Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]
Jan 9, 2017 12:51 AM

Jan 2013
All's well that ends well. Too bad 10 out of the 25 episodes were filler. Didn't like how cliche the last arc was.
Wonder why it was so popular.
7/10 as a whole.
8/10 for the nonfiller.
Jan 22, 2017 2:23 PM

Feb 2015
Very mixed feelings about this anime. It had some genuinely good moments, but was brought down by plenty of not-so great moments. It was still a fairly entertaining watch, and I might consider checking out the 2nd season sometime.
7/10
Feb 9, 2017 8:28 AM
Feb 2016
Although I loved the show as a whole, the ending was disappointing.

I watched this before embarking upon season 2 which is currently airing. If I'm correct the second season takes off after episode 17 of season 1, ignoring the last episodes which were anime original. The drop in quality of the plot was glaringly obvious. I'm very curious if season 2 will improve upon the anime only ending.
Feb 9, 2017 8:39 AM
Jun 2016
I mean the start of the anime was not bad... then when Rin went to the academy, it was a little more boring and less "story" but I feel like this ending is not the BEST but it is still on e that fits well for its end.....?
Mar 17, 2017 1:30 PM

Aug 2016
It had a pretty alright ending, for an anime original ending at least.

I really like Yuri, I hope we get to see her in the manga soon!
Apr 1, 2017 11:00 AM

Jan 2015
Ah, decent ending. I thought Satan would be more dark character and fully heel. Yukio's act was cocky in these episodes, I expected the friends of Rin to not be by his side when they learnt about his identity. The first two episodes were 10/10 from me! Then, 3-17 were 9/10 and after 18/25 were 6,5-7/10 from me. But I gave all the series 8/10.
I hope 2nd season is how I expect it...
Apr 15, 2017 11:28 AM

Dec 2012
Yeeeaahh...now that I've seen the sequel (manga story line), I have mixed thoughts about this anime original story arc. I don't dislike it, but it certainly felt like a downgrade. The entire Vatican takeover felt overly condensed and this "final battle" with Satan was entirely formulaic (and inconclusive). I guess to make it simpler...

Things I like:
+ Satan and Yuri's relationship dynamic. It was compelling and added an extra layer of grey to Satan's intentions and desires. Rather than wanting to destroy Assiah, he just wanted to be able to connect to it the same way he could with Yuri.
+ The aftermath of the final battle. The world will never be the same and there's now an abundance of people who are want to become exorcists (as seen in the cram school segment at the end).

Things I hate (or at least, don't like):
- Open ending. The whole "We won the battle but the war will never end" thing just didn't work here. The showdown with Satan was so inconsequential and other than filling up the cram school's seats, it's just back to business as usual.
- Taking ideas from the manga without following it. Just feels cheap to not adapt the actual story but alter bits and pieces from it.
- Yukio being just like Rin. Can't really expand on this without spoiling. Let's just say I like the original story's take on Yukio's status as the other son of Satan.
- How utterly useless the other ExWires were. Really and truly, I like the team sport aspect of exorcism that seemed to be lost on this finale.

Ah but with all of that out of the way, I'd still say it did a good job. I'm not going to chastise it as a butchering of source material or blasphemy to le manga.

Episodes 1-17: 8/10
Original Arc: 7/10
Overall: 8/10 for this re-watch, I'll keep it right where I left it.
Apr 16, 2017 2:53 AM

Jan 2014
I don't really get this twist, I mean, I find that Yuri intention for a human and demon live together isn't that bad, I like it how she act toward the demon when she live in the forest. even demons grow fond of her.

now just when Satan about to realize their dream, the world turn against them. maybe because Satan destroying anything in the proses, but if only those twin could come to agreement with satan, maybe they can give satan change to possess either Rin or Yukio so that satan can touch anything without turning them into ashes. that way, not only they willl cease fire, but maybe they can live in peace. what satan wants are only to feel what Yuri tell him, right?

that's what I thought about the latest episode.
Apr 24, 2017 6:48 PM

Jul 2013
Even if I don't know anything about the manga I liked this anime original ending.

I wonder who the older guy at the begining was Mephisto talked to.

Seeing Rin, Yukio, Shura and even Angel working together as a team vs the demons was pretty cool. That first attack Rin fired towards the gate wasn't enough to destroy it.

In the meanwhile Izumo, Shima, Suguro and Konekomaru got attacked in the save zone. Konekomaru had a good idea with the time difference. The result was that they were able to beat the demons with the daylight of the vatikan.

I also liked how Yukio was able to finally hear Kuro. Both riding on Kuro towards the Gehenna gate which was destroying the city and fighting the demons was nice to see. The phoenix Rin and Yukio build after they combined their power was really cool. Mephisto was freaking out after he saw that hahaha :D

I'm glad everyone is well and that everything goes his normal way again. Nice of Mephisto giving Yukio and Rin the chance to visit the place their mother lived and borned them. The way satan wanted to unite the human and demon world was definitely wrong but maybe Rin and Yukio are able to do it right.

Overall I really liked the beginning of Ao no Exorcist. Towards the end it got a little bit weird at some points but okay. I wonder how the second season will be. Looking forward to see that.

Oct 27, 2017 9:09 AM

Jun 2016
Shiemi: "Why are you two so reckless?"
Me: The fuck? Coming from you!?!? FUck you!

Aww the cliche hug from that shounen moe girl. Repulsive.

That was an okay finale, I guess. Nothing special, really.

8/10 for the whole show. Almost dropped this so many times because of how much Shiemi fucking annoyed me (her seiyuu made me hate her more). Glad I survived her annoying the fuck outta me. Honestly, everything about her is repulsive to me. Fuck everything she didn't die. Jesus.

P.S. Decided to not drop this show for more Mephisto. Thanks, Mephisto.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Nov 7, 2017 4:51 AM
Jul 2018
I second the posters above that pointed out the flaws and didn't left anything out of what makes this series so bad, it perfectly sums up my feelings. One of the very rare cases where I have come across an interesting idea that have gone fully wasted. This anime held so much potential in one single hand but did so little with it; to be honest almost nothing in particular. It's obvious as a day that no one got serious around when making it; no one seriously nor genuinely put their heart into this. Sad. Because I really wanted to love this anime and everything about it but it's just one huge failure.

3/10 - my final score. I'm very sorry it had to be this way.
Mar 20, 2018 12:19 AM

Sep 2013
Loved it. Lots of fun with a good mix of action, comedy and drama.

8/10

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Mar 16, 2019 6:43 PM

Jun 2015
i think this anime could've done a lot more. i was interested and found most of it to be okay, but this last arc was just a tiny off putting for me. i really didn't like the satan and yuri relationship and how pure and loving they seemed being pushed in my face, that he's actually a nice guy trying to make his love's dream a reality. if i watched this in my earlier anime days i would've fell in love with it guaranteed, butin present day i'd set it somewhere at 6.5 but for mal's rating, i'd go with 6.
Apr 11, 2019 2:50 PM
Oct 2018
It's crazy how when you think they hit the bottom they get to dig lower and make episodes even worse than the previous one.
May 18, 2019 2:47 AM

Apr 2013
It was a good anime, without Shura I would probably have given it just an average rating though. Didn't really care about any of the other characters tbh xD
7/10
Nov 2, 2019 10:46 PM
Apr 2016
That wasn't too bad of an anime, remotely fun to watch. Not too surprised about the ending, since it's not a good anime overall, but still! I'll take it.
Nov 23, 2019 7:08 AM

Feb 2019
"Stop, Time, thou art so beautiful!" is a great saying.

The anime was very cliche (you know, one character sees his friend getting beaten, so they get angry and beat the baddie against all odds).

Satan's character was weak. I much prefer the image of Satan when he was with Yuri. Calm, collected, and sane.

I also don't like Rin's and Yukio's ears. I'd prefer it if they had normal, human ears.

The scene where they visited their mothers grave was very touching :(

Ok anime overall, gave it an 8, and Suguro was my fav character, he played the frenemy relationship with Rin very well :)
Unusual_KmcNov 23, 2019 7:13 AM
I am not a weeb, I simply enjoy 2D girls
Mar 3, 2020 11:49 AM

Mar 2014
It is an anime with good ideas/bad execution, bland/overpowered main character with almost zero character development, useless cast and a rushed ending+main-antagonist. It almost sound like SAO's first arc!

I really loved in the beginning the way that they blend very well the Japan' Shintoism elements (Monks, Yokais, shrines, etcs) into the Christian's "demonlogy". Shame they only limited into very few stuff like Kuro.

Surprisingly the manga is still ongoing, so I would give it a second chance a few chapters, maybe the manga got a better development.
Apr 4, 2020 3:25 AM
Apr 2020
MermaidGalaxies said:
I demand a REMAKE! XD Following the manga. >.<

Ahhh, 2nd Season PLEASE!!
I need mah weekly RIN ♥

you had to wait 6 years ouch :((
Apr 24, 2020 1:00 AM

Jul 2008
Well the season wrapped up with a bow on it, I liked a lot of the characters, I just didn't like the ending of it.

It was too neat, and the grandfather story just felt like a grenade in the whole story.

Still it gets a 7/10 from me.
Oct 12, 2020 3:30 PM

Mar 2019
Ah yes, Mephisto making a contract between him(a demon) and a human. Sounds familiar, like black butler. Damn they really wanted this to be for the black butler fans . Cause the ending is kinda weird and not as good as black butler, but the canon episodes were amazing so yea 7/10 for me. Gave the same score to Black butler season 1. Now I only need to watch that long movie and those 2 specials and finally seaosn 2, canon episodesss. I'm hyped.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Oct 17, 2020 6:50 AM

Jan 2013
I really enjoyed this honestly.
Sure it's not unique with it's plot but the chemistry between the characters was great and it just had a lot of great moments.

8/10
Dec 3, 2020 3:01 PM
Jul 2020
bruh its ok its not that good or that bad
Mar 11, 2021 5:10 AM

Jun 2020
It was like a watered down, teen version of Noragami/some generic demon supernatural plot but I still enjoyed it. I love Rin!!!!! What a waste of the first few episodes, it started out so strong. Seemed like the direction struggled trying to develop the plot & characters & to maintain a consistent tone.

The after-credits scene where they went to the cave where they were born was really nice tho.

If anyone could be Paladin, Bon seemed like he would make a great candidate, tho lacking in battle. But he’s level-headed & so perceptive. Side-characters were a hit/miss but I really liked Bon & Shura. Arthur too but there was really not much development.

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

May 2, 2021 10:03 PM

Jan 2021
Backstory with Satan and Yuri was good. Everything else was generic and boring trash. I had high hopes for this one because of all the praise people were giving it. Not gonna waste my time watching season 2.
under”Mebius” is my salvation

Jul 9, 2021 10:27 PM

Jan 2020
Cool? Pretty average finale but it wasn't the worst I've ever seen.

Overall, this series is a mixed bag for me. I loved a lot of episodes and I disliked some (especially the last few ones).

I'm not sure how to feel but I did have a memorable experience watching this series

Feb 17, 2022 7:43 AM
Feb 2022
Didn't expect some things but show was still good and interteing and fun to watch
Feb 18, 2022 2:49 AM

Aug 2020
Pretty alright conclusion for the season 1. looking forward for the the season 2.

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Oct 14, 2022 1:00 PM
Nov 2018
I liked very much!
Oct 29, 2022 12:08 PM
Sep 2022
pene
teta
culo
esta buena la shiemi si
Nov 5, 2022 3:48 AM
Jan 2021
idk i barely rember the plot
Dec 23, 2022 12:56 AM
Jun 2021
was a good experience power systems was asss off
Jan 15, 2023 5:43 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Well of course they would have that kind of alternate happy ending and didn't let Satan rule the world, fortunately, well it's nothing too different from usually or deep into the character development/world building but was cool overall as a shounen, gonna see how S2 goes. 7/10
Feb 19, 2023 11:41 AM
Jul 2020
Needs better animation
Apr 12, 2023 8:11 AM
Dec 2022
football is just too good
Jul 3, 2023 8:57 AM
Jul 2023
If we ignore the 2nd half of the season and just skip to season 2 the story is much better and i like it from there
Dec 7, 2023 6:52 PM

Dec 2017
This was below mediocre. I'm not sure I'll be watching the second season, the first one was pretty bad already.
Dec 31, 2023 3:41 PM
Apr 2022
good: the worldo, big boobas, interesting background stories
bad: too many fillers. too many unlikeable characters(except Mephisto, he's doing great), satan too weak
6/10
Jan 24, 1:06 PM
Apr 2019
It's good but no that great
Feb 17, 6:03 PM
May 2020
its not that good but its not the real end watch the 2nd season
Mar 2, 8:25 AM
Sep 2021
Found it interesting but it was sad it was non cannon.
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Jul 31, 2011

191 by XILG »»
Apr 16, 11:29 AM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - May 22, 2011

202 by XILG »»
Apr 11, 7:51 PM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Zeando - May 1, 2011

239 by Horshu »»
Mar 24, 5:43 AM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Apr 24, 2011

310 by Horshu »»
Mar 24, 5:41 AM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Apr 17, 2011

302 by Horshu »»
Mar 24, 5:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.