogatari & Blood C a chance, for both of them are decent animes.
LastExile_613.png
Oct 30, 2011 11:10 PM
Jul 2011
@alec
Yeah, everything there looks like it deserves to be there for the most part (or I haven't seen it)

I guess it makes me sad to see Zan Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei on your dropped list. I, for one, really enjoy that crazy style of humor. If you don't like the humor, you can at least look at it; it has great character design and Akiyuki Shinbo is very good at framing shots. That said, I understand why you might want to drop it. Continuing the SHAFT-ism, Arakawa under the Bridge you should also give a watch. I'm a little bit of a SHAFT-tard so take this with a grain of salt.

PS: Mononoke is actually in my PTW, could you tell me why you dropped it?
Oct 31, 2011 3:44 AM

Oct 2011
@Major x3

Haven't watched any of the anime in your dropped list lol. Only one I can suggest is Kimi to Boku because that's the only one I've heard of :P
Oct 31, 2011 4:05 AM

Jun 2009
@Lawlipops

Bakuman: with only 5 eps to go, you might as well push through with this.

Gurren Lagann: depends on what you didn't like. If it was the kinda childish, goofy style let me tell you it gets different.
Oct 31, 2011 4:11 AM

May 2011
@grandy_UiD

Bakemonogatari - If you respect brilliantness, then pick this again.
I definitely have superpowers. I can feel it in my balls.
Oct 31, 2011 8:54 AM

Jul 2011
@Karhu

Tsubasa Chronicle, the anime version is more better than manga because it include some nice soundtrack compose by Yuki Kajiura that make the anime more epic. I guess this is my opinion.
Oct 31, 2011 9:38 AM

Jul 2010
@Yukihara_Koyuki

nothing really on your dropped so i went with your on-hold
Katekyo Hitman Reborn! you're done with the terrible fillers, so you should start watching some of the main arcs now. not too bad; definitely a lot better than the first episodes i can say that for sure.

Oct 31, 2011 10:17 AM

Sep 2011
Angel Beats:

You dropped many GOOD/GREAT/AWESOME animes because of the crappy English dubs xD

There's Honey & CLover, NGE, Death Note, Speed Grapher, Air, GITS, Nodame, Rahxpehon, Samurai Champloo, & WitchBlade,
LastExile_613.png
Oct 31, 2011 11:36 AM

Mar 2009
@alec613 I tend to agree with most your drops. However, I did see some that I did enjoy there. Might be worth a second look someday.

Aoi Bungaku Series
Golgo 13
Hakuouki Hekketsuroku
Jyuushin Enbu: Hero Tales
Mnemosyne: Mnemosyne no Musume-tachi
Mononoke
Ristorante Paradiso
Shigurui
Shounen Onmyouji
Super Robot Taisen OG: Divine Wars
-animeS - The plural of anime is anime. More than one deer is still deer. There is no damn "s".
-epic |ˈepik| noun•a work portraying heroic deeds/adventures covering an long period of time - adjective • heroic/grand in scale or character
Active Military, Prior Service, and Veteran's Anime Club
http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=25937&time=1299710079
Oct 31, 2011 11:38 AM

Aug 2011
@lisnoire
Big list you have there... hmm...

Hunter x Hunter. You gave it a 7. I'd probably advise you to watch the remake instead, but it may be too childish for you. The original verison is darker, but slower.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (197) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Fact about yourself v.5 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KayKimii - Jun 1, 2023

2352 by BitChilly »»
1 minute ago

» What are your thoughts after visiting the profile of the user above? v.3 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kunii - Aug 9, 2023

3372 by Sethispr »»
3 minutes ago

» Pick Your Favorite Character from the Favorite Character List of the Person Above You v10 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kunii - Aug 10, 2023

1198 by Ace_2020 »»
8 minutes ago

» What is your anime affinity with the user above ? v2 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KayKimii - Mar 21, 2023

2005 by 5hadow17 »»
8 minutes ago

» Ask the person below you a question. v34 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kunii - Mar 28

1935 by Alriven »»
10 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.