Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 25, 2008 2:01 PM

Apr 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
We're 15 episodes into R2 and, even though I watched the raw for this, it's really good are a refresher.

Nothing new but its a really distilled form of season 1, only including important story points and events compressed into 2 hours. The voice over by CC running throughout is nice too.

To be honest reminded me how much I enjoyed the first season, though for me it would have been almost impossible to R2 to live up to it any way! xP And darn Euphie's fate makes me cry everytime I watch it!!!! :'<
Oct 18, 2011 11:19 AM

Oct 2011
Code Geass Black Rebellion has been subbed by Kuro (try searching animetake forums). There is a version of Zero Requiem about but IMO the subs are horrible, so I'll probably sub this next, but it may take me a little while...
Oct 24, 2011 11:52 PM

Jan 2011
kurofs said:
Code Geass Black Rebellion has been subbed by Kuro (try searching animetake forums). There is a version of Zero Requiem about but IMO the subs are horrible, so I'll probably sub this next, but it may take me a little while...

Oh thanks~! :3

Apr 1, 2012 11:06 AM

Feb 2010
That was a good watch, indeed.

And ye..
nehnehneji said:
Euphie's fate makes me cry everytime I watch it!!!!
+ Shirley's.
Feb 14, 2013 11:57 AM
Jan 2011
does an english dub exist?
Apr 10, 2013 5:44 AM

May 2012
A nice compilation of all the episodes, they sure managed to make a proper recap out of those 25 epiosdes just in 2 hours!
Apr 23, 2013 9:43 PM

May 2010
Boba_Fett said:
A nice compilation of all the episodes, they sure managed to make a proper recap out of those 25 epiosdes just in 2 hours!

true it just still felt like something was missing. almost gave it a 6/10
Jan 11, 2014 9:18 AM

May 2013
Enjoyed it a bit, thanks for refreshing my memory of the previous 25 episodes :D
Mar 13, 2016 6:40 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
A nice, long recap of the first season. It goes over the key moments without rushing it, and skipping part that were unnecessary.

4/5
Jun 20, 2017 5:30 AM

Dec 2015
I guess with the recap movie being about 2 hours and each normal anime episode being about 20 mins (if you exclude opening/ending) this means about 4-5 minutes for each episode. Not too short for a recap.

Coming in handy with the new movies/series announced. I just decided to watch this (and than later reading some of the related manga and that Akito movies).

Certain scenes (Euphie) did still feel emotional ... even though it as only a recap (but a long time since I watched the original series).

Going with my usual scoring where I give the same score as the original +-1 (or maybe +-2 in extreme cases) and giving a 8/10 (main full series got 9/10).
Mar 20, 2018 8:50 AM

Sep 2017
This served as a nice refresher for the entire series. The voiceover of C.C was nice as well. Overall, I give it 9/10. It had the most important points throughout the series and I got reminded of the events and how they happened. They didn't miss out any of the important stuff. Kudos to that.

LOL the preview of R2 at the end. I hope something of this sort happens for R3.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Jun 1, 2019 11:58 PM

Jul 2009
Finally be able to watch this! I didn't want to watch the TV series again despite having the BD's. I wanted to watch this and to compared about the new Remake Trilogy Movies.

Honestly, despite how fast paced the movie is(it skip alot of things like what happened to Mao, Knightmares being stolen and use in the next scene, reaction from other characters when Euphemia started shooting), some backdrops about characters and how Shirley knew about Lelouch as Zero.

It's still a great refresher. It's not meant for first timers, but people who already know the story and just want some iconic scenes remembered.

Anyways, One thing for sure. Euphemia's death is really tragic. Damn, why did it happened like that :\ I forgot how heavy that scene was when she started shooting Eleven.

Also, one thing new about this is C.C narration, End Scene with orange(not sure if they showed her going down the ocean with Orange-kun). And they actually added nipples to Kallen! I'm like YES!!!!

Not sure if the original TV BD's had this, but surprisingly they added. Not even C.C had it!

Here's some comparison.

Definitely going to watch Zero Requiem after this!

Oct 20, 2019 10:42 AM

Aug 2017
Can someone please link me this specials editions?
Aug 18, 2020 12:17 AM

Sep 2018
That was a pretty nice recap, hadn't seen the original Code Geass series for a few years now, so it was a pretty entertaining watch. Gonna start the 2nd season now.... 8/10
Sep 10, 2020 5:32 PM
Fantasy lover

Aug 2017
I rewatched the series 2 times, watched the alternative setting movies (which are mostly recaps) so I know whats gonna happen and I still get goosebumps every time. Code Geass is just a masterpiece
Nov 28, 2020 1:01 AM
Sep 2013
Watched this 6 years after watching the original season 1 gotta say I was so pumped while reliving this series! Gonna have to do a rewatch sometime haha!
Sep 25, 2021 4:01 AM

Feb 2019
Well, it was basically a 2-hour recap episode. As far as recaps go, it was pretty good. Unlike the recap alternate movies which were horrible.

What happened to Euphie still makes me want to try... Seeing it all happen again made me experience the feeling of emptiness and sadness that I felt when it first happened ;-; still can't get over it even now

And what happened to Shirley too...

This recap just reminds me how amazing R1 was.

6/10.
Jul 16, 2022 8:38 PM

Nov 2010
Very good recap movie. It showed a lot of important scenes and refreshed my memory of the show. 8/10

More topics from this board

» Anime discription true?

Zymf - Apr 6, 2013

3 by Zymf »»
Apr 24, 2013 2:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.