Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 11, 2011 2:18 AM

Apr 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Too bad about the evil containment wave but Goku made it in time. XD

Aug 9, 2012 3:24 PM

Aug 2011
I think Tenshinhan acted rather stupid when he tried to use that spell against the fat one first. I know he was losing the fight, but seriously... did he think Piccolo would just stand there and wait until it's his turn to be sealed in that cooking pot? =/
May 14, 2013 7:57 PM

Feb 2013
Well he didn't really use it on the fat one he was aiming for Piccolo and Drum jumped in front of it who knows if he can actually stop the wave once hes fired it. Either way it wasn't looking good for him and he didn't have many options.

But yeah Goku showing up at the end was awesome this is really starting to feel more like Z lol, can't wait to see how much his power has increased from drinking that water.
Nov 13, 2013 5:26 PM

May 2012
Goku got there and is being a bad ass like usual! Stronger than ever! Lets see what's next!
Dec 2, 2013 6:14 PM

Jun 2009
Mar 13, 2014 9:42 PM

Jun 2009
Goku arriving fashionably late does indeed remind me of DBZ. Let's get this shit started.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Mar 13, 2014 10:08 PM

Jul 2007
insan3Spectre said:
Goku arriving fashionably late does indeed remind me of DBZ. Let's get this shit started.

Only battles do not last 10 episodes.

Mar 13, 2014 10:34 PM

Jun 2009
link9us said:
insan3Spectre said:

Only battles do not last 10 episodes.

And you want me to go with DBZ instead of Kai? Man.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Dec 10, 2014 8:55 AM

Mar 2014
Awww yeah. Goku's got that look in his eye now, definitely reminiscent of DBZ. I'm excited for the next episode.

Anyway, I wonder why Tenshihan didn't die when he used the Mafuba, though... according to when Roshi tried to use it, even if you miss, you still die after using it. Perhaps it's possible to just get strong enough to withstand the strain it puts on one's body?
::End of Transmission::

Dec 10, 2014 10:05 PM

Mar 2013
vigorousjammer said:
Awww yeah. Goku's got that look in his eye now, definitely reminiscent of DBZ. I'm excited for the next episode.

Anyway, I wonder why Tenshihan didn't die when he used the Mafuba, though... according to when Roshi tried to use it, even if you miss, you still die after using it. Perhaps it's possible to just get strong enough to withstand the strain it puts on one's body?

I suspect this is because Drum's general power and resistance level is miserable compared to Piccolo Daimao. Hence, the effort spent on sealing a minion will not kill you, imho.
Jan 10, 2015 10:18 PM

Feb 2014
OH YEAH! Goku is BADASS!
If you don't like me, acquire some taste
Nov 13, 2015 8:38 AM

Apr 2014
Tenshinhan failed with performing Mafuba but he didn't die. Now it's time for Son Goku vs. King Piccolo!
Nov 16, 2015 12:19 PM
Nov 2013
Did Goku kick Drum's eye out of its socket? I'm also curious as to why Piccolo is so fond of percussion instruments.
Jan 13, 2017 12:07 AM
Mar 2015
The art for Goku looked incredible as Ten looked up at him.
Jan 30, 2017 10:34 AM

Sep 2015
Wow that ending was honestly pretty exciting. Goku doing his additional training is over. It's time to rematch Piccolo. And he already killed Piccolo's newest monster Drum in one punch. Also it was cool to see Goku and Tienshienha reunited since everyone's just been assuming Goku's dead for a long time. On a final note though Bulma's parents are too stupid if they could go ahead and get killed in this arc too that'd be great.
May 31, 2017 8:44 PM

Aug 2013
Well so much for the Mafuba.
Aug 8, 2017 9:46 AM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
DarkHayate said:
I think Tenshinhan acted rather stupid when he tried to use that spell against the fat one first. I know he was losing the fight, but seriously... did he think Piccolo would just stand there and wait until it's his turn to be sealed in that cooking pot? =/

yeha I was thinking the same thing, that really did not make any sense to me

Sep 28, 2017 3:40 AM

Jun 2016
The intensity of being unsure whether or not Ten would actually die, to the satisfaction of Goku beating up Drum shocking Ten and Piccolo in the process is only detracted by the stupid way Goku got his new power. Shame Goku seems to be the only one who can actually be of use anymore, but it's not like characters like Yamucha don't have their strengths. Never being the strongest never stopped him, rather it was his quick thinking and reliability that held him above the rest, so I could be mistaken with that assumption.
I'm curious how this anime will continue for 34 episodes whether Goku wins or loses.
Oct 23, 2017 2:08 AM
Jul 2018
in this episode it is notable that goku transitioned from this :D to this :@
Jan 27, 2018 6:20 AM

Jul 2008
Took you long enough Goku.
Mar 5, 2020 4:52 PM
Jan 2020
goku showing up with the dramatic music swelling was a really great moment. time for a big fight
Jun 4, 2020 7:25 AM
Jul 2018
It is safe to say that that was quite less an ideal use of the Evil Containment Wave. You can't just use a powerful spell meant to entrap your equally powerful enemy when there is someone else literally right next to you who holds immense loyalty to said enemy and is proven to be faster than you. It is bound to most likely fail, as we've seen. Oh well, Tien tried his best, I will give him that. I am curious as to how these newly-hatched creatures can seemingly know how to fight right from the get-go. It sure seems surreal.

To Piccolo, martial artists defeating or landing a hit on his creations counts as pure luck. Indeed, 3 of your sons are dead, one of them sure got cannibalized, and yet it is all luck. Pride and ego don't go hand to hand, sometimes. I am looking forward to seeing King Piccolo's despairing face once he loses to Goku.

Ox-King is quite disappointing for being a fellow student of Master Roshi's. He acted as if the rocket launcher would have taken him out for good. That's pretty dismaying. And yes, Chi-Chi managed to even grow taller than Goku in the last three years.

Jun 16, 2020 7:20 AM

Jan 2015
Damn Goku is so badass here. This is the first time that Goku makes an epic entrance.
Sep 22, 2020 12:58 PM
May 2019
Goku made quite the entrance there! He has become so powerful in such a short amount of time. Now it's almost just a matter of time before he beats Piccolo. I can say for sure that it wasn't fun seeing Tien being played with like that - hopefully, Goku actually stands a chance this time.
Jan 20, 2021 11:24 AM

Oct 2020
Bulma sure has a weird family. His mother is still trying to look gorgeous on her death. It is like she doesn't care of her death or Piccolo. Piccolo should die in a electronic jar for this insult of his, haha!!(just kidding)

Tien was beaten by Drum. He was the strongest person here and yet he was beaten. Drum is surely too powerful. Tien had a chance to use the wave and he did it. But thanks to Drum both Tien and Piccolo were saved. Drum helped Tien unknowingly, haha!!

Goku's entrance was cool. He was looking hilarious and much powerful. Before coming his saving Ox king was also cool. Ox king must be surprised to see him this much strong but I am certain that he was happy to see him like that.

Now Piccolo will see his doom I hope. So much for his being invincible. After defeating him Goku must take part in the next martial arts championship. This time nothing can stop Goku, neither Tien Shinhan or Jackie Chun(if Master comes to life again)

Mar 28, 2021 9:08 AM
穂乃果は神

Oct 2015
THAT BADASS ENTRANCE THO!!!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 30, 2021 8:41 AM

Jul 2016
ChartTopper60 said:
THAT BADASS ENTRANCE THO!!!!

Holy DBZ vibes! Also looks like Goku grew a little.
Aug 11, 2022 12:38 PM

May 2019
What a great episode leading up to the rematch between Goku and Piccolo! Goku made a Z-like entrance, and just in the nick of time to save Tien's life! The last couple of episodes have been a great lead up to the fight, but I'm still not sure if Goku is more powerful than Piccolo, maybe more or less even. Definitely going to see how this plays out!
Jan 14, 2023 7:00 PM

Dec 2021
That pose Goku stroke and when blew Drum's head off were both peak
Dec 1, 2023 6:40 AM
Mar 2018
This episode is really starting feel more like Dragonball Z than Dragon Ball. Starting with a fight scene with people standing around, waiting for Goku to come save the day, panning back to the same scene of people fighting and standing around. Definitely on the action side of this show now.
Mar 9, 6:57 PM

Jun 2020
I can see where Bulma got her stupidity from, her parents are hopeless.

The only padding I liked this episode was Goku saving Chichi. Now we can see the fighting finally start.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dragon Ball Episode 57 Discussion

KitaTsuki - Oct 2, 2011

24 by David_Mamyan »»
Apr 21, 2:29 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Episode 75 Discussion

brucescrews - Jan 15, 2012

24 by vehehgito »»
Apr 20, 8:09 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Episode 13 Discussion

Scribbly - Oct 26, 2008

41 by Kyla_The_Plant »»
Apr 17, 5:49 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Episode 41 Discussion

vizhmaster_vizhu - Apr 27, 2011

28 by JaminKT »»
Apr 17, 7:02 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

lPix - Dec 31, 2009

57 by berninhachan2 »»
Apr 14, 1:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.