Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Shakugan no Shana III (Final) Episode 1 Discussion

Oct 10, 2011 2:47 PM

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
wow i'm surprised no one has started a discussion on this.
now i am not afraid to say but i am quite confused, this episode made little sense to me, so i have little to say about it apart from i am looking forward to the next episode and see if it makes any more sense haha.

Oct 10, 2011 2:49 PM

Yeah, the thread was deleted because of a rollback, had like 100+ replies though.

The second episode SHOULD be the episode where everything is to be explained.
If you want to spoil yourself just tell me and I'll tell you what happened lol
Courtesy of Paul

Oct 10, 2011 2:53 PM

It was terrible.
weh

Oct 10, 2011 2:57 PM

Sozora said:
Yeah, the thread was deleted because of a rollback, had like 100+ replies though.
The second episode SHOULD be the episode where everything is to be explained.
If you want to spoil yourself just tell me and I'll tell you what happened lol

oh i thought it would be some thing like that. haha no i am ok thanks, i don't want to spoil it i have been waiting patiently for quite a while for this so i will be fine :)

Oct 10, 2011 3:26 PM

I have great hopes for this new season.
Some things are a bit confused yet, but I think itl'l turn into a great thing at the end.

Oct 10, 2011 3:42 PM

Wow another thread deleted. Loved this episode. Looking forward to more

Oct 10, 2011 4:07 PM

This season should be called Shakugan no Shana: Yuji Finally Grows A Pair.

Oct 10, 2011 4:08 PM
めんどくさい

As xxxMelody said in her review, "Wait....what?!"

Oct 10, 2011 4:36 PM

I've read the beginning spoilers for the LN so I sorta understood what just happened. But yeah Yuuji is now a badass and became the command of Bal Masque. I can tell this season is gunna be epic. I am just glad that Shana r bakz.

Oh and doesn't the fact that Yuuji showed up to Shana and gave her one last smile before he disappeared mean that he did choose Shana? Or well at least that's what I am hoping.

Oct 10, 2011 4:38 PM

I was disappointed to say the least...

I felt like everything was just thorwn together too quicky....I guess it will most likely be explained next episode but still..

and the opening song was just terrible compared to the ones before it.

Oct 10, 2011 5:51 PM

It's just like S;G EP 1...
wtf just happened?
so ..
Courtesy of Paul

Oct 10, 2011 6:47 PM
Observer

Karhu said:
It was terrible.

You don't need to repeat these comments every times the thread is deleted. Why are you so devoted in this thread if you found it terrible?

Sure, the first episode suffered from J.C. Staff syndrome but I found it hilarious that you would constant re-post to emphasize how this series is shit in order to make people who actually liked it look like idiots. There is a limit on self-conceited one can be <_<

....And I didn't even like the first episode and thought it was terrible.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?

Oct 10, 2011 7:04 PM

wakka9ca said:

You don't need to repeat these comments every times the thread is deleted. Why are you so devoted in this thread if you found it terrible?
Sure, the first episode suffered from J.C. Staff syndrome but I found it hilarious that you would constant re-post to emphasize how this series is shit in order to make people who actually liked it look like idiots. There is a limit on self-conceited one can be <_<

Some people just like to watch the shows that they absolutely despise, just so they can give the show a low rating. Why else would he be watching the third season if he hates this show? Its like the people that do this have a mental disorder.

Oct 10, 2011 7:33 PM

I don't see anything wrong with this episode. In fact I thought it was quite good.

Oct 10, 2011 8:52 PM
Observer

monkeysrumble said:
I don't see anything wrong with this episode. In fact I thought it was quite good.

Actually it might be some of us are too picky...
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?

Oct 10, 2011 8:59 PM

[Obligatory Yoshida is the best girl post goes here for the umpteenth time]

Oct 10, 2011 9:13 PM

Shit keeps getting deleted! >:O

Anyway, I'm not going to start watching this until ALL the episodes come out and Eclipse subs it w/ a high quality torrent.

The anticipation is killing me! I'm a great fan of Shana~~~

Oct 10, 2011 9:30 PM
kusotare said:
This season should be called Shakugan no Shana: Yuji Finally Grows A Pair.

Oct 10, 2011 11:42 PM
originanime

Awesome first episode I loved it! At first when they said he "disappeared" I thought they meant he just left town but gradually I started to understand that they meant he disapeared from existence. LOL dumb me...

Overall I hope they explain more on the next episode. I AM SO EXCITED!!! -o-

Oct 11, 2011 12:21 AM

Karhu said:
It was terrible.

Oct 11, 2011 1:02 AM

So what happened to Yuji? Did the silver corrupt his mind or did Yuji willingly allow the silver to consume him?

Oct 11, 2011 1:48 AM
MysteryFan89 said:
So what happened to Yuji? Did the silver corrupt his mind or did Yuji willingly allow the silver to consume him?
I think this was to be expected since they skipped several amounts of events there but there's some hints in the conversations he has with the spirit that inhabits Reiji Maigo. Basically, Yuuji was despairing over Shana's unavoidable fate as a tool of Guze forced to fight eternally at the bid of the lords. So he asked him over and over if there really was nothing to be done. This conversation should be key in understanding Yuuji's motives.

BTW, to people actually wondering or going all "he never chose". He did choose. Think about it carefully here. He went to see Shana before he disappeared, he didn't see Yoshida. Yoshida clearly says that she expected him to choose Shana when all of a sudden Shana runs toward her, still confused over Yuuji's sudden vanishment, so obviously Yuuji never went to Yoshida.

Oct 11, 2011 2:08 AM

Omg, is that Aizen's voice actor?!!!

Btw did Yuji change his hairstyle, or did the Silver originally looked like that?

Oct 11, 2011 2:24 AM

Karhu said:
It was terrible.
wakka9ca said:

I spelled 3 words to tell my opinion. Good job, you aren't making fans look like idiots at all.

RedFlameHaze said:
Some people just like to watch the shows that they absolutely despise, just so they can give the show a low rating. Why else would he be watching the third season if he hates this show? Its like the people that do this have a mental disorder.

I liked the first season. I would like to like the others as well but it's impossible cause of the story, pacing and so on. I can't possibly know if this 3rd is shit like 2nd was unless I watch it. If something is shit then I say it is and rate it with score it deserves unlike you fanboys. Speaking of mental disorder, no-one who rates anime can't give a 10 to 2nd season cause of the pacing alone. I was hoping this to be good but based to first episode this exactly the opposite, and I'm really commenting the first episode. You can be as much fanboy as you like. However, I admit the sad fact that these character aren't in good enough anime, they deserve to be in better.
weh

Oct 11, 2011 2:33 AM

Karhu said:

I spelled 3 words to tell my opinion. Good job, you aren't making fans look like idiots at all.

But you disagreed with me! You MUST be a troll, you MUST.

Oct 11, 2011 2:34 AM
Finally Yuuji gain some power but he's like an enemy now so I guess that wasn't too exciting. I was hoping him and Shana fall in lovey dovey and fought the antagonists together. BAKA-Yuuji why do you have to leave Shana.

Oct 11, 2011 4:11 AM
めんどくさい

I didn't dislike the episode, I just don't know yet what to make of it. To me, none of the characters were 'out of character'; sure it was a little slow in places but we're in the middle of an established story with a significant plot turn and it spent its time exploring their reactions (assuming the dub'd version I watched was reasonably close to the intended story). It just left me with this feeling that I was missing something is my problem. I'm waiting to see how this pans out.

My only real concern now is that Yuji becomes an ineffective 'bad guy' (as opposed to 'evil guy' - I don't think that is where this is going). If he has become possessed, well, I guess we've had clues about that since season one, though it's a slightly boring plot development I think. If he's lost his marbles, I find that the more interesting alternative, and it fits in with how I've come to see Yuji - I've always had this feeling he was not quite in sync with the majority of the world around him (and he is, technically, dead since the very start of the story, anyway, don't forget. I'm sure that would make me at least a little twitchy). Regardless, he's got all this Kick Ass power, I want to see him USE it. (and the same goes for Shana! I really like her fire-wings)
Modified by Cratex, Oct 11, 2011 4:14 AM

Oct 11, 2011 7:41 AM

...the fuck? I am very confused.

All I get is that Yuji disappeared but why? His torch can't be out.
And why is he at the top of the Bal Masque now? It's been ages since I've seen SE 1 and 2, but weren't they the enemies of the flame hazes- which makes Yuji an enemy of Shana?

I haven't got a clue.

Oct 11, 2011 7:46 AM

I didn't think it was that bad, I quite liked it actually. But I haven't read the novels or anything, so I don't have that shrouding my judgement on the series.

I think this could turn out to be good.

Oct 11, 2011 8:53 AM

Not the best start to a series, but my hopes are still high for this series. Watch as it won't start getting good until the VERY END, just like they did with Second.

I don't think it was terrible, but I think it could have been better. But then again, this is JC Staff here.

Oct 11, 2011 9:09 AM
めんどくさい

Wuppie said:
And why is he at the top of the Bal Masque now? It's been ages since I've seen SE 1 and 2, but weren't they the enemies of the flame hazes- which makes Yuji an enemy of Shana?

I think one possible interpretation is, there is this Thing inside Yuji that keeps him alive, but it's possibly sentient and has its own agenda, and Yuji may not be entirely in control of himself, and the Thing may be taking advantage of Yuji's angst over his relationship with Shana, and if Shana is just a *tool* for fighting the Crimson Denizens, then to free her of that fate he may need to do something drastic, and if pushed enough in the right direction (remember, he IS a teenager, after all, and one that has gone through quite a lot lately), then it would be easy to get him to do 'bad' things for what he considers the 'right' reasons. Also, he did seem somewhat attached to Hecate from their previous encounters, so there is that link there.

Now, Bal Masque wanted that Thing, but the last time they had him they didn't immediately just kill him and take it, but tried to use it, and so there is precedent for something like that occuring again, and it's possible that the Thing inside him is what they are following, not Yuji himself - he may just be the vessel.

Anyway, just thinking out loud, it's just one possible interpretation. The story right now seems to be being told from primarily Shana's viewpoint, and since she doesn't know much more than that Yuji disappeared but there is some evidence that he is still 'alive', it's reasonable from a story-telling point of view to hide those same details from the 'readers/viewers' also - makes for a more interesting story.
Modified by Cratex, Oct 11, 2011 9:15 AM

Oct 11, 2011 10:18 AM

this episode should have been the last one in S2...

Oct 11, 2011 10:19 AM

I read spoilers on TvTropes, so I already knew this was going to happen, and why Yuji became the leader of Bal Masque.

EDIT: for some reason the spoiler tag isn't working, so the rest is deleted.

Oct 11, 2011 10:26 AM
originanime

Leon-Gun said:
Basically, Yuuji was despairing over Shana's unavoidable fate as a tool of Guze forced to fight eternally at the bid of the lords.

I agree with this statement. This would explain the beginning when Yuuji was like, "Shana I will change your fate".
Modified by funkotaku, Oct 11, 2011 10:44 AM

Oct 11, 2011 12:04 PM

i really don't know what will happen next
yuji change side?
why?

Oct 11, 2011 12:24 PM

Did they time-skip a bunch of stuff, or is it supposed to be this hectic?

And what the hell is Outlaw? This is the first time it's been mentioned. And this giant fist of flame ability is also very random.

As far as evil Yuji is concerned, I'm confident that will be explained.

But I would prefer a Mami Kawada OP...

Oct 11, 2011 12:40 PM

darkares said:
And what the hell is Outlaw? This is the first time it's been mentioned. And this giant fist of flame ability is also very random.

They mentioned Outlaw in the second season. Its a place were Flamehaze meet and exchange information.

Oct 11, 2011 12:49 PM

darkares said:

Don't worry, we'll get one for the second half.

Oct 11, 2011 2:25 PM
This episode is really heart touching, cant almost believed what i saw i hope they will soon be together again, shana and yuji are a great pair in both love and fighting, cant wait for the second episode this is just amazing the best anime i ever watched no doubt about it, the story is really catching me on. i love it, i love shana!
Modified by defendos, Oct 11, 2011 2:31 PM

Oct 11, 2011 2:27 PM

Awesome first epsiode!
It's not just a boring continuation, instead they did very major changes! This is going to be interesting^^
I'm also interested how Satou will do in the organization...
Imho the preview for next ep explained at leaast one important issue, the rest willl be probably explained throughout the series.

Can't wait for next ep!!

Oct 11, 2011 4:14 PM

Nobody likes you Karhu, just leave. And your avy sucks.

Oct 11, 2011 4:17 PM
darkares said:

According to what I've read around they skipped some parts that would have made it less hectic (blame this on JC Staff's stupid original material in Season 2).

Oct 11, 2011 4:26 PM

Seta19 said:
Nobody likes you Karhu, just leave. And your avy sucks.

Mr. no avy at all, is that your IQ written on your username?
weh

Oct 12, 2011 10:00 AM

oh, what parts were original (i was going to quote your comment but it changes loads of it when i post -____-)

Oct 12, 2011 12:27 PM

Wuppie said:...the fuck? I am very confused.
All I get is that Yuji disappeared but why? His torch can't be out.

Oct 12, 2011 5:21 PM

I very much hope this doesn't turn into something like To Aru Majutsu II but so far it seems to have been pretty good.

I also agree with someone who posted in this thread that this should have been the last episode for season 2, instead of deceiving us that it was all a happy ending.

I don't like the OP/ED that much though. =/

Oct 13, 2011 5:37 PM

the first episode was very touching actually, and i liked it. although, yeah, there are some pieces that don't fit together and that they raised some questions, overall it was great to give ppl think wtf whats gonna happen. but it's basically wtf is this.
i basically forgot what Outlaw is for....
everyone shouldve watched the pv.

edit:
could've loved ryo's composition for the op..... it was just ok.

Oct 13, 2011 10:14 PM

Episode felt a bit slow but at the same time i felt it was necessary, looking forward to the next episode

Oct 14, 2011 9:30 PM

Too confused, stuff going too fast XD

Oct 15, 2011 4:20 AM
Aleka said:
Karhu said:It was terrible.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »