Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 17, 2011 6:42 PM

Apr 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Vegeta kills Nappa. I forgot how he died lol. I just always assumed Goku killed him.
LunaDec 6, 2013 5:24 AM

May 18, 2013 8:58 PM

Feb 2013
Nah, you'll notice in this series Goku doesn't often kill his opponents with the exception of a few, atm I can only think of 2 enemies that he actually kills in this entire series and in both those situations he really didn't have any other choice..heh. Hes just a nice guy like that.

But yeah now its time for the awesome Vegeta vs Goku fight, one of my favorites =D.
Shape430May 18, 2013 9:06 PM
Nov 16, 2013 3:14 PM

May 2012
Okey Nappa has been done for and well it's now one on one so this can get quite interesting!
Dec 7, 2013 6:59 PM
Jun 10, 2014 9:21 PM

Jul 2008
Shape430 said:
Nah, you'll notice in this series Goku doesn't often kill his opponents with the exception of a few, atm I can only think of 2 enemies that he actually kills in this entire series and in both those situations he really didn't have any other choice..heh. Hes just a nice guy like that.

dunno what u were watching but Goku has killed hundreds of people when he was a kid
After I Crush Your Dreams......
Your Bones Will Follow......
Jun 24, 2015 1:55 PM

Feb 2014
Wow, Vegeta is ruthless, he killed Nappa!
Come on Goku!!
If you don't like me, acquire some taste
Dec 6, 2015 11:06 AM

Apr 2014
Son Goku defeated Nappa and Vegeta killed Nappa. Now it's time for Son Goku vs. Vegeta!
Jan 5, 2016 1:29 AM

Dec 2015
Saiyan battles is what causes global warming! Look at all that crap produced when Vegeta killed Nappa!

Better luck next time Gohan.
Jan 17, 2016 8:03 PM

Aug 2013
Vegeta's so ruthless disposing of Nappa like he's a toaster that's busted.
May 23, 2016 9:14 PM

Feb 2016
Woah woah... Gohan can suddenly fly?

I thought he didn't learn to fly yet... during training with Piccolo he never flew. Like that time he fell off the cliff and was begging Piccolo for help. He ended up climbing up.

Even during the fights with Nappa, he was always grounded...

Now just all of a sudden they have like a family reunion in the air? (Goku, Krillin, Gohan)

:[

“Don’t just mindlessly judge people as you please.” – Rin Okumura
“Your past shouldn’t stop you from achieving your goals and dreams.” – Rin Okumura
Aug 5, 2016 11:25 PM

Feb 2013

dunno what u were watching but Goku has killed hundreds of people when he was a kid

I was watching this show, DBZ. You know, the Anime this discussion thread is actually about? Not Dragon Ball :).

RyanEsau said:
Woah woah... Gohan can suddenly fly?

I thought he didn't learn to fly yet... during training with Piccolo he never flew. Like that time he fell off the cliff and was begging Piccolo for help. He ended up climbing up.

Even during the fights with Nappa, he was always grounded...

Now just all of a sudden they have like a family reunion in the air? (Goku, Krillin, Gohan)

:[

It's not really unrealistic to assume Piccolo taught him how to fly off screen. I mean he said he taught him everything he knows, Id assume flying would be one of those things.
Shape430Aug 5, 2016 11:59 PM
Aug 6, 2016 2:39 PM

Feb 2016
Shape430 said:

It's not really unrealistic to assume Piccolo taught him how to fly off screen. I mean he said he taught him everything he knows, Id assume flying would be one of those things.

Then I would of imagined he would of flew at some point before if he did learn, like during their last training session. Just seeing him suddenly fly was a bit shocking to me. I get their is typically time skip and suchs but this was still a bit out of the blue for me. Far as we knew he still couldn't fly, then it's like next episode here he is floating in the air with friends...

“Don’t just mindlessly judge people as you please.” – Rin Okumura
“Your past shouldn’t stop you from achieving your goals and dreams.” – Rin Okumura
Aug 8, 2016 8:18 AM

Feb 2013
RyanEsau said:
Shape430 said:

Then I would of imagined he would of flew at some point before if he did learn, like during their last training session. Just seeing him suddenly fly was a bit shocking to me. I get their is typically time skip and suchs but this was still a bit out of the blue for me. Far as we knew he still couldn't fly, then it's like next episode here he is floating in the air with friends...

Sure, I won't argue it would have been better if they had shown him flying during his training session at some point, or at least had Piccolo mention teaching it to him. But I guess Toriyama didn't really think about that, so I'll just use my imagination =p.
May 1, 2018 1:40 PM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
so vegeta killed nappa until know they didnt do anything great

Sep 14, 2018 4:22 AM

Jul 2008
Bye Nappa, you damn half-wit.
Oct 23, 2019 11:37 AM
Oct 2019
Oh man what an episode. Goku blocking Nappa's attacks and blowing everyone's mind. The scene of all the fallen warriors. Nappa's eyes bugging out before he's obliterated. So good
Nov 19, 2019 1:29 AM

Mar 2010
Same as thread opener, I couldnt remember who killed Nappa, now I know again. Also its funny how some scenes are branded in your mind from the past, example when Goku hold the defeated Nappa up. It's kinda weird to see this after ~15 years or more.

About the flying of Gohan, was there an explanation in the manga? I have all 42 volumes but simply cant remember at all. Otherwise I agree with Ryan here, it just came too sudden like from one second to another.
Mar 14, 2020 6:07 PM
Jan 2020
vegeta killing nappa was a bit of a stupid move. now there are only 3 saiyans in existence, two of which are actively working AGAINST vegeta
he better be damn powerful if he's confident about taking on goku without nappa
Jul 9, 2020 10:58 PM
Jul 2018
Nappa's death was very much satisfying. While I would have preferred if Goku was the one who does him in, the look of pure despair in Nappa's face when Vegeta hit him with a mighty energy blast was a satisfying conclusion. Goku proved his point as to who the stronger one was to Nappa, regardless of how blind sighting Nappa's arrogance is.

Still, Vegeta's betrayal does pose a question for me. What Vegeta did could be amounted to extinguishing his race even further down. Now the only known Saiyans are just three. That's not a very ideal situation to be in for a prideful race. And, instead of using planets as some profit, shouldn't they try to revive the Saiyan blood by breeding with the life forms of a particular planet? Or are half-breeds considered to be sullied?

I guess the final showdown between Goku and Vegeta is underway. This is going to pretty intense.
Sep 27, 2020 12:53 PM
May 2019
Oh my, Vegeta really killed Nappa just like that - shows just how powerful he is. Well, Nappa was unlikeable already from the beginning, glad to finally see his demise. Vegeta, however, I sense will be even a more fearful opponent. This sure is going to be an interesting battle. I believe they, later on, will have to go to planet Namek in order to obtain even more powerful dragon balls. Of course, I could be wrong about that.
Mar 22, 2021 11:03 AM

Oct 2020
Nappa was annihilated by Vegeta. What could be better than this. Hopefully Krillian understood what Goku meant. So now there is going to be a disastrous battle. Hope Goku defeats him. Vegeta is powerful enough.

Nappa was really a disgrace.
Mar 19, 2023 6:29 PM
Mar 2023
Nem adianta vai sempre ser o melhor
Nov 12, 2023 5:01 PM

Jul 2021
nappa got destroyed by goku then annihilated by vegeta cya.

Nov 22, 2023 2:04 PM
Nov 2020
Kinda sad they did nappa like that

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dragon Ball Z Episode 117 Discussion

KitaTsuki - May 13, 2013

17 by GeoRush »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Dragon Ball Z Episode 12 Discussion

Yokurama - Feb 13, 2008

15 by Dumb »»
Today, 1:06 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Z Episode 291 Discussion

Pokedude97 - Jul 27, 2008

46 by satyabrata900 »»
Apr 21, 9:09 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Z Episode 230 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Nov 24, 2013

12 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 19, 8:41 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Z Episode 227 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Nov 24, 2013

10 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 18, 4:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.