recommend me anything!

Oct 17, 2013 1:03 AM

DistantTraces said:
Shannah67 said:
I made my first design. I hope I did it right >.<

PS
I have an AnoHana profile design for adopt

It's really good for a first attempt~!
However, I think some of the images on the left hand side aren't very good quality (particularly Kogami and guy-with-glasses-can't-remember-his-name-anymore) which ruins it a bit for me.
I also kinda find the text for 'Division 1' and 'Criminal Profile' hard to read. I would use a different style.

(I had a look at the AnoHana design and it is absolutely adorable. Just wondering, did you make that one too? O.o)

bless your soul for the critics
I'll try and do better next time

oh, yes, I made that also. Thank you ( //// v //// )
lmfao

Oct 19, 2013 10:05 AM

Made a chalkboard design profile

Oct 19, 2013 10:46 AM

busydude said:

The idea is nifty, although I find the KWMS gif quality a bit distracting...Still, good job :)

Oct 19, 2013 10:52 AM

Giriene said:
busydude said:

The idea is nifty, although I find the KWMS gif quality a bit distracting...Still, good job :)

Thanks! ^^
And I notice D: Shrinking and converting made the quality bad... :/ will try to make it better quality ^^

Nov 4, 2013 8:18 PM

Changed mine >_< Crits appreciated~
It's an Ookiku Furikabutte theme.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

watch nodame cantabile

recommend me anything!

Nov 7, 2013 7:59 AM

i think it has potential.
Possibly gif resizing so it's not just a line of gifs, it's unappealing to see half the time >.<
i'm not particularly a Sports anime fan but i do watch them sometimes.

Nov 7, 2013 11:30 AM

mayukachan said:
Changed mine >_< Crits appreciated~
It's an Ookiku Furikabutte theme.

It's really cute. It's simple, but I love it. xD
I agree with Misfy on the gifs. I would spoiler them or make them smaller.
Also, I think the font used for the listing is a bit too big/bold. I would choose a thinner or smaller one.

^ *prays for the day BBCode allows images again*

Nov 7, 2013 3:15 PM

Thanks for the tips! :)

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

watch nodame cantabile

recommend me anything!

Nov 9, 2013 1:52 PM
Updated. Feedback?

Nov 9, 2013 3:20 PM

Wanna_B said:
Updated. Feedback?

Font is a bit hard to read (too light). The fancy picture frames stand out a bit too much. Otherwise, great.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

watch nodame cantabile

recommend me anything!

Nov 9, 2013 4:11 PM

I wanna create a profile full of graphics and stuff, but how to do that? Any guide?

Nov 9, 2013 4:15 PM

Wanna_B said:
Updated. Feedback?
I disagree with mayukachan. I think the font is legible easily ^^. If the text were any more concrete, and it would ruin the flow with the layout :P
I really like it!

Nov 9, 2013 4:24 PM

Wow, thanks for advice... (irony)

Nov 9, 2013 4:25 PM

lupadim said:
I'm sorry, but I can't give you any advice, as I'm not really good at making them myself OTL. I can give feedback on graphics in general though :(

Nov 9, 2013 4:26 PM

lupadim said:
The best way to do it is to just start with something you love and try to design it. I love making profiles but when I started I just looked at a lot of peoples for inspiration. Then crafted my own style. Most importantly is to make something you love. The profile I recently re-uploaded is my favorite. I just love it~

Where there is no imagination there is no horror. || Arthur Conan Doyle || Happy Halloween!

Nov 10, 2013 11:49 AM

Suzune-chan said:
lupadim said:
The best way to do it is to just start with something you love and try to design it. I love making profiles but when I started I just looked at a lot of peoples for inspiration. Then crafted my own style. Most importantly is to make something you love. The profile I recently re-uploaded is my favorite. I just love it~
I don't mean that. I mean, what software do everyone use? How can some people create buttons inside the images?

Nov 10, 2013 11:59 AM

lupadim said:
I don't mean that. I mean, what software do everyone use? How can some people create buttons inside the images?

Most use photoshop. If you created your layout, you can use the slice tool to slice it up as you want (though there are some restrictions in order for it to work) and puzzle it back together to create links (buttons) inside your layout.

I don't know if that's possible with gimp though, but I'm positive it is.

Nov 10, 2013 12:14 PM

GIMP can do anything PS can, excluding color modes, but who needs that if it's just for internet graphics?

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

watch nodame cantabile

recommend me anything!

Nov 10, 2013 1:14 PM

mayukachan said:
GIMP can do anything PS can, excluding color modes, but who needs that if it's just for internet graphics?
I tried gimp, personally I think photoshop is easier to manage. Has more functions too.

Nov 10, 2013 1:18 PM

Shuryukan said:
mayukachan said:
I tried gimp, personally I think photoshop is easier to manage. Has more functions too.

Agreed.

Nov 10, 2013 1:35 PM

SquChan said:
Shuryukan said:
mayukachan said:

Agreed.

Depends on the program you start with. I find GIMP is easier for beginners. As for functions, GIMP has many alternatives and is open source too which means there's a lot more features than PS.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

watch nodame cantabile

recommend me anything!

Nov 10, 2013 1:53 PM

mayukachan said:
Depends on the program you start with. I find GIMP is easier for beginners. As for functions, GIMP has many alternatives and is open source too which means there's a lot more features than PS.

Not really. It rather depends on the user. I for example tried out gimp, but I found it kinda sucked, function-wise and got myself Photoshop instead. It was hard too, but it was a lot easier to learn for me. I found many people here use photoshop, so I guess they are the same, but there are still others who prefer gimp cause they can work with it better or never tried photoshop, which is both completely okay. I don't think it can be decided whether photoshop or gimp is better in any way. One just has to try out for themselves.

And about the features. I doubt that anyone even uses 50% of all possible features of both programs, cause I know at least of photoshop has countless, so it really only matters to real pro designers who use the last bit of what a designing program has to offer. And I'm sure none of us is a pro in any way.

Nov 10, 2013 2:32 PM

SquChan said:
Shuryukan said:
mayukachan said:

Agreed.
And where can I find tutorials that are effective for that kind of thing? (creating layouts/IG)

All I am finding is crappy tutorials that are very limited (how to create a light source, etc)

Nov 10, 2013 2:47 PM

lupadim said:
And where can I find tutorials that are effective for that kind of thing? (creating layouts/IG)

All I am finding is crappy tutorials that are very limited (how to create a light source, etc)

I don't think there are any tutorials about how to make MAL layouts. I think you should look in the best profile design threads and pick out some people with good layouts and simply ask them to give you some tips. Or just look at their layouts and try it out yourself.

That's the best advice I can give you.

Nov 11, 2013 12:48 PM

i've always tried to make a graphic layout for my profile but i could never make them exactly as i wanted so i always trashed them,One day i might just make one and NOT trash it lol.So temporarily till that day comes i edited my profile as it is now.

Any Constructive crits, or advice on what i can add and such?

(i do have more to add to each of my tabs though)

Much appreciated :)

Nov 11, 2013 4:38 PM

lupadim said:
SquChan said:
Shuryukan said:
mayukachan said:

Agreed.

Pretty much self taught myself.

Play around with the program, and get used to it.. that's how I got started.

Nov 12, 2013 9:48 AM

I am still clueless about creating a profile design. I got photoshop but no idea how to use it (tried to play around with it, accomplished absolutely nothing)

I will never be a designer. I've been trying to render Firo (my avatar character) it has been like 2 hours and no results
Modified by lupadim, Nov 12, 2013 10:35 AM

Nov 12, 2013 12:03 PM

lupadim said:
I am still clueless about creating a profile design. I got photoshop but no idea how to use it (tried to play around with it, accomplished absolutely nothing)

I will never be a designer. I've been trying to render Firo (my avatar character) it has been like 2 hours and no results

Then try harder and stop saying things like "I will never be a designer'. If you really want to do this, then you can someday, if you keep it up and practice.

If not, well then just stop and leave it to the people who can do it.

Nov 12, 2013 12:10 PM

lupadim said:

Check on YouTube.

Nov 12, 2013 3:53 PM

busydude said:
lupadim said:

Check on YouTube.

Also, DA(deviantart) and google some tutorials that are in the form of blog posts.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

watch nodame cantabile

recommend me anything!

Nov 13, 2013 7:11 AM

The problem is, I don't know WHAT to search for. Everytime I search for photoshop tutorials, all I find is things like "How to type with a cool fire texture", or things like that. I wanna learn how to create a MAL profile.

Nov 13, 2013 7:12 AM

Seems like someone ignored my post completely. lol

Nov 13, 2013 9:02 AM

This is what I got so far: http://prntscr.com/23w9ae
What else could I add to make it better? Hmm.

Edit: OK, I updated my profile :3
Modified by lupadim, Nov 13, 2013 9:23 AM

Nov 13, 2013 11:31 AM

lupadim said:

Make width 650 to 690 pixels?
Add more stuff?

Nov 13, 2013 12:05 PM

busydude said:
lupadim said:

Add more stuff?

Me: What else could I add?
Busydude: add more stuff

Wow.

Nov 13, 2013 12:12 PM

lupadim said:
busydude said:
lupadim said:

Add more stuff?

Wow.

Well what kind of theme is it? Be more specific?
Add a little bio, your favorite characters, anime.. etc?

Nov 13, 2013 12:23 PM

busydude said:
lupadim said:
busydude said:
lupadim said:

Add more stuff?

Wow.

Well what kind of theme is it? Be more specific?
Add a little bio, your favorite characters, anime.. etc?
Too lazy for that. I improved it, check my profile to see how it is.

Its like 1000x better than the screenshot

Nov 13, 2013 12:47 PM

Gave it a shot... any feedback would be nice ^-^/

I usually worked with transparent sigs in a different forum, but I hope to improve on making solid graphics...(is that what you call them?)

Edit: oh, how do you add links? like for my navigation page... i added that, but i actually have no idea how to link them...

Nov 13, 2013 12:59 PM

Shuryukan said:

I usually worked with transparent sigs in a different forum, but I hope to improve on making solid graphics...(is that what you call them?)

Edit: oh, how do you add links? like for my navigation page... i added that, but i actually have no idea how to link them...
where did you learnt to do all that omfg wtf .

Nov 13, 2013 1:02 PM

lupadim said:
where did you learnt to do all that omfg wtf .
uhh.. well I've been doing photoshop for a few years o.o I also took graphics classes in my high school years.

I usually work with transparent designs, so I'm still new at this. you just have to practice ^-^

Nov 13, 2013 1:41 PM

Shuryukan said:

Can't believe it's your first profile layout
It looks really nice :o

Nov 13, 2013 10:00 PM

Misfy said:
i've always tried to make a graphic layout for my profile but i could never make them exactly as i wanted so i always trashed them,One day i might just make one and NOT trash it lol.So temporarily till that day comes i edited my profile as it is now.

Could i get any feedback yet :p

Nov 14, 2013 1:06 AM

Misfy said:
Misfy said:

I can't read the thing, it is way too hard to read.

Nov 14, 2013 8:28 AM

lupadim said:
Misfy said:
Misfy said:

Alright, well that was meant to be changed.Was gonna leave it till i fully decide to make a real layout.But other then that, anything else?

Nov 14, 2013 12:43 PM

Misfy said:
lupadim said:
Misfy said:
Misfy said:

Alright, well that was meant to be changed.Was gonna leave it till i fully decide to make a real layout.But other then that, anything else?

More pictures? :o

Nov 16, 2013 4:23 PM

I added stuff to mine...still don't know how to add links tho : (

Nov 16, 2013 5:25 PM

Shuryukan said:

Separate the images into smaller blocks and then, upload separately. After, paste the codes right after one another.
As for yours, it'd be
- Header
- About Me/Nav section split into four rows (Yes, combine the about me and nav)
- Everything below that

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

watch nodame cantabile

recommend me anything!

Nov 16, 2013 6:36 PM

mayukachan said:
Shuryukan said:

Separate the images into smaller blocks and then, upload separately. After, paste the codes right after one another.
As for yours, it'd be
- Header
- About Me/Nav section split into four rows (Yes, combine the about me and nav)
- Everything below that
I probably won't be able to add links to this one then since that same row I was going to do a gif ><

But thank you!

Pages (95) « First ... « 83 84 [85] 86 87 » ... Last »