3It was OK
15.7%
2Disliked it
4.3%
1Hated it
2.3%
Average 4.2
299 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Oct 11, 2011 3:18 AM

Sep 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I gotta say that the op is pretty good; it must be all the colors and effects going on.
Then we have the ed that lacks all of that.

Yuzu is so adorable.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 11, 2011 3:19 AM

Jan 2008
I loved this episode! I cant wait for the next one! Im enjoying this arc so much in the manga I enjoy it as well in the anime, I loved the new opening and ending, Anyone notice how the new opening is like a "new" version of the first opening by orange range?
Oct 11, 2011 3:25 AM

May 2010
Opening was great. Episode was meh. Not that exciting, just a few laughs and such. And the ending was okay. Oh well, next one looks better. :p
Oct 11, 2011 3:35 AM

Aug 2010
I have to say, I'm digging the new op. A lot. This episode was alright, but it made me sad D: Idk, leave it to me to be a softie but I'm still sad Ichigo lost his ability to see ghosts and stuff. If he only lost his powers, that I can deal with, but he can't see any ghosts or people from Soul Society D: It'll take me a while to move on. I miss Rukia too much and the fact that the keep showing her without actually SHOWING her to Ichigo bugs me. Baaah. If he can't see her no one should xD LOL
Over all this episode was alright. Nothing much happened, but it's understandable cause they're just situating the setting and back story now.

Tatsuki's hair made me rofl.
For some reason it reminded me of the butterfly Aizen hair LOL.
Oct 11, 2011 3:43 AM
Jul 2010
I'm loving this arc, OP and ED too..it feels like it's a whole new anime or like bleach is starting from zero all over again

Aug 2010
Orihime has really powered up in these 17 months, damn.
Tatsuki has a delicious mullet.
Funny home life as usual.
Whoring himself out to clubs at school.
Orihime jumping out of windows.
Mysterious group of people who know about Ichigo to get the next arc moving......none of us saw that one coming.
Did I mention Orihime has powered up during the timeskip?

Oh, and that opening....Star Driver?

Jan 2008
xSimplicity said:
I have to say, I'm digging the new op. A lot. This episode was alright, but it made me sad D: Idk, leave it to me to be a softie but I'm still sad Ichigo lost his ability to see ghosts and stuff. If he only lost his powers, that I can deal with, but he can't see any ghosts or people from Soul Society D: It'll take me a while to move on. I miss Rukia too much and the fact that the keep showing her without actually SHOWING her to Ichigo bugs me. Baaah. If he can't see her no one should xD LOL
Over all this episode was alright. Nothing much happened, but it's understandable cause they're just situating the setting and back story now.
Tatsuki's hair made me rofl.
For some reason it reminded me of the butterfly Aizen hair LOL.

Oh god her hair made me lol! It wasnt so.. It looked better in the manga xD.
Oct 11, 2011 4:05 AM

May 2009
Been so long since we've had school life in Bleach that it was kinda refreshing and nostalgic at the same time. Didn't expect Ichigo to be a rent-a-jock, but why not put all that training to use? LOL. Interesting new characters. Can't wait to learn more about them. I love Scandal and the new OP is fine, but I really enjoyed the new ED by Aimer.
Oct 11, 2011 5:21 AM

Feb 2010
Ginjo looks different in the anime compared to the manga, eh? Surprisingly, Riruka sounds less irritating from what I expected. o.0

Considering this is the first episode of a new arc altogether, it is goddamned boring when compared to episode 1. But the first few minutes made me feel sad for Ichigo, that he kinda lost a big part of himself.

In regards to the OP and ED, the OP by Scandal felt normal after the epic OP by Vivid.. BUT doesnt it seem like the producers of Bleach are going for soothing EPs? ;)
icegenieOct 11, 2011 6:27 AM
icegenie.pngUntitled-1_04-04.gif
Oct 11, 2011 5:45 AM

Apr 2011
bleach becoming awesome after 33 episode [after 310 airzen death]

RANDOM FRIEND REQUESTS ARE ALWAYS ACCEPTED
Oct 11, 2011 6:16 AM

Mar 2011
It's like Bleach reset, I like these episodes more than most of the episodes in bleach. It also seems to me that they increased the budget loads after the filler arc, it looks very good at points.

I'm actually interested in Bleach again, fancy that.
Oct 11, 2011 7:09 AM

Aug 2009
I liked the opening where the first 30 seconds make you feel like youre watching a high school drama. Digging the new looks. Of course they didn't do anything radical, but at'least they changed something. Except Tatsuki's hair. She is what, second strongest in whatever martial arts she's into, and she has long hair.
Soul reapers can get away with long hairs, but not real life martial artists.

Yuzu was funny, Ichigo kicking ass was funny, Ichigo selling himself to the highest bidder was the biggest funny. Orhihime's bit was funny but too long.

New guys on the hood. Friends or foes? Only time will tell.
Wonder how Kubo Tite is going to explain them in to the lore, but he's made so many plotholes i don't think he would care. And neither do i frankly, since the main battles were epic and had a lot of budget.

And yes. Orihime's assets are bigger now. Had to GIS and compare.
Oct 11, 2011 7:09 AM

May 2010
Loved it! Ichigo was awesome! tho its all still sad.
the new OP and ED where good! Love them both! the ED shows Rukia watching over everyone and i was starting to tear up. ;_;

the art at the start of the eisode got me so excited! its soo good! :D
cant wait for more! :3
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"
Oct 11, 2011 7:51 AM
Feb 2010
Lol Ichigo makes it to his last year of highschool without actually being there.
Oct 11, 2011 8:59 AM

Apr 2011
I really don't understand Tatsuki's appeal at all, she's just a cliche uberviolent sports girl. Yet Bleach fans seem to regard her as their favorite female of the group (or the least useless one anyway). She needs to stop beating up and nagging on 'Hime tho, she's more than strong enough to survive a fall from that height even if she hadn't slid down the pole. And goddess does that new haircut look stupid. Bitch is fuglier than ever. Cutting her out of the series altogether would be preferable.

... Sorry, I'd been enjoying Bleach's absence of my least favorite side character, and since there's over 9000 of them that's saying a lot.

On the upside, Yuzu was delicious in her seifuku and adorable with her bro-con comments. She called him a perv but at least he did notice her outfit ;) And Orihime's boobs have indeed gotten even bigger, to which I say awesome :)

Not a whole lotta action but it set up the new arc pretty well. I know almost all of what's going to happen in this arc (I stopped reading just before the apparent conclusion so as not to completely spoil myself), and am looking forward to seeing the new story animated. :)

4/5
Oct 11, 2011 9:23 AM

Jan 2010
This arc is shaping up to be awesome (prays for so fillers anytime soon). Not much I can say since I'm up to date on the manga so I know how it will go just need to see how well its animated :D
Oct 11, 2011 9:39 AM

Feb 2011
Well, what can you expect. It wasn't too great when reading the manga but they made it somewhat decent in the anime.

the highlight for me was when they fastforwarded all the bleach episode banners during the OP (oh and the OP itself was nice too, tho I'm used for better ones from Bleach but that's cool...)
Oct 11, 2011 9:41 AM

Jul 2009
Looks like everything except their personalities & memories changed. Basically, visual appearances.
'Everything is impossible until proven possible.' - Me

Oct 11, 2011 9:47 AM

Jan 2008
Robbini said:
Looks like everything except their personalities & memories changed. Basically, visual appearances.

Just you wait and see, You will be surprised.
Oct 11, 2011 10:03 AM

Feb 2010
Dunno why but I have high hopes for the return of Bleach after all these terrible.. terrible arcs.
Oct 11, 2011 10:39 AM

Apr 2011
I could barely recognize Ichigo's sisters. I'm not sure how I feel about redoing all the character designs. I guess it will be interesting to see how all the Soul Reapers are redrawn.

Anyone else notice in the ED those mod souls from the Bount arc? That brings back memories.
Oct 11, 2011 11:03 AM

Mar 2010
Loved it!
Tatsuki looks HOTTER!
Ishida looks GAYER!
Orihime looks BIGGER!
Sisters look COOLER!
Oct 11, 2011 11:24 AM

Jun 2010
The new opening was garbage. By FAR the worst Bleach opening I have seen.

Then again...a terrible arc deserves a terrible opening. :P
Oct 11, 2011 11:38 AM

Feb 2008
Finally the new Arc, was waiting for this.

I can't wait Ichigo used his new power

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Oct 11, 2011 12:45 PM

Aug 2010
Orihimeeeee

mmmmmmmm
Oct 11, 2011 12:55 PM

Aug 2010
super excited for this new arc, definitely interested. Cant wait to find out whats gonna happen :D
Oct 11, 2011 12:58 PM

Feb 2009
Oh, hai Bleach, it's been a while.

Thought ginjo would sound a wee bit more badass. And goddamn, that hair on tatsuki caught me off guard... Hidden Aizen-shipper perhaps...?
Pantyshots are a different matter entirely

Oct 11, 2011 1:00 PM

Jul 2011
Yes, I missed the humor at the house of Ichigo.....
Oct 11, 2011 1:30 PM
Aug 2010
Neat episode.

By the way, without spoiling anything, what is the consensus on the Fullbringer arc, manga readers? I'm curious as to what people think of it so far.
Oct 11, 2011 1:35 PM
Jul 2011
Godofnerdiness said:
Neat episode.
By the way, without spoiling anything, what is the consensus on the Fullbringer arc, manga readers? I'm curious as to what people think of it so far.

It's exactly what you'd expect from Kubo...a rollercoaster mind fuck..(in a good way)
Oct 11, 2011 1:36 PM

Jul 2007
I just love the full-circle feeling of the opening and how it goes back to first opening:
- both start with cubes of the title flying around Ichigo
- both then shift to Ichigo's family and friends.
- Color wise newest and the very first opening are VERY similar.
- Animation quality increased.
- Man I missed kurosaki family comedy.
- Love the quite subtle intonation and dialogue indications on how exactly he feels.
- Its nice that at least one mangaka out of HST trio manages to actually allow characters reflect on what they want to do with their lives - gives extra dimensions, image that there's more to their lives than just this plot and fighting.
- "I got the life I yearned for..." god i love the sarcasm in that line.
- The dream. I still wonder what the hell the dream means.
- GOd i love school life n bleach.
- Ichigo's boss of win, has a great VA for that :)
- Ishida is being awesome and FABULOUS.
Love how ED conflicts with colorful OP. " I got the life i so yearned for", indeed.
Robbini said:Looks like everything except their personalities & memories changed. Basically, visual appearances.

Err, no. Every character changed in various subtle and interesting ways. Yes no one got 180 degree personality shifts, but there are differences. In more tactful and realistic way than, let's say in Naruto when that show did a timeskip.

Just wait and you will see :) Although some of character development in this arc is quite controversial among the bleach fanbase :)

Godofnerdiness said:
Neat episode.

Its the best timeskip out of the shonen trio(naruto, op, bleach) and its quite refreshing on how it actually keeps the reader guessing, when compared to pretty much straight-forward fight-fight-fight arcs bleach has had so far. . Heck even right now in manga we know next to nothing :)
AhenshihaelOct 11, 2011 1:40 PM
Oct 11, 2011 1:49 PM

Jul 2010
OP video = BEAST.
ED video = Eh.
OP song = Enjoyed it somewhat.
ED song = LOVE IT. I feel like it's in another anime, because I've heard it somewhere..
This episode, IMO, was pretty good. I just felt their was something fresh about it. It's like a new chapter of Bleach. Honestly, I don't like Fullbring (I'm following the manga and don't care for it too much), but I hope the anime will allow me to see it in a different light. And I loved seeing Karin and Yuzu, they were SO adorable :3.
Lol. I thought Tatsuki (her hair)i looked like Aizen for a sec. When she was turned around, I'm like "AIZEN AT SCHOOL?!" Mind = Blown :O Then it's like, can I have my video game back and I go OH. Sad face xD.
fishergirl16Oct 11, 2011 1:57 PM
Oct 11, 2011 2:29 PM
Sep 2011
Ichigo's family is still intertaining.
Uryu was epic.
I loved the op.
In other words, this s a good ep.
Oct 11, 2011 3:13 PM

Aug 2009
Fai said:

Its the best timeskip out of the shonen trio(naruto, op, bleach) and its quite refreshing

i understand your excitement, but unfortunately you are amongst the few who are still putting bleach on the same level as one piece )
Oct 11, 2011 3:23 PM

Apr 2010
Loved the opening.
Oct 11, 2011 3:54 PM

Aug 2010
Ginjou = Aizen Twin brother!? (I read the manga kkkk)
Very Good looks a new Bleach!
Oct 11, 2011 4:00 PM

Jul 2007
pokymon said:

i understand your excitement, but unfortunately you are amongst the few who are still putting bleach on the same level as one piece )

You are seriously holding a timeskip which has turned into a badly paced messy and pointless metaphor about civil rights and equality above a very much realistic one year timeskip with pretty much realistic and not over-dramatized changes?

whatever you say, man.
Oct 11, 2011 4:09 PM

Jun 2010
Orihime.
Oct 11, 2011 4:20 PM

Jan 2010
great op
they're finally back to the manga, cant wait for next week!
"Do you have any idea how stupid we are? Don't underestimate us!"
-Gintama
Oct 11, 2011 5:22 PM

Dec 2009
Fai, your right about this being Bleach's best arc ( At least since the Soul Society arc) though I think your seriously downplaying One Piece's timeskip. It doesn't drag and its essentially an arc to reintroduce the main characters, their abilities, and let the world know the Straw Hats are back and ready to enter the new world. I'm under the impression you haven't read or watched One Piece yet? You should give it a try, now that its entered the timeskip in the anime. It really shouldn't be bashed as much, its definitely better then Naruto and Bleach in alot of ways, though still not as dark or detailed as Bleach.
Aiko_HiroshiOct 11, 2011 5:26 PM
Oct 11, 2011 5:26 PM

Apr 2011
Old fashion taste of Bleach, perfect!!!
Oct 11, 2011 5:28 PM

Jan 2011
Yay i can finally start watching Bleach weekly again,mainly watched it for the OP/ED which were both great imo (Aimer) seems to be getting kinda populuar with anime EDs this year.
Oct 11, 2011 6:04 PM

Jun 2010
I may actually enjoy watching bleach again, this is weird.....but nice
If we do not move, we will be separated by darkness
Oct 11, 2011 6:27 PM

Oct 2008
Nice and calm episode, enjoying this.
Oct 11, 2011 7:13 PM

Jul 2007
Has anyone subbed this episode yet? I don't want to stream the video I want to dl it w/ good quality. They take so long lol.
Oct 11, 2011 7:41 PM

Jan 2011
Nice episode! Opening is very nice and happy, lots of colours XD

Tatsuki's hair is....wow... XDDD
Everybody else looks pretty much the same...

Not sure if I love Ichigo's sideburn things....

IchigoSideBurns.png
Oct 11, 2011 7:56 PM

Apr 2008
Haven't watched Bleach in almost 8 months (ep 310 - final battle w/ aizen), but wow this was a really great episode, but everyone's new hairstyles (Tatsuki, Yuzu, Karin) looks really weird, but i'll probably get used to it.

Opening theme reminded me of the first Bleach OP with all of the colors, good song by SCANDAL. But that ED...omg i officially love Aimer. Her music is simple yet beautiful to listen to, probably the best thing about No.6 was that amazing ED theme.
My Blog: Oasis Crossing ~The Book of Friends~

Forum Avatar: Fram Nara from Gundam AGE
Oct 11, 2011 9:07 PM
Dec 2010
Wow, really really enjoyed this episode!! I gotta say, the directing was top-notch, and I loved hearing those new songs! (Unless they were used in the last filler arc, which I skipped, and therefore would not be new, but I digress)

I love that everyone's almost 100% on-model all the time too, and I can't wait for next week!! :D
"I... don't need anything else...if you don't need anything else."
Oct 11, 2011 10:04 PM

Aug 2008
I loved this episode, especially the opening~ the art was good too. It is nice seeing their older self animated. ^_^
Oct 11, 2011 10:46 PM
Sep 2010
This is going to be interesting...
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bleach Episode 177 Discussion

Pokedude97 - Jun 25, 2008

24 by AdamSylph »»
Yesterday, 5:20 PM

» Bleach: Project Hogyoku (2024) - redefinition of the original anime

dzudoKing - Feb 1

15 by 18927 »»
Yesterday, 2:37 PM

Sticky: » How to Watch Bleach Without Filler (Complete) ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ariamachi - Oct 16, 2010

208 by Ridzaxster »»
Apr 21, 3:18 AM

» Overrated

NeoToad - Apr 1

49 by Dabitsu »»
Apr 20, 2:10 AM

Poll: » Bleach Episode 176-177 Discussion

Pokedude97 - Jun 25, 2008

41 by AdamSylph »»
Apr 18, 6:27 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.