Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 8, 2007 10:21 PM
Aug 2007
Wherein anybody can post any question pertaining to the world of Claymore...

Posters should also explain/ justify their answer.

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Aug 11, 2007 12:48 PM

May 2007
Why does chicks play the main role in this anime?
Aug 11, 2007 12:53 PM
Jun 2007
Why not?
Aug 11, 2007 1:41 PM

Jul 2007
Devil said:

Chicks in tight clothes > boys in tight clothes.

Imagine Raki in tight Claymore uniform and you will suddenly understand why mangaka chose GIRLS as main characters ;)
Aug 11, 2007 1:57 PM

Mar 2007
Devil said:

somone should slap you :3

Blond elfish lookin chicks killing ugly ass monsters will always win ^_^ Now leave me alone in reading my Claymore Doujinshi ^_^

"What happens when we die?" I know that the ones who love us will miss us.
Aug 11, 2007 2:30 PM

Feb 2005
Ranivus said:
Now leave me alone in reading my Claymore Doujinshi ^_^

What!! Where did you find that!! D:
Uh...I mean...
That certainly sounds...Uh...interesting...
Aug 11, 2007 2:35 PM
Aug 2007
Being a guy, this is like the swimsuit edition of mangas. It's definitely a guy thing and that's how Yagi-san sells his product. I cant seriously imagine Claymores being dudes. I understand your semi-chauvinistic question, though.

What's not to like about hot blondes wearing skin tight unis killing demons and saving humans?

PS good start...I was PRAYING for questions like: Why is Raki still freakin alive? But this will do for now.
hollywoodAug 11, 2007 4:17 PM
Aug 11, 2007 4:43 PM

Feb 2005
hollywood said:
Being a guy, this is like the swimsuit edition of mangas. It's definitely a guy thing and that's how Yagi-san sells his product. I cant seriously imagine Claymores being dudes. I understand your semi-chauvinistic question, though.

But on the other hand, the fact that this series have all the important roles filled by women should also make it appeal to women as well...These Claymore gals might be pretty, but they are certainly not damsels in distress. Pretty but weak/stupid/useless females is such a boring stereotype...
Aug 11, 2007 5:09 PM
Aug 2007
Baman said:
hollywood said:

But on the other hand, the fact that this series have all the important roles filled by women should also make it appeal to women as well...These Claymore gals might be pretty, but they are certainly not damsels in distress. Pretty but weak/stupid/useless females is such a boring stereotype...

I think what the questionnaire was really trying to say is that there's too MANY female characters in the series, and less males to look up to/follow. I agree with you that the woman's image in the series is FAR from the stereotypical women should be subservient to men attitude that prevails even in Japan.
If Raki (maybe Isley) is the only male character that's got a chance of evolving into a stronger charcater, then it's like we guys are being emasculated. :)
Aug 11, 2007 5:16 PM

Jun 2007
I think the mangaka chose women to be claymores because theres a point made early on that Claymores were barely human on an emotional level. They were all stone-cold killers who are practically devoid of emotion. This was partly because of their training, their background and the alienation from humans. Being emotionless is already a masculine trait so this sort of psychological trauma has a greater effect if viewed on female characters.
On the subject of Male Claymores:

Aug 13, 2007 11:04 AM

May 2007
uh who said that if it was males they too have to wear swimsuits? I dont wanna even imagine that O_O

Anyways I was wondering what you guys were thinking. Well my friend said he didn't like claymore because females are greater than males and he being a male and all. I said i didnt care as long they are hot chicks. thank you all for sharing your thoughts.

Baman said:
Ranivus said:
Now leave me alone in reading my Claymore Doujinshi ^_^

What!! Where did you find that!! D:
Uh...I mean...
That certainly sounds...Uh...interesting...

I too wondering were you got it. Would you mind to share it
Aug 13, 2007 8:05 PM
Aug 2007
LAST QUOTE:
uh who said that if it was males they too have to wear swimsuits? I dont wanna even imagine that O_O

Anyways I was wondering what you guys were thinking. Well my friend said he didn't like claymore because females are greater than males and he being a male and all. I said i didnt care as long they are hot chicks. thank you all for sharing your thoughts.

The thought of Raki (or dudes) in those skin tight unis makes my skin crawl. Thank God we have Clare or Miria to fantasize about.
You are correct. Your friend must have some male dominance issues, and as long as they're smokin' hot, they can run around in short skirts and slay mosquitoes for all I care.
Aug 13, 2007 11:54 PM

Jun 2007
Male Claymores (now awakened) rare, powerful and stronger than any one Claymore albeit they're all evil badasses.

-copypasta

Aug 14, 2007 11:13 PM
Aug 2007
Legion17 said:
Male Claymores (now awakened) rare, powerful and stronger than any one Claymore albeit they're all evil badasses.

-copypasta

They maybe stronger, but judging from their actions: they act on their impulse and act like a bunch of savages. I could go to the nearest bar here in Hollywood and get candidates for the male claymore job. A bunch of regular hounddogs, as they say. If you read the manga, the Awakened's act like idiots...well, a majority of them. The exceptions are Rigald (a cocky one) and Isley (well, he's an Abyssal). They make us dudes look bad.
Aug 15, 2007 1:09 AM

Jun 2007
hmmm... yeah for being ancient male claymores from the first generations they don't seem at all... ancient or wise...

Aug 15, 2007 11:13 AM
Aug 2007
Those awakened B's dont represent guys. I know I sometimes think with my you-know-what, but I think the only male's WHO ARE NOT RAKI that should get notice are the ORG. They;'re conniving, sneaky and devious.
Aug 16, 2007 2:07 PM

Jul 2007
Well, Isley is badass!!!! The other Awakened ones are baka!!!!
Aug 16, 2007 2:45 PM
Aug 2007
Kirakage said:
Well, Isley is badass!!!! The other Awakened ones are baka!!!!

Because he's a former # 1. You don't become #1 by being an idiot.
Aug 17, 2007 7:57 AM

Jul 2007
Ophelia is one single-digit number who looks crazy and stupid. And its not as if Priscilla is intelligent neither.
Aug 17, 2007 10:54 AM
Aug 2007
Kirakage said:
Ophelia is one single-digit number who looks crazy and stupid. And its not as if Priscilla is intelligent neither.

Ophelia isn't stupid...she's just crazy. Priscilla was a kid when she Awakened (former #2), ergo: impulsive PLUS the real danger I can compare to the Clarice-Miata relationship. Clarice knows she has a monster on her hands if left unchecked, and Isley views Priscilla in the same way.
Aug 22, 2007 11:08 PM

Apr 2007
well the one thing that im puzzled about is that everyone is blond why is it that when they become claymores that they go blond is it like sum sort of thing like how the military shaves u bald
Aug 22, 2007 11:13 PM

Jun 2007
Miria has light brown-hair (kinda orangey). (^^)b. Its probably related to the process of becoming a claymore. Makes your hair become all pale. Clare had brown hair prior and Priscilla has dark brown hair after so we know its not naturally like that.

Aug 23, 2007 12:16 AM

Apr 2007
Legion17 said:
Miria has light brown-hair (kinda orangey). (^^)b. Its probably related to the process of becoming a claymore. Makes your hair become all pale. Clare had brown hair prior and Priscilla has dark brown hair after so we know its not naturally like that.

so accordin to that i guess if Raki becomes a claymore i guess we his hair is gnna change color too maybe srry Raki haters the only example i can use plus nothin wrong wit him
Aug 23, 2007 1:58 PM

Jan 2007
Devil said:

Because every other frame is a crotch shot and if it were guys, the audience would feel all uncomfortable. :P
Aug 23, 2007 2:31 PM
Aug 2007
Well, not EVERY frame lol...

I think that's why there's no sympathy for Raki being the lone male here (aside from Isley), it's a guy thing...I dont want to see dudes wearing those tight unis ( I dont roll that way) lol
Aug 29, 2007 11:30 AM

Aug 2007
XD lol this thread is called Claymore Q & A, but there were only 2 questions asked in 2 pages XD. anyway, to answer the

first question: there are more women than men because that will get more viewers to watch it :D ( other examples include, love hina, negima, etc etc)

second question: they are blond because its a sign of superiority,which was shown in the manga ( if u regard this as a spoiler, im sorry. but its not really a spoiler is it? >.>).
Aug 29, 2007 4:40 PM

Jun 2007
Arekkusu said:
first question: there are more women than men because that will get more viewers to watch it :D ( other examples include, love hina, negima, etc etc)

Naruto and Bleach have primarily Male casts, Berserk has only 2 girls/1 demon woman in it. This isn't a harem comedy.

Aug 29, 2007 7:56 PM

Aug 2007
Legion17 said:
Arekkusu said:

Naruto and Bleach have primarily Male casts, Berserk has only 2 girls/1 demon woman in it. This isn't a harem comedy.

true, it isn't a harem comedy but i was only explaining my view on why the cast is mostly female. I think the creators wanted a dominant female cast because it will draw more attention along with the action and gore. Naruto and Bleach are part comedy and is aimed towards the younger audience where as claymore is aimed towards the more mature ones. you'll never see naruto or bleach have as much blood as claymore. anyway, to stop my self from being long winded, and turning this into long debate, more females generally means more views from newer anime fans, more action and gore means more views from veteran anime fans/ action fanatics.
Aug 30, 2007 10:02 PM
Aug 2007
Here are some Q's:

1) who was actually #3: Noel or Sophia?

2) Did Raphaela absorb Luciela's power while killing her?

3) Literally or figuratively: Clare keeps mentioning all "these souls inside me" or Miria "those souls inside you...": are they actually talking about the souls of Claymores being "absorbed" by the NEAREST Claymore to them upon death?

4) Is Raphaela the oldest Claymore? If she met chibi Teresa, she must be the most senior of them all.

5) Did Riful INTERFERE in the battle with Isley & Luciela? In scene 72 Riful said yes, but some forums said no...which is it?

Aug 31, 2007 12:52 AM

Jun 2007
holy crap those are some major manga spoilers

Aug 31, 2007 10:36 AM
Aug 2007
Legion17 said:
holy crap those are some major manga spoilers

Gome dude. I thought you read the manga...
Aug 31, 2007 10:40 AM

Aug 2007
hollywood said:
Here are some Q's:

3) Literally or figuratively: Clare keeps mentioning all "these souls inside me" or Miria "those souls inside you...": are they actually talking about the souls of Claymores being "absorbed" by the NEAREST Claymore to them upon death?

4) Is Raphaela the oldest Claymore? If she met chibi Teresa, she must be the most senior of them all.

5) Did Riful INTERFERE in the battle with Isley & Luciela? In scene 72 Riful said yes, but some forums said no...which is it?

whoa, why are u spoiling the manga for those who havnt read it? at least put it under spoilers XD
Aug 31, 2007 11:16 AM
Aug 2007
Arekkusu said:
hollywood said:
Here are some Q's:

whoa, why are u spoiling the manga for those who havnt read it? at least put it under spoilers XD

where's the spoiler button?
Aug 31, 2007 1:19 PM

Jun 2007
[ spoiler ] [ /spoiler ] Its easy to see when you quote someone who uses the spoiler button. Once you take the spaces out they look like this

Aug 31, 2007 3:41 PM
Aug 2007
Legion17 said:
[ spoiler ] [ /spoiler ] Its easy to see when you quote someone who uses the spoiler button. Once you take the spaces out they look like this

Didn't know some posters haven't read the manga until 73...so the only legit question out of the 5 would be who was actually # 3 between Sophia and Noel.
hollywoodAug 31, 2007 3:46 PM
Sep 1, 2007 8:45 AM

Jul 2007
hollywood said:
Here are some Q's:

1. Neither. Sophia was Fourth. Noel - Fifth. Irene - Third.
2.The theory of "abosrbtion" was not even introduced.

3. Figuratively
. there is no Litteral meaning in that.
, as we
. Of course if you count the dead then

5. Yes and No, as
and
. Although it is
Sep 1, 2007 11:18 AM
Aug 2007
Fai said:
hollywood said:
Here are some Q's:

3. Figuratively
, as we

5. Yes and No, as
and
. Although it is

Question # 3 is figuratively? I might be losing it. I thought it was literal.

Good angle on # 2...I never thought "she" would awaken.

Q # 1: I re=read the manga all over again...this Q was posed on other forums as well.
The answer I got that I kinda accepted was ...No one knows. It wasn't specifically stated who was actually # 3BEFORE Irene said she was # 3.

But overall good answers.
Sep 1, 2007 11:30 AM

Aug 2007
Devil said:

Well it follows Claymores. While I agree with other user's opinion it will draw more of an audience, it should be noted that males were used as Claymores before, but that was pretty much a failure. I'm not sure if you have seen that episode already.
Sep 3, 2007 10:31 AM
Aug 2007
MajorAddiction said:
Devil said:

Well it follows Claymores. While I agree with other user's opinion it will draw more of an audience, it should be noted that males were used as Claymores before, but that was pretty much a failure. I'm not sure if you have seen that episode already.
MajorAddiction said:
Devil said:

Yes, we know that male Claymores were previously used. Again, hot chicks in tight unis draw more audiences for both male and female. males because they;re hotties. Females because it speaks to their "feminist agenda" that women are powerful.

Sep 21, 2007 10:17 PM
Aug 2007
1) Teresa once had black hair?

2) What are the actual titles for chapters 71 and 72?

3) Why didn't Raphaela regenerate her injured eye...the real reason

4) Are Alicia and Beth's last names..Zema?

5) Did the anime just spoil future manga storylines by "commenting" that Clare was an intentional experiment by the ORG AND showing us Priscilla's 3nd form?
Sep 27, 2007 4:10 AM
Sep 2007
Fai said:
hollywood said:
Here are some Q's:

3. Figuratively
, as we

5. Yes and No, as
and
. Although it is

1. Agreed, Irene was 3rd
2. Again Agreed

3. Disagree he asked about only Clare's "souls"

4. Agreed

5. Disagree....He asked INTERFERE....

Those are my views to those questions.
Sep 29, 2007 11:33 AM
Aug 2007
nightfalcon4 said:

1. Agreed, Irene was 3rd
2. Again Agreed

3. Disagree he asked about only Clare's "souls"

4. Agreed

5. Disagree....He asked INTERFERE....

Those are my views to those questions.

#2, I agree she absorbed Lucy's power BUT awakened?? The manga didn't show it though.

#3 so it's BOTH literal and figurative. I was leaning on literal.

#4. Right. We don;t know how old/senior the #s from 10-46 are...

Oct 1, 2007 7:48 AM

Jul 2007

3. As for now

5. well
Oct 1, 2007 11:19 PM
Aug 2007
Here's a question:

chibi Teresa met Raphaela accidentally in chapter 64, now she's supposed to be a "trainee".

I know that Irene said that Claymores NEVER age (Ophelia arc). Chibi Teresa showed that she could 'sense' the "faint aura" on Raphy in chapter 64. IF Claymores DON'T AGE, how was chibi Teresa able to age/grow up normally? Wasn't she "technically" a Claymore with that "sensing ability" at a young age?
Oct 2, 2007 7:23 AM

Jul 2007
I got an impression that the trainee period is during their time turning into full claymore...Its something similar like awakening, but the difference is that you go from Human to Claymore, through a short periods(which can hurt)
Oct 2, 2007 8:16 AM
Aug 2007
Fai, here's the EXACT quote by Irene:

"Perhaps you may already know this, but we half yomas mature, but we dont age."

I got another answer from another forum, but that poster's explanation was that Teresa "matured", meaning she grows up BUT maturing is different from aging, though.
Oct 5, 2007 2:05 PM
Sep 2007
Maybe as a trainee, they are Incomplete. allowing them to hit prime age. at that age the organization could remover the seal and keep them at one age.
Oct 5, 2007 2:54 PM
Aug 2007
nightfalcon, if you've seen the cover of the last/latest ES that I posted on the board, it's a trainee BUT no one's sure who that Claymore is. Finally we can get answers on the "maturing age" of the trainees, or it's going to focus on the Claymore more than the ORG.
Oct 5, 2007 7:42 PM

Sep 2007
Oct 6, 2007 9:10 AM
Sep 2007
It Looks a lot like Pricilla. which is backed up by the fact that all the other ES have covers of the people they are about. ES 1 Teresa, ES 2 Miria and now ES 3 Pricilla. That's no trainee. That has to be Pricilla.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Whats under the Claymore's Clothing? (Not perverted)

CrimsonReaper - Mar 24, 2010

37 by uranimemom »»
Feb 19, 2022 12:21 AM

» Discuss Everything You Hate About Raki ( 1 2 )

MechaMaddness - Aug 11, 2009

51 by Spirit_Tree »»
Nov 13, 2020 10:30 PM

» Is Helen underrated ?

Yugao_ - Aug 23, 2019

2 by SunWukung »»
Nov 3, 2019 6:03 PM

» New Teresa figure

BTrinidad01 - Jan 2, 2019

2 by MoFried »»
Apr 5, 2019 5:15 PM

» Favorite Claymore ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

eppyomega - Jul 26, 2007

305 by BTrinidad01 »»
Dec 29, 2018 4:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.