Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 2, 2011 9:17 PM

Apr 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Kind of figured that would happen...

Dec 15, 2011 9:06 PM

Mar 2011
KitaTsuki said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Kind of figured that would happen...

Kinda predictable episode. I think Tao Pai Pai's killing of the tailor did showcase his ruthlessness. The training got a bit drawn out for my taste. I look forward to the fight with the assassin.
Apr 19, 2013 9:24 AM

Jan 2013
Good show! Predictable...but it was funny watching Goku imitate Korin while sleeping.
May 9, 2013 2:15 PM

Feb 2013
Yeah it was very predictable but sill a good ep, now for Goku vs Tao round 2 hopefully his training paid off.
Aug 17, 2013 2:33 AM

Dec 2010
Shape430 said:
Yeah it was very predictable but sill a good ep, now for Goku vs Tao round 2 hopefully his training paid off.
This.

But at least now we know that Roshi is a wretch.
Nov 11, 2013 7:14 AM

May 2012
Figured it out in the very beginning but it's still pretty nice! Lets see what's next!
Nov 29, 2013 3:40 AM

Jun 2009
Good to see Goku finally figured it out. Time for Tao vs. Goku, round 2. I think we all know how it's going to end...
Mar 8, 2014 7:30 PM

Jun 2009
Glad the training stuff is over, I really do find that the most uninteresting segment of these type of series. Really looking forward to Goku vs. Tao, though. Though, yeah, it's obvious how it will end.

Btw, I had to watch this episode in English. I don't really like Goku's english voice, maybe because I have gotten so used to his Japanese voice at this point. But, I believe Gohan had the same VA in DBZ? I couldn't get that out of my head.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Oct 26, 2015 2:56 PM

Apr 2014
I like Karin (or Quitte) and his training methods. Time for Son Goku vs. Tao Pai Pai.
Feb 21, 2017 9:48 AM

Aug 2013
I actually like Karin's method as opposed to just drinking some magical super water, it makes the power up feel a bit more earned.
Jul 25, 2017 12:15 PM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
Goku imitating him was hilarious xD
I hope he will kick his ass, this guy is mercyless -.-

Aug 5, 2017 3:07 AM

Jul 2008
Tap water is magical.
Sep 8, 2017 8:08 AM

Jun 2016
I had assumed, due to Tao Pai Pai not killing Oopa, that he only killed those he had to in a sense, those who got in his way. The tailor proved me wrong. And yeah, Korin even hinted that the training was what he was getting Goku to do throughout the days multiple times, I don't think it was supposed to be unpredictable.

I have to gush again, I love the training segments in this show. In the tournament arc we got to see the grueling process they had to go through to completion, then see how much harder it will get, then saw them at the end of their training doing it again with a proper time skip, well splicing up this footage with other guys going through intensive training at one point. Yet again we see something like it, we get to see every valuable moment of Goku's struggle, to his realization, to his victory. It's very satisfying to see from start to finish, personal best training segments I've seen in an anime so far if I'm thinking right. It really feels like Goku has learned something and gone through enough training to justify it, something that the other battle shounen I've seen Yuyu Hakusho didn't do nearly as well once.

Side note, the scene where Goku stole the water for Korin was one of my favorites in the anime so far.
Mar 2, 2020 1:48 PM
Jan 2020
felt like the training episodes after the pilaf arc, excited for the big rematch
May 21, 2020 10:04 PM
Jul 2018
The training segment for Goku was, all in all, quite realistic. The fact that Goku had to undergo a tiresome exercise, camouflaged as training, felt satisfying when he was deemed ready. It was especially adorable when Goku tried imitating Korin in his sleep. Goku is such a precious child. It certainly didn't cross my mind that there was nothing special about the water bottle.

Tao charges about 10 billion for a kill, but can't be bothered to spend any for fear that his name might be tarnished? What an odd way of thinking. I sure am getting forward to see him get his due courtesy by Goku.

I like how the aggressive blond version of Lunch is seemingly getting along with Roshi and the others. Good to see some friendship moments here.
Sep 5, 2020 12:24 PM
May 2019
Goku has really improved. It only took him 3 days, opposed to Roshi's 3 years. Well, believing that the water is what would make him stronger, unconsciously made him stronger by just fighting for it on its own. I really want to see Goku do a rematch with Tao again now.
Jan 6, 2021 10:30 AM

Oct 2020
So Goku finally did it!!!

I knew he will do it in only 3 days. He was a real challenge for Korin. Good practice though, haha!!

Tao will now face his doom soon. I wish Goku ends him or else he will kill more people in future.
Apr 15, 2021 12:37 PM

Jul 2016
Loved this episode and the training Goku endured in just a mere 3 days.

I will say.. I hate Tao Pai Pai after what he did to the tailor. Yes he is a scumbag, but he kills for a fee, so you would think he would understand some modicum of respect and not abuse his ability over something so stupid.. but he did. Totally ruthless!
Nov 27, 2022 8:35 PM

Dec 2021
Such a great training episode that accidently foreshadows a transformation in the future.
Oct 16, 2023 7:31 PM

Jun 2020
The animation in some parts was really great. I’m surprised that Tao Pai Pai killed the tailor tbh, I thought he had some morals at least.

I like that Goku was taught tactics in his training like not to be reckless in fights. A big difference from Master Roshi’s training which was just about physical training.
DumbOct 16, 2023 7:36 PM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dragon Ball Episode 57 Discussion

KitaTsuki - Oct 2, 2011

24 by David_Mamyan »»
Apr 21, 2:29 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Episode 75 Discussion

brucescrews - Jan 15, 2012

24 by vehehgito »»
Apr 20, 8:09 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Episode 13 Discussion

Scribbly - Oct 26, 2008

41 by Kyla_The_Plant »»
Apr 17, 5:49 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Episode 41 Discussion

vizhmaster_vizhu - Apr 27, 2011

28 by JaminKT »»
Apr 17, 7:02 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

lPix - Dec 31, 2009

57 by berninhachan2 »»
Apr 14, 1:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.