Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 12, 2011 2:22 PM

Jun 2011
So I decided we should all get to know eachother, there will be more of these on different topics, but this one is on anime, so what's your favorite anime?

I'll start.
My favorite anime is hanbun no tsuki ga noboru sora, death note, and uragiri wa boku no namae wo shitteiru.
Also I love anything made by Makoto Shinkai.

okie your turn XD
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Oct 12, 2011 3:43 PM

Nov 2010
Mm.. I like Kimi ni Todoke
the only problem is that the storyline is sooooooooooo slow @_____@
I also like.. The World God Only Knows, Ao no Exorcist, Nurarihyon no Mago: Sennen Makyou, starting to like Beelzebub, Uta no Prince Sama c:
and yeah.. more.. heehee
Oct 13, 2011 10:42 AM
Aug 2010
Azumanga Daioh \o/

is the only anime what I like all the characters :P
Oct 13, 2011 10:03 PM

Mar 2011
I really like the key studio productions; Clannad, Kanon, Air and Angel Beats :D
Its got good characters, touching storyline and yeah :P

I also like the Higurashi series, the world god only knows series, and darker than black series.
10 - [A+] Personal favourite: Best of its genre.
9 - [A] Excellent: Highly enjoyable and memorable.
8 - [B] Great: Genuinely liked and worthwhile.
7 - [C] Average: It's average, still entertaining.
6 - [D] Poor: It's aight. Flawed show.
5 - [E] Bad: Why did i even watch this.
< - [F] Uhh: Nani the fuck?!
Oct 24, 2011 7:23 AM

Jul 2011
I'm going to go with Sailor Moon.

Because it's the first anime I ever loved (when i was 5)

Because when i rewatched it this summer I loved it even more.

And because I'm rewatching it again and I still love it, even more because I am watching it in subs now.

I love the story specially, the characters, the genre, the fan art and graphics that's out there.

I will never get tired of it. Nope.

And with the re-release of the manga, new products coming out in stores, well i'm filled with joy.

Yup..pretty much. :D :D

of course I have other favorites but you asked for the mos favorite right. :D
Oct 29, 2011 3:43 PM
Jul 2018
I like the Higurashi series, Gintama, and Eden of the East.
Feb 18, 2012 11:37 PM

Sep 2010
I'm completely in love with Natsume Yuujinchou <3
But I also like Tegami Bachi (Letter Bee) and Durarara!!
Feb 20, 2012 4:20 PM

May 2011
hell ya, i was hoping i wouldnt be the only gintama lover in this thread ^^

gintama is hands down my all time favorite anime. its ability to deliver serious arcs in a short amount of eps to me is a great set up. its not like other long running shounens where they have long and dragged out arcs in order to fulfill the requirements needed to advance the plot.
but on the other side i can see this being a bit of a shortcoming for those that r seriously into the big 3, because the one thing that makes them different from gintama is they have actual progression to a clear goal. but imo, this makes gintama unique. because it does not focus on progressing to one thing they have the ability to make a serious arc out of anything, and since there is no long term goal to go for, they can keep it short, simple, and highly enjoyable.

on top of their plot set up they r very rich in comedy, even in some of their serious arcs they will throw in some occasional jokes! it also has a fair balance of ecchi, not excessive in fan service at all. its not repetitive, there is always something new in every arc, it is a very random anime :D. the action scenes r very heavy budget and epic quality! i swear, when they save up from w/e they make from the series they dump loads of money into a few eps on their serious arcs. the cast is highly enjoyable. one of the biggest upsides is having kugirie as a seiyuu for one of the main characters in this series, i absolutely love her voice acting!

and u also get a very unusual lead protagonist. he lacks many qualities that u see in a lot of leads for this genre, he doesnt often show a sense of morals, his attitude is pretty cut back as well, and he never fails to look absolutely outrageous when the time calls for it. yet despite all this his ability in combat is amazing, he isnt like some1 who looks like a complete pushover and "whoa" suddenly pops back with a godly amount of strength. and this shows in how his partners treat him too, they have complete confidence when they r with him. they know that when they have him on their side, things r going to turn out well. and this is something i love seeing in a lead character, i do not believe i having some1 who technically is just a figurehead as far as the lead role goes. if any1 has the lead role, it should go to the most impressive person, and gintoki definitely matches that very discription

one more thing i have to say about this series, do no put it down just because its earliest eps were shit. yes i will admit to this, gintama has bad pacing early on in the series, and like many other long running shounens, will take time b4 u can truly enjoy it. but once u get to the more serious arcs u will start to see how amazing this anime can be. and ya believe me, it was very hard for me to force myself thru its dullness, but my friend kept driving me on to watch more, and once i started watching the better eps, i was hooked. i literally went thru about 170 eps in 2 months, it was the only thing i could even think about watching at the time and i was happy as hell when i got more into it. i actually h8ed it when i got caught up XD, life felt a little wierd after that point =/

and wow, looks like i got srsly into this, wasnt planning on making it that long, but i just felt like i had to keep typing about it @_@
i should copy/paste this and make a review lolz
Apr 29, 2012 4:21 AM

Aug 2011
Gintama - It's perfect, so hillarious and addicting, has great cast and some serious moments xD
Fuchsia said:
disgusting metalhead :o
May 5, 2012 7:50 PM

Jun 2011
Looks like im going to have to watch Gintama. And I love the Natsume Yuujinchou manga, but i haven't watched the anime yet. I told myself that I have to wait til the manga was complete, so that's what im doing XD.
May 15, 2012 11:58 PM

Apr 2012
Oh man where do I get started, I guess i like Kaichou wa maid sama, Another, Kuroshitsuji and Beelzebub :)
Jul 7, 2012 2:08 AM

Oct 2011
If only one, then Gintama ; ).

Pricless humour :D.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

Sticky: » Member Cards ( 1 2 )

Crazy_Cadenza - Sep 2, 2011

94 by Vivien_justYen »»
Jun 22, 2016 4:55 PM

Sticky: » Staff Needed

Crazy_Cadenza - Sep 2, 2011

17 by FuyuChan1111 »»
Jan 15, 2013 5:44 PM

Sticky: » Newsletter Sign Up ( 1 2 )

ShatteredDreams - Sep 8, 2011

89 by Dont_cry_now »»
Oct 23, 2012 5:11 PM

» Staff Room

Crazy_Cadenza - May 20, 2012

13 by iizaninja »»
Sep 10, 2012 4:32 AM

» [CLOSED] Weapons LE

Crazy_Cadenza - Jun 12, 2012

25 by Polkie »»
Jun 22, 2012 7:04 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.