Forum Settings
Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Dec 3, 2009 8:45 PM
Jul 2009
Karharot said:

The previous top 9 were a little different from usual - Alicia and Beth were special from the beginnig (and pretty much useless for the most of the time, but that's another matter) Raphaela was actualy a warrior from two (or more) generations back and Miria (and later Jeane) was half-awakened. On top of that Galatea was probably older than most of the normal Claymores since her special ability caused organization to overlook some of her mistakes. Aside from the Dark Ones the rest of the current single digits are created from the scratch and with Rubel doing whatever he can to prevent them from half-awakening so it's no suprise that they are inferior to the previous generation...

And the only solid trait that the new gen have over the old gen? The new generation are fiercely loyal to the Org UNLIKE the previous 10 whne Miria, Galatea etc were questioning every move the Org makes and fermenting rebellion amongst the ranks. Especially Clare.
Dec 3, 2009 11:20 PM
Aug 2007
riotgirl said:
Karharot said:

The previous top 9 were a little different from usual - Alicia and Beth were special from the beginnig (and pretty much useless for the most of the time, but that's another matter) Raphaela was actualy a warrior from two (or more) generations back and Miria (and later Jeane) was half-awakened. On top of that Galatea was probably older than most of the normal Claymores since her special ability caused organization to overlook some of her mistakes. Aside from the Dark Ones the rest of the current single digits are created from the scratch and with Rubel doing whatever he can to prevent them from half-awakening so it's no suprise that they are inferior to the previous generation...

And the only solid trait that the new gen have over the old gen? The new generation are fiercely loyal to the Org UNLIKE the previous 10 whne Miria, Galatea etc were questioning every move the Org makes and fermenting rebellion amongst the ranks. Especially Clare.

OK sorry for hijacking this post that I just realized that today: today's Claymores maybe weaker but they are REALLY DEVOTED to the Org. That is a good point hmmm
Dec 4, 2009 7:56 PM
Jul 2009
Plus it will be NOT easy to beat them because they are so disciplined and loyal to the Org that only death maybe acceptable for them, regardless if the new generation is weaker than the previous groups of 10.

On the other hand, they seem to accept their fates as "unintentionally" helping the new Claymores so they're stuck to being loyal to them as well LOL
Dec 4, 2009 11:38 PM
Aug 2007
riotgirl said:
Plus it will be NOT easy to beat them because they are so disciplined and loyal to the Org that only death maybe acceptable for them, regardless if the new generation is weaker than the previous groups of 10.

On the other hand, they seem to accept their fates as "unintentionally" helping the new Claymores so they're stuck to being loyal to them as well LOL

The new gen are supposed to snitch on the 7 and give up their whereabouts but they end up paying for favors to them. The sweet irony..
Dec 5, 2009 10:05 AM

Dec 2008
jack4s said:
but isn't strange how eye's loosing power every new generation:
teresa no.1
galatea no.3
renee no.6

Teresa wasn't an Eye. She was just very good at interpreting the flow of youki and long range detection was a side effect of it, she certainly wasn't as good at it as Galatea even though she was clearly far more powerful.

jack4s said:
and leadership quality is rare, we have only seen two real leaders (miria and irene)

Probably because althouh usefull leadership is not a talent that organization desire in their puppets...

riotgirl said:

Well, there are already two deserters among the new gen and one of them is one of the top 5 (although she probably doesn't realise that she deserted :). And there is also Dietrich (hell of a name for a woman BTW...) who values honor higher than loyality to the organization.
New profile design sucks.
Dec 5, 2009 2:14 PM
Jul 2009
hollywood said:
The new gen are supposed to snitch on the 7 and give up their whereabouts but they end up paying for favors to them. The sweet irony..

Eventually every Claymore is going to jump ship from the Org. Unless they were "re-made" upon birth like Alicia-Beth (R.I.P my beautiful twins), it's hard to have someone stay with the Org? Are there healthcare benfits involved?LOL

Karharot said:
Well, there are already two deserters among the new gen and one of them is one of the top 5 (although she probably doesn't realise that she deserted :). And there is also Dietrich (hell of a name for a woman BTW...) who values honor higher than loyality to the organization.

Oh, number 4? You can thank the "other" number 47 for that. Dietrich is close to it but she will prefer the Org. Just one of those times that politics played their hand and she fell for it. Just make sure she doesnt take any favors again.
Dec 7, 2009 9:12 PM
Jul 2009
Will there be a massive rebellion on the part of the Claymores? It's 50/50 because judging by the way Dietrich and Audrey acted, they look at the 7 as sisters but probably "confused". They wont try to coerce them back to the Org but they wont turn their backs on the Org either.
Dec 8, 2009 4:16 AM

Dec 2008
riotgirl said:
Will there be a massive rebellion on the part of the Claymores? It's 50/50 because judging by the way Dietrich and Audrey acted, they look at the 7 as sisters but probably "confused". They wont try to coerce them back to the Org but they wont turn their backs on the Org either.

You know... Audrey wasn't really in a position to do anything about those 7... And she is definitely not stupid enough to try something that suicidal right after Riful showed her how limited her power is...
Dec 8, 2009 7:11 PM
Jul 2009
Karharot said:
riotgirl said:

You know... Audrey wasn't really in a position to do anything about those 7... And she is definitely not stupid enough to try something that suicidal right after Riful showed her how limited her power is...

I think what rg meant was a general statement/question if the so-called "loyal Claymores" will eventually rebel in the series.
Dec 8, 2009 9:44 PM
Jul 2009
Karharot said:
riotgirl said:

What JD stated, Kar. But your ans. was a supplement to my question though. Audrey being the new number 1 just seems sucky.
Dec 10, 2009 5:11 PM
Jul 2009
I dont think it was luck. That's the way hierarchy works: the top members lose their lives and you go up one notch in the TOP 10. Audrey will have to improve her fighting skills and not piss her pants like before because if you are number 1:

she WILL be called to BATTLE the Awakened beings everyday whether she wants it or not.
Dec 13, 2009 3:40 PM
Jul 2009
jackdaniels said:
I dont think it was luck. That's the way hierarchy works: the top members lose their lives and you go up one notch in the TOP 10. Audrey will have to improve her fighting skills and not piss her pants like before because if you are number 1:

she WILL be called to BATTLE the Awakened beings everyday whether she wants it or not.

I should have re-phrased it lol. She moved up the corporate ladder by attrition. I like her but she's stained her rep by pissing her pants. Darn, did I say 'stain"?
Dec 15, 2009 11:54 PM
Aug 2007
LOL. As long as Rachel and Riful ONLY know she pissed her pants, her rep is safe. Once the word gets out back to Org HQ that Al-Beth are dead, they're probably shaking their heads on who's number 1 but let's give the gal a chance to shine.

It's a whole new day for Audrey. She's cute though. I love it when the beauts like Teresa, Alicia are number 1's.
Dec 16, 2009 6:35 AM

Dec 2008
hollywood said:
LOL. As long as Rachel and Riful ONLY know she pissed her pants, her rep is safe.

Rachel was unconcious at the time so Audrey little secret is really safe (I'm pretty sure that nobody will ask Riful about that :).
Dec 16, 2009 10:31 AM
Jul 2009
Karharot said:
hollywood said:
LOL. As long as Rachel and Riful ONLY know she pissed her pants, her rep is safe.

Rachel was unconcious at the time so Audrey little secret is really safe (I'm pretty sure that nobody will ask Riful about that :).

You guys forgot the 2 other Claymores from the party of 4.

http://www.onemanga.com/Claymore/70/18/

who eventually got knocked out by Deneve and Helen. Of course, being women they wont keep their mouths shut.
Dec 16, 2009 11:49 AM

Dec 2008
jackdaniels said:

Those 2 were not present at the battlefield (they fled far enough that Riful didn't see them) so they had no idea what happened.
Dec 16, 2009 11:49 PM
Aug 2007
Karharot said:
jackdaniels said:

Those 2 were not present at the battlefield (they fled far enough that Riful didn't see them) so they had no idea what happened.

Technically yes and no.

With that page that JD posted they BOTH saw what was happening to Audrey but it is not clear if they heard Riful say "dont stain my body please" in the previous pages. Those 2 who wanted to help Audrey in her moment of despair were in the same battlefield and had VISUAL of what was happening to Audrey. Whether they saw her piss her uni is still arguable.
Dec 17, 2009 4:56 AM

Dec 2008
hollywood said:
With that page that JD posted they BOTH saw what was happening to Audrey but it is not clear if they heard Riful say "dont stain my body please" in the previous pages. Those 2 who wanted to help Audrey in her moment of despair were in the same battlefield and had VISUAL of what was happening to Audrey. Whether they saw her piss her uni is still arguable.

I'm not so sure about that, to me it looks like the HEARD Audrey scream and not saw what was actually happening, and from the size of used font Audrey was screaming really loud (which is not surprising).
Dec 17, 2009 7:17 PM
Jul 2009
Karharot said:
hollywood said:

I'm not so sure about that, to me it looks like the HEARD Audrey scream and not saw what was actually happening, and from the size of used font Audrey was screaming really loud (which is not surprising).

Hard to say if those 2 had a visual look at what was going on, but it wasn't clear if they were hiding behind the trees and cowhering in fear either.

Either way, those other 2 Claymores are WITHIN HEARING DISTANCE so Audrey's rep of being a pants-pisser is with those 2, and judging by Riful's loli appearance..it is safe to say she should also have loli voice as well.

BUT judging by her talk with Audrey etc, then talking with Clare, Riful's voice should safely be loud enough for those 2 to hear "Don't stain my body please".
Dec 17, 2009 9:12 PM

Dec 2008
jackdaniels said:
Either way, those other 2 Claymores are WITHIN HEARING DISTANCE so Audrey's rep of being a pants-pisser is with those 2, and judging by Riful's loli appearance..it is safe to say she should also have loli voice as well.

We more or less know what kind of voice Riful has (anime seiyū were choosen well and did a good job with voice acting) :)
jackdaniels said:
BUT judging by her talk with Audrey etc, then talking with Clare, Riful's voice should safely be loud enough for those 2 to hear "Don't stain my body please".

But they don't know with what she was staining Riful (it's a little scary but with Riful it could be blood or various intestines...) XD
Dec 17, 2009 11:20 PM
Aug 2007
Karharot said:
jackdaniels said:

We more or less know what kind of voice Riful has (anime seiyū were choosen well and did a good job with voice acting) :)
jackdaniels said:

But they don't know with what she was staining Riful (it's a little scary but with Riful it could be blood or various intestines...) XD

Judging by the distance that Miria et al ran from:
http://www.onemanga.com/Claymore/71/02/

and hearing the conversation between Ckare and Riful:
http://www.onemanga.com/Claymore/71/07/
those 2 would easily have heard Riful say the stain' phrase. I'm kinda sure they knew Riful wasn't talking about ketchup stains LOL.
Dec 21, 2009 10:57 AM
Aug 2007
alright..... QUESTION FOR THE WEEK: Was Miria correct in her decision that they "fake" their deaths to avoid the Org's wrath of mutiny at Pieta?

I have always thought that all 27 (?) of them just take their chances by rebelling and leaving the town.
Dec 21, 2009 3:37 PM

Dec 2008
hollywood said:
alright..... QUESTION FOR THE WEEK: Was Miria correct in her decision that they "fake" their deaths to avoid the Org's wrath of mutiny at Pieta?

I have always thought that all 27 (?) of them just take their chances by rebelling and leaving the town.

24. 27 was the number of Awakened Beings under Rigardo command.
As for your question... the drugs were supposed to fool not only the org byt also the AB, of course they could all flee the city before the attack and Isley would probably don't bother with them but remember that not all of those Claymores were as rebelious as Miria, Clare and the rest of half-awakened so convincing them to betray the organisation could pose a problem. And there was also Rafaela who was keeping watch on them ready to strike at first sign of disobedience and she was tougher than any warrior from the northern squad, even in a battle with multiple opponents she would probably kill many warriors before losing (if she would lose at all).
Dec 21, 2009 7:20 PM
Jul 2009
Karharot said:
24. 27 was the number of Awakened Beings under Rigardo command.

As for your question... the drugs were supposed to fool not only the org byt also the AB, of course they could all flee the city before the attack and Isley would probably don't bother with them but remember that not all of those Claymores were as rebelious as Miria, Clare and the rest of half-awakened so convincing them to betray the organisation could pose a problem. And there was also Rafaela who was keeping watch on them ready to strike at first sign of disobedience and she was tougher than any warrior from the northern squad, even in a battle with multiple opponents she would probably kill many warriors before losing (if she would lose at all).

I could accept that but you lost me there with the Rafaela angle. Were you refering to Flora? Thought about it 2 years ago if that indeed was the correct solution.

NOW, if there were Org-Loyal Claymores in that bunch, wouldn't they have stood up in the secret last meeting about taking the Yoma-suppresors, especially when they heard that Miria was planning a "fake death"? They were all in it together til the end.

What surprised me was that there was no evidence of Watchers nearby. They were indeed, being led to a slaughterhouse. I would accept it as well that they should have left the city in the end because they all knew it was the end for them.

PLUS, until the present chapter, they have manpower issues so hunting down all 24 would be a waste of resources when they have Isley, Riful et al to contendt with. You know what Flora said in the end..'it's fair for everyone' (something like that).
Dec 21, 2009 9:51 PM
Jul 2009
They will eventually hunt down all 24 so it's the 2nd option that is logical. Both options about faking their deaths and taking a risk by getting out of the city (with of course, helping the humans get out) would also be worth it.

It's just not comfy to know that the Pieta Claymores will be looking over their shoulders for a kill squad to find them like in Teresa's case. I would prefer the fake death scenario over the "lets get the hell out of Pieta' scenario anytime so Miria was still correct.
Dec 22, 2009 1:11 AM

Dec 2008
jackdaniels said:
I could accept that but you lost me there with the Rafaela angle. Were you refering to Flora?

Nope, according to Galatea (chapter 61) during the war in the north Rafaela was somewhere near to Pieta watching the warriors gathered there and ready to kill all who abandoned their role as a "road block".
jackdaniels said:
NOW, if there were Org-Loyal Claymores in that bunch, wouldn't they have stood up in the secret last meeting about taking the Yoma-suppresors, especially when they heard that Miria was planning a "fake death"? They were all in it together til the end.

Their "fake death" was first and foremost supposed to fool Awakened Beings, any warrior who lost consciousness during that slaughter would be useless in the fight anyway so that trick alone wasn't a betrayal of the organisation, at least not until the survivors decided that they do not want to return to the org.
jackdaniels said:
What surprised me was that there was no evidence of Watchers nearby. They were indeed, being led to a slaughterhouse. I would accept it as well that they should have left the city in the end because they all knew it was the end for them.

Considering that Galatea knew the organisation pretty well there probably WAS watcher nearby.
jackdaniels said:
PLUS, until the present chapter, they have manpower issues so hunting down all 24 would be a waste of resources when they have Isley, Riful et al to contendt with.

Isley and Riful were around for something like a millenium and after his single attack on the organisation Isley lost interest in continuing the fight so the new organisation policy of hunting down AB was a precaution taken after actual harm was done, more importantly when Miria was making her decisions the organisation did not yet suffered their heaviest loses wchich were Galatea and Rafaela, if those two were still around after the northern war then any known survivor from Pieta would be easily hunted down.
Dec 22, 2009 7:22 PM
Jul 2009
Raf wouldn't be able to take out all of them. She could, but we have just an inkling of what the true powers of Miria, Clare et al are in comparison to Raf. 1 vs 24. The odds are even too much for poor Rafy. BUT, she could pull a Rigald and go after Miria's head first just to make things interesting.

The watchers are an automatic, but I have no evidence of it. There should be. Like watching your kids head to a butcher shop. Damn anime keeps popping in my head...

Isley and Riful were around for a millenium? hmmm, gotta look that up. The math for the age offemale Claymores was somewhere in the Teresa storyline and will try to confirm that. Their best single-digits were in Pieta, like Flora, Jean were also in Pieta and even with the poor-thinking dregs like Uma should wisely just stick with Miria to avoid the wrath of Ali-beth. Those 2 are enough for a nice hunt for rebels but the Org also have the AB's to look at on the other side of the spectrum.
Dec 29, 2009 12:02 AM
Aug 2007
QUESTION OF THE WEEK:

Did priscilla CHEAT (by faking sympathy) when she killed Teresa, or was it Teresa's fault that she let her guard down and allow Priscilla to kill her?
Dec 29, 2009 2:51 AM

Dec 2008
hollywood said:
QUESTION OF THE WEEK:

Did priscilla CHEAT (by faking sympathy) when she killed Teresa, or was it Teresa's fault that she let her guard down and allow Priscilla to kill her?

Teresa was simply tired of killing, old Teresa would kill all four of them in the town with a (faint) smile on her face. As fo Pris it is rather obvious that she was cheating and faking the desire to be killed.
Dec 29, 2009 4:13 AM

Jan 2009
hollywood said:
QUESTION OF THE WEEK:

I think Priscilla was sincere when she asked Teresa to kill her while she had some vague spark of humanity left but right at that moment her demon side also overtook her and taked advantage of Teresa's compassionate effort to put Priscilla out of her misery.
Dec 29, 2009 7:16 PM
Jul 2009
Astara said:
hollywood said:
QUESTION OF THE WEEK:

I think Priscilla was sincere when she asked Teresa to kill her while she had some vague spark of humanity left but right at that moment her demon side also overtook her and taked advantage of Teresa's compassionate effort to put Priscilla out of her misery.

Nice post. Short and simple.

I have always thought that it was ALSO Teresa's fault for lowering her defenses..both physically and emotionally that allowed Priscilla to go for the kill. Damn Clare turned her into a wuss.
Dec 29, 2009 9:43 PM
Jul 2009
I'm not sure it was her yoma nature that caused her to kill Terry.

It's like she was jealous of Teresa as number 1 and SIMPLY wanted to be numero uno herself. A spoiled brat who actually thought she could be at par with Teresa but got her ass handed to her when she was was embarassed by Teresa at least TWICE.
Jan 4, 2010 6:21 AM

Dec 2009
she didn't want to be the number one, she was just blind and brainwashed by the organization. I believe it was the human Priscilla who killed Teresa, not her awakened side. The full awakening was just a consequence of her releasing more power to accomplish that.
Jan 5, 2010 3:31 PM
Jul 2009
Pretty much the consensus from RG and Alex: human Pris was KNEW what she was doing at best. Just to show what the difference in pwer is between Teresa and Pris, Priscilla had to power up to go to Teresa's level.

Come to think of it. Teresa has not reached her limit being number one. Readers think she did and she hasn't. Priscilla might have shortened the gap a bit but maturity-wise, Priscilla was an idiot. And how many times have characters from Claymore call Teresa a 'MONSTER"...LOTS.

Now, she's showing the same barbarity that Riful first showed when she burst unto the scene. Good turn of events.
Feb 2, 2010 3:05 AM
Nov 2009
I know this club is mainly for manga, but I presume most of you have also seen the anime. Now there has been a lot of talk about a second season, but as we know, the anime's story goes a little different than that of manga's after the batlle in the North. How do you guys think the second season would start and find it's way back to the "original" story?
Feb 6, 2010 7:32 PM

Dec 2009
Short of pretending that the first season's epilogue didn't take place, it's kind of hard to see how they'd be able to start the second season. Then again, the chances of a second season actually being made are very slim so it's a moot point.
Feb 8, 2010 12:13 PM
Jul 2009
Nope. There wont be a 2nd season. Like what jackdaniels stated: Claymore was shown at midnight in Japan because it's an adult anime. It won it's time slot but the networks like TBS. animax are more interested in making money and getting viewerd during prime time like the US Nielsens so it is as close to me being Queen of Claymore..hey that's an idea LOL

BTW, my question is: why are there pointy ear Claymores like Ilena and then some who are not? Is there a difference to yoki power etc/
Feb 9, 2010 12:16 PM
Jul 2009
riotgirl said:

BTW, my question is: why are there pointy ear Claymores like Ilena and then some who are not? Is there a difference to yoki power etc/

I noticed that too long ago and it must be a side-effect of the transformation into Claymores at a young age. Even in the Pieta wars, there were some of them in the drawing. But yeah, Irene/Ilena is the most famous one.
Feb 15, 2010 3:00 AM

Dec 2008
riotgirl said:

Dunno. But funny thing is - Ilena had pointy ears only in anime :)
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Whats under the Claymore's Clothing? (Not perverted)

CrimsonReaper - Mar 24, 2010

37 by uranimemom »»
Feb 19, 2022 12:21 AM

» Discuss Everything You Hate About Raki ( 1 2 )

MechaMaddness - Aug 11, 2009

51 by Spirit_Tree »»
Nov 13, 2020 10:30 PM

» Is Helen underrated ?

Yugao_ - Aug 23, 2019

2 by SunWukung »»
Nov 3, 2019 6:03 PM

» New Teresa figure

BTrinidad01 - Jan 2, 2019

2 by MoFried »»
Apr 5, 2019 5:15 PM

» Favorite Claymore ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

eppyomega - Jul 26, 2007

305 by BTrinidad01 »»
Dec 29, 2018 4:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.