Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Oct 16, 2011 11:06 AM

Jul 2009
I finally started watching this today because I knew the previous 2 eps were trash with trashy characters, especially a certain homosexual-looking blond-haired dipshit... But still, I have to fastforward the vid around halfway to finally reach what I was looking forward to....

Uz6bH.png

Pffff... No one likes him? I LOVE him to death so f**k you and your invalid statement! Go choke on a ***** and die, fugly fatass!!!

Not pleased with what they did to the hand-cutting session... y'know, replacing blood with flower petals and boring stuff like that... But whatev... Hisoka still looks hot as ever and this ep was so worth it for the 10 or so seconds I've watched... Oh yea, the ending too!!! XDDD (good thing I didn't close my player after those 10 sec and instead fastforward everything 'til the end...)

Guess next ep I'll have more Hisoka time...

Shadow-Chan said:
I only wish he can be more dangerous than making a show like a real magician, he isn't one.

Er wat? He IS one helluva magician... What've you been smoking? In fact, I've been waiting for his upcoming magic show that involves the dissection of blond-haired dipshit's wrongly placed corpus cavernosum and return that dipshit to the sissy he truly is...
BitchMasterOct 16, 2011 11:14 AM

If he's not with us, he's AGAINST us!!!

Oct 16, 2011 11:24 AM

Jun 2010
....Oh won't you look at that, a messenger from the little green men has finally come!

They're really at it on massacring this show,huh? fast pacing is fine as long as they cover the whole manga unlike the original which left a huge cliffhanger... but seriously now!? the voicing (most of the voices don't really fit too well specially Gon's and Hisoka's), OST (honestly, it sounds more like a marching band), art (are they really trying to be innovative or just being half-assed?) and btw, the ending kinda reminds me of K-On!'s (or is it just me? oh well).

I'm giving this a few more chances but if it still fails to deliver then I guess I'm gonna drop this.
Oct 16, 2011 11:38 AM

May 2009
To people who havent seen the original its no big deal. The V. actors are awesome!
5/5 and the series is an 8 for me. but I expect its gonna go up soon.

I LOVE THE ED!!! SO MUCH!
Oct 16, 2011 11:56 AM

Apr 2010
i like it soooooooooo much no complains at all ^^
Oct 16, 2011 11:58 AM
May 2007
BitchMaster said:
Er wat? He IS one helluva magician... What've you been smoking? In fact, I've been waiting for his upcoming magic show that involves the dissection of blond-haired dipshit's wrongly placed corpus cavernosum and return that dipshit to the sissy he truly is...

You don't have to sound so loud. I don't consider him a magician who uses real magic. Whatever he uses isn't "magic", it's a special power anyone can learn. Everyone confused that because of his appearance and his use of playing cards. I guess that was his real intention.
Oct 16, 2011 12:07 PM
Jul 2018
Fine with the other changes but hisokas new voice probably won't ever grow on me.
Oct 16, 2011 12:23 PM

Jul 2009
Shadow-Chan said:
You don't have to sound so loud. I don't consider him a magician who uses real magic. Whatever he uses isn't "magic", it's a special power anyone can learn. Everyone confused that because of his appearance and his use of playing cards. I guess that was his real intention

Sorry, bad habit of mine to affirm things by capitalizing them, not really trying to be "loud". If you mean "magic" as in a fantasy setting then yes, it's not "real" magic but by contemporary standards, he is a magician by default. Magician in this context is one who creates illusions via tricks or nen power. Also, that, or rather, those "special" power(s) of his are not something that "anyone can learn" and if you happen to read the manga of watch the original series, you'll know what I mean.

If he's not with us, he's AGAINST us!!!

Oct 16, 2011 12:41 PM
Dec 2007
Kiruaaaa !

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Oct 16, 2011 1:00 PM

Feb 2008
Fuck yeah Hisoka! But I'm going to have a really hard time getting used to his new voice, probable even more than getting used to FujiKei voicing Leorio...
Oct 16, 2011 1:38 PM

Jul 2009
Hisoka's old voice was way better. The old one was more funny and mystique. This one just oozes evil which is not a good thing. They front his evil too much for my taste, now all the mystique about Hisoka is gone.
Oct 16, 2011 2:22 PM

Feb 2008
lol well you gotta think that it was a different time from when this manga and original anime was made. in any case, they could have rushed through this sequence but oh well.
Oct 16, 2011 2:34 PM

Sep 2008
it barely gets a passing grade from me, annoying how they are taking the blood out of the show. Flower pedals -,-

meh decent fun though but no chance in hell this will get a 10 like the original show got from me :)
Oct 16, 2011 3:11 PM

Jun 2011
Voices: Namikawa's Hisoka surprised me! The quality of his voice is somewhat similar to Takahashi's Hisoka, but I think it's too deep. Takahashi's Hisoka was so unique and perfect for the character. Daisuke Namikawa is one of my favorite voice actors, but I admit that I am a little disappointed with his Hisoka.

Killua's voice sounded a bit more high-pitched when he first speaks, but it changes when he lets on that he knows about Tompa's intentions. That sounded much more like the old Killua. :) (Besides, Killua's previous voice actress also gave him a more high-pitched voice when he was pretending to be "child-like" and "innocent.")

Music: Still pretty bad. I'm sort of adjusting to it, because I know what to expect now. But the music playing during Hisoka's scene was terribly unfitting. It sounds like Flamenco music! Flamenco music, for Hisoka. What were they thinking??

My rating for this episode: 5/10
Oct 16, 2011 3:41 PM
Jun 2009
Commenting from a perspective of not seeing the original, I'm enjoying this series. It's a shame so many people are getting bogged down by voices. Don't rate the episode poorly simply because the voices aren't EXACTLY the same.
Oct 16, 2011 4:10 PM
Jun 2010
eucalyptustree16 said:

NEVER compare OP's godly music to this.....-----
=-=-=-=
The episode was pretty good but I have 2 complaints:
- Satotsu was way cooler in the original, especially the way how he statred the exam, and it seemed he didn't move his legs at all, but here.....reminds me of that Trickmaster boss from Kingdom Heart
- The fanfare music. Serously!

Calm Down. I love One Piece's BGM. I mean, why would I bash One Piece If my player card is zoro?I'm just saying that this OST would fit it better. When shit goes down the beat starts playing Sailor music in HxH('11) and that would fit better in a pirate anime. Don't misunderstand.

"There is someone that I must meet again. And until that day... not even Death himself can take my life away!"
Oct 16, 2011 4:22 PM

Aug 2007
I saw it and I like it. I only rate how the scenes are done. The soundtrack and the voices aren't that important to me. As long as the deem fitting to a certain degree. I'm more concerned about how aura will be shown and the latter arcs such as Greed Island and Chimera Ant.
Oct 16, 2011 4:45 PM

Dec 2009
Luminaire said:
Commenting from a perspective of not seeing the original, I'm enjoying this series. It's a shame so many people are getting bogged down by voices. Don't rate the episode poorly simply because the voices aren't EXACTLY the same.

It's not really that, it's just that the voice doesn't seem to fit the character.
Oct 16, 2011 5:09 PM

May 2009
Maamen is green! lol

Oct 16, 2011 5:52 PM
Oct 2008
Pokkle and Ponzu I'd forgotten about them, she looks great w/ blue hair... Kinda slow episode and seriously wtf is up with the flower petals
Oct 16, 2011 5:54 PM

Nov 2007
Woot. Killua!! Adorable little badass as usual. Good choice of VA.
And haha, Hisoka's voice was completely different! But oddly enough I like it.

I don't really have much to say about this episode, except that I think it's slowing down now, which is good. Will they go into the hallucinations next week? Or was that another thing the first anime put in?
Oct 16, 2011 6:15 PM

May 2008
Stop comparing this to the original, seriously.

Though nothing really happened in this episode - the pacing needs to pick up again!
Oct 16, 2011 6:30 PM

Jul 2007
I am actually going to go back and re-watch the original anime, the wait is killing me! :)
Oct 16, 2011 7:44 PM

Dec 2007
Series is doing just fine. Apparently I don't need to see the original.
Jumping in Headfirst - I hear reading it causes immortality. Warning. Reading may not actually cause immortality.
Oct 17, 2011 1:34 AM

Sep 2010
SageShinigami said:
Series is doing just fine. Apparently I don't need to see the original.

Of course you don't need to see the original if this version is satisfactory. The same can be said for you not needing a Porsche, Rolex, or an Armani suit as long as you're satisfied with a Ford Fiesta, Timex, and polo shirt+khaki pants combo...

Oct 17, 2011 3:44 AM
May 2007
sakamoto_dih said:
Maamen is green! lol

+1
LOL yeah just like a giant green bean.

Kitcha said:
Stop comparing this to the original, seriously.

We can't be at fault. I bet even Japanese are comparing now.
Oct 17, 2011 3:59 AM
Oct 2011
Ishmael said:
I saw it and I like it. I only rate how the scenes are done. The soundtrack and the voices aren't that important to me. As long as the deem fitting to a certain degree. I'm more concerned about how aura will be shown and the latter arcs such as Greed Island and Chimera Ant.

If they do the Dragon Ba...ops I mean Chimera Ant arc I am going to slit my wrists. The mangaka blatantly butchered his manga from perfection to pure mediocrity.
Oct 17, 2011 5:19 AM

May 2010
Oh God the horrible background music. Seriously, not even a minute was left in silence and dialogues and that's fucking annoying. It distracted me so much that it stopped me from reading the subs numerous times just so I could ask myself wtf I'm hearing.
Oct 17, 2011 8:31 AM

Jun 2009
Quite liked this episode, I think we'll need a little more time to properly judge how Hisoka and Killua are portrayed.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Oct 17, 2011 8:41 AM

May 2010
Liinah said:GAA, I HATE HISOKA'S NEW VOICE! And what's up with that grey skin?

He was like this:

The second picture is from the GI arc where he did have an healthy skin tone, but if you look at the orginal his skin was changing color from pale white to grey as it seemed they were not sure how it should be. But I think he is meant to be a bit paler than what he was later on, but well dunno.

Also I don't know if the flowers were an evil intro of nen at this point or just some wannabee magic looking thing, but in any case it was not really a blood sencor as in the manga the hands just dissapeared and there was nothing there ;3
But now that someone mentioned it, it makes me wonder if they are going to censor the blood later on in the series as there has been some horrible censoring done in some other newer series.

Also last time I watched the orginal was in the summer and as I had just re-read the manga before that I was kinda bored with all the added stuff, so I really don't mind the faster pace.
CookieBun, yea those were some of the added stuff, so we will have to see if they are going to put anything weird in it this time.
MrHoroOct 17, 2011 8:53 AM
Oct 17, 2011 9:36 AM

Oct 2009
Thanks goodness the pace slowed down. XD

Anyway, still horrible bgm. Everything was serious when satotz was talking about the exam. The childish bgm came by, then all the tense loosen up and it didn't sound that serious and important anymore.
However, there is finally a bgm that really satisfying ! The bgm in the market, that's the best bgm in this series yet.

Killua's voice sounds too girlish when he called tonpa. But it changed after he drank the juice. Love his voice after he drank the juice, it suits him better and not that girlish. Hope he will use that version of voice in the future

Hisoka's voice was better in the original, but this one is not that bad either. hahah. mayble will get used to it later
Ig4kLoneOct 17, 2011 9:49 AM

Oct 17, 2011 10:42 AM
Oct 2011
As a big fanboy of the old anime, i just CAN'T complain about the pace and the story of that one... it's just following the manga so much better...

it would have been almost perfect with the old soundtrack (quite worried about that weird hisoka's magic thing) when you know how the manga has been written.
Oct 17, 2011 3:15 PM

Aug 2010
Really liked this episode
Oct 17, 2011 5:32 PM

Oct 2011
I have loved this reboot so far and am still loving it. Hisoka's voice caught me off guard and will take some getting used to but it wasn't bad, especially considering I didn't like the original voice and actually much preferred the voice from the english dub. Killua's voice also caught me off guard at first but after rewatching it realized it served its purpose. It shows him at first playing the role of a sweet and innocent kid and then after he drinks the juice from Tonpa shows the dark side to him which was actually really good. I also liked the way they introduced Hisoka considering they didn't show him take the guy's arms in the original anime. I like the thing with the flowers because it represented him as the supposed "magician" that everyone thinks he is at first. However, if this truely is them censoring the blood then I could see it becoming an issue down the road.
Oct 17, 2011 5:40 PM

Dec 2007
Nooo, the episode was damn too shoooort !
One episode per weed isn't enough !!

Killua's voice is weird...
Oct 17, 2011 6:42 PM

Jul 2010
fearthebeard85 said:
I have loved this reboot so far and am still loving it. Hisoka's voice caught me off guard and will take some getting used to but it wasn't bad, especially considering I didn't like the original voice and actually much preferred the voice from the english dub. Killua's voice also caught me off guard at first but after rewatching it realized it served its purpose. It shows him at first playing the role of a sweet and innocent kid and then after he drinks the juice from Tonpa shows the dark side to him which was actually really good. I also liked the way they introduced Hisoka considering they didn't show him take the guy's arms in the original anime. I like the thing with the flowers because it represented him as the supposed "magician" that everyone thinks he is at first. However, if this truely
is them censoring the blood then I could see it becoming an issue down the road.

Is this whole 'magician flower' thing a big deal? I don't think this remake
is made for kids.., but since I am new to the series I kinda want to know if the last one was specifically made for adults and if Hisoka's special attack is supposed to have blood in it . I mean, Naruto has blood, but this was earlier so they could have had different standards.
Oct 17, 2011 9:05 PM

Nov 2007
haha man!! Every time I watch a new ep I get all excited and fan-girly.
KYAA Killua <3
Oct 18, 2011 6:53 AM

Dec 2009
fishergirl16 said:

Is this whole 'magician flower' thing a big deal? I don't think this remake
is made for kids.., but since I am new to the series I kinda want to know if the last one was specifically made for adults and if Hisoka's special attack is supposed to have blood in it . I mean, Naruto has blood, but this was earlier so they could have had different standards.

It's not like the last version wasn't aimed for kids, it's just that you needed to be a little mature to watch and deal with the blood. This remake is not like it's aimed for kids either, it's just that the episodes air at 10am in Japan so even if you didn't want it to aim to kids, there was nothing you could do about it considering the time it airs. I wonder if they couldn't negotiate a different hour or whatever.
Oct 18, 2011 9:16 AM

Apr 2008
Good Episode. Not really digging Hisoka and Killua's new VA's (which I figured would happen) but they're not too bad so I'll probably get use to them in a few more episodes.

Oct 18, 2011 9:24 AM
Oct 2007
For now i think the original will still be my favourite but i really am enjoying the slightly slower pace and the voice actors for the characters were a good choice especially Gon's i'm quite pleased as it sounds similar to the original Gon's voice XD
shugochara1r1c1.png
shugochara1r2c1.pngmetal-blaze.pngshugochara1r2c3.png
shugochara1r3c1.png
Oct 18, 2011 8:34 PM

Jul 2011
Killua! :3

And, a great episode.
Oct 18, 2011 10:23 PM

Feb 2011
Hisoka's fading the guy arm to petals was just terrible.
Hated Killua's voice and drawing.
But I still loved this shit anyway(episode). *o*
Oct 19, 2011 11:06 AM

Apr 2007
Tonpa, I did not miss you.

Namikawa is obviously trying to bring the creepyness in his voice for Hisoka, but it just doesn't sound as good as the original. Still, I like it. Killua sounds good as well.
Oct 19, 2011 12:24 PM

Sep 2010
Monochrome said:
Tonpa, I did not miss you.
Namikawa is obviously trying to bring the creepyness in his voice for Hisoka, but it just doesn't sound as good as the original. Still, I like it. Killua sounds good as well.

Creepiness is only part of it. He sounded far too menacing and aggressive while Hiskoka in the manga and original anime both came across immediately as a jovial maniac that hides his bloodlust just enough not to be aggressive but still have an intimidating edge.

Sure this is his first appearance but I don't think his tone and line reading will change drastically as the series progresses.

Killua is one of those rare occasions where the seiyuu is not able to sound boy-like enough. It would be fine if Killua was a precocious scamp that let his energy get him into trouble, but he is a more mature for his age than Gon and is the second most burdened character in the main cast. To quote SawakoNotSadako he is too "Fuwa fuwa"

Oct 19, 2011 8:12 PM
Jun 2008
Before I watched the first episode of the new adaptation, I went and watched the episodes that coincided with in on the original. After I watched that, I watched the first episode of the new adaptation and then finished watching the original adaptation's telivision episodes.

To be frank, the original adaptation was actually turning me off from wanting to actually read the Manga, or at least skip a bunch of the early chapters. The best way to put it is, the changes that were made in the orignal adaptation felt jarring and out of place. The new adaptation, plus the arguement of which follows the Manga better has made me go and actually start reading it, but mostly it is because of the new adaptation.

Having read the Manga chapters that coincide with the episodes up to this point, I personally believe that the new adaptation is actually staying closer to the Manga, rather then the original adaptation. There was a lot of filler in the , and I think that was the reason I found the original adaptation to be jarring, because the filler doesn't seem to fit with the rest of the story flow.

I am not counting the flash back that occurs in the original or the Manga because I believe that will simply come later, at a better point in time. I mean, I don't think that flashback is needed to establish that the reason Gon is becoming a hunter is because he wants to follow in the steps of his father. A lot of the changes I've seen, seem to be ones to make the new adaptation different from the original.

Also, in my personal opinion, when it comes to censorship issues, I think the old one was the one with censorship issues, and so far I haven't seen any in the new one. I mean, that scene with the Hisoka killing the guy is down played to him paralyzing other competetors, or something like that. The new version shows it on screne, and while there is no blood in that scene, there wasn't any blood in the Manga either.

So, the butterflies likely weren't there as a way to censor anything, but more of give the person viewing the episode a better idea of what was going on. Oh, and they also cut the stuff with the laxative in the juices in the original, which I thought was histarical. On top of that, it fit better with the flow of the story then what they did have.

Killua's voice though is a bit iffy with me. I think I watched the scene where he appeared three times, the voice caught me off gaurd that much. As other have pointed out, it sounds very low key for her personality and background. It just isn't the voice of a killer. However... maybe that is the point...
Oct 19, 2011 9:11 PM

Sep 2010
Having read the Manga chapters that coincide with the episodes up to this point, I personally believe that the new adaptation is actually staying closer to the Manga, rather then the original adaptation. There was a lot of filler in the , and I think that was the reason I found the original adaptation to be jarring, because the filler doesn't seem to fit with the rest of the story flow.

How can the original be jarring to you because it deviates from the manga that you never read before? It is like you decided before hand that filler = bad and are going to make sure that little prophecy holds true no matter what. I actually did the exact opposite with 2 of my friends. I had them watch the new episodes first and then the related episodes from the original. They felt the original explained Gon's story better, built-up Leerio is little more, and thought the starting pace kept them wanting to see more. They are currently watching the original series and aren't going to watch the new series until it gets to the Chimera arc.
As other have pointed out, it sounds very low key for her personality and background.

Killua is a he...

Plus calling what anime only content in the original anime series "filler" is a real stretch of what filler typically describes. Especially considering that the original HxH is one of the most accurate anime adaptations ever made it's unbelievable that the few anime only additions would be that jarring to a person who has never read the manga.
Anime_NameOct 19, 2011 9:33 PM

Oct 20, 2011 7:47 AM

Dec 2009
Yemi_Hikari said:
I am not counting the flash back that occurs in the original or the Manga because I believe that will simply come later, at a better point in time. I mean, I don't think that flashback is needed to establish that the reason Gon is becoming a hunter is because he wants to follow in the steps of his father.

Of course the flashback is needed, that's the whole point of Hunter x Hunter. Is not like Gon just decided from nowhere to become a hunter, he wants to find his father and that's why he started this journey.
Oct 20, 2011 12:34 PM
May 2007
Quoting from Gon's page,
Gon's an innocent and naive boy who is willing to help anyone, especially his friends. He rarely ever looks at anything in a bad way. His curious and naive personality often frustrates his friends but this is also the reason why many people are attracted to him.

Is it me or the remake lacks this? I didn't feel Gon's innocence nor his naiveness so far and he made friends with Leorio and Kurapika quite fast. I know I miss how simple-minded he was in the original. Original adapted the manga better, in developing the characters through the story. I find it important to understand the depth of the characters' personalities as much as the plot. And as Anime_Name said before, the original is one of the most accurate adaptations ever made.
Oct 21, 2011 3:58 AM

Jan 2011
Well I watched it and I enjoyed it quite a bit. I'm getting used to the voices now. In Killua's case I feel that his voice suits him in some parts such as: innocent boy act, doesn't make him look very tough, and etc.

His voice in the original though was a bit more...sharp and fitting though? He's a lot more mature then he looks, and has been through quite a bit. I don't think he should sound -that- cutsey. Like when he get's in a evil mood you're like WTF!? the new voice actor did it -okay-, but it can be improved, and it will as she get's used to the voice role, at least that's what I believe.

Hisoka on the other hand I feel his voice will take a lot of work to be able to fit the character. Let's be honest with ourselves what's the best thing about Hisoka? He laughs such a creepy/happy/giddy laugh while being completely cruel/evil. So he would be like QUE QUE QUE QUE QUE QUE (This is my impression of how to type his laugh..), and now with his new voice it will be like HUE HUE HUE HUE *voice actor stops to cough* HUUUEEE.

Big difference man. He's dressed as a clown for symbolism, and for a reason. He's not a random thug on the street with a .60. This voice needs a lot of work I think =/.

P.S. Flowers are cool.

P.S.S. Am I the only one adoring the new opening/ending? "Good morning!!!" whenever I heard that opening in the original I felt like smacking the person who decided on keeping that as the opening. I hate metal as well, but this ending is just...so awesome I can't deny it. I mean look at Killua, how many people fall off cliffs in such a nonchalant manor? Loving this remake.
CrystalTsubakiOct 21, 2011 4:08 AM
Oct 21, 2011 9:01 AM
Sep 2009
Hisoka's voice really irks me. I don't know why. I guess I'll wait and see how it develops. I liked the old show better though. Although I do hope this goes past greed island
Oct 21, 2011 10:53 AM

Jul 2011
Hisoka's Voice o.o is Creepy!

Killua is Awesome xD and as usual Tonpa is pathetic! he's such a FAIL xD
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 126 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 22, 2014

780 by InkDruid »»
Apr 16, 12:40 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 59 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

FrostToaster - Dec 15, 2012

154 by red-tomato »»
Apr 16, 6:25 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 111 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2014

516 by DF_BR »»
Apr 15, 9:31 PM

Poll: » Who is your Favourite character?

PushedCaraway - Mar 29

42 by Sorachin »»
Apr 15, 2:32 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 148 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Haine - Sep 23, 2014

914 by cube98 »»
Apr 13, 10:43 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.