Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jul 22, 2008 11:39 PM

Jan 2008
Well besides all this speculation, i cant wait for the next ep. And i think C.C. needs to added to the MOE list.

Jul 23, 2008 12:53 AM

Nov 2007
i'm so confused @_@;

man this is getting awesome~
Jul 23, 2008 1:09 AM
Jul 2018
blackfeather_58 said:
Charles' code is on his right hand; he showed it to Lelouch. I am assuming that's also where V.V had it.

Hmm, I forgot about that. It still think it's a rather mixed situation. I don't think C.C. wanted to make Lelouch suffer the immortality that she had to. I think her decision to confront Charles was partially out of that concern. The fact that Lelouch wanted to get rid of geass was also another concern that C.C. had to address before giving Lelouch her powers.

I also don't think that the fact we didn't see Lelouch's permanent geass in his left eye at the end of the episode despite the fact that he removed the contact lens during the time he spent within the realm of the Sword of Akasha means anything. Also, nothing would suggest that Lelouch suddenly obtained the power needed to inherit the powers of a contractor.
removed-userJul 23, 2008 1:27 AM
Jul 23, 2008 9:04 AM

May 2008
Brian333 said:
Ivalice3 said:
I figured it out!

Lelouche has the Code now. Whatever happened when He fired at the Sword of Akasha made C.C. lose her memories, and in thus, signifying her death whilst obtaining her life. (Maybe a power of the Sword of Akasha; I thought it had something to do with the images of clocks ticking and people dying/maoning)

Anyway to prove this, as many have already mentioned:

C.C. DOES NOT HAVE HER MARK OF CODE, HER BANGS WERE OPEN TO SHOW THIS
LELOUCHE'S BANGS WERE CLOSED, RIGHT WHERE THE CODE WOULD HAVE BEEN

*bows*

mmhmm <_<

So what of Charles? He took V.V.'s code and yet he doesn't have the geass mark across his forehead. It's also not like the mark of geass was always showing on V.V.'s forehead, either.

The truth is we won't know what happened this episode until some things are explained.

To clear things up for people, things we know from watching this episode:

1.) We know C.C.'s past now.

2.) The immortal contractors (V.V. and C.C.) give geass to people in an attempt to find a person who will take their place as a contractor and end their immortality.

3.) The way geass changes over time (like we saw with the mishap with Lelouch's geass involving Euphy) is a result of geass developing. After geass reaches the end of its development, the possessor of the geass replaces the contractor.

4.) The original deal between C.C. and Lelouch was this: In exchange for the power of the kings, Lelouch would eventually inherit C.C.'s immortality from her and take her place as an immortal contractor. What C.C. wanted was a release from her timeless suffering and the pain of countless years of pain, loss, and suffering.

5.) Charles inherited V.V.'s code. As a result, he's now immortal.

6.) Suzaku has come to the realization that his actions resembled Lelouch's.

Things we don't know but can speculate about now:

1.) The Sword of Akasha's use is still unknown. I was thinking that it was most likely a tool that allows the final transfer of immortality from the contractor to the contracted when the time has come. Charles has said that the Sword of Akasha is a weapon that is used to slay the gods. If we assume that the gods are C.C. and V.V. (and possibly not limited to them as we saw in C.C.'s various flash backs), it makes sense as he's effectively slaying them when they lose their immortality. This theory is effectively debunked by the fact that C.C.'s original contractor didn't need the Sword of Akasha to give her immortality to C.C.

2.) Contractors and Geass. Right now, we know when Charles replaced V.V., he lost his geass. So, we can assume that it was not Charles altering or erasing C.C.'s memories with his geass. We can assume it was something else. Also, if it was a result of geass, Orange's canceler would make it a rather pointless plot twist.

3.) Right now, we can't say for sure if C.C. has lost her abilities as a contractor. We also can't say anything definitive about what happens to other contracted geass users when their contractor is stripped of their role as a contractor. It would make sense that their geasses are effectively cancelled since their contracts are nullified. So, what happens to Rolo? And, if C.C. has indeed lost her abilities as a contractor, what would happen to Lelouch?

4.) Contrary to what has been said in this topic, we also don't know if Charles is indeed trapped within the realm of the Sword of Akasha.

I'd like to add that the Geass Possessor for the contract is not the only one that can fulfill it. I think it is understood that anyone who wields the geass of a certain level can free the contractor. Proven when C.C. explains to Lelouch her wish and then says that Charles has reached that level . Even though earlier in the season it was proven C.C. did not have a contract with Charles and did not give him his Geass.

Brian333 said:
blackfeather_58 said:
Charles' code is on his right hand; he showed it to Lelouch. I am assuming that's also where V.V had it.

Hmm, I forgot about that. It still think it's a rather mixed situation. I don't think C.C. wanted to make Lelouch suffer the immortality that she had to. I think her decision to confront Charles was partially out of that concern. The fact that Lelouch wanted to get rid of geass was also another concern that C.C. had to address before giving Lelouch her powers.

I also don't think that the fact we didn't see Lelouch's permanent geass in his left eye at the end of the episode despite the fact that he removed the contact lens during the time he spent within the realm of the Sword of Akasha means anything. Also, nothing would suggest that Lelouch suddenly obtained the power needed to inherit the powers of a contractor.

I agree that C.C. prolly did not want to put Lelouch through what she had been trough so thats why she intervened and approached Charles and acted like she was leaving Lelouch. This is Slightly Reminiscent of how she left Lelouch during the Mao incident to protect him. and I believe that Lelouch did not become a contractor and become immortal like Charles by taking C.C.'s place because if you pay attention to his words at the end he asks C.C. questions about the Sword of Akasha and How Charles is immortal. if he had become a contractor he would at least understand how Charles is immortal. so i believe C.C.'s memory loss is a result of a Half-ass job done by the emperor in taking her code not Lelouch taking it. Well that is what i deduced so far.
Jul 23, 2008 2:08 PM

Apr 2008
That was one badass episode.
I can't help but feel sorry for C.C. :(
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 23, 2008 5:17 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Is it just me or Karen doesn't appear in the new ED?
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jul 23, 2008 7:48 PM

Oct 2007
eh, i got a question about how did lulu geass the emperor? didnt lulu's research tell us that his geass needs "DIRECT" contact with the person's eye in order to work? reflection shouldnt make the geass work...just some random question that came up in my mind...other than that the ep is totally another CG craziness + entertainment(makes audience think)
Jul 23, 2008 7:58 PM
Jul 2018
Aspha said:
eh, i got a question about how did lulu geass the emperor? didnt lulu's research tell us that his geass needs "DIRECT" contact with the person's eye in order to work? reflection shouldnt make the geass work...just some random question that came up in my mind...other than that the ep is totally another CG craziness + entertainment(makes audience think)

I don't recall if it was ever researched to not work through reflection at an early point in the anime but
Jul 23, 2008 8:54 PM

Mar 2008
he did say it works through mirrors during his "research" session way back in R1

also, maybe, just maybe, C.C.'s memories "died", but herself as a being hasn't. So maybe, just maybe, either the Geass Possessor (Lelou) or the One That Fills The Contract (Charles) gains half of her powers.

If the former happens, playing field is somewhat balanced. If the latter...

Also, nice to see that Suzaku still holds to his last remnants of is personality. Kinda ironic when his golden words used to say:

"A goal achieved through the wrong methods is meaningless."
Jul 24, 2008 1:11 AM

Apr 2008
more confusing stuff
all i understood was:

charles took V.V's immortality
C.C's wish was to end her life
lulu stopped C.C out of care possibly affection <3
C.C lost her memories of lulu and everything that happened with him

i think this show needs to slow down a little, many people are getting lost just like me >_<
Kyon97Jul 24, 2008 1:19 AM
Jul 24, 2008 2:32 AM
May 2008
Well, this was quite an interesting episode. To me, it was a good sequence on war of words. One thing is that now Lelouch has to deal with an immortal Emperor Charles. That is certainly messed up. XD Also, it is good to learn some background information about C.C. on how she came to be and what is her purpose as a contracter for Geass? C.C. certainly is a very interesting character because she always seems to remain controversal as an character in Code Geass. Now the big question is can C.C. get her memories back?
Jul 24, 2008 3:47 AM
Jan 2008
One of the best episodes so far. 5/5
Jul 24, 2008 6:24 AM

Apr 2007
After this episode i`m more interested in Charles and he`s obsession with lies.Overall a really cool episode, i really like C.C `s moe upgrade.
Jul 24, 2008 10:51 AM

Jun 2008
How will Lelouch take down daddy Charles now, and I can only fear what an immortal Lelouch would be like.
Jul 24, 2008 12:28 PM
Jun 2008
True to pretty much every comment here, epic mindfuck.....

Though it was a great, if not one of the best, episodes ever =D.

So far i got about this much outta the ep (sorry bout all the spaces, trying to avoid WALL TEXT!!!!)

Off topic: Lol with C.C
Jul 24, 2008 3:12 PM

Jun 2008
C.C. - why the hell did that happen *smrc* ? That damm Suzaku, why the hell is he so obsessed with Lelouch? He is one really anoying bastard. *mad*

P.S. New opening and ending are bad.
Jul 24, 2008 5:54 PM

May 2008
hmm don't you wonder how Charles is still alive even tho he's soo dam fat?
Ep was pretty good.
Jul 24, 2008 9:07 PM

May 2008
Slayer12 said:
hmm don't you wonder how Charles is still alive even tho he's soo dam fat?
Ep was pretty good.

Charles isn't actually fat he's just big built notice that he doesn't actually have a belly
Jul 24, 2008 9:48 PM
Jul 2018
I think he just mistook his hairdo for rolls of neck fat.
Jul 24, 2008 10:31 PM

Feb 2008
geass has really gone deeeeeeeeeeeeep in few episodes, but at least I can see where it goes...or that's what I think.

well, episode 15 had a LOT of stuff going on, but what I most liked was that CC will be now mortal and, hence, moar fanservice. What I didn't like it's that Suzaku just changes his opinion like it was a matter of three seconds while thinking he was like Lelouch when he didn't refrain'd Kallen. He lost points as the antagonist there. Elseway, good episode, lot of stuff...lots.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum. They should really do their whining at manga forums."

Stolen from Janethan23. Add in visual novel readers too
Jul 25, 2008 8:24 AM

Mar 2008
I'm starting to think Kallen won't be rescued/attempted to be rescued until the season finale...leaving some massive plot twist ahead.
Jul 25, 2008 8:34 AM

May 2008
Thanatos said:
I'm starting to think Kallen won't be rescued/attempted to be rescued until the season finale...leaving some massive plot twist ahead.

I doubt that because she has always been an integral part of the Black Knight's forces i think Lelouch is just waiting for the right time to break her out.
Jul 25, 2008 8:52 PM
Jul 2018
I'm starting to heavily doubt this is going to have a third season. The way they've handled pacing as of late would really make it hard to believe they're planning for a continuation. Maybe a movie of some sort to close things up or an 1 hour special but not another season.

Ever since Zero has left Japan, even the more laid-back episodes have had a good deal of plot moving content spliced into them. These last 2-3 episodes have been packed so heavily with content that the pacing has really been pushed beyond easily understandable.

Quite frankly, I see no reason why they would push things this fast optionally. It's very obvious they're doing it because they have to.

At this point, there are 10 episodes left. Looking at the plot, that's really more than enough time to address the issues with Marianne, the remaining issues with Geass and contractors, and the war between Brittannia and Zero's forces.
Jul 25, 2008 10:26 PM

Apr 2008
Brian333 said:
I'm starting to heavily doubt this is going to have a third season. The way they've handled pacing as of late would really make it hard to believe they're planning for a continuation. Maybe a movie of some sort to close things up or an 1 hour special but not another season.

Ever since Zero has left Japan, even the more laid-back episodes have had a good deal of plot moving content spliced into them. These last 2-3 episodes have been packed so heavily with content that the pacing has really been pushed beyond easily understandable.

Quite frankly, I see no reason why they would push things this fast optionally. It's very obvious they're doing it because they have to.

At this point, there are 10 episodes left. Looking at the plot, that's really more than enough time to address the issues with Marianne, the remaining issues with Geass and contractors, and the war between Brittannia and Zero's forces.

Yea I'm thinking they can get most of the plot in...but im hoping for a movie or at least an OVA to look forward too after the seasons done =).
Jul 25, 2008 11:12 PM
Nov 2007
i thought if the emperor has become like v.v he cannot be geassed
Jul 25, 2008 11:34 PM

May 2008
Wuikiki said:
i thought if the emperor has become like v.v he cannot be geassed

Yep, he has taken V.V.'s code and become a Geass Contractor with Immortality and Immunity to Geasses
Jul 26, 2008 1:05 AM

Jan 2008
Ahh, noooo, C.C!! ;__;
Jul 26, 2008 9:57 AM

Mar 2008
Was nice to see some more backstory of C.C. However, her memory loss sucks :/
Jul 26, 2008 1:26 PM

Mar 2008
oh, C.C. please tell us your name <3
Jul 27, 2008 12:24 PM

May 2007
Damn awesome episode... The only flaw with is was no Anya! T_T
Jul 27, 2008 6:01 PM

Mar 2008
didn't undertand much of it...

it was an okay episode, but to many stuff were hurled at me for me to grasp it all

MAL list updates
Jul 30, 2008 7:52 AM
Mar 2008
I want old C.C. back :( Hope that Lenouch will do something to bring her memories back..
Jul 31, 2008 9:31 AM

Jan 2008
Memory loss. The bane of anime viewers' existence.

lol @ people hating on Suzaku, then Suzaku refusing to drug up Kallen and act like Lelouch.
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Aug 5, 2008 11:52 AM
Mar 2008
C.C is so cool, Villetta and Ohgi part was cool too.
Aug 12, 2008 2:52 PM

Feb 2008
SRSLY now... What is going on?
One surprising moment afte the other.
Aug 15, 2008 11:10 AM

Feb 2008
Holy crap! That was kind of hard to follow, so now CC lost her memory? Does that mean she's usless now? Has she forgotten how to fight? Because she's clearly lost her cause too.

But now that Charles is immortal, how is Lelouch supposed to beat him?

And when is someone finally going to kill Suzaku? He's getting on my last nerve....
Aug 26, 2008 5:22 PM

May 2008
Interesting.
Sep 21, 2008 12:34 PM

Mar 2008
Great episode, but kinda confusing. If CC is like, it's maybe because her wish was granted. But then who's the replacement ? Did Charles take this opportunity ?
Nov 19, 2008 2:53 PM

Nov 2008
omg, amazing episode... I really dont like things happen so fast now... A lot of mysteries. Will comment more after rewatch. Damn... Im so interested in next episode...

Dec 1, 2008 1:18 PM
Apr 2008
"Oh, I've also cleaned dead bodies before..." --the hell kind of childhood did you have, C.C? XD
Dec 7, 2008 10:13 AM

Jun 2008
woaaaaaaaaah best episode so far...but what an ending, C.C. got an amnesia? whyyyy! Lelouch go kiss her so that she remembers everythng
Feb 1, 2009 4:37 PM

Jul 2008
omg C.C lost her memories ahhhhhhh and Shirley still dead waaaah
Mar 8, 2009 6:36 PM

Jan 2009
WTF. I am so pissed, FINALLY when Lelouch realizes what he needs to do for once for a girl she loses her damn memory of everything that has to do with him and revert back to the old days when she was a slave girl. UGHHHHHHHHHHHH. I hate hate hate his father and his geass. So wait since V.V. died, the emperor is now immortal? If so, that was all Lelouch's fault. He should have left V.V. be, but C.C. should have said something. Wouldn't she have known?
This is frustratiing-_-
I'd like tossing your salad.-"Yuru"/MMMKD
DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM MOTHERFUCKER?-SophieWophie<3
Mar 8, 2009 8:48 PM
Sep 2008
I was pretty damn confused in this episode. It was okay.
Mar 10, 2009 10:00 PM

Mar 2008
Code Geass R2 Episode 15 (English Dub) was exciting, I got to see C2's past :D.

Unfortunately, Code Geass R2 Episode 16 (English Dub) won't be airing until May 2, 2009, *SIGH* :(.

My Anime List | My Video Game Collection

Discord ID: KidRyan89 | Telegram ID: KidRyan
Apr 9, 2009 12:56 AM

Jun 2008
V.V died.. he was pretty cool. :/ I'm glad Lulu talked C.C. out of dying but now she's lost her memories wth?
HEY!
Apr 30, 2009 9:40 AM

Jun 2008
woah.. thats a lot to take in... A WHOLE LOT!!! i'm still confused at some parts too!!!! anyway.. this is how i understood it...

i think... charles stole immortality from V.V. because there was a flashback about them promising each other on not lying and stuff and then they charles even said in that they wanted to slay the gods or something to rid the world of lies.. something like that.. so when he saw the V.V. lying, he stole the immortality from V.V., which, obviously was not consensual, since V.V. said while he was dying, that he wanted immortality, which made C.C. wonder and ask charles, why would you kill your brother that you loved so much? because of the lies i guess...

then we see C.C.'s past, finding out that the nun forced immortality on C.C. and C.C. as well wanted to end immortality, but i don't get the part about charles and C.C. sort of like about to kiss or something and then, lulu stepping in and then C.C. losing her memories... i was like.. huh!?!?? does anyone know?
veargApr 30, 2009 10:12 AM
May 2, 2009 11:08 PM

Mar 2009
Super Epic Episode! The move with the exploding mirrors was fantastic, and C2's past was cool, her geass is insane, that would be way too much too handle!! Let's see what Lelouche does w/the Moe C2...Urahara Out!!
Jul 17, 2009 11:46 AM

May 2009
Most interesting ep so far, so much being thrown at you throughout the entire episode. The CC flashback was pretty cool but wtf happened with her memory? To the next episode I go...

This Fairy Tale Is Ending
Sep 2, 2009 9:14 PM

Jan 2009
Mind fuck ep! So much information my brain might explode!

Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

yuzuko - Apr 20, 2008

239 by Delritos »»
Mar 29, 9:00 PM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Sep 28, 2008

1901 by DarkVoyagerx »»
Mar 25, 4:10 PM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Aug 17, 2008

435 by Dante9231 »»
Feb 21, 2:23 AM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

dtshyk - Jun 29, 2008

291 by Dante9231 »»
Feb 20, 2:21 AM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Sep 14, 2008

305 by Beatnik »»
Feb 17, 11:58 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.