Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
School Rumble
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 24, 2008 5:01 AM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Nice OVA, but if you havent read the manga it is hard to understand whats going on, since they skip a lot of scenes.
But i am actually dissapointed at it, becasue the animantion looks like the same as the 2 season before maybe it was a too long so i forgot o_0

The last Event they are doing now is a jogging or walking marathon to an goal, but you didnt have a clue why they do it, think my japanese is too bad. There was a lot of things too that happen but you didnt see in the OVA, like that scene.

The OP and ED was the same, nothing really to complain about, the ED is a little different, because Eri and Yakumo i think is singing it now.

Jul 24, 2008 6:19 PM

Feb 2008
well i sort expected some sort of closure from the second season but they might just dance around. maybe there is a third season or something. i feel like the last episode of the second season is as developed as the first episode of the first season. oh well.
Jul 24, 2008 6:31 PM

Nov 2007
I liked it. This series is better animated.

It followed the manga pretty closely. So the next episode might not be as good as this one.

I loved the fight. Freaking manly.
Jul 25, 2008 4:36 AM

Mar 2008
I didn't read the manga but I liked it, although it was a bit confusing at the start it was still very nice.
And the difference in ED is that this version is sung by Tenma and Yakumo.
Jul 25, 2008 5:36 AM

May 2008
Where did you get the subs of the ova?
Jul 25, 2008 6:39 AM

May 2008
what!? already out!?
Jul 26, 2008 8:55 AM

May 2008
It's out and the First Part is Great!
Jul 26, 2008 2:11 PM

May 2008
PLZ someone send me a link (direct download if possible)
Jul 26, 2008 4:10 PM

Sep 2007
Months ago i stop the manga for wait the San Gakki season and now i think is better read completely the manga for this 2 San Gakki episodes because i was disappointed with the great leap between the end of ni gakki and san gakki ovas -.-

I saw it yesterday! It could be better but was good anyway xD I still hope the release of the complete third season... ._. and the second part needs more Flag! ¬.¬ The Harima/Karasuma fight was awesome! so epic *-* i feel sorry for Tenma .-.'

And is out with spanish subs, i dont saw a english sub version in my torrent websites xD
Jul 26, 2008 7:15 PM
Sep 2007
pretty much the same as manga, but it still gave me a few good laughs. Harima & Karasuma were really GAR. also nice ending, with the seiyuus singing the first ED. lastly, as everyone else, I hate the fact that they omitted so much story... it's the first time I will actually pay attention to the manga rankings in Japan, cause there's still hope they will make the rest if the volumes with OVAs will sell.
Jul 26, 2008 8:53 PM

Jul 2007
Why I see it labeled everywhere as 25?
Jul 26, 2008 9:14 PM

Nov 2004
Spy47 said:
Why I see it labeled everywhere as 25?

--->>
Chihiro fansubs said:
Note: This is called San Gakki 25 because there are 24 episodes that should have chronologically been there, but MFI and corp were being weird and just are doing the last 2 in the season. XD

ok
well
good episode
but it's lame, fuckin lame what they did

thats just bull, have this really short "summary" of whats goin on right now and it's the 2nd last episode

u're thrown into the shit
really feels like u just missed 24 episodes, because u did, and u're missing out,
I'll defo read the manga.
Jul 27, 2008 12:57 AM

Mar 2008
Ignit said:
Nice OVA, but if you havent read the manga it is hard to understand whats going on, since they skip a lot of scenes.

That's me, I have no idea what's going on at the start (summary) :S. But I guess you can still follow it...

I wouldn't say it's too bad. The drunk on soda bit was funny XD... no much to laugh about this time around apart from that though...

gave it a 4
Jul 27, 2008 1:09 AM

Feb 2008
I'm pretty bummed they left out basically all of the walking festival...

Not bad, but I suppose I'm just a little disappointed by School Rumble in general now after the craptastic manga ending.
Jul 27, 2008 5:28 AM

Mar 2008
I'm pretty disappointed about how the episode was put together.
It didn't feel like an OVA to me, but more like a random episode.

I expected better to be honest...
Jul 27, 2008 9:50 AM

Dec 2007
Mmmm... It was good, but I didn't like it.. I'm a big fan but this time they fu*&^ Up!
.. Airwalk
Jul 27, 2008 12:53 PM

Apr 2008
i didn't read the manga, and i loved this episode. it really felt like school rumble
Jul 27, 2008 2:04 PM

Oct 2007
ugh. i have to say i was really disappointed with the episode. the 90 second summary of a season or a half-season worth of material was pretty crappy. to be honest, if i knew that's how they were gonna handle it, i would've wished they wouldn't have done the OVA at all. better that, than for them to have done a half-assed OVA like this. It was a terrible butchering of one of the funniest shows I've ever watched.
Jul 27, 2008 5:36 PM

May 2008
I'm totaly lost here >.<

definitely not what I expected from the OVA
Jul 27, 2008 5:37 PM

Apr 2008
This is great. School Rumble has always been about being bullshit that never goes anywhere. Funny bullshit, but bullshit all the same. This way we can skip to the end and actually see something meaningful happen. They finally gave this Karasuma guy some character, instead of having him be this expressionless, soulless puppet.

The original Kujibiki Unbalance episodes that came as extras with the Genshiken DVDs did something similar. They were episodes 1, 21 and 25 of a 26 episode show. Very clever, imo.
Jul 27, 2008 6:22 PM

Apr 2007
yeah, manga time now.
逃げちゃ駄目だ。
Jul 27, 2008 9:48 PM

Jun 2007
Damn. It was terrible. I expected something totally different. It was like watching the last episode of a nonexistent third series..
Jul 28, 2008 12:30 AM

Jan 2008
there was only 1 (or 2 scenes) good. for me nothing special. i liked the first and second season but this is too baaaaad -_-
Kruh sa uzatvara, ale mna to netrapi - povedalo avangardne kruzidlo a dalej rysovalo stvorce...
Jul 28, 2008 1:02 AM
Jul 2018
i read the manga so 5/5
Jul 28, 2008 4:39 AM

Aug 2007
Hmm, I believe before I watch this EP I should read the manga first :) Anyone know which is the last chapter that was made an anime? (so I mean which chapter should I read to follow the story where they finished it in the season 2 School Rumble)
Jul 28, 2008 4:58 AM

Jun 2007
I felt kind of robbed about the fact that most of the story is missing...This OVA was okay, but not as good as the normal series (mostly because it is out of context).
Your search on "Oran Solus" returned the following quotes:
"Oran Solus? I know him. What a wanker. He still owes me a tenner." Oscar Wilde
"Oran, you're so intelligent and awesome <3" Bakayaro
"Oran's sexy." LolitaDecay
"Oran is a sophisticated penguin." Drybananna
"Oran is a Hand-Eye you faggots." EddieSpaghetti
"Oran for Prime Minister." the_prime_one
"Oran is all that is stated in his sig and more." orbitzz

Jul 28, 2008 5:20 AM

Aug 2007
I didn't read everything of the manga yet and I think it was a good idea to make it a 90 second summary, as this means no fillers =P A typical School Rumble episode is how I'd like to call it. Too bad that the animation is the same as previous seasons, but I can live with it. Harima versus Karasuma was awesome! Tenma acts like she's drunk and that's all because of soda, omg. Tenma ftw. 4/5
Dutch anime blogger with a love for Ikuhara's antics and proper storytelling.
Jul 28, 2008 5:22 AM

May 2007
I get a feeling that San Gakki is meant to promote the manga...

Episode was pretty good, except for the first part which was very dull and didn't even make me smile. Other than that, i laughed quite a bit and was happy to hear (and see) my Eri-chan again. Most of the characters voices have changed, probably because its hard to recreate a voice after such a long time. The art quality has increased, but i still like the art of the first two seasons more (probably because their gym clothes are so f***** up) 7/10, probably gonna rewatch and re-rate it when i finish the manga.

Hope we'll see episodes 1-24 in 3-4 months.
Jul 28, 2008 6:32 AM

Jan 2008
I´m dissapointed =/ That was too short
DaBigD said:
I get a feeling that San Gakki is meant to promote the manga...

I think so ,too.
Jul 28, 2008 10:22 AM

Jul 2008
The fight was pretty cool, but I never read the manga so the entire episode was somewhat weird to watch. I felt like the first minute or so was attempting to cram several chapters on content into my head and it felt like I had completely skipped the first 24 episodes while I was watching it.
Jul 28, 2008 7:23 PM
Jan 2008
technic said:
Hmm, I believe before I watch this EP I should read the manga first :) Anyone know which is the last chapter that was made an anime? (so I mean which chapter should I read to follow the story where they finished it in the season 2 School Rumble)

well i think is chapter 162. the manga is different from the anime. some of the scenes of the manga are in different orders as the anime. hate reading the manga is not as funny as watching the anime -___-.
Jul 28, 2008 7:24 PM

Feb 2008
The true is i kind of dislikes the way they end the school rumble without following the manga . I prefer it make a lof of episode how they all reacts with each other .
Jul 28, 2008 11:38 PM
Mar 2008
Mainly dissapointed at how short it is, but damn I missed this series. Watchin this made my day. I want more now so I might as well move on to the manga.
Jul 29, 2008 1:41 AM

Jan 2008
Not what I expected, but just loved how she got drunk off soda xD
Jul 29, 2008 2:23 AM

Nov 2007
FAMAS said:
This way we can skip to the end and actually see something meaningful happen.

Don't count on it.

FAMAS said:
The original Kujibiki Unbalance episodes that came as extras with the Genshiken DVDs did something similar. They were episodes 1, 21 and 25 of a 26 episode show. Very clever, imo.

Not similar at all. Kujibiki was never planned as a 26-episode anime and had no source material. They just made 3 random episodes (one episode being a recap episode) with no regard for an actual story. For School Rumble, they made an "episode 25" that started right near the ending of the source material. Not only that, but they started right in the middle of a story. This leads us to believe that they planned out a whole season (or at least storyboarded it) and for whatever reason only animated the last two episodes. There's nothing clever about it.
Jul 29, 2008 6:56 AM
Jan 2008
the only clever thing about it is they wants you to buy the manga :). they skip lots of character description or development on the other students. also theres a reason why karasuma is leaving.
Jul 29, 2008 9:30 AM

Jun 2007
Uh this was nice but we needed the context!!! I didnt read the manga so i guess i will. No more screen time for LALA????? that sucks but i liked the fight and Karasuma showing his feelings :#
Jul 29, 2008 8:10 PM

Aug 2007
Haha this is supposed to be an OVA episode? Not only does it pale in comparison to S1, but it can't even hold a candle to S2. The huge time skip pretty much makes you go WTF unless you've been keeping track with the manga. Everyone knows that School Rumble is all about Harima. All the damn focus on that idiot known as Tsukamoto Tenma annoyed me to death. Well on the bright side...at least she didn't look as hideous when she was crying compared to the manga...

For the record, nothing meaningful ever happened in SR. Seems KJ wants to reserve all the juicy stuff for SRZ...which is full of bull since he rendered everything about SR utterly useless.

Meh maybe episode 2 will be better...but this is just plain disappointing. Seriously Karasuma is sick? You won't even know this tidbit unless you read the manga...
Jul 29, 2008 11:48 PM

Sep 2007
Having not read the manga, and not planning on it either, this was a little disappointing. It was enjoyable, but not really what I wanted. I really hope for an actual season three. Hopefully the Japanese feel the same as well, where the cries will actually be heard.

Did you know there's a Phantasy Star Club?
Jul 30, 2008 8:04 AM
Jan 2008
don't waste your time reading the manga.
Jul 31, 2008 2:46 AM

Apr 2007
I think I may read the manga sometime myself.

Anyways, I agree with the majority here. I was disappointing, obviously because of their decision to animate only 2 episodes, and the last episodes at that of a non-existent 3rd series. Having not watched or read anything School Rumble related for nearly 2 years, and then when something finally comes you are completely thrown into the finale with little context, with summary's on the past in the 2nd last episode... Well... It just couldn't work.

Sucks ass too, school rumble deserved more :(... But I still shed a few tears and laughed a bit. My question is, is the ED gonna be completely fake like the first series? Or like the 2nd? (Although I can't even remember what happened in the end of the 2nd series...) Lets see.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 31, 2008 3:09 AM

Mar 2008
I thought it was a funny episode that kept with the spirit of the previous two seasons. I'll take just 25 and 26 over no episodes any day.
Jul 31, 2008 11:10 AM

Aug 2007
FAMAS said:

LOL PREPARE TO BE DISAPPOINTED.
Aug 1, 2008 3:13 PM

Aug 2007
Karura said:
FAMAS said:

LOL PREPARE TO BE DISAPPOINTED.

*nods head*

The most meaningful thing that ever happened in Sukuran is the development of the Flag and Onigiri factions, screw Oudou. Hell a lot of fun things happened during the walkathon, but they decided to skip all that to focus on Oudou...pffft!

lul tenma
Aug 2, 2008 11:33 PM

Nov 2007
Well that was kinda poop. D:

Best part of the ep was the ED.
Aug 4, 2008 12:52 PM
Sep 2007
i can only find raw, were can i download an episode with subs?
Aug 4, 2008 2:40 PM
Jan 2008
try mininova.org or baka-updates.com
Aug 5, 2008 9:28 PM

Dec 2007
congrats Kondansha... you just made me crave a true third TV series even more then before...

But yeah, it was disappointing because we were suddenly given the ending. Who knows maybe the cry for the 3rd season will be so loud after this, they'll have to comply. [/pipedream]
Aug 6, 2008 5:57 PM

Jan 2008
they didn't just made a random episode, they just give the episode concerning the volume because vol.21 and vol.22 are the last volumes of SR, normally the first 24 episodes should pop up (TV or directly in DVD)

http://sr.kc.kodansha.co.jp/onair.html <-- with "prev/next" you can have the content of the all season.
Aug 12, 2008 12:20 PM
Aug 2007
Does anyone know, WHY actually its screwed up so? Ok good eps, nice to know that i finally will know the ending of this story - but skiping 24 episodes, making two episodes with old opening and enging... what were someone thinking?! 2 great seasons and ova, and in the end they screwed it up xP
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» So...should I even watch this?

Florete - Jul 16, 2010

11 by Fail_Man_X »»
Apr 18, 8:32 AM

Poll: » School Rumble: San Gakki Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

SteveKeys - Sep 17, 2008

121 by faerie1 »»
Feb 26, 7:57 PM

» SR S3 Episode 1-24 Production

Puvi2Groovy - Jul 27, 2008

27 by Jacques_Monreal »»
Mar 4, 2023 8:47 AM

» Some questions regarding the series...

newgard - Jan 19, 2014

5 by Skittles »»
Apr 15, 2017 3:26 AM

» Disapointed !

MainGoldDragon - Apr 12, 2012

5 by Mkim »»
Apr 30, 2016 1:56 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.