Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jul 20, 2008 4:13 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Angel-Rin was beautiful.

This was a very nice final, I liked how it all came together and that Apos got what he/she/it deserved. Overall I'm giving this an 8/10. It was nicely different, and a bit sick. The whole 'anime for adults' stuff in the other Mnemosyne topic is pretty much bullshit though. It takes a bit more than just a topic not suited for kids and most teenagers. I was a bit worried that this anime would kinda end like that, in a weak conclusion... but I liked how they ended it so I won't have to lower my score.
cyruzJul 20, 2008 4:16 PM

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jul 20, 2008 5:24 PM

Feb 2007
yea, I was a little bit afraid they would mess up the end too but this was kind of satisfying.
Overall the series was good but very sick in concept, I just don't know how to rate this correctly and to what people I should recommend it.

I'm a little confused now xD

Donate to my awesomeness! | "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein
Jul 20, 2008 6:01 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
The concept is indeed quite sick. The torture scene with Rin in episode 4 (I think it was 4, maybe it was 5) is stuck in my head and probably only something for scik fcuks to enjoy, but hey. xP Guess it's somewhat of an interest niche, or maybe I just haven't seen enough of this kinda stuff. Fortunately.

Anyway, they still managed to keep it on an acceptable level for me. I'll recommend it to a friend, but I'll put a warning sign up lol.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jul 20, 2008 6:30 PM

Jul 2008
cyruz said:
Anyway, they still managed to keep it on an acceptable level for me. I'll recommend it to a friend, but I'll put a warning sign up lol.

So damn true.
Jul 20, 2008 7:05 PM

Feb 2008
I need to watch this series again, in one night preferably. Good ending, that information gathering business was less sinister than what I expected. Nice to see it ending on a high note, pretty much everyone but Rin and Mimi dead :)
I quite didn't get that whole memories of the Maeno family explanation though, it was a nice touch though having the destiny/fate bit for them, makes all of their deaths less meaningless.
Jul 20, 2008 8:07 PM

Mar 2008
Is it just me who found this series not sick but intriguing?
Jul 20, 2008 8:25 PM

Aug 2007
I say both =P
Too bad no end of the world, shame...

I for one enjoyed the fact that Rin didn't become like Apos (sick hemaphrodite) and she retained her sexiness plus cool angel wings. Mnemosyne had everything from fanservice to outright torture. Gets an 8/10 from me:-)
Jul 20, 2008 8:27 PM

Feb 2008
Im quite happy with the way things ended. The episode itself was quite 'intense' in a graphical sense but thankfully was equally intriguing watching the final story unfold.

So in the ending we're basically told that one day everyone will be a 'linked to Yggdrassil', is that implying that one day everyone on earth will either be a immortal/angel ?

Overall 8/10, unique concept, <3 the time skips and the deaths of plot characters early on always had me guessing, leaving it never predictable.
Jul 20, 2008 8:53 PM

Oct 2007
I liked how this ended. It is still open ended but I was still left satisfied with what was shown. I too need to watch it again to understand fully the Maeno connection but I kind of understand it.

The highlight of the episode was Mimi not acting like a damsel in distress. She got on the ball and did everything in her power to save Rin (though her effectiveness kind of sucks it's the thought that counts.)

My question is: Since Apos was half woman half man he acted like an immortal angel, does this mean that since Rin is the new guardian and a woman that she is now an immortal guardian?

If we got 80% or higher let me know! :)
Jul 20, 2008 10:00 PM

Dec 2007
It was certainly an interesting show. 8/10.

And after a while, seeing all the nudity/sex/omgadultthemes was just kinda whatever. In fact it was always that way to me.
Jul 20, 2008 11:04 PM

Apr 2008
I've just finished watching it and I'm surprised how they could solve everithing in the last ten minutes, they explained a LOT tough.
I think that the fact that Apos was hermaphrodite has nothing to do with him being the keeper, he was just like that and it was useful to make him suffer when Rin threw him into the egg with those women.

BTW, I liked the little "omake" during the ending credits.
Jul 21, 2008 12:46 AM

Jan 2007
I for one wasn't impressed with the finale. It wasn't exciting as I hoped it to be. It seemed way rushed near the end with all the information being presented and Mishio being part of it all felt way out of place.

Overall though, I did enjoy the series. I loved the whole concept with time and how the story was set throughout many years. Gets a 7 from me.
Jul 21, 2008 1:49 AM

Dec 2007
u can't find better ending :D . Everything done perfectly.
Jul 21, 2008 2:06 AM

Feb 2008
lilgumba said:

My question is: Since Apos was half woman half man he acted like an immortal angel, does this mean that since Rin is the new guardian and a woman that she is now an immortal guardian?

Not entirely sure, but I think she is.

This was a satisfying ending to a pretty good series.
Angel Rin was great! =P
This series gets from me an 8/10.
Jul 21, 2008 3:13 AM

Sep 2007
I feel comfortable leaving this at an 8/10, even though that show was so unbelievably confusing. I found it enjoyable, but it will be very difficult to recommend to most people I know. The uniqueness of this show was wonderful, I wish more shows these days could find such depth.

Did you know there's a Phantasy Star Club?
Jul 21, 2008 5:54 AM

Oct 2007
Wow,
I'd have to say, for myself this rivaled the Neon Genesis movies for 'wha?' factor. I quite enjoyed the first five episodes, despite some of the 'shock factor' I found it quite intruiging and of course - the animation style for me was a huge drawcard :) I felt the ending could have been a little better constructed, although it explained a whole lot...But! It's not often you find something that manages to tick most boxes. Depth, interesting characters, great voice acting etc etc.

My Hollywood movie sequel sense is tingling - Now I can only wonder... The baby... hmmm
Jul 21, 2008 9:09 AM

Oct 2007
Very Confusing but satisfying ending. This will stay as a 7 for me but it's about a little less than the NGE series for me because NGE had 2 movies and 26 episodes to explain everything. This was only 6 episodes and the last episode was rushed with information that could have been presented in the other episodes as a replacement of the yuri scenes.
Jul 21, 2008 9:10 AM
Sep 2007
OMG, this is probably the best dark anime I ever watched.

I did learn something new from this anime:

"This anime is not for kid"

XD

10/10 for me.
Jul 21, 2008 10:23 AM

Feb 2008
cyruz said:
Angel-Rin was beautiful.

Yeah she was.

I like the end very much.
I was unsure how it'll be because I couldn't think of what could happen in the end.
But this was really good. :3

8/10
Jul 21, 2008 11:57 AM

Nov 2007
Seems im alone in finding this episode a bit unsatisfying?

I was REALLY looking forward to this because the 5 episode ended on such a cliffhanger, I still feel theres a lot of the show that remains unexplained, the whole purpose of the immortal women/angel relationship for example - unless of course I missed something.

This is a series that by and large I shouldnt like, large amounts of fan service and gratuitous yuri scenes normally put me off a show yet Mnemosyne had enough plot and mystery to keep me coming back for more.

The fact that they were still explaining plot elements though the closing credits smacks of poor timing, and the whole thing seems a bit, well, I guess I was expecting it to end with more of a bang..

Wavering between a 6/10 and a 7/10 on this show...
Jul 21, 2008 12:08 PM
Apr 2008
for this last ep I would say its good but than something that remains unexplained.
they tried to explain everthing at the last part of the show which is kind of bad imo but I like the plot for this show
6-8 out of 10 for this show
I don really recommend this show unless someone is bored of shounen animes.
Jul 21, 2008 1:08 PM

Jun 2008
I'd say 9/10. I liked the show, but the fact that they never did develop the relationship between Tajimamori and Rin left me a bit disgruntled, he only got like.. 5-10 minutes of show time.
Jul 21, 2008 4:33 PM

Jun 2008
nice satisfying conclusion to an excellent series 9/10

the entire angel Rin scene was really well done
Jul 21, 2008 4:41 PM

Aug 2007
the scene with rin facing ihika was best. like the rest of the series, some great scenes and nice ideas, but the story buildup went wrong and the overall feel was never satisfying.

they tried too much to be an adult anime and lost sight of some basic things imo
6/10: fine it was, with obvious potential
Jul 21, 2008 7:23 PM

Sep 2007
Hmm... not quite sure what to say about that last episode... but all in all it was a pretty nice series and I enjoyed watching it a lot... well, it went a bit weird in the last 2-3 episodes, but it was still nice

Jul 22, 2008 5:15 AM

Jul 2007
It was a pretty good ending.
This usually isn't my type anime but I really enjoyed it, 8/10 from me.
Jul 22, 2008 5:38 PM

Sep 2007
I say nice ending but very confusing.. I will probably watch it a few times to think it over.

I never really got the thing with the baby and the "bride of god" thing in that egg.. very confusing..
And also , the last word in the end credits : "And then..." drove me crazy XD
And who was that woman that Apos kept torturing and playing chess with? Was that the readhead chick with the talking robot head?

The whole series was awesome but I must say they could have made the ending a bit more understandable..

Jul 23, 2008 5:31 AM
Jul 2018
The thing with dark animes is that there can never be a full happy ending. Personally i would have preferred if that angel guardian at the end survived and lived happily ever after with rin but hey it's a dark anime. anyway at least there's the OP/ED songs that i can listen to. overall this gets 9/10 and yeah angel rin was hot!
p.s was this anime based off a novel or totally made up? if so the producer gets props ^_^
Jul 23, 2008 10:53 AM

Jul 2007
rin + mimi + mishio = WIN

not only did rin get a baby, she also got two lolis. hell yeah!

and yeah i agree that this is a great ending. couldn't have done it any better.
Jul 23, 2008 2:56 PM

Jan 2008
Good ending of a great anime!And Angel-Rin was beatiful. 9/10
Jul 23, 2008 2:57 PM

Sep 2007
corroded said:
rin + mimi + mishio = WIN

not only did rin get a baby, she also got two lolis. hell yeah!

Lol. Enough of a reason to be really jealous of her.

Nice Ending for a nice series. There were still some things left I didn't really understand or that left me a bit puzzled (Tajimamori, Rins past etc.) but after all the ending was okay.

8/10 is appropriate, I think.
Jul 23, 2008 4:56 PM

Jun 2008
The whole show was a bit confusing, I have to see it again to better understand it...
The ending was, and at the same time, was not satisfying. I mean, they beat Apos, she got a baby, a happy ending, but they didn't explain a lot of things....
Like, what exactly is a Yggdrassil? Also, as said in the post above, Rins past etc...
But i liked that part about Fruits of time, remembering everything they pass trough :)
And Angel Rin is definitely veery cool ;)
This anime differs much from others, and it's very intriguing, so that's why i like it so much... I think 9 out of 10 :)

p.s. I'd like a seventh episode of this very much ;)

//“The third time is for what will be. The way back will come but once. Be steadfast.”
Jul 25, 2008 11:59 PM
Feb 2008
So Taji was the angel guy she talked too on the phone and also the guy sent to find the truth to immortality by the 1st Chinese empereror story from Ep 5. He's also the great great,etc grandfather of Maeno's family....making sense as to why Rin was dealing with several generations of Maenos in the series.

I don't get the whole point of the guardian of Yggsdrasil thing and how it passes on or how the Taji guy even had a child or the point of those women in white aka the ROOT of Yggdrasil.

6 out of 10
Jul 26, 2008 1:51 PM

Mar 2008
Rin's last words in the series were, "Some things are enjoyable, because they're unknown."

This anime wasn't one that I would consider enjoyable, but there was a whole lot of unknowing.

The ending wasn't completely disappointing, but the series as a whole wasn't that great.

I should have watched episode one 6 times

or

They should just make this into a hentai series.
Jul 29, 2008 10:17 PM

Aug 2007
d(^_^)b from me. I loved the whole thing. 10/10

natsuki-chan-bg said:
p.s. I'd like a seventh episode of this very much ;)

So would I. Maybe a 30 min ep that flashes forward through time.
Dikard_von_DoomJul 29, 2008 10:22 PM
"Buy the ticket, take the ride." R.I.P. Hunter S. Thompson
Jul 29, 2008 11:52 PM

Aug 2007
a little confusing at the end but the concept was pretty original (and..sick). it's between a 7-8 for me
Jul 30, 2008 1:19 PM

Dec 2007
Liked the ending. Although it was an absolute bitch to follow what with the month gap between episodes. And I agree with Heart_of_Storm, I thought it was pretty crappy to be tying up the plot during the final credits. I almost skipped them. But i'll let it slide and keep the score because overall I enjoyed it
Aug 5, 2008 11:11 AM

Oct 2007
It was ok but had too much gore and sex even for me. It seems that the sex part wasn't even necessary but just added on to gain some fanservice or w/e. It wasn't bad but I found the climax kinda lacking.7/10

"I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees." By Emiliano Zapata
Oct 11, 2008 9:33 PM

Sep 2008
i like it.. 9/10
Nov 20, 2008 6:49 AM

Oct 2008
Nice series but the final doesn't conviced me at all. Excellents songs for the opening and ending.

7/10
Nov 24, 2008 9:49 AM

Oct 2008
Nice series, overall. And the ending wasn't perfect, but they made a good job though, since it became so complex. And yes, it's certainly just for adults. xD

(By the way, I love Galneryus! OP and ED were perfect!)
Nov 28, 2008 5:25 AM

Sep 2008
enjoyed for the whole series, but not too satisfied with this last episode.

8/10 for overall
6,5/10 for the last episode
Jan 3, 2009 12:31 PM

Nov 2008
fertygo said:
enjoyed for the whole series, but not too satisfied with this last episode.

8/10 for overall
6,5/10 for the last episode

I have to agree with you. I was ready to give this anime an 8 but the sixth episode's plot quality was quite, quite poor.

Interesting feature:
There are way too many references to fertility symbols and the ying yang relationship of men and women... The last episode makes me want to classify this anime as hentai. Let me ruin the anime for you:

Did you know that the liquid that comes after breaking the fruit looks like something from the male reproductive system and how all the women in this anime somehow moan in ecstasy? XD
Jan 23, 2009 12:03 PM

Dec 2008
arimakenshin said:

Did you know that the liquid that comes after breaking the fruit looks like something from the male reproductive system and how all the women in this anime somehow moan in ecstasy? XD

Haha that's a rather unusual way of putting things in perspective.
But it can be considered lol. In fact you are right, in this episode when Rin and that Tajami.. or whatever his name was, were having sex. Did he not explain that "The God's Bride needs White Blood, and that blood impregnates the bride and she sees a golden morning" LOL

I gotta hand it to the writer, I don't know if you can call it smart or weird.. maybe a bit of both. But haha that made me laugh when I just realized that.
Maybe they should have just made this into hentai xP
AneeshrokzJan 23, 2009 12:40 PM
Jan 24, 2009 11:24 AM

Nov 2008
Aneeshrokz said:
arimakenshin said:

Haha that's a rather unusual way of putting things in perspective.
But it can be considered lol. In fact you are right, in this episode when Rin and that Tajami.. or whatever his name was, were having sex. Did he not explain that "The God's Bride needs White Blood, and that blood impregnates the bride and she sees a golden morning" LOL

I gotta hand it to the writer, I don't know if you can call it smart or weird.. maybe a bit of both. But haha that made me laugh when I just realized that.
Maybe they should have just made this into hentai xP

The last episode definitely makes an attempt at turning the series into hentai. I couldn't avoid seeing how the producers turned the once intelligent main character into a blubbering immortal woman who loves to blush at "white blood" and whimper at some random man...

Feb 12, 2009 8:54 PM

Oct 2008
This was a very satisfying end to the series. In the end, even Apos got what he wanted.

Apr 15, 2009 7:57 AM

Nov 2008
the-ryan- said:
This was a very satisfying end to the series. In the end, even Apos got what he wanted.

The anime also treated viewers to an orgy of dazed women moaning for no reason... X_X
Sep 7, 2009 8:17 AM
Jul 2009
I personally, think the ending was great. But damn, that baby was ugly! :P
Oct 2, 2009 3:10 AM

Sep 2009
Apos got what was coming to him in this ep

and it was just an awesome way to finish the series imo

it's a sick series

i wasn't that put off by Apos as a hemaphrodite

;D

Oct 23, 2009 12:46 PM

May 2009
I really liked this last episode, it wasn't that confusing.. but still a little.

For those who want to know what Yggdrasil is:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yggdrasil
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mnemosyne - Mnemosyne no Musume-tachi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Wasabi - Feb 9, 2008

130 by BlueBullet178 »»
Apr 22, 2:43 PM

Poll: » Mnemosyne - Mnemosyne no Musume-tachi Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

cyruz - Mar 5, 2008

111 by Labracadabrador »»
Mar 7, 8:20 PM

Poll: » Mnemosyne - Mnemosyne no Musume-tachi Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

nseika - May 4, 2008

89 by greed2 »»
Jan 4, 9:42 AM

» (help) Ending didn't make sense

Obers - Mar 17, 2009

15 by Allwynd »»
Jun 17, 2023 7:43 AM

» Finally and adult anime! ( 1 2 )

funkpanda - Feb 11, 2008

75 by Allwynd »»
Jun 8, 2023 2:33 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.