Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 14, 2011 10:15 PM

Oct 2009
This thread is where you ask for recommendations of all genre's. It is really helpful, and will allow you to get more detailed responses, if you include information on the type of manga you have read, the genre's you prefer, and any other specifications you have in mind.

Edit:
Just don't forget to go to last page. :P
KonikJul 2, 2014 4:49 PM

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (15) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 15, 2011 9:06 AM

Aug 2009
Does this mean there will also be Manga Experts??
Oct 15, 2011 9:11 AM

Dec 2010
Pyapi said:
Does this mean there will also be Manga Experts??

I think the anime expert thread might refer to both anime and manga. I am however not sure, if you want to double check contact Motion_Menace and ask her.
Oct 15, 2011 12:26 PM

Oct 2009
Someone suggested that we have a separate thread for general manga recs, (before everything got erased ) and I thought it was a good idea since they do not always follow hand in hand, so I made this thread. I think it is safe to say we have quite a few members with a large knowledge of manga here as well as anime. Some have been very helpful to me already.

Oct 22, 2011 12:09 PM
Jul 2018
I'm looking for a good fantasy and/or action manga with lead female strong characters.
I prefer finished manga but ( that's facultative ) the publishing ones(that are not finished yet) are also good.^^
What do you recommend me(before watch my manga list)?
Oct 22, 2011 12:17 PM

Oct 2009
Claymore has lots of strong female characters, and it is a fantasy with loads of action.

Oct 22, 2011 1:02 PM
Jul 2018
Thanks for the recommendations!^^
I'll try to read them.
Oct 22, 2011 1:27 PM

Dec 2010
Anyone got any good manga to suggest? Something addictive, keeps you wanting to read more. :P

Most genres will do. Action/fantasy or Comedy if you really need something to go on. (But again, anything should be fine)
Oct 22, 2011 3:58 PM

Aug 2009
Searching for manga similar to Tsubasa Chronicles, preferable fantasy/sci-fi genres.
Thanks in advance :)
Oct 22, 2011 6:08 PM

Aug 2009
jesiolek said:
Searching for manga similar to Tsubasa Chronicles, preferable fantasy/sci-fi genres.
Thanks in advance :)

RG Veda - It's one of CLAMP's older works, fantasy as well, and very VERY good.
Ludwig Revolution - It's based off of the Grimm brother's fairy tales. It's pretty short and really entertaining.
Chrno Crusade - Romance, sci-fi, fantasy, I think it fits well what you're looking for. And it's very good.

Clu3less said:
Anyone got any good manga to suggest? Something addictive, keeps you wanting to read more. :P

Most genres will do. Action/fantasy or Comedy if you really need something to go on. (But again, anything should be fine)

Rurouni Kenshin - It's got a lot of action and some comedy. It's also one of my favorite series and I consider it quite addicting.
+Anima - Fantasy, and a very good series.

P.S. - Absolutely loved your list's layout Clu3less *O*
Oct 22, 2011 11:16 PM

Dec 2010
Pyapi said:

Clu3less said:

Rurouni Kenshin - It's got a lot of action and some comedy. It's also one of my favorite series and I consider it quite addicting.
+Anima - Fantasy, and a very good series.

P.S. - Absolutely loved your list's layout Clu3less *O*

Thanks for the recommendations, and thanks for the compliment. ^^ It was made for me by a friend for my birthday. :)
Clu3lessOct 23, 2011 1:21 AM
Oct 25, 2011 3:47 AM

Jun 2011
Miko try Saver. The manga is already finished. It got a strong female lead.
Nov 28, 2011 10:29 AM
Jul 2018
I'm kind of picky when it comes to manga (because my tastes change so much). Right now, I'm sort of looking for a manga that has romance/adventure (maybe action too). I don't like things with demons, werewolves, vampires, witches, paranormal stuff, etc, so I don't really go near any paranormal/supernatural/fantasy genres (there are some exceptions like Adventure and Trouble Diary).

If possible, I want the female lead to be strong (Like in Crazy Tokyo Paradise). Sorry for all the requests, I'm just in desperate need of a good manga right now.
Nov 28, 2011 11:05 AM

Aug 2009
Emillia901 said:
I'm kind of picky when it comes to manga (because my tastes change so much). Right now, I'm sort of looking for a manga that has romance/adventure (maybe action too). I don't like things with demons, werewolves, vampires, witches, paranormal stuff, etc, so I don't really go near any paranormal/supernatural/fantasy genres (there are some exceptions like Adventure and Trouble Diary).

If possible, I want the female lead to be strong (Like in Crazy Tokyo Paradise). Sorry for all the requests, I'm just in desperate need of a good manga right now.

I was about to suggest Chrno Crusade until I read the no demons things. Darn!

I can't think of any series that are romantic/adventure that have strong female leads. BUT, I can suggest a few romantic series with strong leads:

Skip Beat! - I checked your list and you didn't have it there. It's by the same mangaka as Crazy Tokyo Paradise and from the few chapters I managed to read of it, it has a pretty strong lead.

Kakumei no Hi - The female lead used to be a guy (literally) so she's pretty strong. It's very short though...

W-Juliet - Lead girl's pretty strong. Though I don't know how you'll feel about the guy cross-dressing!

Hana Kimi - Girl's really stubborn and pretty strong.

I'm sorry if they don't have a lot of Adventure or Action in them. Hopefully someone else might more accurately recommend something for you. Either way, I hope my little list might help get started ^^
Nov 28, 2011 1:16 PM
Jul 2018
Pyapi said:
Emillia901 said:

I was about to suggest Chrno Crusade until I read the no demons things. Darn!

I can't think of any series that are romantic/adventure that have strong female leads. BUT, I can suggest a few romantic series with strong leads:

Skip Beat! - I checked your list and you didn't have it there. It's by the same mangaka as Crazy Tokyo Paradise and from the few chapters I managed to read of it, it has a pretty strong lead.

Kakumei no Hi - The female lead used to be a guy (literally) so she's pretty strong. It's very short though...

W-Juliet - Lead girl's pretty strong. Though I don't know how you'll feel about the guy cross-dressing!

Hana Kimi - Girl's really stubborn and pretty strong.

I'm sorry if they don't have a lot of Adventure or Action in them. Hopefully someone else might more accurately recommend something for you. Either way, I hope my little list might help get started ^^

lolz skip beat is actually one of my favorite mangas right now! I've also read Hana Kimi (and so loved it). Thanks for the suggestions =^_^=
Nov 28, 2011 2:06 PM

Aug 2009
I thought it was weird when Skip Beat didn't show up in your list. Most people know Crazy Tokyo Paradise because of Skip Beat xD
Nov 28, 2011 2:16 PM
Jul 2018
Pyapi said:
I thought it was weird when Skip Beat didn't show up in your list. Most people know Crazy Tokyo Paradise because of Skip Beat xD

Haha to tell you the truth, someone from Y!A recommended that I read Tokyo Paradise so I did. I didn't find out that they were by the same author until like a week later ^^;
Nov 28, 2011 4:30 PM

Jan 2009
Emillia901 said:

Try reading this:
http://myanimelist.net/manga/3537/Yankee-kun_to_Megane-chan
Nov 28, 2011 6:44 PM
Jul 2018
Gpglssp said:
Emillia901 said:

Try reading this:

seems promising. I'll check it out today (after I write my essay XD) thank you for the suggestion! =^_^= If you have any more, I'm open to check out a few.
Nov 28, 2011 10:38 PM

Jan 2009
Emillia901 said:
Gpglssp said:
Emillia901 said:

Try reading this:

seems promising. I'll check it out today (after I write my essay XD) thank you for the suggestion! =^_^= If you have any more, I'm open to check out a few.

try reading this too:
http://myanimelist.net/manga.php?id=1926
Dec 4, 2011 1:00 AM

Jul 2010
I'm looking to get into manga in general. Never really made a real effort to besides H-manga which really inflated my manga count.. when in reality I maybe only read one or two non-H ones.

So I guess I'm just looking for the "must-reads" or whichever is great really. I'm open to pretty much anything and will check out any suggestions.

Ah yes, if there is a criteria.. I'd prefer it if it doesn't have an anime counterpart. Not a huge deal even if it does though. Thanks!
Dec 4, 2011 5:18 PM

Jul 2010
Thanks. I'll check them out.
Dec 4, 2011 11:19 PM
Jul 2018
started reading manga recently cause the anime adaptions didnt cut it
and now i've jumped into manga without anime adaptions like eternal sabbath and the breaker
i enjoyed berserk and gantz alot too (havent seen berserk anime)
also loved the comedy of sora no otoshimono and full metal panic

so im currently searching for psychological, thriller, comedy or w/e related genres
nothing thats overdone and unnecessary text heavy
Dec 5, 2011 1:45 AM

Jan 2009
http://myanimelist.net/manga/18019/Countrouble - romance comedy
http://myanimelist.net/manga/1101/Akumetsu - psychological, thriller
http://myanimelist.net/manga/12586/Eden_no_Ori - thriller
http://myanimelist.net/manga/10249/Veritas - if you like The Breaker you might like this; has comedy
http://myanimelist.net/manga/1414/SKET_Dance - comedy
http://myanimelist.net/manga/894/Rosario+Vampire - comedy more to action though, gets better with the second series
Dec 5, 2011 3:46 AM
Jul 2018
took in akumetsu, edn no ori and rosario+vampire
thanks Gpglssp
Dec 8, 2011 4:21 AM

Aug 2010
can someone recommend a good Romace/Fantasy with dragons?

Like anyone have read the book eragon.
Hey,Nana, do you remember our first encounter?

nee 、 nana ha 、 watashi tachi no saisho no deai oboe te?

ちょっと、ナナ、最初の出会いを覚えてますか?
Dec 9, 2011 2:23 AM
Oct 2010
Gpglssp said:
http://myanimelist.net/manga/18019/Countrouble - romance comedy
http://myanimelist.net/manga/1101/Akumetsu - psychological, thriller
http://myanimelist.net/manga/12586/Eden_no_Ori - thriller
http://myanimelist.net/manga/10249/Veritas - if you like The Breaker you might like this; has comedy
http://myanimelist.net/manga/1414/SKET_Dance - comedy
http://myanimelist.net/manga/894/Rosario+Vampire - comedy more to action though, gets better with the second series

Thanks! ;)
Dec 9, 2011 7:44 AM
Jan 2011
i wish for something like naruto and sasuke , legend of legendary heroes
friends becomes enemies and FIGHT
Dec 13, 2011 7:10 PM
May 2011
UltimatePleasure said:

I have :) actually i've read up to brisinger it's a pretty good series
Dec 13, 2011 7:14 PM
May 2011
Oh and by the way does any have any must see anime, i haven't seen all that many, though I'm just now finishing Soul Eater
Dec 14, 2011 11:49 PM

Mar 2011
UltimatePleasure said:
can someone recommend a good Romace/Fantasy with dragons?

It isn't much, nor are the scanlators very active, but:
http://myanimelist.net/manga/17402/Dragon_Who
is about dragons with a type of romance.

It isn't like Eragon though.
Dec 16, 2011 9:18 AM
Jul 2018
Chess4ever said:
Oh and by the way does any have any must see anime, i haven't seen all that many, though I'm just now finishing Soul Eater

Well since you've already seen Castle in the Sky and Howl's Moving Castle, you might enjoy Nausicaa Valley of the Wind and Princess Mononoke.
Dec 16, 2011 9:15 PM
May 2011
Emillia901 said:
Chess4ever said:

Well since you've already seen Castle in the Sky and Howl's Moving Castle, you might enjoy Nausicaa Valley of the Wind and Princess Mononoke.

Thanks a ton :)
Dec 17, 2011 9:21 AM
Jul 2018
Chess4ever said:
Emillia901 said:
Chess4ever said:

Thanks a ton :)

No prob!
Dec 17, 2011 5:22 PM

Oct 2011
I am looking for a nice horror manga ^^
any suggestions?
Dec 17, 2011 9:26 PM

Oct 2009
Alive
Another-I want to read this on myself
Hellsing
I have heard that Bokurano is good.
Doubt (Rabbit Doubt) was a pretty good manga.

Dec 18, 2011 5:47 AM

Jan 2009
sorrarios said:
I am looking for a nice horror manga ^^
any suggestions?

Anything by Junji Ito.
What makes you really feel secure is knowing that somebody more pathetic than yourself exists out there.
Dec 18, 2011 7:40 AM

Oct 2011
Thx people.
Dec 18, 2011 6:53 PM
Jul 2018
So I'm close to finishing Steins; Gate (so close! T.T) and afterwards I plan to get back into reading manga. I'm looking for some new ones to add to my "plan to read list". Preferably something that's:

romance/ comedy/ action/ adventure (the other 3 genres don't necessarily have to have that big of a presence) Also, if possible can there not be 2 much drama in it? (It's not that I don't like it, I'm just not in the mood for it at the moment).

Thanks in advance! =^_^=
Dec 18, 2011 7:26 PM

Jan 2009
Emillia901 said:
So I'm close to finishing Steins; Gate (so close! T.T) and afterwards I plan to get back into reading manga. I'm looking for some new ones to add to my "plan to read list". Preferably something that's:

romance/ comedy/ action/ adventure (the other 3 genres don't necessarily have to have that big of a presence) Also, if possible can there not be 2 much drama in it? (It's not that I don't like it, I'm just not in the mood for it at the moment).

Thanks in advance! =^_^=

Mysterious Girlfriend X
Countrouble - romance comedy
Mahou Sensei Negima! - it switches from romance comedy to action from time to time, its better than the anime adaption
Tasogare Otome x Amnesia - romance, with little comedy
GpglsspDec 18, 2011 7:32 PM
Dec 18, 2011 8:03 PM

Apr 2011
Emillia901 said:

Thanks in advance! =^_^=

The Lucifer and Biscuit Hammer - An amusing Action manga that I felt was different than most manga/anime I've been exposed to. Not too long either (65 chapters).
If you try it out, let me know what you think :)
Dec 20, 2011 12:40 PM

Nov 2011
(Just a random recommendation :D) If you like comedy/ school/ romance you should check this out http://myanimelist.net/manga/31499/Nisekoi
It is a really funny one!
SooKwangDec 20, 2011 1:23 PM
Dec 20, 2011 3:07 PM
Jul 2018
Thanks for the suggestions everyone! XD
Dec 20, 2011 4:19 PM

Jan 2009
Emillia901 said:

Thanks in advance! =^_^=

I'm assuming you like the romance genre more, so I'm basing some of my recommendations from that.

Double Arts
Ann Cassandra
Her Majesty's Dog
Meguraian no Kimi
Tokyo Crazy Paradise - The art could hurt your eyes
Urooboe Uroboros!
Wanted

Something Yuu Watase?
What makes you really feel secure is knowing that somebody more pathetic than yourself exists out there.
Dec 20, 2011 4:29 PM
Jul 2018
khrymson said:
Emillia901 said:

Thanks in advance! =^_^=

I'm assuming you like the romance genre more, so I'm basing some of my recommendations from that.

Double Arts
Ann Cassandra
Her Majesty's Dog
Meguraian no Kimi
Tokyo Crazy Paradise - The art could hurt your eyes
Urooboe Uroboros!
Wanted

Something Yuu Watase?

Thanks! I've already read Toko Crazy Paradise (it was AWSUM!) but Double Arts, Ann Cassandra and Wanted seem pretty cool! ^^
Dec 20, 2011 4:38 PM

Jan 2009
Emillia901 said:

Thanks! I've already read Toko Crazy Paradise (it was AWSUM!) but Double Arts, Ann Cassandra and Wanted seem pretty cool! ^^

Yeah. TCP was cool.

I do recommend reading Meguraian no Kimi. It a one shot so it's quite a short read.
Dec 20, 2011 4:41 PM
Jul 2018
khrymson said:
Emillia901 said:

Yeah. TCP was cool.

I do recommend reading Meguraian no Kimi. It a one shot so it's quite a short read.

Lolz, I was just reading the summary that they had for it and it looks like it'll be pretty funny! Thanks again for the recommendations (I'll let you know how they go!) =^_^=
Dec 20, 2011 4:45 PM

Jan 2009
Emillia901 said:
I'll let you know how they go! =^_^=

Thanks. :)
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (15) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » Introductions ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

imperlast - Jun 14, 2010

1415 by KokoroEnoMesseji »»
Mar 26, 8:21 PM

» Mecha Manga

PlasticRobot - Feb 23

0 by PlasticRobot »»
Feb 23, 7:05 PM

» Recomend any manga and i will read it!!

Tamurax - Feb 2

2 by Fauzy_Weliady »»
Feb 5, 7:15 PM

» Guys, check my paintings - Tribute to Makoto Shinkai

mufarari - Jan 13

1 by Tamurax »»
Feb 2, 7:36 AM

» I need manga

Charizardexbb - Jan 28

0 by Charizardexbb »»
Jan 28, 6:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.