Forum Settings
Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (15) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Jul 16, 2013 12:20 PM

Sep 2008
ZeroReichu said:
I would like to read a manga what is still new or has few chapters (sth maybe with 50+, but not like over 200 or so..) and genres would be fantasy, horror, psychology.

I can also recommend you the following ;)

Bokurano – pretty good psychological drama which is far better than its anime version. Sort of twisted survival game. A group of children are made to fight for their planet future. While it sounds a little childish this manga by no means a childish one. Has a nice ending (in my opinion) and a few good plot twists. It’s not really new, but I still recommend this.

Kamisama no Iutoori – another survival game. This one is a little more brutal but less psychological. People dying left and right. Normal games are remade in a vicious modifications and normal students have to play them to survive.

Corpse Party series – a series of horror manga based on a game. I haven’t played the game but manga looks ok. Corpse Party: Blood Covered is the biggest of them and looks the best (I think). A group of students are trapped in a parallel world with wicked ghosts and no visible chance to get back home and meet up with one another. Somehow reminded me of old horror movies…but that’s just me :P

Actually there are more variants depending on the supporting genre – like one with more action, romance, adventure, supernatural, survival etc.
Jul 16, 2013 2:16 PM

Jul 2013
@Toha I added all of them to my 'plan to read' list and will check them out. Bokurano seems quite interesting to me and I actually have planned to read Corpse Party... but always kinda forgot to do it.

I know there are more variants and I don't mind the other ones at all. XD
I just want to read some horror and psychology, since I already read some few romance mangas and need something different to read, I love supernatural stuff as well.
Jul 17, 2013 12:26 AM

Dec 2012
@ZeroReichu
You should try Rabbit Doubt then.
Jul 17, 2013 1:38 PM

Sep 2008
@ ZeroReichu
I’m kind of fond of psychology genre too. But I still like survival ones more. Something like these: :)

Dragon Head – Quite old but a nice example of a psychological manga. Not really a well-known one, but personally I like it very much. About a few students trapped in the tunnel trying to survive and wait for help which doesn’t seem to be coming.

I am a Hero – another manga about zombie outbreak. This one is a psychological one and pretty well made.

Hideout – short action horror manga.

Ibitsu – another small horror manga. I think this one’s better. More of a horror than the previous one :) About a boy trying to escape from a weird looking girl who doesn't seem to be a human.

You can also check the recommendations below ;)

FireFly1 said:
Just starting to get into manga and found that I really enjoyed Deadman Wonderland (even if it isn't completely finished yet). Any recommendations for something that provides the same type of atmosphere?

How about these: ;)

Battle Royalle – Students of a certain class have to kill each other and the last one can leave the island where they are isolated. All of it is shown on tv for people to enjoy. Brutal and bloody ;)

Parasyte – not sure about the same atmosphere but a good old horror sci-fi manga about aliens who seem to be slowly and silently invading the planet.

Terra Formars – another alien manga. About people trying to make Mars a place to live but instead making there insanely strong mutated monsters who threaten all humans.
Jul 22, 2013 11:55 PM

Apr 2011
I have failed to find a manga truly similar to Sun-Ken Rock, all the recommendations that i have seen so far just think that if its a mafia manga, its just like SKR. But that is not what i am searching for, I am looking for a manga where the MC becomes the leader of a gang and shows how they become the leader.
*Tadakuni, Yoshitake, Hidenori*
The Tremendous Trio
Jul 23, 2013 1:10 PM

Nov 2010
hater23 said:
I have failed to find a manga truly similar to Sun-Ken Rock, all the recommendations that i have seen so far just think that if its a mafia manga, its just like SKR. But that is not what i am searching for, I am looking for a manga where the MC becomes the leader of a gang and shows how they become the leader.

I think SKR is the only manga where the MC is a badass becoming a gang leader and showing other the ropes.
Jul 24, 2013 2:12 PM

Feb 2013
I just finished reading Rave Master and i LOVED IT!
Im a sucker for a shonen manga where there is a strong protagonist and he has to go on some journey/mission/etc. and he does it with a girl and their relationship progresses along the way. Is there any manga like that? i dont want it to be filled with romance, just at the end. and if it has comedy and lot of action plz!
Fear leads to Anger. Anger leads to Hate. Hate leads to Suffering. (Yoda)
Jul 25, 2013 8:40 AM

Sep 2008
akatsukireunites said:
Im a sucker for a shonen manga where there is a strong protagonist and he has to go on some journey/mission/etc. and he does it with a girl and their relationship progresses along the way. Is there any manga like that? i dont want it to be filled with romance, just at the end. and if it has comedy and lot of action plz!

You can try these fantasy adventure comedy shounen manga:

Arata Kangatari – Got an adaptation recently. The beginning is rather slow in my opinion but it progresses nicely.

Elemental Gelade - This one is completed and pretty good.

Immortal Regis – manhwa. Has an ongoing sequel.

Magi – Also got an adaptation recently.

Monster Hunter Orage and Monster Soul– two small manga by the author of Fairy Tail and Rave.

Nanatsu no Taizai - good but new and doesn’t have many chapters for now. And the only one in this list with strong mc from the start.

The Legend of Maian – manhwa.

Watashi no Messiah-sama - completed

Superior – another Hero/Maou setting. Quite a good one and completed.
Jul 25, 2013 11:19 AM

Feb 2013
Toha said:
akatsukireunites said:

You can try these fantasy adventure comedy shounen manga:

Arata Kangatari – Got an adaptation recently. The beginning is rather slow in my opinion but it progresses nicely.

Elemental Gelade - This one is completed and pretty good.

Immortal Regis – manhwa. Has an ongoing sequel.

Magi – Also got an adaptation recently.

Monster Hunter Orage and Monster Soul– two small manga by the author of Fairy Tail and Rave.

Nanatsu no Taizai - good but new and doesn’t have many chapters for now. And the only one in this list with strong mc from the start.

The Legend of Maian – manhwa.

Watashi no Messiah-sama - completed

Superior – another Hero/Maou setting. Quite a good one and completed.

Ok! THX!
I'll check each one out!
Fear leads to Anger. Anger leads to Hate. Hate leads to Suffering. (Yoda)
Jul 25, 2013 12:39 PM
Feb 2013
I started Oyasumi Punpun a few days ago and I've finally caught up. It is SUCH A GREAT manga. I guess the same could be said for all of Asano Inio's works. I've also enjoyed reading Aku no Hana so far.

Could someone please recommend me other amazing manga similar to these in a way, so like dark, depressing, psychological with romance elements and other crazy stuff?
Jul 25, 2013 1:56 PM

Apr 2008
Anything from Fujiwara Kaoru fits very well
Jul 25, 2013 2:05 PM
Feb 2013
Wooot. I'll read all of her works that have been scanlated tonight! Thanks.

However, are there any other manga that are a bit longer because I'm looking for character development too. Again, Thanks :D
Jul 26, 2013 5:26 AM

Apr 2008
You could try Ikuhara's works (He also took part in the be-pa-pas group that created Utena). That's pretty surreal, too.
There is also Nakamura Asumiko, through she also only has short stuff. Quite mataphorical and surreal, too. Mihara Mitsukazu, too I think. (Didn't read much, since I didn't like the art.)
Fuyumi Soryo has longer ones, but I didn't like her longer ones (Mars and ES) to much. Mars felt overdone and ES hat a stupid ending.
Asides that naoki urasawa is always a good address. Mohiro Kito does a heck lot os depressing, dark, cruel and crazy stuff, too.
Saki Hiwatari also has some psychological stuff, but that's not surreal or all too crazy. Reiko Shimizu's worls are pretty dark and at least Kaguya Hime is pretty crazy too, but also not much of the surreal type.
Jul 30, 2013 3:02 PM
Mar 2012
@Rizzles

Thank you soooooo much for recommending to me Gantz a while back ;O;!!! I just finished it and it's now my fav manga... Thank you so much ;__;
Jul 31, 2013 11:36 PM

Dec 2008
Is Higanjikma worth reading?horror and fantasy are my favorite genres
Aug 1, 2013 1:27 AM

Feb 2011
crazy_girl said:
Is Higanjikma worth reading?horror and fantasy are my favorite genres

Horror I recommend:

Hideout http://myanimelist.net/manga/28361/Hideout
Zashiki onna http://myanimelist.net/manga/977/Zashiki_Onna

Aug 1, 2013 2:53 AM

Dec 2008
Thanks,sakura010 ^^
Aug 1, 2013 9:27 AM
May 2013
Looking for romance manga like Kagami no Kuni no Harisugawa :D
Aug 5, 2013 1:46 PM

Sep 2008
@Mscizor

I can try recommending you these shounen romance comedies. Some of them don’t have the supernatural tag though like Kagami no Kuni no Harisugawa so I’m not sure if it’s ok.

Ai Kora, Midori no Hibi – from the same author (also author of mahou no Iroha).

Fortune Arterial, Karin, Sankarea, Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha – supernatural stuff: vampires, zombies, yokai.

GE: Good Ending, Kimi no Iru Machi, I''s, Ichigo 100% – about the same vibe and quite long.

Pastel – too slice of life’ish

Need a Girl, Yankee-kun to Megane-chan – mostly comedy

Horimiya, Hatsukoi Limited – shorter ones

Kimiiro Focus

Nyan Koi!

Pretty Face - from the author of Kagami no Kuni no Harisugawa and Mx0 and also a good one.
Aug 9, 2013 8:36 PM

Mar 2013
If anyone can recommend a anime with some extreme fighting scenes, looking for some awesome action, something eye captivating. I have been so into slice of life and psychological anime recently i forget what type of anime originally took my breath away.

(yes yes naruto was the one that started it all i know its cliche but whatever i just need something with action xD!)

Where does the signature lead to? better find out !

~If you have time to plan out a beautiful death...Why don't you take the time to plan a beautiful life till the very end?
Aug 10, 2013 12:40 AM

Sep 2012
Hajime no Ippo is very long but I really enjoy it, its very easy to read but some people dislike how it is drawn, however it is one of my personal favorites and has a lot of fights in it, not just surrounding the main character either.

Holyland is another good one that I have been reading, a lot of brutal street fights in it if you are into that kind of thing, it is also completed, so you wont have to wait for any more chapters to be released if you see that as a +?

If you are into webcomics then I can also recommend Girls of the Wilds and Tower of God (which is not on MAL as it hasnt been published yet so doesnt qualify for a spot on the MAL database).
Aug 10, 2013 1:15 PM

Feb 2009
Anybody know some similat manga to Gate - Thus the JSDF Fought There?

Aug 12, 2013 2:53 PM

Feb 2009
Now I feel little depressed

Aug 12, 2013 3:44 PM

Sep 2012
You shouldn't feel too bad, most of the people in the club dont really read much manga, the kind of thing you are looking for is kind of niche in the manga scene anyways, modern military warfare isn't really seen that much, once in a blue moon in comparison to fantasy battles and more primitive weaponry.

Maybe try reading some Black lagoon? There is quite a lot more content than in the anime, the same with the Full Metal Panic series and also Btooom!, or maybe try Gantz, you might enjoy that, though it is a bit more sci-fi-ey.

I did a bit of searching on Baka-Updates to try and find something that might fit the setting and came across a few, but as I haven't read them, I can't judge for myself, you might find you like one or two of them so hopefully that's good enough :(

Apologies if this isn't all that much help at all, someone else might be able to give a better recommendation but I wouldn't want to get your hopes up too high, best of luck finding something good.
Aug 12, 2013 6:00 PM

Feb 2009
Thanks! I thinks I choose one from that you recommended :D

Aug 13, 2013 12:39 PM

Sep 2008
@majorkusanagi

Ah, sorry, I also saw your post but I have no idea what the gate manga is about so it was a little hard to recommend anything :P and I’m still not sure but here are some variants for you to choose from...

Berserk, Break Blade, Fullmetal Alchemist – military advanture fantasy

Chou Dokyuu Shoujo 4946, Black Cat, Ashita Dorobou – more easygoing ones
Aug 14, 2013 8:48 PM

Feb 2013
Can someone please recommend me a good fighting manga like in Holyland. I just want that same sense of epicness I got from the intense fights.

Aug 15, 2013 3:42 AM

Sep 2008
-Avarco- said:
Can someone please recommend me a good fighting manga like in Holyland. I just want that same sense of epicness I got from the intense fights.

Might try Tenjou Tenge, The Breaker and The Breaker: New Waves, Gekiryuuchi.
Aug 15, 2013 12:55 PM

Mar 2013
@rizzles , thanks for recommending holyland! i recently started it and its pretty good! to anyone reading this wanting a fighting manga and have not tried holyland, well try it out~!

Where does the signature lead to? better find out !

~If you have time to plan out a beautiful death...Why don't you take the time to plan a beautiful life till the very end?
Aug 15, 2013 1:44 PM

Sep 2008
@-Avarco-

Hm, you can also try these ones:

Double Arts, Gun x Clover, Ikkitousen, Teppuu, AR∀GO, Kurokami, XBlade
Aug 15, 2013 7:03 PM

Feb 2013
@Konik

Thanks for recommending me Gekiryuuchi it was AMAZING and extremely badass.

Aug 22, 2013 12:34 AM

Feb 2011
Any recommendation of comedy? less than 150 chapters please!

I don't like harem...

Thanks ^_^

Aug 22, 2013 3:29 AM

Sep 2008
sakura010 said:

I don't like harem...

Thanks ^_^

Mudazumo Naki Kaikaku
Aug 22, 2013 5:25 AM

Sep 2012
@sakura010

Chikan Otoko - More of a drama with comic elements to it, still one of my favorite reads that really took me by surprise even though it's in such high regard. This is about your average antisocial guy who gets mistaken for a stalker whilst walking home, and ends up joining the accusers circle of friends.

Kaichou wa Maid-sama! - Will be finished after the next few chapters, very funny and has some likable characters in it too, Usui for best male lead in a shoujo romance in my book. It is about the school president who also works at a maid cafe, which she is trying to hide from the other people at her school.

Kikou Shoujo wa Kizutsukanai - I don't know how you are with ecchi's but this one isn't all that noticeable, the students in this manga use "dolls" which come in different forms and they control them. This is originally a light novel and is also getting an anime next season though so you may wish to go for either of them if you want to read it.

Mx0 - Again, I don't know how you are with ecchi's but this is nothing too revealing/hardcore, i didn't even notice it for a really long time. It is about a magicians high school in which the wizards use cards as a basis for their power, the protagonist fails his entrance exam, but through some comical circumstances winds up being allowed in with a special card that noone knows about.

One-Punch Man - Has a lot of great single pages, you can see people make gifs out of them and they look like black and white anime, its about the protagonist who starts at the top, he simply is the most powerful, so powerful that nothing is really a challenge for him and so he becomes bored of his own power.

Yotsubato! - One that I haven't read any of but it seems very popular, everyone I know who is reading it seems to have given it an 8 or above.
Aug 23, 2013 5:07 PM

Jun 2013
sakura010 said:

I don't like harem...

Thanks ^_^

Hmmmm... most of the funny ones I would recommend have a harem element to them, but I can try..

http://myanimelist.net/manga/35309/Inugami_Hime_no_Shimobe <-- Is starting out pretty good
http://myanimelist.net/manga/30977/Jigokuren:_Love_in_the_Hell <-- one of my favorites period. Not sure how you are with ecchi but its really funny at times
http://myanimelist.net/manga/39839/In_Bura!:_Bishoujo_Kyuuketsuki_no_Hazukashii_Himitsu <-- again, a bit of ecchi but the comedy is pretty good
Aug 24, 2013 12:01 AM

Feb 2009
Rizzles said:
@sakura010
Yotsubato! - One that I haven't read any of but it seems very popular, everyone I know who is reading it seems to have given it an 8 or above.

Then you probably should start reading it...now! Well, if you like comedy that is. It's very amusing and intriguing on top of being comical.

Mx0 is well, good but got axed so it didn't get a proper finale. Just a warning. Still worth a read.
Aug 24, 2013 3:16 AM

Sep 2012
@Shiroux

More that it ended perfectly for a sequel....and then never got one ;( bit of a shame but it was still good though.
Aug 24, 2013 11:37 PM

Feb 2011
Thanks to everyone for your recommendations, I hope to slowly reading them ^_^

Aug 25, 2013 2:50 AM

Jun 2013
sakura010 said:
Thanks to everyone for your recommendations, I hope to slowly reading them ^_^

np, hope you enjoy them!
Sep 22, 2013 8:05 PM
Feb 2013
Looking for any rom/coms or action romance genre manga
Onegai :D
DERP
Sep 24, 2013 9:23 AM

Sep 2008
Hm there are just too many of those. You can try:

Hayate no Gotoku!
Countrouble; Trinity Seven – both from the author of Psycho Busters.
Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha
Inu x Boku SS
Kagami no Kuni no Harisugawa; Pretty Face – both from the author of MxO
Koisome Momiji
Maga-Tsuki
Nagasarete Airantou
Tokyo Innocent
Yankee-kun to Megane-chan and from the same author - Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo
Oct 15, 2013 4:11 PM

Mar 2009
Action/romance - Basara.
Oct 22, 2013 7:26 AM

Apr 2012
Looking for good shoujo romance manga. I'll accept anyting, but please check my list first. Thanks
Oct 22, 2013 7:41 AM

Sep 2012
@Suntears
Hiyokoi
Kyou no Kira-kun - Not many chapters released after the first batch translated to English
Nineteen, Twenty-One - Is a webtoon but is on MAL, has nice colored pages, the only one from this list that is completed.
Sukitte Ii na yo.
Oct 22, 2013 5:09 PM

Apr 2012
Thanks Rizzles :D
Oct 22, 2013 5:17 PM

Oct 2009
I second nineteen, Twenty-one, I really liked that manga.
Another one I am reading that is nice is Bonnouji.

You have Emma on your list, I think you would find that a good read, and if you like the author, check out Otoyomegatari and even Shirley.

Oct 22, 2013 6:38 PM

Apr 2012
Added all of them to my PTR list. Thanks SerasAshley :D
Oct 28, 2013 5:28 AM
Oct 2013
Just joined the club and I don't know if it's been asked already but I'm looking for a manga like Tokyo Crazy Paradise :) I've already read Grand Sun and Gokusen which have the gang theme and have read Ouran Highschool Host Club, Hana-Kimi and Power to get the gender bender. Can anyone recommend something that's as long (100+ chapters) with one or both of these themes. Oh and I love a good comedy too ^_^
Oct 29, 2013 10:46 AM

Sep 2008
Hm, this may not be a very useful since I don’t have much knowledge in the shoujo genre (especially with an exact theme of gangs or gender bender + a long one) :P but you can try Houkago Hokenshitsu – a shoujo I liked, though it’s not that long and its gender bender isn’t that clear… anyway it’s just a little recommendation for you while more helpful ones are in progress ;)
Oct 30, 2013 3:00 AM
Oct 2013
Thanks I'll check it out. it can be a shounen manga and doesn't have to have all those characteristics just one would be enough to interest me
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (15) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » Introductions ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

imperlast - Jun 14, 2010

1415 by KokoroEnoMesseji »»
Mar 26, 8:21 PM

» Mecha Manga

PlasticRobot - Feb 23

0 by PlasticRobot »»
Feb 23, 7:05 PM

» Recomend any manga and i will read it!!

Tamurax - Feb 2

2 by Fauzy_Weliady »»
Feb 5, 7:15 PM

» Guys, check my paintings - Tribute to Makoto Shinkai

mufarari - Jan 13

1 by Tamurax »»
Feb 2, 7:36 AM

» I need manga

Charizardexbb - Jan 28

0 by Charizardexbb »»
Jan 28, 6:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.