Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 15, 2011 1:09 PM

Jul 2011
I hope the fighting scenes can be made more carefully and more attractive...
The eps gave me the feeling that JC hasn't been making progress on their artwork in the past seasons...

Anyway looking forward to the next eps :D
medish.jpg
Oct 18, 2011 10:42 AM

May 2011
o snap its out, i thought they said it would start airing in november lol.
i mean nothing wrong with it coming earlier but i wish i was paying more attention so i could get into it sooner, ive been w8ing for this season for ages :D
Oct 19, 2011 1:56 PM
Jul 2010
I don't know what to expect from this season at the moment... Oo
Oct 22, 2011 5:14 AM

Apr 2009
It seems there had been a time skip since the end of the second season. I don't know what to think upon realizing that II's end wasn't actually a happy one for the main characters. I would've been very surprised to see Yuji become Bal Masque's commander now, but I had spoiled myself a bit during the long gap between this and season 2's ending. orz

Anyway, I missed this show and its characters, looking forward to the next episode.
Nov 2, 2011 2:03 AM

Nov 2010
I'll watch it for the sake of completion .
The annoying talking book and Team Rocket mobs are still there.

Good thing Sakai Yuuji finally turned from a whimp into Sasuke like.

Fate/Zero is so much better (5 levels)
1lauNov 2, 2011 2:08 AM
Nov 3, 2011 4:22 AM

Sep 2010
The moment at the last episode of SnS2 didn't come true, or at least the result was not what is was meant to be. But I think it's pretty clear that Yoshida makes no chance anymore for the girlfriend position.
I don't like Yuuji entering that tomogara, I don't hope that the tomogara and Yuuji's will are combined, because that would ruin everything. I also hope that he will eventually return to his old self, because this looks really stupid.
Also weird that they will introduce so many new characters in the last season, that's the impression I get from the opening animation. I don't think that's very positive, because it's confusing. Two long seasons with no new character introduced and then suddenly this.

But I'm very positive about the animation, it has really improved lots from the 2nd season. It's even better than the OVA because the backgrounds have lots more detail now.
Nov 9, 2011 12:16 PM

Sep 2007
Wow, this was weird.
Nov 17, 2011 11:47 AM

Mar 2010
I actually thought this was a great re-introduction to the series. I'm a little lost on why Yuji felt the need to go to Bal-Masque, but I'm expecting to get an explanation soon. Loved the OP so, so much! ED wasn't bad, I guess. Overall, loved it and can't wait for the next episode!
Nov 28, 2011 12:28 PM

Aug 2008
Watching this first episode made me wonder how I made it through the first 2 seasons. It felt pretty slow and boring, except for the nice twist with Yuji. Looks like he and the Reiji Maigo finally came to a consensus. I think it's gonna take me awhile to catch up on this story.

Dec 31, 2011 12:23 AM
Jul 2018
Just started watching this. It's been years since I watched SnSII and I feel like I've forgotten a lot of stuff. The first episode wasn't as good as I expected, but none the less it was a surprise that Yuuji joined the enemy. Is the samurai look the real form if the Reijo Maigo or something? I hope good twists and battles will come out if it.

I hope this season will retain the first one's quality. The first season had a good balance of drama and action and the best enemies in the series. The second was a let down with the bland enemies and the focus on the characters' social life with little action in between. The fact that this show was being produced as the novel was coming to an end (according to what I last heard when III was announced) is a good sign.
removed-userDec 31, 2011 12:33 AM
Jan 16, 2012 9:30 AM

Mar 2011
Well, that was unexpected.
Jan 19, 2012 7:35 PM

Aug 2010
WTF??? so Yuji is now the villain?? the hell is that twist..

I think this episode was a bad season starter
Mar 4, 2012 10:22 PM

May 2010
Actually, I can't think of a better way to get rid of that obnoxious love triangle from season 2. Just disappear the guy, no more love triangle! Then bring him back as the enemy? In one move, they fixed everything that made season 2 sucky. So yeah, starting a season with a herp a derp twist *shock* is normally lame, but in this case it's awesome because they set up the rest of the season to be awesome and hopefully free of this obnoxious love geometry.
“Money can't buy dere”
Mar 20, 2012 1:32 AM

Sep 2011
Starting over, re-watching this series from the beginning since its almost complete anyways. I got up to episode 19 watching it ongoing and I didn't get the joy I was expecting (though it wasn't "bad") so I'm going to try to hardcore this shit to see if my opinion changes! :D
Mar 25, 2012 12:17 AM

Nov 2011
Finally starting this series and hope I will be just as impressed as the previous 2 seasons.
Apr 2, 2012 5:22 PM

Feb 2012
Yujii turned into a long haired faggot.
-_-
May 19, 2012 8:22 PM

Feb 2009
Oh, dude took a level in badass. That aside, I don't like the feeling of the show turning into high fantasy. Then again, I got an overall bad feeling about this. Watched Shana last two years ago, maybe I...changed. But hopefully this is just an introduction to something awesome.
Jun 10, 2012 1:07 AM

Jul 2007
Wow what a twist, Yuji now becomes the villain and the leader of bal mascue.

Sakai is heading to outlaw finally and shana is training to become more powerful with margery, quite alot of stuff in just one episode.

Jun 29, 2012 7:41 PM

Jan 2011
The events of last seasons final season obviously happened, they even repeated them, with Yoshida in tears, Shana smiling, Yuji disappearing.

As he actually visited Shana and smiled at her, while most likely not having visited Yoshida, it is clear who he chose. It was only a question of time anyways, you didn't really think he would chose someone else when the series is actually named after Shana?

She could be the most unlikeable bitch ever, and have absolutely no interest in him, or she could try to kill him like in the first season, he would still have chosen her. Give the main guy/girl a friend for each year they lived that is in love with them, they would still end up with the new guy/girl that came out of nowhere. If they actually get that far (most don't), they run away from the marriage to follow their "true" feelings.

Which is a bit sad, seeing that stuff like this limits the genre. It's too predictable, the main guy/girl always chooses the supernatural girl/boyfriend, despite this having no future at all usually, because of the later being way older, living forever, fighting in an eternal war, having to go back where s/he came from soon etc., when there is a perfectly viable alternative girl/boyfriend there, who the main guy/girl would have ended up with when the new supernatural girl/boyfriend wouldn't have appeared.

Just some examples, not all fit perfectly, but still quite obvious:

Shiro + Saber from Fate/Stay Night, with Rin being the normal girl having no chance at all, or Renton and Eureka from Eureka Seven. Given that there was no other girl in his live at that time, it's okay, but still, normal guy + supernatural girlfriend (and of course, the series was named after her, so there couldn't be any other way).

There is also Bleach, with Ichigo and Rukia, with Orihime most likely having no chance. In Code Geass, C.C. was the one who ended up with Lelouch on the cart carrying hay, with Shirley even dying. Same with Guilty Crown, Hare had to die, so Shu can end up with Inori. Or take Elfen Lied. Kouta + Lucy, with Yuka drawing the short end. Next up, Escaflowne. Here its the other way round. Not much is known whether Amano had any interest in Hitomo, if, bad luck, she met Van.

And so on.

Given that, it's part funny, part annoying how people hate(d?) Yoshida for "taking away Yuji" and stuff.

I just hope Yoshida and Ike become a couple, Ike deserves it, and Yoshida likes him, just not as boyfriend - yet.
Jun 29, 2012 8:52 PM

Jul 2007

I was not very clear in the last episode of the ova, so i have no idea what your taking bout. All they shown was yuji on a bridge. In in the last episodes of season 2, it still didn't say anything bout him dissapring from existence, just that he would leave misaki city behind. The whole thing bout him meeting Yoshida or shana at the end to me was mearly just a matter of choosing which one he wanted to be with.

OH and btw you should spoil tag that comment, your taking bout other shows that aren't even part of this discussion and rather big story points to those series that would be spoiled for anyone who has not seen them yet.

Jul 5, 2012 7:22 PM

May 2009
Pretty much disappointing.
"Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis" Which means "It's not for me, It's not for you. It's for everyone"
Aug 12, 2012 4:42 PM

Mar 2012
I can tell already this season is going to be amazing!
"We're nothing more than fools and whores with sad highs"
Sep 11, 2012 9:13 AM
May 2012
Why Yuji WHY!!!!!! Why did you change yourself? You were more handsome before... And why Bal Masque? What´s going on?!
Dec 22, 2012 2:41 AM

Sep 2011
There's only one thing I can say on this episode: MY MIND IS FULL OF FUCK!

Damn my head hurts due to all of these mindfuckery that they gave to me.

Feb 6, 2013 6:53 PM

Jan 2013
Yuji look ugly now. T.T
Feb 9, 2013 11:28 PM

Jun 2012
Yuji's new look is going to be hard to get used to lol
Feb 19, 2013 8:40 PM

Jan 2013
Karhu said:
It was terrible.

Agreed!!
Mar 19, 2013 4:26 PM

Sep 2012
if u think Yuji is new evil, think again!!! same goes to Bal Masqué, lets just say that they play bad guy's, but u see what i mean when u watch to the end
Apr 10, 2013 7:36 PM

Sep 2011
Mind fucks all day.
Jul 20, 2013 1:50 PM

May 2013
Shit yuji's new look. i have a spoiler friend who said yuji will have a long hair i thought he will look badass
Sep 28, 2013 6:52 PM

Jul 2013
Yuji is evil? Making a pussy the main villain = Lame
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 5, 2013 12:07 PM

Aug 2013
The look on Shana's face as she grabbed Yoshida and flew to Yugi's house was heartbreaking considering how much joy i got from seeing Season 2 ending (i was robbed).

Yugi kinda only thought of himself, he could have done a much better job than this... he seemed a little out of his character, all i wanted was a yugi and shana hug (maybe with melon bread)

no melon bread like episodes on the horizon... it's all gone a little "we're running out of story, so we're just going to blast through it with a disappointing twist as we can't have yugi have a girlfriend for a season"
Dec 6, 2013 1:42 AM
Mar 2013
I'd say this was one of the better starting episodes out of all three seasons. Plus the ED song is too damn epic!! I'm in love with it already.

Yuji's chosen a strange path to follow, I wish he had explained this to Shana before he left >:(

Sigh...what is with anime characters never communicating properly? I suppose it adds to the drama and tension but there's got to be a better way to do it.
Dec 24, 2013 4:17 PM

Mar 2012
I is incredibly and spectacularly confuzzled by this. Yuji has embraced the dark side with a smiling face as he departs shana and the rest. Looking ahead to the final battle between the former torch and the loli haze.
Feb 10, 2014 3:37 AM

Jan 2013
So Yuji became the strongest main enemy... nice.
Apr 4, 2014 12:49 AM

Mar 2013
Eh i almost regret watching Shakugan, this final season has my hopes lower than ever. I will try to finish it since the completionist in me demands it, but overall this is not a strong series by any stretch of the imagination.
Apr 4, 2014 12:23 PM

Aug 2013
Well, that a confusing yet interresting premise. Everything is so fucking mysterious, I didn't got a damn thing.

From what I get and that I can understand with the premise. Yuuji, who have ''disappeared'', seem to have been able to get in contact with the owner of the silver flame. That same guy seem to be the leader of the Bal Masqué and so Yuuji have become what we could call the vilain of the story. That's a twist I didn't expected when starting this serie :P
But I guess he have his reasons. At first, I thought he would become Silver's Flame Hazes, but it look like they share the same body from the intro. Also, maybe Silver couldn't materialise without Yuuji power. But why the letter? Why is the letter the only thing that didn't disappear and why did they returned to them? Someone must have send them, letters don't move by themself. (no shit) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Here is what I think Yuuji is trying to do. I don't really remember when, but in his discussion with Silver, he ask him if there is nothing he can do about the Tomogara and the Flame Hazes. That show is interrest in bringing some sense in the relation between his ex-world and the world of Guze. Maybe he is trying to find a way to make the Tomogara live in their own world and the human in the human world? Maybe this is even the Bal Masqué goal. If not, he could be using his influence as the leader of them to do research or whatever. We have to remember that Johan is still in the Reiji Maigo so he must have been okay with Yuuji decision.

Anyway, I wonder how the dynamic will play out and how Shana will deal with the fact that the Yuuji she have known and loved have become her enemy.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Oct 30, 2014 2:48 PM

Feb 2011
Hmm... Not what I was expecting coming into this season, but okay. Guess I'll wait and see where this goes.
Mar 21, 2015 2:53 PM

Dec 2010
The only thing which pisses me off while watching time anime is how badly the villains are overpowered..they hardly ever get their ass kicked,but flame hazes get each and every time they fight/:)
Mim
Apr 22, 2015 9:34 AM

Apr 2015
im so confused..
Yuji now is the "main villain" because he has something up on his mind, if i were him i would talk to shana first, or at least kiss her. Lol.
fuck yoshida.
"The breasts of a woman have endless possibilities!"
-Azazel
Feb 14, 2016 11:32 AM

Jul 2015
Many things left to explain. Can't wait to see whaaaat just happened to Yuji o.o
The new opening was soooo epic! The music, the characters, the emotions and the battle scenes! Everything was perfect for me.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Mar 7, 2017 12:44 PM

Aug 2014
Been a long time since I watched 2nd season, but I don't remember Yuuji ever looking even remotely badass wtf?
Jun 12, 2017 7:14 PM

Nov 2016
What a nice and mysterious start, looking forward to this season^^

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 7, 2018 3:20 PM

Oct 2012
WTF? They better have some explanation as to what happened. I get that he wants to destroy both tomogara and flame hazes the execution of all this was questionable at least.

Why Yuuji was inside Alastor? (or was it Reiji Maigo, probably not). There was no real hint in the previous season that would implied the developement we got now, no build-up whatsoever. How he became the great commander, why didn't they even asked HOW he disappeared in the first place. Why hadn't Alastor say anything? (feels like the drama for sake of viewers as normal characters would definitely asked some question... All of this seems way too convenient instead.

Anyway, was pretty much unsurprised that Christmas date was cock-blocked again. But why he left and didn't say anything to anyone I don't get. We wanted answers yet we got even more questions...
Jun 14, 2019 2:02 AM

Aug 2018
An excellent start to this season, I’m intrigued.
Aug 18, 2019 5:53 PM

Nov 2017
Well, this is a twisted turn of events...
Nov 21, 2020 11:26 AM

Jun 2017
We got some summarizing from most of the characters about the events so far. I am not sure if the attack by Hecate that happened in the last season was canon. It sounds unnatural for Yuji to disappear so soon after such a major event. Probably the plan to ask him to meet one of the girls was the only thing that was canon. Somehow things have taken a 180° turn and Yuji seems to have become the leader of Bal Masque? I am definitely curious about how that happened.
Feb 15, 2022 8:41 PM

Nov 2010
Hmm, WTH happened? Nothing in the end of S2 hinted Yuuji suddenly making such drastic decisions. Looking forward to the explanations. Interesting.
Jun 3, 2022 8:07 AM

Sep 2012
lets just say Yuji made a deal with a GOD who is just like Alastor but stongest1 among them
Dec 18, 2022 5:45 PM

Oct 2013
To all the comments saying "Why is Yuji so different now? It wasn't built up at all", it actually was built up.
Now, granted, the anime left out some details, but the anime does provide clues.

Ever since the end of the Pheles arc in Season 2, Yuji has been changing a lot: he's been involved more seriously in everything, intensified his training, his desire to protect Misaki City got much stronger, he became more serious and proactive, and he has been in the center of most plots so far. Yuji has had the opportunity to spend time with both Flame Hazes and Tomogara by being in the crossfire so many times. He understands the conflict between the two forces and realizes it will never end. Flame Hazes and Tomogara are archenemies; they hate each other and kill each other in an endless cycle.
And their endless fighting is damaging Earth and, by extension, Yuji's loved ones and his city. Plus, it was established in Season 2 that Misaki City had become a Maelstrom of Warfare, aka a location that naturally attracts conflict between Flame Hazes and Tomogara. Yuji's desire to "protect Misaki City" wasn't enough; he realized that, no matter what he did, the fighting would continue forever. As a result, Yuji tackled the issue from another angle: if Flame Hazes and Tomogara lose their reason to fight each other, no more conflict will happen. And that's what Yuji decided to do here in Season 3, after being given the opportunity by this "spirit".

Based on Yuji's development so far and his thoughts on this endless conflict already, his decision/change isn't out of character. It follows a logical thread, in which he chose to go for the last resort
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana III (Final) Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

game8910 - Mar 23, 2012

480 by HHD1996 »»
Feb 18, 10:36 PM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana III (Final) Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

game8910 - Nov 18, 2011

78 by Estefan »»
Jan 27, 4:56 AM

» Is it just me or does Shakugan No shana season 3 suck??

chrisedmonds - Nov 14, 2014

34 by AdityaRizkiS »»
Jan 22, 10:13 AM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana III (Final) Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KimChanx3 - Oct 28, 2011

184 by Jooshau »»
Apr 27, 2023 7:30 PM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana III (Final) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

game8910 - Dec 16, 2011

158 by burntlettuce »»
Feb 27, 2023 8:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.