Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 27, 2008 2:02 PM

May 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Alright..my thoughts on the series as a whole. I thought this series was great fun. I was originally thinking I was going to give this series an 8/10...but then the Buu saga happened. From around episode 195 to 286, in my opinion, it was terrible..and I don't really find it fair to rate it that high when close to a third of the series sucked.

Great and nostalgic series, but they should've just ended it with the Cell saga.
Final Score - 7/10
LunaDec 6, 2013 4:22 AM
Jul 22, 2010 11:41 PM

Jul 2009
Gotta agree, Cell saga was the better suited ending, but not only I love Fat Buu as a villain, but I always loved to know the Z fighters life as a normal citizen. They also did have to follow the manga completely anyways.

I keep an 8/10 mark on it, it's what built up my childhood after all =)
May 24, 2012 10:38 AM

Nov 2007
So much bromance >.<
Nov 26, 2013 11:30 AM

May 2012
Oh it was just so lovely to see Goku that happy! And well it ended quite lovely with an open ending so I really wonder what that Oob kid will be like when he grows up under the training of Goku! Poor ChiChi though but well he's Goku after all!

The whole series was quite lovely especially when you've seen the japanese version of it! I pretty much enjoyed the whole development of both story and really enjoyed the character development in this season!

I'm going to watch the specials and ova's first to then go to the movies and then go to GT but will eventually cross Kai as well just to give me the good DBZ feeling again!

An overall awesome anime 9/10!
Dec 16, 2013 1:55 PM
Sep 2010
I really enjoyed the series. It was entertaining. Goku is quite the character. I feel a bit bad for ChiChi though, Goku is always leaving her.

Now about to start GT.
Uploader53
Dec 17, 2013 3:53 PM
Oct 2013
Uploader53 said:
I really enjoyed the series. It was entertaining. Goku is quite the character. I feel a bit bad for ChiChi though, Goku is always leaving her.

Now about to start GT.

mate don't expect much from dbgt, you'll be disappointment (also its not really in canon with the actual story anymore since the creator made battle of gods)
Jan 10, 2014 8:14 AM

Jun 2009
Ahhh. Uub. Such potential, such untapped potential. If there's one person alive who is capable of tapping it, it's Goku.

It's great to finally be able to say that I have watched every single episode of Dragon Ball Z. Up until now I have only watched smatterings of it. Portions, not every single episode. I now have the complete story, filler included. It was so good to relive my childhood and now that it is over, I'm kind of sad. That being said, I've never liked the way DBZ ended. Or, at least, the way Goku just left his family and friends hanging like that. He could have handled the whole situation better. But, alas, there's nothing that can be done about it now. Anyway, time for me to go watch movie #13 and all the specials and OVAs. And then on to GT. I still have a little bit of the Dragon Ball legend left, that's good news to me.

Feb 25, 2014 8:47 AM
Nov 2013
Pokedude97 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
Alright..my thoughts on the series as a whole. I thought this series was great fun. I was originally thinking I was going to give this series an 8/10...but then the Buu saga happened. From around episode 195 to 286, in my opinion, it was terrible..and I don't really find it fair to rate it that high when close to a third of the series sucked.

Great and nostalgic series, but they should've just ended it with the Cell saga.
Final Score - 7/10

Yeah, have to agree with you. It should've ended with the Cell saga but this serie really have me a good laugh. I'm going to miss watching Dragon Ball Z
Mar 10, 2014 7:00 AM

Jan 2013
Really great to finally see DBZ, just as Tyestor
Tyestor said:
It's great to finally be able to say that I have watched every single episode of Dragon Ball Z. Up until now I have only watched smatterings of it. Portions, not every single episode. I now have the complete story, filler included. It was so good to relive my childhood and now that it is over, I'm kind of sad.
I feel the same.

Time for a break from DB then sometime continue with DB GT and Kai.
Sep 11, 2014 7:18 PM

Oct 2009
Blackblitz2013 said:
mate don't expect much from dbgt, you'll be disappointment

CosmicWaves said:
GT, which I do not have high hopes for since I have heard numinous comments that it sucks.

At least the first episode of the next season promises to be interesting. First of all, there's Pilaf! I already lost any hope to see him again. Also, they will be hunting Dragon Balls. So I just hope there will be a lot of episodes with adventures, light mood and slice of life, and less of fighting with "bosses"
Aug 12, 2015 11:37 AM

May 2015
this was a great trip down memory lane well next is GT and then Dragon ball Super if i have to choose between the different sagas i Would say the cell saga is my favourite
Oct 30, 2015 3:18 PM

Aug 2014
I never actually saw DB or DBZ before I decided to watch it through, gotta admit I loved the action, but not this much pointless drawing of nothingness. Mr. Satan is just the character that is beyond the most ridiculous thing you could imagine. And yet you kinda like the way things turned out.

I feel bad for scrolling through the boring parts, but definitely not for giving it a shot.
Feb 17, 2016 2:49 PM

Jun 2009
I finally finished rewatching it.
Overall, I love Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z. I've watched them as a child, and all that.
Still, I got bored during some episodes, which I think is normal considering there are 291 of them.

And oh god, I never thought I could dislike a character this much. Mr. Satan annoyed me almost every time he appeared. I used "almost" as I enjoyed far too much scenes where he got punched.

Also, I don't feel like I got closure with this anime. I mean, I think that was the whole point of the few last episodes. To show that everyone's okay, they continue with their lives and all that. And that should be the end.
I would've like it better without Goku going to train Oob.

8/10
I like pancakes.
May 23, 2016 10:59 PM

May 2016
I watched DBZ on Toonami as a teenager, and I only remember them showing up to the end of the Cell saga.

So, as an adult, I had never seen all of DBZ... UNTIL NOW.

Just finished the last episode and I have one thing to ask, about Uub...

Aside from that, great series, and honestly one of my favorites of all time ever.
"Pretty easy work, for a god." ~ Freya - Valkyrie Profile

May 24, 2016 3:41 AM

Mar 2014
Glaucus01 said:
I watched DBZ on Toonami as a teenager, and I only remember them showing up to the end of the Cell saga.

Aside from that, great series, and honestly one of my favorites of all time ever.

If you just finished Z and do watch Super, you should know that Uub is still in his village being a weak toddler.
May 24, 2016 5:16 AM

May 2016
ziggy_Z said:
Glaucus01 said:

If you just finished Z and do watch Super, you should know that Uub is still in his village being a weak toddler.

Ohh... So, wait, DBS takes place during that 10 year period?

Sorry for just getting into that conversation but that seems a little odd, haha.
"Pretty easy work, for a god." ~ Freya - Valkyrie Profile

Aug 9, 2016 10:45 AM

Aug 2013
Love the series overall and I've come to like this ending as well, discounting GT GT Goku leaving with Uub to train, just seems like a fitting end to the series, the adventure continues type feeling and especially with the closing narration in the manga that "With guys like these everything will be okay".
Sep 8, 2016 2:15 PM

Feb 2016
Lol, what a way to go off Goku. Fights in the tournament, abolishes the ring and then takes off to Train Uub like that.

Bit disappointed that they still didn't name Bulma and Vegeta's new kid... they just showcase her a few times throughout these last 3 episodes but no name is stated... guess it's off to google for me.

“Don’t just mindlessly judge people as you please.” – Rin Okumura
“Your past shouldn’t stop you from achieving your goals and dreams.” – Rin Okumura
Oct 21, 2016 10:14 PM

Sep 2013
Serhiyko said:
Blackblitz2013 said:

CosmicWaves said:
GT, which I do not have high hopes for since I have heard numinous comments that it sucks.

At least the first episode of the next season promises to be interesting. First of all, there's Pilaf! I already lost any hope to see him again. Also, they will be hunting Dragon Balls. So I just hope there will be a lot of episodes with adventures, light mood and slice of life, and less of fighting with "bosses"

Gotta agree. The original Dragon Ball is still my favorite. The quests they went on for the Dragon Balls were so much fun...I really miss those days!

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Oct 29, 2016 3:37 AM

May 2011
Blackblitz2013 said:

CosmicWaves said:

No way, it's an awesome sci-fi saga... you might not like robots, but many do, and most are even more 'realistic' than the androids in Z. Hopping from planet to planet is so fun too, so many surprises... I can barely remember my emotions for Z, but GT always seemed so futuristic.
SeyfertOct 29, 2016 3:44 AM
Feb 2, 2017 2:04 PM

Apr 2012
GT is irrelevant.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Nov 23, 2017 1:55 PM
Jul 2018
kind of disappointing ending tbh, i was expecting these last 3-4 episodes to be family oriented and send us off, definitely not with a tournament.

1/5 childhood anime completed.
May 11, 2019 3:05 PM

Apr 2019
Loved every bit of dragon ball, the ending was a bit rushed and sudden but it was still good :)

Now onto dragon ball super!
Nov 19, 2019 3:20 PM

Oct 2016
Too bad we'll never get the best possible DBZ sequel, the route Boruto took: the saga continuing with the original Z Warriors kids -- Pan, Bulla, Maron, Goten, Trunks and even Uub -- as the new protectors of Earth. So much untapped potential, it seems that people like Goku too much to this to ever happen...
Dec 26, 2019 12:58 PM
Mar 2019
I think the original Dragon Ball is the best series I've ever watched. And Z is the most epic series ever. I love Akira Toriyama for his special creations. 10/10 for me.
I'm skipping DBS however. From all that I've read and researched, it seems pointless it was ever made.
Nov 30, 2020 1:40 PM

Jan 2015
Just finished rewatching my favourite anime ever and it was a great ride. Dragon Ball is part of me since I remember my existence. And it will forever be.
Jan 20, 2021 8:33 AM

Nov 2018
I'm never doing this again lmao. 3 months of half-putting it off and I finally reach the end. At least I can say I've seen DB and DBZ now, now it's time to move onto GT then Kai then Super (after I've seen all the movies and specials.)

Definitely gonna take a couple months off from this series.

My current goal is to revamp all the character details for High School DxD and have all the characters included in the DB.
MAL Badges is back bitches! Check the club for more info
Please show your love for my Kiss x Sis manga review here. It will only take you 2 minutes of your time 🙏🙏
Jan 21, 2021 4:31 PM
Jul 2018
just finished this and tbh it was boring up until the cell saga and got even worse after it. overall 3/10. the animes pacing is just too damn slow
Feb 24, 2021 6:25 PM

Feb 2014
Pokedude97 said:

Final Score - 7/10

It was a 7 for me but the Buu Saga really brought it down to a 6, I did think it was good overall and yeah agreed the Buu Saga sucked so damn bad, hated it tbh...
And also I am one of those few ppl who didn't watch this as a child and therefore has no nostalgic factor so I guess thats why its a 6 from me...
personally I think the original Dragon Ball is so much better than DBZ, that was a 9/10 for me (even though I've never watched it as a child too). I really loved Goku as a kid, nothing beats that for me and it was not filled all these power ups and shit... simpler, funnier and yeah I loved that! DBZ was decent until cell I think, there were some boring eps here and there etc but it was good overall, though the pacing was trash and only got worse after Buu. And Gohan when he was young was fucking amazing to watch fight, esp him against Cell. Anyway finally done with this shit lol, dragged out watching for soo long, I started watching DBZ in 2015... damn... I watched it until 2016 and then put it on hold and resumed in early 2020 but dragged it all the way to now to finish it... ffs lol, the time I stopped back then was at the end of the cell saga, people told that buu is so shit and they were right lol!
If you don't like me, acquire some taste
Sep 7, 2021 11:33 AM
Jul 2020
What a great ride it's been
Apr 17, 2022 1:05 AM

Sep 2021
Done for the nth time.
This franchise is one of my childhood memories that built my love for anime.

Thank you dragon ball! 💙
Jun 29, 2022 2:22 AM
Jul 2018
This anime just shouldn't exist... It's too powerful for our world (and judging by the average rating, it's also underrated).
A holistic and detailed narrative, an interesting world, a smart story with a non-trivial message, REALLY detailed characters, the continuity of arcs and plots without sweeping silent rewriting of events in the course of the play - this is all about Dragon Ball. And Goku is undoubtedly the best shounen protagonist.
Without further ado: not only the best shonen, but also the best anime series in general. It would be a mistake to give 10/10 if this series is better than the masterpiece.
11/10
Aug 11, 2022 9:58 AM
Aug 2022
Dragon Ball Z is one of those special gems you find when searching far and wide for something beautiful, and friends, this one is beauty. Dragon Ball Z has been with me since 2nd grade and I've adored every second of every hour just binging and enjoying the wonderful animation, to the heartfelt wholesome moments that made me feel human. Not only will I say dragon ball as a whole has impacted me, in a wonderful and awesome way, but I'll go as far to say it taught me a lot of lessons and has been there by my side day by day. Here's to the next generation hopefully finding this anime and spreading it amongst themselves, Thank you so much Akira Toriyama!
Aug 13, 2022 11:21 AM
Aug 2022
MY FAVOURITE ANIME EVER
Aug 27, 2022 7:28 AM
Sep 2019
Like, the end of dragon ball Z was dissapointing, nevím proč prostě Goku zas opustil rodinu, moc jsem si to neužil, ale fight s Majin Booem byl magnificent
Sep 9, 2022 4:16 AM
Sep 2022
It was good I loved it cant wait to see GT and super
Sep 25, 2022 3:17 PM
Sep 2022
xddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd
Oct 11, 2022 10:34 PM
Jun 2020
I can watch the falconer score any day of the week
Dec 4, 2022 2:33 AM

Nov 2020
So this was it, huh? It was a very fun ride on this anime! Well, time to watch Super!

Mar 15, 2023 3:44 AM
Oct 2011
By this point I just wanted it to be over
Mar 19, 2023 6:31 PM
Mar 2023
Amei! nem adianta vai semppre ser a melhor obra!
Mar 20, 2023 5:31 PM
Mar 2021
Aquí acaba el anime más icónico de la historia es imposible no llenarse de tristeza al ver a Goku y Ub partir
Aug 28, 2023 3:54 PM
Dec 2022
The watch order is Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z (until the end of the buu arc) and then Dragon Ball Super.
Feb 25, 2:43 AM
Jan 2021
goku super saiyan. hes saying what tho??? krillin da goat. uhhhh........
Mar 26, 8:48 AM
Feb 2024
pretty good and entertaining
Apr 2, 2:49 AM
Jan 2024
What a great way to end the series! I set up everything to have the most amazing final episode viewing. Got my Brisk drink, a peanut butter sandwich, and turned of all the lights but the mood ones to see it. Was not disappointed. Can't wait to start Super later today! Probably will finish with Super and maybe watch the Broly movie. Definetely don't want to mess up my enjoyment of Super by having to do mental gymnastics to fit GT into the canon. Overall, 11/10, will watch again!
Apr 21, 9:09 AM
Feb 2023
story was decent and the fighting was insane

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dragon Ball Z Episode 12 Discussion

Yokurama - Feb 13, 2008

15 by Dumb »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Dragon Ball Z Episode 230 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Nov 24, 2013

12 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 19, 8:41 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Z Episode 227 Discussion

10 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 18, 4:12 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Z Episode 226 Discussion

11 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 18, 3:32 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Z Episode 225 Discussion

9 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 18, 3:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.