Forum Settings
Forums

Anime in above user's "dropped" list that they should reconsider

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (198) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

Oct 21, 2011 6:31 PM

@kanarii

Dog Days. i'm going to be honest i haven't bothered to watch this series, but if it wasn't too bad for you i'm sure you can give it another chance if you're bored seeing that there's a second season coming around sometime.

Oct 21, 2011 9:22 PM

@ BeYourself
Clannad - I'm not sure how anyone could go 7 episodes into this then drop it (I actually thought the list was glitching and putting me on your "On Hold" list). Anyways it really is a masterpiece, I'm not sure what you hated about it so much but I'm sure it deserves more than a "3" =S I guess if you are the type of guy who hates the romance stuff with an absolute passion I can see that. But you should still give it another shot, its worth it!
D.Gray-man - This definitely has a good story line and character development, plus the plot is constantly developing throughout the series to keep you interested.
Shikabane Hime: Aka - Looking at the types of anime that you gave high ratings to, I'm not sure why you dropped this, give it a few more episodes and I'm sure you'll be laughing at yourself for dropping it =P

Oct 23, 2011 11:32 AM

@ CanAPanda

I'd suggest to not drop Baccano, Berserk, Ghost Hound, Nana, School Rumble, and Samurai 7. Most of the rest is not worthy of time.

Oct 23, 2011 11:51 AM

@RenaPsychoKiller

Really can't disagree with most of them. :-)

Someday, sometime, you might want to give the following another chance . . . or not.

Bartender
Dai-Guard
Hana yori Dango
Mirai Shounen Conan
-animeS - The plural of anime is anime. More than one deer is still deer. There is no damn "s".
-epic |ˈepik| noun•a work portraying heroic deeds/adventures covering an long period of time - adjective • heroic/grand in scale or character
Active Military, Prior Service, and Veteran's Anime Club
http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=25937&time=1299710079

Oct 23, 2011 12:03 PM

@lisnoire:
Weird. You've dropped so many, yet, very few of them are things you could reconsider watching. Had to read your list a few times to get something.
Black★Rock Shooter - it's an OVA. You can finish it. Average stuff doesn't bite.
Kuuchuu Buranko - this is actually very good, but it's not for everyone. I guess it all rest on whether you like the humor and the graphics.
Tegami Bachi - come on. I successfully finished this, even though I scored it lower than you. Never mind.
edit: forgot Nodame Cantabile. That one is really fun to watch. Some moments are absolutely hilarious.
Modified by Motion_Menace, Oct 23, 2011 12:15 PM

Oct 23, 2011 12:06 PM

@Lisnoire: Ah! My Goddess, Ao no Exorcist (I noticed you tagged it as too much like naruto, but it isn't at all like naruto.), D.Gray-man(gets way better after the 6th episode), Karin, Kekkaishi, Nodame Cantabile, One Piece, Soul Eater, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, OH COME ON! You dropped every one of these before they got way better! give animes a chance!

Oct 23, 2011 12:29 PM

Thank you both. I generally get ignored in these threads

@Motion_Menace - Kuuchuu Buranko may get looked at again sometime. The other two you mentioned just had nothing for me.

@dakotasaphire - I generally do give a show at least 4 to 6 eps before dropping it unless it is clear from the start that it is something that just isn't to my taste which, admittedly, is kind of quirky.

I didn't literally mean Ao no Exorcist, is "like" Naruto but rather that it turned typically shounan. It started off great, Satan's son being raised by the church . . . then it turned into a school/must get stronger thing and I bailed. And I really tried with D.Gray-man. Everyone said it gets better after . . . I even dropped in somewhere in the middle and watched several eps. I also took another stab or three at TTGL. The ones you mentioned are all very representative of the kind of shounen that fails to "get to me."

But again, thanks . I really appreciate your time and consideration.
-animeS - The plural of anime is anime. More than one deer is still deer. There is no damn "s".
-epic |ˈepik| noun•a work portraying heroic deeds/adventures covering an long period of time - adjective • heroic/grand in scale or character
Active Military, Prior Service, and Veteran's Anime Club
http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=25937&time=1299710079

Oct 23, 2011 12:34 PM

lisnoire said:

You do?!

@YOU!
Hunter x Hunter
Soul Eater (gets better after episode 17, or something. The pacing it's always slow, though)

Oct 23, 2011 12:35 PM

lisnoire said:

@dakotasaphire - I generally do give a show at least 4 to 6 eps before dropping it unless it is clear from the start that it is something that just isn't to my taste which, admittedly, is kind of quirky.

I didn't literally mean Ao no Exorcist, is "like" Naruto but rather that it turned typically shounan. It started off great, Satan's son being raised by the church . . . then it turned into a school/must get stronger thing and I bailed. And I really tried with D.Gray-man. Everyone said it gets better after . . . I even dropped in somewhere in the middle and watched several eps. I also took another stab or three at TTGL. The ones you mentioned are all very representative of the kind of shounen that fails to "get to me."

But again, thanks . I really appreciate your time and consideration.

Well Blue Exorcist isn't fully shonen, he tries to get stronger to not be weak against satan and to protect his friends. It also doesn't last 500 episodes like one piece. its basically a compact shonen with a more interesting storyline and way more action in each episode.

Oct 23, 2011 12:47 PM

@ dakotasapphire

I'd suggest to keep watching Requiem For The Phantom, Escaflowne, Ranma 1/2, and Full Metal Panic.

Oct 23, 2011 1:00 PM

They missed me. TT
@Rena:
I see you didn't like Aria. I can't understand, but given that you hated the first series, I guess there's no point in giving it another try.
Bartender: Was it boring or something? Was it the fact they were cheapskates when it came to animation? Does it have to do with the setting? I mean, you dropped it with a pretty harsh rating.
FLCL: Guessing you dropped it because it was random. There's something deeper about this story. The show is quite intelligent.
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood: I have no clue why you also hated it. I'm watching this and so far, it's better than the manga. This is one of the greatest shounen ever made.

Modified by Motion_Menace, Oct 23, 2011 1:21 PM

Oct 23, 2011 1:09 PM

@ Motion_Menace

You might want to finish Last Exile, Great Teacher Onizuka, and Devil May Cry.

Oct 23, 2011 2:11 PM

Motion_Menace said:
@lisnoire:
Weird. You've dropped so many, yet, very few of them are things you could reconsider watching. Had to read your list a few times to get something.
Black★Rock Shooter - it's an OVA. You can finish it. Average stuff doesn't bite.
Kuuchuu Buranko - this is actually very good, but it's not for everyone. I guess it all rest on whether you like the humor and the graphics.
Tegami Bachi - come on. I successfully finished this, even though I scored it lower than you. Never mind.
edit: forgot Nodame Cantabile. That one is really fun to watch. Some moments are absolutely hilarious.

^ the beginning of this seemed like a personal challenge for me... so I took a look.
(@ lisnoire)
Ah! My Goddess - Personally I thought this was a wonderful series even if you are a girl and this is probably more geared for guy its worth watching.
Kaze no Stigma - The only really terrible thing I could ever find to say about this series is that the original author died so there will but nothing after it. Other than that 100% worth your time.

@ RenaPsychoKiller
I looked through your list a few times and found nothing that I have seen that you should give another shot. However, I'm quite curious as to why you give a lot of series 6-8 ratings then drop them? Usually shows that I drop in my head I'd give like a 0-4 rating.

@ Motion_Menace
I started this thread to see if people agree with my dropped list as well as to see what other people dropped and be able to comment on it. As the thread evolved it's somewhat become more of me entertaining myself by the comments people like you write on their lists. I love your tag comments! They actually made me laugh out loud a few times =D, as far as your list goes I would have said Nabari no Ou but after reading your personal opinion on it I guess I could agree with you.

Oct 23, 2011 2:14 PM

@ RenaPsychokiller
You should finish FMA: Brotherhood. We have quite different tastes xD But really, fma's really interesting. It gets somewhat slow in the middle but it's really an great anime^^
Cool, cool... but will it blend?

Oct 23, 2011 2:17 PM

@ CanAPanda :

Baccano - The setting didn't really impact whether or not I enjoyed the series, but I can get that some people just don't like it. :U I feel that if you're only 3 episodes away from finishing it then you should try to pick it back up someday.

@ xScHeiZe :

Well, I'm not sure what to say if you only have one thing in your dropped list. Seikon no Qwaser definitely wasn't my cup of tea. I've never liked ecchi and honestly only started the show because I thought that the main character had an interesting design, and of course, I watched the censored version which probably was really lame with all those "subtle" bright lights everywhere. I guess that if you've decided that you don't like the show then there's no need to continue, but I felt that the plot at least got somewhat more interesting as we got further into the series.

Oct 23, 2011 2:20 PM

CanAPanda said:
@ RenaPsychoKiller
I looked through your list a few times and found nothing that I have seen that you should give another shot. However, I'm quite curious as to why you give a lot of series 6-8 ratings then drop them? Usually shows that I drop in my head I'd give like a 0-4 rating.

Oh... I guess I had failed to click on your "dropped" list and was looking at your "currently watching" list... But after reviewing your actual dropped list, I agree with most of them except FLCL, personally I loved this series but I can see how some people may not have a taste for its style.

Oct 23, 2011 2:26 PM

@ xxSaspra
Dance in the Vampire Bund - I feel like a lot of absolute anti-Twilight people drop this series because "vampires + ware-wolfs = twilight" but this isn't really the case. It was a great series that I thoroughly enjoyed I mean seeing a ware-wolf tear some lady's head off is pretty awesome I'd say. Add a bit of romance, a few surprises in the plot and you've got yourself a pretty awesome series.

Oct 23, 2011 3:40 PM

I would definitely reconsider Slayers. Watch it in Japanese. The dub is awful.

Oct 23, 2011 3:41 PM

Death Note

Oct 23, 2011 3:48 PM

@ lord_sesshomaru

The only ones that were bearable for me are Bleach and Trinity Blood.

Lucky Star, One Piece, and Naruto are a waste of time.

Oct 23, 2011 3:49 PM

@ Lord_S; Code Geass. No exceptions. In my opinion one of the most epic, mindblowing anime ever made. I was sceptic first too, but it's worth it.

Oct 23, 2011 3:55 PM

RenaPsychoKiller said:
@ lord_sesshomaru

The only ones that were bearable for me are Bleach and Trinity Blood.

Lucky Star, One Piece, and Naruto are a waste of time.

I guess Lucky Star and Full Metal Alchemist just weren't your cup of tea, but in my opinion FLCL is really great and clever and I can't see why anyone would drop it.

Oct 23, 2011 4:20 PM

@Illisible

First off, Guilty Crown hasn't even had 3 episodes, give it a chance. I'm skeptical about it myself, but stopping before 3 episodes.... reconsider.

Toradora - Saw it a long time ago, gave it a 6. I too don't get why it was as incredible as suggested by some, but I don't think it should have been dropped, it is of fairly reasonable quality/

Oct 23, 2011 4:50 PM

@ Illisible

This is not a discussion thread where you say if you agree or disagree. Especially if you're going to skip someone (twice).

@ InfiniteRyvius

You don't have any anime on hold and only 3 series in your dropped list (which you rated 2). Commenting is rather hard.

To whoever who posts next: I am most likely not going to reconsider any of the anime in my Dropped list, so please, comment on my On-Hold list instead.
Modified by RenaPsychoKiller, Oct 23, 2011 4:53 PM

Oct 23, 2011 6:02 PM

RenaPsychoKiller said:
To whoever who posts next: I am most likely not going to reconsider any of the anime in my Dropped list, so please, comment on my On-Hold list instead.

Yes ma'am!
@ ^her
Onegai Teacher - Pretty cute series, I loved the ending to this, maybe was a bit slow at the point where you are but it speed up.

Oct 23, 2011 6:06 PM

@Renapsychokiller

Noein has a really good sci-fi world and the second half was awesome, so I recommend it. 8)

@Canapanda

Baccano is confusing at times, but the ending resolves everything very well. I'd at least consider watching the rest.
Modified by Adam_R, Oct 23, 2011 6:12 PM

Oct 23, 2011 6:19 PM

@ Adam_R

All of the anime you have dropped seem understandable choices, so I'm commenting on your On-Hold list instead.

The only reason why someone would stop watching Cowboy Bebop is "I don't like episodic series". I'd say, keep watching it, every episode is great and different, and the finale is very intense.

I'd suggest finishing Higurashi too, it's basically the best horror anime out there. But if you're not a horror fan, I can see why you don't like it.

Great Teacher Onizuka is, duh, great, especially compared to the other school comedies, but if you don't like the humour, you don't have to watch it all. The anime doesn't have a satisfying end, sadly.

As for Utena, if you didn't like what you've seen so far, drop it, things won't get any better.

Oct 23, 2011 6:22 PM

Yeah, they're not dropped for a reason.

Oct 24, 2011 8:21 AM

@disney guy above o.o your background is terrorizing

blue exorcist/dantalian no shoka/world god only knows

dunno why the f**k you dropped these but you might wanna reconsider

Oct 24, 2011 8:32 AM

@Kamui-Yui

Spice and Wolf, and Usagi Drop. one of the best romances out there and probably the best anime of last season. i'm guessing you're not in to should i say 'chill' anime. you should give them another try when you calm down.

Oct 24, 2011 8:59 AM

You seem to have only watched 3 episodes of Death Note. Dude. It really picks up after a while.

Also, I would say the second season of Haruhi Suzumiya, but seeing as though you only rated the first season a 5, I don't really think you'd appreciate it nearly as much as I did (Endless Eight was one of my favorite arcs).

Oct 24, 2011 9:11 AM

@RockRichard

Spice and Wolf II and code geass. some of my favorites on your dropped list. =/ didn't seem like you liked them very much though. i suggest you give them another try if you're bored one day.

Oct 24, 2011 10:47 AM

We seem to have some similar tastes, so I really think you should give Honey and Clover or Nodame Cantabile another chance. As a fellow Spice and Wolf fan, I think you'll really love the developments in these titles.

Oct 24, 2011 11:46 AM

@mippa:
Minami-ke

Just personally think it's a funny anime.

And just wondering: why did you drop Death Note while you have a very high ranking?
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!

Oct 24, 2011 12:29 PM

@tsubasalover

Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu. i highly suggest you pick this series back up. yeah, there's a lot of talking and rambling, but it's one of my personal favorites. i don't want you to miss out on good action and character development, enjoy! ;o

Oct 24, 2011 12:49 PM

^

Ghost in the shell. It's a really good series. There is depth, and the quality of animation is good. But if your not into sci-fi stuffs then I guess I leave it up to you.

Oct 24, 2011 1:14 PM

^

ehhh, maybe Allison and Lillia, but I agree with everything else.

Oct 24, 2011 1:17 PM

@punkvolume1

I think you should give another chance to Bakuman, I know it's kinda slow, but it's unique and I think it's worth watching... I also don't think Neo Angelique Abyss is that bad, I mean, it's far from my favourite anime, but it was ok... And I liked Shinrei Tantei Yakumo, I think you should give it another chance... But it's up to you ^^

Oct 24, 2011 1:58 PM

@ Heiwajima_Mayu
I agree with yours, so I can't comment sorry.

@ Leondre
FMA Brotherhood only gets better with time.
You only have one ep' left of 'Dokuro Chan - push threw just to complete it. ;)

Oct 24, 2011 2:22 PM
@rosebrook

I really would consider finishing DN angel. It really is touching.

Oct 24, 2011 2:33 PM

@AnimeLove13
You've only dropped HSD Kenichi, so, since it seems like a shounen that only fans of the genre will be able to enjoy, I say leave it that way.

Oct 24, 2011 4:28 PM

@Tiago97
Can't think of anything from your dropped list, but your "on hold" list, you should pick Hikaru no Go back up. As you can tell from my avvy and sig, I really love this series and I think it only gets better as it goes on.
Also consider giving Oban Star-Racers another shot, it's kinda predictable in some aspects, but it's still quite fun to watch at the very least, and does a good balance between episodic racing and overall story and character development

Oct 24, 2011 5:22 PM

@ Fall
It would help if we knew when during the series that you stopped watching.
But it seems you have made up your mind on a lot of them, so I wouldn't really recommend any of them without further information.

Oct 24, 2011 5:37 PM

@Jaconator

Azumanga Daioh - I thought this was better than Lucky Star, and Osaka is the funniest one out of them. You'll love her if you loved Tsukasa.
Mitsudomoe - I know it's really stupid and perverted, but if you give it a chance you might like it. I didn't think I'd like it when i watched it.

Oct 24, 2011 8:23 PM

@Samurai_

fairy tail. i can see you dropping naruto, one piece, or bleach, but not fairy tail. it's a great show, and there aren't that many fillers either. plus the fillers are even fun to watch so i highly suggest you pick the series back up.

Oct 24, 2011 8:27 PM

@Angel_Beats
Rahxephon, definitely. There are some similarities to NGE, but it's not just NGE+music by any stretch. Also, the animation is good, and Kamina isn't whiny like Shinji.

Oct 24, 2011 8:37 PM

@ FallnKnightFakir(lol)

I'd try giving Stand Alone Complex another go, unless you dropped it only recently. Because it really is a pretty tightly written, good show.

Oct 24, 2011 8:39 PM

@Hias

fairy tail. i can accept the fact if you drop bleach, naruto, or one piece, but fairy tail is one of a kind. the fillers are fun to watch, and there aren't any compared to naruto/bleach's. i hope you pick it up again one day.

Oct 24, 2011 8:51 PM

@Hias
Definitely give Lucky Star another try. It's one of my all-time favorite shows for its hilarious situations and character interactions, and one that I always find myself rewatching from time to time. Unfortunately, the first four episodes you watched really were a drag for a lot of people, with just the constant random conversations with not much happening - which is why they switched directors starting on the 5th episode, where things start to pick up. From there on, it's fantastic.

Oct 24, 2011 9:29 PM

@Knil

D-grayman- I see you dropped the show at episode 51. That is the worst time to drop it because the show gets much better after. Most of the stuff before episode 51 was filler.

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (198) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »