Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch Specials Episode 8 Discussion


#1
Jul 25, 2008 5:54 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 1402
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Darn it, the cruel world of Code Geass!!! How could things end up the way they did between Euphie and Lulu.. :(
 
#2
Aug 19, 2008 7:06 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 1685
Is it just me or did that plate read "The Holly Empire of Britannia"? There's a slight difference between 'Holly' and 'Holy'!
Your search on "Oran Solus" returned the following quotes:
"Oran Solus? I know him. What a wanker. He still owes me a tenner." Oscar Wilde
"Oran, you're so intelligent and awesome <3" Bakayaro
"Oran's sexy." LolitaDecay
"Oran is a sophisticated penguin." Drybananna
"Oran is a Hand-Eye you faggots." EddieSpaghetti
"Oran for Prime Minister." the_prime_one
"Oran is all that is stated in his sig and more." orbitzz


 
 
#3
Sep 13, 2008 2:57 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3669
I agree with you. How can such innocence and kindness be turned into such violence in the end ? :(
 
#4
Jul 21, 2009 11:30 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 1029
Sad to see Euphie and Lulu as kids knowing what tragedy happens...


 
#5
Mar 10, 2011 4:33 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 1016
If things had been different...I'm sure Lulu and Euphy would of made such a great couple!
I am a sucker for romance!!!!
]

 
#6
Jun 4, 2011 10:09 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 3198
...wow. Heartbreaking. Euphy's fate/downfall is one of the most depressing/touching things in anime history. And to see her childhood makes it that much worse...

I love this show.
 
#7
Aug 15, 2011 11:40 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 1660
It's funny how something can be depressing and cute at the same time. ;v;
 
#8
Apr 2, 2012 10:19 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 1923
So I guess sometime before 2017 the Holly Empire of Britannia became the Holy Empire of Britannia?
 
 
#9
Jan 14, 2013 10:58 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 3262
Euphie <3 ;_ ;
 
Dec 31, 2013 6:43 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 1310
:)
 
Jan 13, 2014 4:58 PM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 9415
Another ehh episode.
 
Mar 26, 2014 10:36 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 9442
Aww the saddest part of the anime ;-;.
 
May 26, 2014 11:42 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 422
Cute little Euphy :(
 
Sep 12, 2014 6:14 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 3059
Only 1 left.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
 
Feb 7, 2015 1:00 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 9272
Gah! How cruel was that...
 
Oct 6, 2015 3:15 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 3245
SADDEST EPISODE EVER!!! I liked how it went for nostalgic and innocent to something grim.... =( Bad memories.

Did Lelouch and Euphy have a thing back then?
 
Mar 13, 2016 11:01 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 5049
If only things didn't turn out the way it did...
 
 
Mar 13, 2016 7:18 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 6948
Knowing what Euphy's fate is, this was sad ;_;

3/5
 
Apr 12, 2017 12:36 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 4396
lol at Nunnally's disappointed face.
Lelouch treats Euphy better because she's his first love.
So that's when the broadcast stopped.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
 
Mar 16, 2018 4:10 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2017
Posts: 1166
Maybe I am wrong, but isn't it possible that Marianne died at the same day or soon after the plate broke? Since it was the last time that Nunnally met with Euphy.

BTW, what was Nunnally talking about Lulu? Why are you nice to Euphy?

But this episode as a whole is sad. Cause we know what happens later and it is all due to Lelouch.

PS: That nice pic of Euphy and Cornelia.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.


I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.


 
Oct 4, 2018 2:09 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 259
JeremiahOrange said:
Maybe I am wrong, but isn't it possible that Marianne died at the same day or soon after the plat broke? Since it was the last time that Nunnally met with Euphy.


The way they talked about that plate made me think that Marianne has already been dead and this is right before they were sent to Japan. This is why Lelouch says that they aren't allowed to keep any memorabilia...
Modified by AlexTrusk, Oct 4, 2018 2:12 PM

Never saw no miracle of science, that didn't go from a blessing to a curse
Never saw no military solution, that didn't end up as something worse
 
Oct 4, 2018 4:36 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2017
Posts: 1166
AlexTrusk said:
JeremiahOrange said:
Maybe I am wrong, but isn't it possible that Marianne died at the same day or soon after the plat broke? Since it was the last time that Nunnally met with Euphy.


The way they talked about that plate made me think that Marianne has already been dead and this is right before they were sent to Japan. This is why Lelouch says that they aren't allowed to keep any memorabilia...


Probably not. Nunnally isn't blind in this one and it has been already established that Nunnally became blind and handicapped after the death of Marianne. So, no.

I think Lelouch said they weren't allowed to keep memoribilia because maybe they have a reputation to hold as Brittanian royalty. Either that or maybe he was trying to keep Euphy happy.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.


I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.


 
Oct 7, 2018 4:18 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 4801
Oh lawl, it happened right before the events of episode 22, the mofos writing this when there.
 
 
Mar 13, 2019 10:22 AM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2016
Posts: 13409
Euphy, Nunnaly, & Lelouch enjoying their childhood, damn. Child Nunnaly is really cute DAMN... That ending though.
 
Jun 4, 2020 6:42 AM
Offline
Joined: Feb 2019
Posts: 1286
Ah, Euphy... this made me really sad.

Truly the most tragic death in anime history that I've seen. She was the kindest person in the entire series who truly cared best for people's happiness, not looking at race or position or anything else. Her death and the terrible circumstances in which it happened still makes me tear up and shiver to this day.

Euphy has always been kind and caring ever since she was a child, and we can see that here. A commemorative plate she wanted, and yet when it broke her first response was not that of anger or disappointment, but happiness that she gets to share it with Nunally. There is no purer soul in all of Code Geass. She suffered the most unfair fate, a death being branded as a traitor by Britannia, the Japanese, and the world, and the perpetrator of one of the greatest atrocities in history.

The sound of the plate breaking after the radio started going weird... that really broke my heart. The moment that the entire cruelty and unfairness of the world really showed itself. A fate that no one, especially her, deserved.

Rest in peace, Euphemia... In a better world, Euphy would've lived and continued to work for her beliefs: a kinder world. And she could spend many days with Lelouch and Nunally, just like she wanted: making people smile. Even now, I still grieve for her. At least those closest to her remembered her for who she was, and not what the world saw. Not what she did against her own will. At least Lelouch, Nunally, Suzaku, and Cornelia all remembered.

And yes, it was 'Holly Empire of Britannia' lol
 
Nov 27, 2020 12:39 AM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 83
Shikkakku said:
Ah, Euphy... this made me really sad.

Truly the most tragic death in anime history that I've seen. She was the kindest person in the entire series who truly cared best for people's happiness, not looking at race or position or anything else. Her death and the terrible circumstances in which it happened still makes me tear up and shiver to this day.

Euphy has always been kind and caring ever since she was a child, and we can see that here. A commemorative plate she wanted, and yet when it broke her first response was not that of anger or disappointment, but happiness that she gets to share it with Nunally. There is no purer soul in all of Code Geass. She suffered the most unfair fate, a death being branded as a traitor by Britannia, the Japanese, and the world, and the perpetrator of one of the greatest atrocities in history.

The sound of the plate breaking after the radio started going weird... that really broke my heart. The moment that the entire cruelty and unfairness of the world really showed itself. A fate that no one, especially her, deserved.

Rest in peace, Euphemia... In a better world, Euphy would've lived and continued to work for her beliefs: a kinder world. And she could spend many days with Lelouch and Nunally, just like she wanted: making people smile. Even now, I still grieve for her. At least those closest to her remembered her for who she was, and not what the world saw. Not what she did against her own will. At least Lelouch, Nunally, Suzaku, and Cornelia all remembered.

And yes, it was 'Holly Empire of Britannia' lol


Felt so sad when she died in the anime and again now qq. RIP Euphemia