Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 24, 2008 6:25 AM
Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Need more!!!!!! ugh!!!! so awesome new generation!!! I wanna see the kid cause the girls white and i wanna see how he/she will turn out
Jun 25, 2009 11:31 AM

Jun 2009
I like how it ended was not the best
Jul 8, 2009 11:08 PM

Dec 2007
Wow....this anime...sucked.......It started off really good then gradually it made me lose interest at first, I thought wow this is really good I might give it a 8 or 9, then now I feel it was terrible... and deserves a 6. or 5..
Sep 17, 2009 11:42 AM

Dec 2008
good story from the beginning but it sucked balls after takato's story... art is just meh
i give it a 6
Oct 22, 2009 3:21 PM

Aug 2008
7 for me. The stories were good but Izumi's story didn't really catch me.

▬▬▬▬김유정 ▬▬▬▬
Dec 9, 2009 9:11 PM

Nov 2007
The first two arcs had great fighting and loved them. The third arc had more story than fighting but both were great. When each of character died I really felt it because I got to know the character and their life/emotions/etcetera. I watched all 26 episodes in 1 day and it was worth it.
Jan 7, 2010 12:31 PM
Apr 2008
petty fucking good! Wasnt aware it was an arc type anime. so was disappointed when the 1st arc which was amazing ended. Second was also fucking good. then slowed down and got a lil like fuck those first two were too dam good to end so soon (show me the romance!)

Ending was great and each arc was emotional and despite the unstable art the series was a great watch
Mar 5, 2010 11:08 PM

Jul 2009
A very good show. All the fight scene is freaking awesome. It feels so realistic and i'm glad there isn't any supernatural power in here.
Mar 25, 2010 2:50 PM

Jul 2008
It was good, but the previous 2 arcs were better ^^
PSP-NGP.net Latest News & Updates!

Apr 7, 2010 6:52 AM

Jul 2008
The first arc with Yagumo felt like a ripoff of "Rurouni Kenshin", so i loved it. Wanted more of that. Takato`s arc, was so-so. The fight against jubei was awsome. Izumi`s arc was second best, really liked that one. Gave a total of 8/10.
Mar 10, 2016 1:53 PM

Jun 2011
Yooo this is probably my least favorite and my most favorite arc for certain reasons. I agree with some people, that I probably enjoyed the first 2 arcs more than the last one, and that the last one lasted way too long, also unnecessarily(?) went too deep into political stuff with Ryoma's reformation plan, but at the same time, it was necessary in order to really flesh out the characters, and make me as a viewer care about their lives, which worked. The lack of focus on Izumi at the beginning of the arc when the focus shifted to Ryoma was definitely one of the major down side, I mean, I came for Mutsu Enmei-ryu, not anyone else.

My favorite Mutsu has to be, in order, Yakumo, Izumi, Takato.

Oh ya, before I forgot, the series would have been so much better if they give some time to develop the romance side of the story. I absolutely ship Yakumo x Shiori, Takato x Tsubura, and Izumi x Ran.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
May 22, 2016 7:35 PM

Jul 2015
Glad to see I wasn't the only one who didn't quite feel Izumi's arc. The first two arcs were great, easily an 8 - last one was a 6 or 7. The ship battles were great, but the rest became a chore to watch. The worst part about this anime is Izumi's arc got nearly double the episodes of each of the first two arcs. Knowing what I know now, I'd have stopped watching after the Takato arc.
Mar 19, 2021 3:36 AM
Aug 2008
I liked this anime mostly because of Hijikata. After the last two episodes especially, I liked the whole shinsengumi (well Saitou in Kenshin ofcourse).
It's been more than around 15 years since I've watched it, yet I keep watching the last two episodes every now and them.
Takato was the best mutsu character, but Hijikata is just something else.
Oct 20, 2022 12:28 PM

Sep 2020
This series was awesome! It had all: fights, drama, and a dash of romance. Personally, I would've liked it to have been a little gorier, but it was just fine without.

I really liked the idea of a female Mutsu, I wished that had stayed or actually appeared along the way, but I guess historical "accuracy" took it's toll.

Like everyone one else thought, the 3rd arc was a step down from the others. They spent too much time on Izumi & Ryoma's bromance and all the politics. But these last 4 episodes made up for it a lot. Okita's fight was a real highlight, even better than Musashi's I'd say, and Hijikata's was a great ending as well.

Poor Sanako, I was hoping Izumi was going to take her up but Ran was just as good.

Overall, a solid 9.
"You can't decide the future, but I'm going to re-educate you in the past!" - Erna Kurtz
Jul 16, 2023 7:43 AM

Apr 2020
It was all right. 3rd part was easily the worst one.
Some cool fights but overall very cliché and forgettable.
6/10
Go watch Gintama boyo/grill
My discord server for gaming and anime/manga: https://discord.com/invite/4mqXfNEJ9A
Dec 14, 2023 8:35 PM

Dec 2015
During the series, I realized that there is no point of watching the fights if the Mutsus are invincible anyway. Neither humans, technology or nature can scrape them. And the Mutsus themselves and their sycophants started to annoy me more and more. And their dumb dialogues. And their dumb motivation (fighting for fighting's sake).
At some point, I started to point my attention elsewhere as soon as a Mutsu appeared.
The series could be kinda OKish if there was no Mutsu in the scene though.

4/10

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mutsu Enmei Ryuu Gaiden: Shura no Toki Episode 8 Discussion

Niveen_Sleem - Apr 19, 2019

1 by Estefan »»
Dec 9, 2023 1:09 AM

Poll: » Mutsu Enmei Ryuu Gaiden: Shura no Toki Episode 14 Discussion

addictoholic - Aug 7, 2014

3 by Eyth »»
Dec 15, 2020 1:28 PM

Poll: » Mutsu Enmei Ryuu Gaiden: Shura no Toki Episode 7 Discussion

addictoholic - Aug 5, 2014

4 by Eyth »»
Dec 9, 2020 8:10 AM

Poll: » Shura no Toki Episode 15 Discussion

OtherGuyX - Jul 3, 2011

1 by Niveen_Sleem »»
May 5, 2019 2:41 PM

Poll: » Mutsu Enmei Ryuu Gaiden: Shura no Toki Episode 12 Discussion

Niveen_Sleem - May 2, 2019

0 by Niveen_Sleem »»
May 2, 2019 2:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.