Forum Settings
Forums
Poll: Naruto Chapter 559 Discussion

Oct 13, 2011 12:16 PM

@ Kuraudo

Maybe it's just me, but I don't see how Obito and Madara/Tobi have a similar personalies?
Tobi was goofy, Madara is he typical sectretive, quiet leader, whilst Obito, from the little we saw of him, was just a timid child with a justified inferiority complex (Underdog type) - apart from this, I don't rule anything out. ;)

Oct 13, 2011 12:21 PM

^ It's not just you. :3
weh

Oct 13, 2011 1:57 PM

Great chapter, I honestly didn't see it coming. A long time before when they first introduced tobi I had a suspicion that he wasn't madara but after awhile I just assumed he was.

I still think that both are madara somehow... but I can't really explain it lol.

Oct 13, 2011 2:07 PM

^ This, either that or Tobi is just someone that Madara controls like Zetsu because of what he said after Nagato dies. He said that Nagato was suppose to save that resurrection for him and then the Madara in this chapter acted as if he expected this to happen and mentions Nagato growing up.

I got a $1000 bet it ain't Obito.... what the fuck would he be pretending to be Madarai for and gathering tail beasts. He doesn't really have any relation to Akatsuki either.

Oct 13, 2011 2:13 PM
me and my friends were OMFGing and WTFing when we were reading the chapter during French class.
I reckon its either Obito, Shisui or Izuna...
Awesome chapter Kishomoto

Oct 13, 2011 2:17 PM
ramzes5a said:
it's not Madara and not his brother, ...... ITS NARRRUTO !! ! ! ! ! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lol

Oct 13, 2011 2:33 PM

LOL im pretty sure tobi is Izuna Uchiha, he has more of a chance to be Shisui than obito...lolol @ all of you

Oct 13, 2011 4:19 PM

or it could be "other" sasuke. that would be an epic twist.

Oct 13, 2011 4:54 PM
yeah I think it could be Obito since the hair looks like tobi, only shows right eye that has sharingan and he doesnt show the left eye since kakashi has it, and the name tobi can switch letters around to obito but except one O LOL. I dunno its just my guess.

Oct 13, 2011 5:09 PM

Progenitor said:
he has more of a chance to be Shisui than obito...lolol @ all of you

Shisui is dead. Itachi confirmed it few chapters back. Also Danzo took his one eye while Itachi had second one. Neither he had power to fight with fourth hokage, considering his age. unless everyone making theories based on time travel.

seanval411 said:
or it could be "other" sasuke. that would be an epic twist.

So the day naruto was born and itachi was taking care of little sasuke, second sasuke was also there with mask and controlling nine tails? could it be sasuke came from future and not emo anymore? neither he care about his family anymore and want peace in ninja world with gen jutsu?

AnhLe96 said:
yeah I think it could be Obito since the hair looks like tobi, only shows right eye that has sharingan and he doesnt show the left eye since kakashi has it, and the name tobi can switch letters around to obito but except one O LOL. I dunno its just my guess.

No. Tobi have both eyes. you might want to check his fight with konan again.. And he's not obito, because Obito was little weak kid 16 years back. he didn't had power to control nine tails and fight par with his teacher even if he had survived under that big rock, neither it would make sense.
Modified by Han-yuu, Oct 13, 2011 5:12 PM

Oct 13, 2011 5:30 PM

madaodono said:
grandy_UiD said:
For all we know, it could still be Madara behind that mask. Just in a different body. Though I'm not exactly sure how Edo Tensei works regarding a the corpse of someone if that person's mind switched before that.
Just noticed one more thing. When he came out of that casket Madara mentioned Nagato. So he couldn't have "died" THAT long ago. But since he still look pretty young (and afaik Edo Tensei resurrect people at the age they died), he still must have had some sort of trick to not age.
Talking about Nagato, after he resurrected everyone in Konoha, Madara (I'll just call him that) mentioned how that jutsu was supposed to be for him. Maybe this way he wanted to get his former body back from the dead, further hinting at my assumption that just his body died and his mind switched. Who knows.

I am with you on this. Lets put 2+2 together here
a)Madara is shocked when Kabuto shows this final casket
b)Madara's revelation to Konan before killing her that Nagato was born because of him
c)Madara using wood technique to regenerate his arm while fighting with Danzo's minions which implies his body isn't exactly human
d)Madara claiming that Nagato's <strike>Edo Tensei</strike> was supposed to be for him
e)The Fourth Hokage is too awesome in this series to be wrong about Madara's identity
f)And importantly impure Madara knows Nagato. Not only that, I get the feeling he was entirely expecting Nagato to bring him back to life(which he seemed to think was what happened until Muu corrected him). Now that feeds into Madara's revelation to Konan and his claim about <strike>Edo Tensei</strike>.
I think all this implies we really have two Madaras here. But I hope I am wrong, I hope it is even more crazy. Maybe Sage of the Six Paths wants to see his pet Juubi again lol. Obito and Sasuke's Father would make it crap. Izuna might be okay.
edit: lol Edo Tensei is Kabuto's jutsu, I suck horribly. I meant to say whatever Nagato used at the end of Pain arc to revive everyone.

PrometheusZero said:
I see!
Im gonna go with the idea that the Madara behind the mask is a Zetsu doing a perfect copy of Madara, much like Zetsu did for Kisame previously!
Madara said he wants to make himself whole again at the kage summit so maybe his chakra is sploit in two, half is inside zetsu or something, the other half used for the impure ressurection!
I guess earlier Madara was looking at his own body!

This post i believe form the picture. When Madara got out of the coffin he clearly thought that he was resurrected by Nagato's technique and then realized in disappointment that it was the impure world technique.
Considering masked Madara talked about how that resurrection technique of Nagato was for him and how he was the one who made Nagato we can assume that they still are the same person. This now brings more sense about Madara's claims of Nagato and the formation of Akatsuki.
How can he be alive and yet his soul moving his dead body? Well PrometheusZero seems to think in a similar way to me. That body could very well based on a Zetsu and be some kind of Madara clone that in the end has a purpose of resurrecting his real self. \let's no forget that the way he lost limps and grew them back like a Zetsu.
There was no blood and staff.
With little words his not really Madara. He doesn't have his soul but he has his character, memories and knowledge of techniques. He also has sharingan so he can still be powerful. His like a perfect soul copy of Madara's soul but he isn't the true Madara. His purpose was to resurrect the true Madara along with his crazy moon plans or whatever else he had in mind. The things his been doing though clearly seem to be things already ordered by the true Madara before he died.

Well at least that's how i see it from the things shown. I disagree completely with the notion that his Obito. The whole theory started because of the one eye shown under the mask anyway and we clearly saw when he fought with Konan that that meant nothing and that he really had two eyes under the mask.

Oct 13, 2011 6:07 PM
now I always thought that the last coffin would be Izana
well the mystery of Tobi is still on the run there are now 2 options to his true identity
It is either Izuna or Obito but I'll go with Izuna

Oct 13, 2011 7:59 PM

Oh, interesting. I guess I always just assumed Tobi was Madara! Nice twist!

Oct 13, 2011 8:26 PM
#1. AMAZING CHAPTER! Have been waiting for the reveal of the last kasket and the concrete proof that Madara is not Tobi. Which leads to
#2. If Tobi took tissue from Hashirama from the battle of Madara vs Hashirama, and Madara isn't Tobi, that means that Tobi existed BEFORE Obito. Which makes it IMPOSSIBLE for Obito to be Tobi. R.I.P Obito Uchiha. And if you want to know how Tobi took the tissue withouth getting detected by Madra or Hashirama, then turn your eyes to the ONLY REMAINING suspect...
#3 Zetsu is the most UNDETECTABLE. Black Zetsu is "the land itself" so he obviously could easily take some tissue/dna from Hashirama as Hashirama paid his full attention to Madara. Madara could at some moment scratch Hashirama or make him bleed even just a drop of blood, and Zetsu could take that advantage because Madara is focused on Hashirama while Hashirama is focused on Madara. No one would pay attention to Zetsu because no one would expect him and neither of them had the time to randomly scan if there was a hidden ninja that is "the land itself."
Now all of you Obito fans can go cry a river after realizing that he is not Tobi and that Kishimoto is trolling us with Tobi's name being similar to Obito.
ps: note that when Tobi lost his right arm fighting Tofune and his arm was all gooey like white Zetsu (can only be noticed in anime, episode 208 of shippuden, since the manga is in black and white, so obviously you can't tell the difference between pale white of Zetsu or white skin color in a black and white chapter)

Oct 13, 2011 9:02 PM

Eternal_Shield said:
Oh my freaking GOD ....
its MADARA !
the end is near !

Nah....Kishimoto will somehow drag this for another 100 chapters or so...

I GUARANTEE IT!

Oct 13, 2011 10:09 PM

hmm at first i thought it was obito then they say it was madara.. but madara is brought back as zombie.... so its back to square one :S

im still waiting for 3rd,4th hokage and jiraiya to be revived so naruto can have a famly reunion XD

Oct 14, 2011 4:34 AM

gato03 said:
im still waiting for 3rd,4th hokage and jiraiya to be revived so naruto can have a famly reunion XD

Just in case you were serious about this (I'm not quite sure you were):

3rd and 4th canot be resurrected by Edo Tensei, because they died by the Shiki Fuujin.

Oct 14, 2011 9:03 AM

Tobi is not Obito! The reason is simple. Obito was a good guy! Yes, simple as that.

Harshly put, Obito was one of those who had the will of fire, but died, passing it to the ones that survived. Obito gave the sharingan to Kakashi, which exactly represents that.

The eye and hair resemblance is only a tease from Kishimoto.
Someone using Obito corpse is more acceptable than saying that Obito had a masterplan to fake his death and create all this.

Oct 14, 2011 12:47 PM

You know... once I loved Naruto. It was detailed, epic, awesome, and touching and badass in one.
But now... I just have fucking enough that every effing twist is related to the Uchiha family.
I'm just waiting for the end cause I HAVE TO KNOW how it ends but I lost all my passion. :(

And please, people: Tobi is not Obito. the idea was stupid the first time and it's getting stupider every time it is mentioned again.

Oct 14, 2011 3:27 PM

Tobi is Tobi not Obito at all.
I think Madara will die. But Tobi not because he was alive after the Naruto vs Sasuke fight in the OVA. Maybe Tobi will kill Madara :D Who knows :/

Oct 14, 2011 6:14 PM

Okay so here's my reaction:

HINATAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SAI IS SO COOL MAN!!!!!

WTF!!!!!

These are my thoughts on this chapter.

Oct 15, 2011 12:13 AM

If I can remember Madara as Tobi was showed from some chapters ago
but if Uchiha Madara had been resurrected
and Tobi was "pretending" to be Madara? or Kishi's thinking of
something else to explain all of this, but looking at his body
it is indeed had been resurrected, so who the H*ll's behind the mask

"The forbidden technique used to summon the last state of a person, so it is nearly impossible that he is Obito, because Obito died young, like the guy below me, it might be a clone, or the remnants of Madara's chakra had been transferred to the mask man's identity

... I hope Kabuto will summon Jiraiya for Naruto
Modified by Zinvinz, Oct 15, 2011 10:34 AM
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Oct 15, 2011 3:04 AM

anyone who thinks Tobi is Obito is a retarded degenerate

Oct 15, 2011 3:25 AM
maybe Tobi is the Ten tail bijuu

Oct 15, 2011 7:35 AM

Tobi is a clone of Madara like captain Yamato, is a clone of Shodaime

Oct 15, 2011 9:10 AM
guyz my gues is that the masked guy is also madara ..... it can be seen in this manga chap 502 pg no 4. zoom the pic and u can see it

http://i16.mangareader.net/naruto/502/naruto-1436791.jpg

tobi uses his EMS on the fox and it has the same pattern as madaras ....

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110803161833/naruto/images/4/42/Mangeky%C5%8D_Sharingan_Madara_%28Eternal%29.svg

what if madara was alive till he fought minato but died sometime after that ...... or may still be alive
Modified by Izzan, Oct 15, 2011 9:13 AM

Oct 15, 2011 5:58 PM
Ok I reread this chapter.

Has anyone noticed that Kakashi is wielding one of the seven swordsman's blade?

Im surprised no one noticed or even care because I think thats pretty big.

Oct 15, 2011 6:06 PM

gnoodles said:
Has anyone noticed that Kakashi is wielding one of the seven swordsman's blade?
Im surprised no one noticed or even care because I think thats pretty big.

He picked it up back in Chapter 524 so I'm guessing that's why. :P http://www.mangareader.net/naruto/524/13

Oct 15, 2011 6:16 PM

gnoodles said:
Has anyone noticed that Kakashi is wielding one of the seven swordsman's blade?Im surprised no one noticed or even care because I think thats pretty big.

It's Zabuza's sword. It ain't no big deal since all it does, beside killing people lol, is repair itself, so it's cool but not that interesting.

Oct 15, 2011 7:48 PM

Okay one thing, its about time naruto got a good twist. I started getting board with the manga, but not after this twist. Maybe some how the Real Madara might now who Tobi is, or give us more insight us to what really happened..... Btw if Tobi lied about being Madara, did he lie to Sasuke about who Itachi really is?

Oct 15, 2011 11:51 PM

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT.
Who could possibly know all this stuff about Sasuke and everything else and not be Madara?
I think I'm jumping on the "Madara switched bodies" bandwagon. And I cant believe people are bringing up the Obito thing again hahaha.
..............I'm so lost and excitedddd!

Also........ that Hinata and Naruto moment was the best. Loved it! &lt;3
Modified by Shancakeschan, Oct 15, 2011 11:55 PM

Oct 16, 2011 11:07 AM

Well I didn't see that coming O_o

Oct 16, 2011 1:05 PM

Why is everyone having a hard time about Tobi being Obito? This is a shonen manga aimed at kids and the names are anagrams of each other for fuck's sake!
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol

Oct 16, 2011 8:57 PM
great chapter ... om not suprised at all about tobi not really being madara i expected that from the beginning .... but this was a great naruto chapter happy the way everything is being introduced now who is the man behind the mask???? that is still the question now we kno for sure he is not the real madara. but we'll see later on in the next chapters tho. cant wait xD

Oct 17, 2011 11:22 AM

Well I think it's Tobi. Because he has short black hair and he only showed one eye at the start. I think it's a good idea but I am not fond of it.

I don't like hinata... she draws Naruto back.

Oct 17, 2011 6:48 PM

Anybody else hoping for a Itachi vs Madara match up? I think that would be a nice dream fight Kishi could throw at us we know Itachi doesn't want to see Sasuke and he is somewhere on the battle field

Oct 18, 2011 9:32 PM

can't help but think of danzo for some reason...
aaaand googling my suspision this was the first that popped up so i'm not the only one :D (yes!!!)

aDanzo_and_TOBi-455.jpga

for some reason i can't spoiler tag (or combine any tag on MAL) sorry for that people

(same deal with qouting a qoute)
Modified by kickthebucket, Oct 18, 2011 9:38 PM
Romance Anime List

Romance Anime List

3DS friend code 3325-2089-7587 (pm yours)

Oct 19, 2011 2:07 AM

My guess is:The Sage of the Six Path's older son
- remember Tobi mentioned to Kanon that originally the Rinnengan was his and he gave it to Nagato, and the Rinengan was originally from the Sage of the Six Paths

Other alternatives:
Uchiha Izuna (Madara's brother):
- not possible bcoz, Madara kiled him (alto this means nothing and may be a fake)

Uchiha Obito:
- first he's a good guy, but that's not an excuse, maybe it's just an "illusion"
- tobi -- obito is a "good" anagram, but I think it's just for teasing the fans
- not possible bcoz of: Impure World Ressurection ressurect ppl at the stage when they died, Obito was stil a kid when he died
- Obito was 13 years old when he died, and Tobi was fought against Minato 16 years ago, that time Obito wasn't exist

Fugaku Uchiha (Sasuke's father):
- not possible, bcoz he's dead...but maybe he faked it (dunno how to fake your death against Itachi but oh well)

Madara himeself:
- not possible IMHO, he's already dead and killed decades ago, altou Tsunade mentioned that he is "Immortal"
- altou he needed the ressurection for himself, and this indicates that he is Madara but from an alternate dimension/split body or soul/etc
- he has a space-time justsu, indicates that maybe he is his future self (can time travel)

Danzo:
- not possible, bcoz: if Tobi is Danzo, then he will be shocked at the first time as he saw "himself" just like when Kabuto ressurected the Real Madara (aka "himself")

So these are my guesses and speculations.

Relunx
Modified by Relunx, Oct 19, 2011 2:54 AM

Oct 19, 2011 5:24 AM

KosmicGuy said:
but i remeber that tobi was a bit scared of that coffin back then,so this makes a bit of sense ....

Which chapter did that happen in?

Oct 20, 2011 6:09 AM

Fingerwee said:
Which chapter did that happen in?

Nov 3, 2011 9:00 PM

I know there's a lot of other important stuff going on in this chapter, but all I could care about was the fact that there was some interaction btw Hinata x Naruto.

However, the ending was nonetheless surprising 0_0
I am a sucker for romance!!!!
]

Aug 15, 2012 5:39 PM
Spoony Bard

WHAAAT?!?!?!?!?!?!??! Tobi is not equal to Madara.. Man, I'm late >___<

Oct 8, 2016 12:34 AM
Soo... What about the other Madara? They are 2 or...?

Aug 10, 2018 3:42 AM

The Real Madara was dead??

Jul 10, 7:18 AM
Some cool moments aside, the war was pretty boring till Marada showed up.

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

Preview MangaManga Store