Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 26, 2008 10:15 AM

Jul 2007
Here's a little list of every manga and anime based on a manga by a member of the Year 24 Group that I've been able to find translated into English. If anyone has any more info, please add it!

☆ white stars indicate series that are being actively translated
★ black stars indicate oneshots and series that are completely translated

Yasuko Aoike

Der Freischutz - Partially scanlated by ? (download)

☆ El Halcon - Being scanlated by The Pink Panzer

☆ From Eroica With Love - Formerly licensed by CMX (now OOP); being scanlated by The Pink Panzer

Plus Ultra (artbook) - Being scanned by The Pink Panzer

★ Z - Scanlated by Onadoru Euphoria

Moto Hagio

★ A, A' - Once Licensed by Viz; OOP

★ A Drunken Dream and Other Stories - collection of various short stories now released by Fantagraphics.

Anywhere But Here series:
★ The Willow Tree - Scanlated by SCX-Scans (also included in A Drunken Dream and Other Stories)
★ Yama e Iku - Scanlated by The Distaff Side

★ Hanshin - Once appeared in an issue of Animerica, now downloadable )also included in A Drunken Dream and Other Stories)

★ Iguana no Musume - Scanlated by Wonder Project J (also included in A Drunken Dream and Other Stories)

☆ Marginal - Being scanlated by The Pink Panzer

★ The November Gynmasium - Title story of collection scanlated by Onadaru Euphoria

☆ Poe no Ichizoku - Partially scanlated by Obsession (dropped); being scanlated by Forgotten Gem Box

★ R is for Rocket - Scanlated by Happy Scans

★ Slow Down - Scanlated by Kotonoha

★ Thomas no Shinzou - Licensed and recently released by Fantagraphics

★ They Were 11 (anime) - Licensed by CPM
They Were 11 (manga) - The main story (about half of the Japanese volume) was once licensed by Viz and printed in Four Shoujo Stories as well as in four comic-sized issues; OOP (Four Shojo Stories is expensive to buy used, but the four smaller volumes are easy to find and cheap on ebay)

☆ Zankoku na Kami ga Shihai Suru - Partially scanlated by The Pink Panzer, then Gao-Subs, then Carfisher (read/download in that order)
(Godless Scans also did a chapter that groups listed above have covered)

Ryoko Ikeda

★ Claudine...! - Fully scanlated by Lililicious

★ Oniisama E... (anime) Fully fansubbed by The TechnoGirls (torrent)
★ Oniisama E... (manga) - Scanlated by Lililicious (main story complete, although an unrelated oneshot in the last volume has yet to be released)

Orpheus no Mado - Partially scanlated by Storm in Heaven (dropped)

Porando Hishi Ten no Hate Made - Partially scanlated by both Yakuza (dead, including links, but files are probably floating around somewhere?) and Gomasuri (supposedly).

★ Rose of Versailles (anime) - Fansubbed by Live-Evil
★ Rose of Versailles (manga) - Scanlated by Lililicious (ch. 1-18) and RoV Scans (the rest)

Rose of Versailles Kids (Berubara Kids) - Filled with unconnected 4koma, you can find random strips scanlated at Bijou Blade and this thread on the Lady Oscar forums

Yumiko Ooshima

★ Banana Bread Pudding - Fully scanlated by HotCakes.

☆ Kinpatsu no Sougun - Title story scanlated by HotCakes

☆ Kusakanmori no Hime - oneshot scanlated by HotCakes

☆ Star of Cottonland (manga) - Partially scanlated by Friendship Scans (more chapters available on their online manga reader than to download)
★ Star of Cottonland (anime) - Fully fansubbed by Honobono

★ Summertime - oneshot scanlated by The Distaff Side.

Keiko Takemiya

★ Andromeda Stories - Licensed by Vertical

★ Kaze to Ki no Uta (anime) - Fully fansubbed by aarinfantasy
☆ Kaze to Ki no Uta (manga) - Partially scanlated by several groups: Persepolis130 (also has artbook, music, and anime downloads), then Scarlet Carnival, then The Artemis Project (read/download in that order)
(Obsession also did the chapters that Persepolis130 later redid, but they are known to have difficult-to-read translations.)

★ Natsu e no Tobira (manga) - Title story of collection scanlated by Doki-Doki
★ Natsu e no Tobira (anime) - Fully fansubbed by Ochiba Anime, floating around somewhere

☆ Pharaoh no Haka - Partially scanlated by Bread Tramslataions

☆ Tenma no Ketsuzoku - Partially scanlated by ShoujoMagic (dropped), then picked up from there by A Willful Muse

Toki wo Yuku Uma - Partially scanlated by Half-Baked Scanlations

★ To Terra... (movie) - Licensed by Nozomi
★ To Terra... (TV) - Licensed by Bandai Entertainment
★ To Terra... (manga) - Licensed by Vertical

Vienna Concerto - The short story "Nordiska Sonata" was scanlated by The Distaff Side.

Ryoko Yamagishi

★ Hatshepsut - Scanlated by Lililicious

☆ Hi Izuru Tokoro no Tenshi - Partially scanlated by HotCakes & Onadoru Euphoria

★ Shiroi Heya no Futari - Scanlated by Lililicious
AnomalousJun 7, 2013 10:01 AM

oh, these little earthquakes
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Jul 26, 2008 10:39 PM

Mar 2008
Woah...I didn't know Porando Hishi Ten no Hate Made and Slow Down were available...Thanks, man! Here are a few other releases I've tracked down:

Yasuko Aoike
Der Freischutz - I have no clue who scanlated this, but it can be found here
Z - partially scanlated by who knows who; can be found here

Moto Hagio
Poe no Ichizoku - being scanlated by Obsession
Zankoku na Kami ga Shihai Suru - part of the first chapter was scanlated by Tamanegi, a no longer existing group; if I can find what I did with that scanlation, I'll upload because I have no clue where to find it

Keiko Takemiya
Natsu e no Tobira - I have no clue who had subbed this, but you can watch this movie with English subs here

Supposedly, Lililicious will be scanlating Futarippochi by Riyoko Ikeda in the distant future. The Pink Panzer was going to scanlate Sons of Eve, Marginal, and Zankoku na Kami ga Shihai Suru, but they seem to have gone AWOL. Wah.
Jul 27, 2008 11:43 AM

Jul 2007
GarnetJello said:

Keiko Takemiya
Natsu e no Tobira - I have no clue who had subbed this, but you can watch this movie with English subs here

Nice! I had no idea it got fansubbed. With that in mind, I did find the downloads, although I can't figure out the group.
AnomalousJul 27, 2008 8:43 PM

Jul 27, 2008 2:32 PM

Mar 2008
Well, I couldn't find Zankoku na Kami ga Shihai Suru on my computer, but I did find a link to it: http://sharebee.com/9268fda6

Oh, and there's this one user on LiveJournal who has a TON of raw scans of classic shoujo manga. (I've noticed that she has recently password-protected her downloads due to bandwidth issues, though I'm pretty certain she'll give out passwords if you ask for them.) It would be cool if someone would scanlate these because it seems as if hardly any company is up to officially releasing this stuff. Anyway, her downloads are indexed at: http://darklightshine.livejournal.com/95056.html
GarnetJelloSep 20, 2008 5:36 PM
Jul 27, 2008 4:06 PM

Jul 2007
GarnetJello said:

Oh, and there's this one user on LiveJournal who has a TON of raw scans of classic shoujo manga. (I've noticed that she has recently password-protected her downloads due to bandwidth issues, though I'm pretty certain she'll give out passwords if you ask for them.) It would be cool if someone would scanlate these because it seems as if hardly company is up to officially releasing this stuff. Anyway, her downloads are indexed at: [url=http://darklightshine.livejournal.com/95056.html]http://darklightshine.livejournal.com/95056.html

Holy macaroni! I'd be grabbing stuff like crazy if that wouldn't just be a great way to torture myself since I can't read a word.

And hey, she uploaded Four Shoujo Stories, too. :D

Jul 27, 2008 6:32 PM
May 2008
Thank you so much for the info! I didn't know that some of them were Licensed.
Jul 28, 2008 12:01 AM

Jul 2007
Oh, hey, the things you find at three AM!

Hagio Moto
The Maiden at the Temple (short)
Space Street (also short)
A scene from Toma no Shinzou
A scene from Poe no Ichizoku

(And in general, if you have a LJ you must join this community.
AnomalousJul 28, 2008 12:12 AM

Jul 30, 2008 5:11 PM

Nov 2007
This guide is such a great help!!! I never knew there were so many scanlations of these great works available!!!

There is one title I would like to add to the list;

Swan by Kyoko Ariyoshi. A ballet story that is currently being published by CMX. It was run in Margaret from 1976 to 1981.

Thank you so much this great list!!
Aug 3, 2008 6:30 PM

Mar 2008
If you're a bit squeamish about downloading video files via BitTorrent, The Star of Cottonland has been uploaded at Crunchyroll at http://www.crunchyroll.com/media-76953/The-Star-of-Cottonland-Movie-Movie-1.html.

Also, I feel as if I'm one of the few fans of classic manga who really has a hard time getting into Swan. I don't know if it's largely because the frantic tone of sports manga in general kind of unnerves me or what. The artwork of Swan is quite nice, but I still haven't been able to read through the entire first volume.
Sep 1, 2008 12:43 PM

Sep 2007
I don’t know if this guide is restricted to English titles only, but I’ve noticed two series by Riyoko Ikeda that are avaible in French / German / Spanish but not in English. For those who are interested:

ROSE OF VERSAILLES
[french] La Rose de Versailles, fully published by Kana in 3 volumes.
http://www.mangakana.com/s2524/La-Rose-de-Versailles-Lady-Oscar.html
[german] Die Rosen von Versailles, fully published by Carlsen Comics in 7 volumes. OOP
[spanish] La Rosa de Versalles, fully published by Akaze Ediciones in 5 volumes. No idea if they still print this.

ORPHEUS’ WINDOW
[spanish] La Ventana de Orfeo, 3 out of 14 volumes published. Still publishing, volume 4 seems to be announced soon.
http://www.edicionesglenat.es/asp/serie.asp?pSer=356&pNum=01&pPag=1
Sep 14, 2008 6:36 PM

Mar 2008
I gots no problems with listing non-English titles. Seriously, despite what some people love to think, English isn't everyone's first language.

Apparently, some group called "Ochiba Anime" was the one who fansubbed Natsu e no Tobira; I haven't been able to find out anything more about these guys other than the fact it seems that they may have subbed a few others things. I'd like to clean up some of the grammatical errors and font face on their Natsu e no Tobira subs (and change them into hard subs), but the link to the actual subs in the above link is dead, and same goes for a bunch of torrents for this movie. I wonder if I can some how rip them from Crunchyroll...
Oct 13, 2008 9:07 PM

Mar 2008
Good news! I found an on-line reader that has copies of Yakuza's Porando Hishi Ten no Hate Made scanlations. Here's the URL at which you can access it:
http://www.mangafox.com/page/manga/series/2322/porando_hishi_ten_no_hate_made/
Nov 7, 2008 11:43 AM

Mar 2008
Hmm, well I just read the second volume of Swan the other day, and frankly, I can say that it restored my faith in that series. I'm glad to see that not every illustrated moment is going to make feel as if I'm going to have a heart-attack! (I had bought the second volume for cheap, but sadly, because of store's going out-of-business sale.)

I think it's going to be one of those series that I'll read whenever I'm between the stuff that's more top-priority for me.
Dec 25, 2008 11:14 AM

Jul 2007
The Pink Panzer just released the prologue of Moto Hagio's Marginal. I'm having trouble accessing the file at the moment, though.

Jan 22, 2009 11:37 AM

Jun 2008
First post ever :)

La Rosa de Versailles is still available in Spain, it's the bunko edition.
La Ventana de Orfeo is Fairbell edition (newest one), comes with some (one or two lol) color pages.

It's a shame we don't have more classic manga in Spain u.u

Jan 23, 2009 1:21 AM

Jan 2008
Joined too - I'm the one with the above-mentioned LJ raw collection ^^ If you want a downloadable version of those scanlated chapters of Poland Hishi Ten no Hate Made instead of reading online, just tell me, I have the zips :)
Jan 23, 2009 12:00 PM

Jul 2007
Darklight-Angel said:
Joined too - I'm the one with the above-mentioned LJ raw collection ^^ If you want a downloadable version of those scanlated chapters of Poland Hishi Ten no Hate Made instead of reading online, just tell me, I have the zips :)

I for one would love to get my hands on these.

Jan 24, 2009 12:41 AM

Jan 2008
Sent you a message ^^
Feb 18, 2009 6:02 PM

Jul 2007
Updated to include The Pink Panzer's new projects: Marginal and Zankoku na Kami ga Shihai Suru! I love the internet.

Also added everything (?) posted in this thread to the first post.

GarnetJello said:
Der Freischutz - I have no clue who scanlated this, but it can be found here

Is it just me or is this series no longer at that url? :(
AnomalousFeb 18, 2009 6:11 PM

Mar 9, 2009 5:49 PM

Sep 2007
GarnetJello said:

[Moto Hagio
Poe no Ichizoku - being scanlated by Obsession

This one is still missing in the master list.

The first two chapters of Thomas no Shinzou (also by Hagio Moto) are also scanlated. No idea by whom though.
Mar 11, 2009 11:31 AM

Mar 2008
I didn't realize that a tiny bit of Thomas no Shinzou had been scanlated! Here are the download links M-U has listed for those chapters:

-Thomas no Shinzou part one: http://sharebee.com/417f550e
-Thomas no Shinzou part one (version two) + part two: http://sharebee.com/45a0b0a7 (warning: the ZShare and RapidShare links for file do not work)

And, dangit, I can't find the website that has the alternate link to Der Freischutz. If I can where I had stored it, I might just upload that scanlation myself!
GarnetJelloMar 11, 2009 11:51 AM
Mar 11, 2009 2:05 PM

Apr 2008
GarnetJello said:
And, dangit, I can't find the website that has the alternate link to Der Freischutz. If I can where I had stored it, I might just upload that scanlation myself!

Maybe you won't need to, the link to Rapidshare for it seems to be working just fine.

Also, thanks for the Thomas no Shinzou links, Moto Hagio really deserves far more acclaim and recognition (not to mention popularity and some courageous publisher translating her works in as many languages as possible) than what she has gotten so far.
Mar 11, 2009 9:00 PM

Mar 2008
Ah, that was the link I was searching for and I'm glad to see that it's still working! It needs to be added to the master list, too.

Moto Hagio is incredibly underrated outside of Japan. I agree with the other folks in this group who have said that her work rivals that of Tezuka. I was hoping that Vertical Inc. was going to pick up some of her titles, but now I don't see that happening.
Mar 19, 2009 5:08 PM
Aug 2008
Just to let you know, the links posted for Thomas no Shinzou are outdated.

This is a new link from Dec 2008 that contains a revised parts 1-2 and a new part 3. It covers the original Vol1 tankoubon:
http://savefile.com/files/1929737
Apr 11, 2009 5:35 AM

Jul 2007
Don't think this has been mentioned, however one of Takemiya Keiko's work called 'Pharoh no Haka' is being scanlated by Breadtramslations. They've currently released up to chapter 4 :)

You told me to make you feel [color=#CC6600]like you're in heaven
[/color]
Jul 31, 2009 9:04 PM

Jul 2007
Just posting a heads-up that Banana Bread Pudding is being scanlated by HotCakes.

edit: I can't make decent links, apparently. |D
AnomalousAug 8, 2009 9:47 PM

Aug 8, 2009 8:52 AM

Dec 2007
Anomalous said:
Just posting a heads-up that Banana Bread Pudding is being scanlated by [url=http://hotcakes.ucoz.com/forum/4-97-1#352]HotCakes[url].,

Great news.

That one's been on my wishlist for quite some time, ever since reading about it on Matt Thorn's website. It's supposed to be one of his favorites and the synopsis sounds delightfully nutty.
Aug 8, 2009 9:59 PM

Jul 2007
More fun:
Scarlet Carnival has picked up Kaze to Ki no Uta where Obsession left off.

More Thomas no Shinzou from god knows where here. (Halfway done~!)

And The Pink Panzer, who I imagine most of you are keeping some vague track of, is doing El Halcon.

Aug 11, 2009 1:04 PM
Aug 2009
So... I don't suppose anyone with some photoshop skills would be interested in seeing some more things added to this list?

I'm starting a new group devoted specifically to classic shoujo/josei, particularly Year 24 Group works. True, there are several groups already working on some of their most famous stuff, but there's a lot that has never been touched, and the less famous Year 24 Group members and all of the Post Year 24 Group tend to be totally overlooked.

I'm doing the translations and scanning myself, but I'm still looking for an editor (both cleaner and typesetter--you really need to be both given what you'd be working on). If you know anyone who'd be interested (or a better place for me to post an ad), pretty please let me know.
Aug 11, 2009 9:21 PM

Jul 2007
iyakuko - You might get more of a response posting on the front page of the community.

Buuuut while I've never edited manga pages, I'd definitely be willing to help if you wouldn't mind me learning as I went along.

Aug 12, 2009 6:28 AM
Aug 2009
Anomalous said:
iyakuko - You might get more of a response posting on the front page of the community.

Buuuut while I've never edited manga pages, I'd definitely be willing to help if you wouldn't mind me learning as I went along.

That's no problem at all. I'll send you a message. I'm going to post a new topic as well to see who else might be interested.
Sep 27, 2009 9:32 PM

Sep 2009
Hello! Representative of The Distaff Side speaking!
We've recently released Ooshima Yumiko's oneshot Summertime. It can be downloaded at our lj, which is linked up there somewhere~

Expect a lot more 24 group from us in the future. Bosslady (iyakuko) really wants to focus on these ladies, especially the lesser-known ones.

Oh, and by the way, Lillicious has recently finished Oniisama e.
wichuraianaOct 6, 2009 3:11 PM
Aug 10, 2010 2:02 AM
Aug 2010
It says here http://www.mangaupdates.com/releases.html?search=12379&stype=series that all of Heart of Thomas has been done--but I can't find any working links. Any help?
Aug 16, 2010 1:40 PM

Jul 2007
Jan 21, 2013 2:16 PM

Jul 2007
Updates:

- Star of Cottonland manga is now being scanlated
- Kaze to Ki no Uta and Zankoku na Kami ga Shihai Suru have been taken over by new scanlation groups
- Heart of Thomas download link switched to Fantagraphic's official page, where you can buy it -- it's worth your money, believe me!

Jun 7, 2013 9:57 AM

Jul 2007
Added Hi Izuru Tokoro no Tenshi (ongoing) and Z (complete) from Onadoru Euphoria!

ETA: Almost forgot! RoV Scans finished Rose of Versailles!
AnomalousJun 7, 2013 10:04 AM

Jan 7, 2015 9:29 AM

Sep 2013
Marginal by Moto Hagio has changed scanlation group. You can find all the scans up to date here:
http://the-end-manga.livejournal.com/3173.html

EDIT:
Also, none of the Poe Family-links are active anymore.
lolcatintiJan 7, 2015 1:43 PM
Dec 15, 2015 12:47 AM

Jun 2011
Rose of Versailles manga is getting an official release next year.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-07-11/udon-entertainment-adds-rose-of-versailles-manga/.90349
The anime community in a nutshell.
Apr 11, 2016 2:47 PM
Jul 2018
Some Moto Hagio updates:

Marginal was completed by The End, and Zankoku by Carfisher.

There is also the excellent oneshot Poor Mama translated by Golden Rose.
May 8, 2016 9:46 AM

Sep 2013
A new scanlation popped up a few months ago!
It's Manatsu no Yoru no Yume / A Midsummer Night’s Dream by Keiko Takemiya.
Get it here: http://fehyesvintagemanga.tumblr.com/scanalations
Yay! :)
Dec 5, 2016 4:23 AM
Jul 2018
Itihasa by Wakako Mizuki was published as ebook by the editor Creek & River. The first volume on Amazon.
It's a quite excellent adventure manga.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Determining the Year 24 members

removed-user - Dec 5, 2016

1 by M1ke_89 »»
Feb 23, 2017 8:59 AM

» Manga Scanlations RAW

Jaehee - Jan 10, 2012

1 by hikky »»
Nov 6, 2013 4:45 PM

» Other European Languages

wichuraiana - Oct 16, 2012

0 by wichuraiana »»
Oct 16, 2012 4:10 PM

» Recruiting Translators and Editors

wichuraiana - Oct 16, 2012

0 by wichuraiana »»
Oct 16, 2012 3:17 PM

» //

nakisou - May 9, 2012

1 by WinonaFlammery »»
May 14, 2012 11:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.