Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 26, 2008 12:04 AM

Jan 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So what were they planning to do? Go through the Grand Stream and fight off the Guild?
Dio!
Sep 9, 2008 5:24 PM

Nov 2007
Apparently. Go Dio-sama!

Doesn't he need a navi, though?
Apr 16, 2010 5:05 AM

Nov 2009
Next episode is going to be the very last one???
Dec 22, 2011 8:44 AM

May 2010
So Exile can be controlled with just 2 lines of Mysterion. It's great to see Dio again. :D

I hope the last episode will bring full closure of everything.
Jan 17, 2012 1:04 AM

Aug 2010
Very good episode. Is Dio back to normal? Either way it's nice to see him alongside Claus going into the finale. The build up in this episode was superb and that dog fight was entertaining.

Looking forward for the last episode. I better get a good ending.
Mar 4, 2012 11:53 AM

Jul 2010
Dio!!! <3 And I'm not too sure why they're going into the Grand Stream o_o

Oh, and Lavie's flying again! :D

5/5
May 10, 2012 7:00 PM
Nov 2011
The way he took out those starfish with his tanks was genius, and desperate.
Be thankful for those you have near who are dear
For time is not always kind to those who would be on your mind
Seize the day, some exclaim, but that which is past, no more shall have its day.
Jan 22, 2013 4:11 PM
Feb 14, 2013 6:42 AM

Jan 2012
Can't believe next episode is the last.

Dec 7, 2013 6:10 PM

May 2012
Damn things sure went fast can't believe the next episode is the last of this first season! But well let's see what they'll do next!
Feb 1, 2014 6:33 AM

Aug 2013
Excellent strategy by Claus dropping the fuel tank on his path then shooting and blowing it up along with the starfish. Risky, almost an Alex Row-like maneuver.

Diooo please be awesome again!
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Sep 26, 2014 7:06 PM

Apr 2014
xchee said:

Diooo please be awesome again!

Too bad we don't have LIKEs on MAL... :)
Jan 14, 2016 2:48 PM

Dec 2012
Throughout this series, I never really understood Claus's motivation or goal. It felt as though everything he was doing was whimsical and I wasn't sure what he was trying to accomplish other than protecting Alvis. This episode really helped clear that up. He wanted to know what was going on in the sky, specifically the Grand Stream, and how his curiosity led him from a bystander to a participant. Someone who helplessly wandered the skies to a protector who could defend them. It helps to highlight the contrast between his changing view of the skies and Lavie's.

But man is it good to see Claus and Lavie teaming up again. I liked seeing them working together the most, that's when Last Exile felt the most adventurous. I take it from the way things are developing, they'll be acting as messengers and delivering Alvis and the final phrase to Exile.
May 6, 2016 8:00 PM

Jun 2015
Ratohnhaketon said:
Throughout this series, I never really understood Claus's motivation or goal. It felt as though everything he was doing was whimsical and I wasn't sure what he was trying to accomplish other than protecting Alvis. This episode really helped clear that up. He wanted to know what was going on in the sky, specifically the Grand Stream, and how his curiosity led him from a bystander to a participant. Someone who helplessly wandered the skies to a protector who could defend them. It helps to highlight the contrast between his changing view of the skies and Lavie's.

But man is it good to see Claus and Lavie teaming up again. I liked seeing them working together the most, that's when Last Exile felt the most adventurous. I take it from the way things are developing, they'll be acting as messengers and delivering Alvis and the final phrase to Exile.

Huh, that was a pretty deep argument but I still have to say that Claus sucks as a main character. Exile is still a classic series but this would be in my top 5 if Claus had some emotional range (basically not acting like a robot), and if Claus had a SOLID purpose from the beginning.

Dio was trying to run away from his past.
Sophia was trying to not feel so useless all the time.
Mullen was trying to get some booty.
Everybody knows what Alex freaking Row wanted to do.

Again, I love your argument but I just think Claus' overall characterization could've been better.
May 22, 2017 12:23 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I knew Dio would show up! It had to be.

I fear that by leaving everything for the end episode that it might be rushed.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jun 23, 2017 4:17 AM

Jun 2013
I can never get a sense of scale or location on this show. Didn't they just make a full circle? I also didn't get why they had to keep switching between vanships, when they were fine with the same after they escaped Guild HQ and then proceeded to flew home from the hospital. If it was because they wanted to be stealthy... well, they were followed anyways.

If Dio doesn't need a navigator, doesn't that render the other navigators kind of useless? Either way, apparently playing navigator is so simple even a child can do it with no training.

Ratohnhaketon said:

This is a good read of his character and yet Claus still manages to be the least interesting character to me.
LeeTailorJun 23, 2017 4:31 AM
May 25, 2021 11:09 PM

Jun 2016
Claus and Alvis finally make their way back to Lavie. Upon returning, Claus, Alvis and Lavie board the duos old Vanship to deliver a vital poem.

That was a pleasant trip for Claus and Alvis to undertake. Heck, Alvis even managed to get the basics of being a navigator down. Not bad.

It was a cheesy episode, ngl, but Dio is back... the right Dio, hopefully...

Jul 22, 2021 12:49 PM

Aug 2017
Just noticed that but why does the acoustic girl on the bridge hold her "device" besides her ear when it's covered by her hair? Shouldn't she, like, put her hair aside and to hear better? Oh well.

The mechanics on the stops surely didn't care much about security, going out to the vanship like that, risking fall any second.

Dio flies alone!

I can never get a sense of scale or location on this show. Didn't they just make a full circle?

Yeah that was bizarre. Their hometown was just under Delphine's palace inside the Grandstream, which is supposedly close to the Exile? And yet they entered the Grandstream again so far away. Strange. Well, everybody moves there, on the other hand, so maybe I'm just being a bit dumb.

Excellent strategy by Claus dropping the fuel tank on his path then shooting and blowing it up along with the starfish.

They kinda forgot to show him turning around (the tanks were *behind* the vanship)
St0rmbladeJul 22, 2021 1:14 PM
Nov 17, 2022 6:38 PM

Aug 2019
This was a nice episode leading up to the finale. I need to see how this is gonna end. Though I have a feeling it might break my heart lol
Feb 15, 2023 12:40 AM
Jul 2021
Dio!! And wait a minute that thing is alive?! Somewhat alive and needs to "eat" wtf?!!
Me every time I hear the word "reparations": šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

More topics from this board

Poll: » Last Exile Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

jacobpaige - Jul 11, 2008

64 by Inter_anime »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Last Exile Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

jacobpaige - Jul 12, 2008

104 by Stormy_77 »»
Jan 19, 9:53 PM

Poll: » Last Exile Episode 23 Discussion

37 by Stormy_77 »»
Jan 19, 9:04 PM

Poll: » Last Exile Episode 19 Discussion

19 by MagicPolly »»
Jan 16, 11:50 PM

Poll: » Last Exile Episode 16 Discussion

18 by Stormy_77 »»
Jan 15, 3:55 PM
Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.