Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 2, 2011 3:50 PM

Jul 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Aweh, Kajiki D: Although why it's always random past in the middle of the duel ... meh, oh you :P Erm ... yea, I really don't have anything to say o_O It was a good duel though! :3 I do like Kajiki ... haha XD
LOL BAKURA AND MALIK ;3 Oh you guys XD I can't help laughing at their hair ... LOL XD
YES NEXT EPISODE IS MORE KAIBA AND YUGI TEAMWORK!!! XD Also and Malik pretends to help Bakura ... huh ... (why were they laughing about "host"? I am confused ... lol) D:
Mar 4, 2014 12:15 PM

Mar 2011
Haha, that tuna guy is a great character!
Mar 14, 2014 9:21 AM

Oct 2012
Joey was pretty stupid, why fusion his two monsters? He could've attacked Marco's lifepoints with two monsters instead of creating one monster which isn't really strong and which can only attack next round -_-' And why could he attack Marco's lifepoints after that? He played a monster! That just doesn't make sense... Maybe it's the effect of his fusion-monster to attack lifepoints directly...
This duel didn't impress me very much, Marco's tactic was pretty lame. But I like him nevertheless, he is fair and a cool guy.
I really like how good Joey got. He wins one round after another and he doesn't even need really powerful monsters :-)
Aug 29, 2016 10:14 AM
Jan 2012
Yeah. Nice episode. Liked victory of joey.
Mako tsunami have a good story,like this characther.
May 11, 2017 9:09 PM

May 2012
Fantastic ending to this battle! Really looking forward to see what's next.
Jul 30, 2017 9:25 PM

Aug 2013
I wonder if Yugi and Kaiba made any small talk walking along the busy street, aside from dueling, and Marik what would they even talk about.
Feb 20, 2020 5:20 PM

Nov 2017
This duel took a turn for the emotional. Kajiki lost his dad, and doesn't know whether he's alive or passed away.

The Legendary Fisherman reminds him of his dad and was given to him as a gift. Experiencing loss of a loved one is always hard. I gotta little statue that says, "When someone you love becomes a memory, the memory becomes a treasure."

Amen to that. Now it's understandable why he talks about the sea/ocean so much! He spent so much time with his dad there.

Jonouchi wins the duel in the end and is qualified for the finals! Kajiki decides to give his beloved card to him so he can become more independent
Sep 24, 2021 11:34 PM

Aug 2019
I always thought that Jounouchi receiving Fortress Whale as one of the prizes here was pointless considering that it's a Ritual Monster in the anime and he didn't receive the corresponding Ritual Spell. Of course this wasn't a problem in the manga since Fortress Whale's a regular monster there, but the anime could've avoided the awkwardness by only making The Legendary Fisherman Kajiki's ante.
Apr 13, 2022 2:11 PM

Nov 2010
That was a free win for Jonouchi. He didn't play well during this match.
Oct 3, 2022 1:19 AM

May 2012
Marloges said:
Joey was pretty stupid, why fusion his two monsters? He could've attacked Marco's lifepoints with two monsters instead of creating one monster which isn't really strong and which can only attack next round -_-' And why could he attack Marco's lifepoints after that? He played a monster! That just doesn't make sense... Maybe it's the effect of his fusion-monster to attack lifepoints directly...

I checked the description of the card in the TCG, it says "This card can attack your opponent directly if the only face-up monsters they control are EARTH, WATER, or FIRE." That would explain why.

More topics from this board

» Favorite "Duel Monsters" saga? And why?

Matthappy - Mar 26

16 by Matthappy »»
Apr 6, 12:37 PM

Poll: » Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters Episode 32 Discussion

Frezlaj - Jan 31, 2014

13 by ohnaur »»
Apr 1, 1:59 PM

Poll: » Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters Episode 29 Discussion

EvianBubble - Jun 21, 2010

7 by ohnaur »»
Apr 1, 11:03 AM

Poll: » Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters Episode 27 Discussion

EvianBubble - Jun 21, 2010

10 by ohnaur »»
Apr 1, 8:41 AM

Poll: » Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters Episode 24 Discussion

EvianBubble - Jun 20, 2010

19 by ohnaur »»
Apr 1, 2:13 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.