Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 23, 2008 10:30 PM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
lol a trap and incest at the same time, two staples brought together for the first time (that ive seen).
Nov 3, 2008 11:27 AM
Nov 2008
Futakomori did a good job expanding this anime into more Vivid , Wild , Unknown realm of human's mind and even into forbidden taboo

This is great that they explore incest in more deep and realistic way rather than usual Otaku's fantasy (No offend, I like this kind of fantasy too ...but it's good to have them shown in difference such as this tragedy)
Nov 20, 2008 1:07 PM
May 2008
Episode 8 and 9, is more of what I'm expecting this anime series to be about. This series has had too many simple revenge plots these two seasons, and as we've seen, they are capable in producing much better stories.
Nov 28, 2008 1:09 PM

Jun 2008
Ew. Coming on to your little sister like that. KIMOII!
Feb 7, 2009 4:01 PM
Oct 2007
Ok, so I don't agree with incest, but did he really deserve to die? The sister could've just freaking move out. But yeah, I know, it's anime. They were exploring yet another theme.
Jul 21, 2009 8:00 AM

Jul 2008
that was one weird episode
Sep 3, 2009 1:02 AM

Mar 2009
Annisa said:
Ok, so I don't agree with incest, but did he really deserve to die? The sister could've just freaking move out. But yeah, I know, it's anime. They were exploring yet another theme.

Lol, my thoughts exactly. Just move out, don't say where you're going. Find someone you like, problem solved.

Of course, that would be too realistic, lol. Interesting episode none the less.
"One often meets his destiny on the road he takes to avoid it." Oogway
Sep 25, 2009 9:01 PM

Aug 2009
Loool. This episode made me laugh a bit.

I feel a little bad for the brother though since they're all alone. (him and his sister)
He just doesn't want to be separated from his sister even though it's kinda went into a taboo. :(
Jan 12, 2010 3:17 PM

Nov 2009
ok ew!!! but still i feel kinda bad 4 the guy... but he was a little messed up X3 haha i couldnt stop laughing though with the thoughts of him and another dude XD YAOI!!!
Mar 10, 2010 1:49 PM

Apr 2009
He was messed up but i don't think he deserved to die....
lol @ img bbcode not working, mal is such a great site
Mar 10, 2010 1:58 PM

Mar 2010
You people are still trying to watch them all? Dang. I finished ages ago.

AND that's what happens to all models. They start dressing like girls. Haha.
Mar 19, 2010 12:35 PM

Mar 2010
this episode made me pretty mad. i mean, come on! what an extreme way to solve a problem! mikio loved his sister so much, and even though he crossed the line, he regretted it in the end. he just wanted to protect his sister by becoming a woman..

man, so sad. maho was an absolute idiot to pull the string.
Jul 23, 2010 3:17 PM
Mar 2010
Hahaha, this is getting crazier.
Aug 21, 2010 6:33 PM
Jul 2018
Personally, I think the sister deserved to go to Hell more; she didn't even try to understand her brother, just blamed him for everything. :(
Oct 30, 2010 7:33 AM

Jul 2010
It was so sad Miki had to die, he just don't want to see his sister leave him since she is all he has left... Yeah it's a taboo but is it that wrong to try to protect that what you love? I mean if she was just a room mate it would've been "normal"...
That Maho thought he was trying to bully her was so sad, Ren was right, he just loves her.. I didn't thought he deserved the punishment, he didn't do anything wrong right? I mean if I'm right the guy who killed somebody for money, the "bad" teacher and some others didn't got a punishment while their actions were way more weirder/worse if u ask me...

Interesting episode, it was nice to see that Maho regretted what she did and I thought it was cute that Miki wasn't angry at Maho and only thought about the fact that he couldn't hurt her anymore when he was in the boat...

More Ren this episode, nicee ^^ was funny to see him pose for the mirror :)
Jan 26, 2011 11:57 PM

Dec 2008
erastale said:
This is great that they explore incest in more deep and realistic way rather than usual Otaku's fantasy (No offend, I like this kind of fantasy too ...but it's good to have them shown in difference such as this tragedy)

disco said:
this episode made me pretty mad. i mean, come on! what an extreme way to solve a problem! mikio loved his sister so much, and even though he crossed the line, he regretted it in the end. he just wanted to protect his sister by becoming a woman..

Animefanx3 said:
It was so sad Miki had to die, he just don't want to see his sister leave him since she is all he has left... Yeah it's a taboo but is it that wrong to try to protect that what you love?

Interesting episode, it was nice to see that Maho regretted what she did and I thought it was cute that Miki wasn't angry at Maho and only thought about the fact that he couldn't hurt her anymore when he was in the boat...

Hah, that's all the stuff I pretty much I wanted to say. I liked this one... and I was spot on in my guesses as to what would happen as the episode went along. When I heard the preview last time I was like, "What? You mean, like, the older brother enchants the younger sisters girlfriends into being his boyfriend? LAWL." But damn, he was a pretty woman...
Feb 14, 2011 7:04 AM

Oct 2009
Ehem...well another stupid girl, can't they ever talk things out -.-"
But its disturbing when Miki does whatever he does with the other guys in the rooms, they just turn gay or something? LoL :S

He didn't deserve to go to hell ;_;
Feb 19, 2011 4:22 AM

Oct 2008
So messed up.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Jul 3, 2011 6:15 AM
Jun 2011
overprotective much? -.-
everybody is saying 'that she didn't try to understood her brother', I am going to say ' that noby is trying to understan her'. He didn't want to protect her for her sake, he just wanted to get all of the boys out of the picture so that he don't have to share her with anyone. He went to much, he destroyed her life even before she concated Enma Ai.
Aug 14, 2011 4:52 AM
Nov 2010
No one noticed that the sister was also in love with the brother?
There are multiple scenes in the episode that point this out.
(to lazy to name them, if someone disagrees, I'll give them)
That's why she sent him to hell, if she didn't she wouldn't be able to refuse him anymore.

Glad I'm finally watching this show, it's good ^^ (and sad)
Aug 16, 2011 10:46 AM

Aug 2009
disco said:

My sentiments exactly. Somehow I feel the people from recent episodes are being duped into going to hell, riding on their unstable emotional state. I mean, if she didn't want to be with her brother, she could have just left. It wasn't like she had no other options.
Then, in the last scene Maho says "I'll be with you soon onii-chan".WTF? What was the point of sending her brother to hell for? So she can be with him together in hell?
Jan 27, 2012 11:41 AM

Aug 2009
This was a messed up episode! -_____-

Incest in kinda gross but she shouldnt have sent him to HELL just because he felt that way for his sister! -_____-

He probably couldnt control his feelings..
I dont think he deserved to go to hell at all! -______-
Feb 27, 2012 3:50 AM

Jun 2011
It's true that the best guys always look good as girls. I wonder what Ren would look like...
Mar 12, 2012 8:25 AM
Jul 2009
Apparently, going to hell means nothing to these people..

Let's see.. we have option A) Move out of the house, option B) Get some sort of counseling, and option C) Send each other to hell.

Oh yeah, let's pick C!
Mar 15, 2012 1:00 AM

Feb 2008
SecretNobody said:
Apparently, going to hell means nothing to these people..

Let's see.. we have option A) Move out of the house, option B) Get some sort of counseling, and option C) Send each other to hell.

Oh yeah, let's pick C!

The logics of anime are ever so amazing. This is my problem with this show, episodes like these ones where it is clear that the choice to send someone else to hell along with yourself is not worth it. There are a lot of other cases where pulling the string is "semi-acceptable" i.e. you're about to die, but even then it's still an shitty way to get out of it.
Apr 18, 2012 7:38 PM

Jul 2011
thus episode was really good to me because it had alot of ren in it KYAA!!!

as for the plot of this episode in kikuri's words "disgusting"
Aug 9, 2012 5:25 AM

May 2012
Well that's quite the weird thinking to cross dress to seduce your lil sister's boyfriend to have her eventually love you... quite fucked if I'd say so!

Great episode never the less!
Aug 17, 2012 10:36 PM

Aug 2010
Ok seriously the dude was messed up, but did he deserve to go to hell? NO

Where the hell were the parents?

Anyways this episode was pretty fucked up, but still good.
Aug 18, 2012 3:34 PM

Jun 2011
erastale said:
Futakomori did a good job expanding this anime into more Vivid , Wild , Unknown realm of human's mind and even into forbidden taboo
Exactly what I was thinking as well :)
Love how they are bringing up so different settings, something that I wouldn't be able to think up so easily :P Very interesting
Aug 24, 2012 1:58 PM
Sep 2009
I like the anime but at the same time I hate it.
It always takes all the cases to the extreme. Are people really that dumb? Most of the cases have so many alternative solutions yet everyone are so willing to send their soul to hell...

Even here she could have easily moved out. Besides she find out the truth so they could at least talk it through instead of sending him to hell right away =/
Sep 16, 2012 3:12 PM

Apr 2011
This episode really didn't need Jioku Shoujo involvement at all. Both siblings could of talk this out. I felt the brother didn't deserve to be sent to hell. The little sister seem to regret that decision now.

Incest is a taboo in the real world, but I didn't mind for anime :)
Sep 21, 2012 4:00 AM

Jan 2012
crossdresser + incest

now we're getting somewhere
Dec 4, 2012 4:28 AM

Jan 2012
he didn't deserve to die, quite a few people in this series didn't deserve to die, but the last couple of episodes have been smarter and had a more interesting subject
Feb 28, 2013 7:14 PM

Oct 2012
UGGGGGGGGGH this one bothered me on a emotional scale as a big brother .-.
Mar 28, 2013 1:28 PM

Aug 2008
Sis: Since when did you start liking me?
Bro: Perhaps.. since before we were born..

okay bro get it together, that's a little extreme. and corny.
Aug 17, 2013 12:46 AM

Mar 2013
Lmao this episode, called the incest! But when she said he goes from miki to mikio... I nearly spat out my drink XD
Seems like ren's always interested in the stories with sisters... probably has something to do with his backstory :O

oh the silly things you find on the internet
Sep 30, 2013 7:32 PM

Jun 2012
i actually thought i would hate this episode but it turn out pretty interesting overall. bit confused if it was really love or he really thought he was more pretty but there was definitely another way to stop this but okay some people are stupid.
"When a flat-chested loli hugs you, she holds you closer to her heart"
"--I am a single bullet. It has no heart. Therefore, it does not think. It just flies straight towards its target."
Oct 1, 2013 12:37 PM

Aug 2008
Waarom said:
No one noticed that the sister was also in love with the brother?
There are multiple scenes in the episode that point this out.
(to lazy to name them, if someone disagrees, I'll give them)
That's why she sent him to hell, if she didn't she wouldn't be able to refuse him anymore.

Glad I'm finally watching this show, it's good ^^ (and sad)

Let me give it a shot.

1) When the little sister says she'll go to Hell anyway, but doesn't explain herself.

2) When the brother touches her hand accidentally, you can see that the sexual tension is definitely not one-sided.

3) Whenever someone (I don't remember who) suggested that maybe the brother does this because he loves you, her reaction is strange. She acts as though that would be worse than her brother seducing her boyfriends because he hates her.

4) When someone (I don't remember who) says that love and hate are the same thing, her reaction is odd there as well.

5) Before she pulls the string, she says that now she won't be able to say no to her brother; therefore she has to send him to hell before they become an incestuous couple, which is somehow worse than sending him and herself to hell.

6) After the fact, Wanyuudou I think it was, said something about the brother and sister having the type of feelings that a "man and a woman" have for each other.
Oct 4, 2013 11:51 AM

Aug 2013
Ren is so cute~! (≧ω≦)

Why did she have to send her brother to hell? All she had to do was to move away from him, and make sure to not contact him again, then he wouldn't know about her having a boyfriend...anime logic x_x
Jan 5, 2014 10:47 PM

Nov 2013
Really? The brother didn't have to die. I wonder if they were blood related or not. I'm not saying incest is alright but if they weren't blood related does it still count as incest? I mean he ruined his sister's life but i mean my god she most be a fucking whore! With the amount of boyfriends she goes out with no wonder her brother would be overprotective. It's a shame that the jigoku shoujo gang (or whatever) doesn't even give their victims another chance to admit their sins, they just kill them, like that's a bit cruel, like he really didn't do anything bad. I mean like it's almost like that group is slowly just turning evil.
Jun 6, 2014 1:50 AM

Jun 2008
Agree with what everyone said here. The logic is so dumb in this episode and it's not like there wasn't any other options to solve it. All of these people didn't even attempt to solve the problems on their own -____________- Yeah, Maho is not going to suffer since she sent her brother to hell, year right. What sort of bullshit is this. Is it really that hard to consider moving out of the house or talk it through, it's not as though the brother actually raped her...... >___>
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 11, 2014 1:36 AM

Nov 2013
Maho was an idiot for pulling the string. Her and Mikio could have found a way to fix their relationship or Maho could have moved out.

Ren was sexy as hell this episode.

Nov 13, 2014 5:05 PM

Jan 2014
Omg super weird.
Jul 7, 2015 11:11 AM

Aug 2012
what a stupid reason to send your brother to hell, clearly he had problems but it was for a "pure reason" to protect his sister, he even regretted the decision of crossing the lane between love and siblings...

l think that his sister was selfish and jealous about miki's beaty, and in a desperate situation had to pull the string, still not justified though
Sep 25, 2015 4:01 AM

Aug 2014
I thought it would be just incest, but it got way more fucked up.

Oh, pitiful shadow cloaked in darkness.
Thy actions cause men pain and suffering.
Thy hollow soul drowns in thy sins.
How would you like to see what death is like?
-Enma Ai
Jan 2, 2016 12:02 PM

Aug 2012
At the beginning, I thought this would of been some bro & sis, incest type of thing, or siscon or what. Who would of guessed that, loll! But it did turn out like that in the end I guess :P
This dude is messed up! Wow, I'd hate it to if he were cross-dressing, stealing my boyfriends, plus he looks x10 better than when doing so.
But she could of just left or something, she didnt have to go that far.
Jan 18, 2016 4:43 PM

Jan 2014
That girl was stupid... I don't think he deserved hell
Mar 11, 2016 3:14 PM
Aug 2012
Having mutual feeling to each other, knowing about it every moment and not being able to be happy because it would be an incest...He didn't deserve to die-but it was how they resolved the problem and tension between them- they will meet in hell and burn happily ever after... I hope so at least. Love is a very cruel thing you know.
May 2, 2016 2:35 PM

Feb 2015
I don't know if this is an innocent case or not but this is one messed up episode, like Wanyu said, there is a frigging line that siblings shouldn't cross and that can't... no, mustn't be ignored. Anime always has to find some way to shove incest or attempted incest or w/e you want to call it down my throat... urgh.

The logical choice would've been to get the funk away from that person but wth.

Oh and I'm really liking the fact that the reporter is missing so far... I hope it stays that way.
Oct 10, 2016 12:12 PM

Jun 2015
this was a one messed up episode like damn
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Futakomori Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

aero - Jul 30, 2008

64 by nrrc102 »»
Dec 4, 2023 12:21 AM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Futakomori Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

so_addictive - Apr 22, 2008

85 by bunniboiz »»
Oct 26, 2023 10:23 AM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Futakomori Episode 8 Discussion

figure8life - Jul 20, 2009

46 by bunniboiz »»
Oct 24, 2023 3:14 PM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Futakomori Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Antarael - Nov 13, 2008

61 by bunniboiz »»
Oct 24, 2023 2:46 PM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Futakomori Episode 18 Discussion

aero - Jul 30, 2008

39 by Dawizz »»
Jul 23, 2023 12:43 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.