Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 6, 2007 4:10 AM

Apr 2007
<strong>THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.</strong><br />----------------------------------------
<br /><br />Oh yeah, pure win. 2nd best anime of the spring season for me, Claymore being first. Awsome episode, loved the ending especially, i wonder what that means now? hrmmm... Just gotta wait till next ep ^^

Denno Coil is win. <3333
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 7, 2008 10:58 AM

Oct 2007
I love Daichi's scary face.

Aug 25, 2009 5:19 AM

Sep 2008
I feel like a lot happened in this episode. o_o And I'm bad with scary stuff... Michiko's laughter freaked me out. I was worried something really bad would actually happen to Haraken when he went into that room... And I want to know what's up with "4-4-2-3". D:
Oct 24, 2010 1:08 AM

Jun 2009
This is getting interesting, though I really have no idea wtf is going on.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jan 13, 2011 6:48 AM

Mar 2008
It's getting really creepy, and so much mystery, I really like it!
Apr 29, 2011 3:48 PM

Oct 2009
Things are really getting good.

I wonder what Isako did to herself...and with her headaches, and that biker chick seeing something on her head a few eps ago, I'm starting to think she has a brain tumor or something like that.
Oct 20, 2011 6:14 AM

Feb 2011
great episode

scary stories are so fun ^_^ and on an anthropological point of view are also interesting xD

about the headaches isako wasn't the only one to have them in past episodes, haraken and denpa reacted too
so, or all of them have head tumors/problems o_o
or it's something related to their personal virtual space(there was a more fitting name...) and something they've installed on their glasses, or something theygot contact to

for me it's something like they got a virus infection and they aren't fully aware of that
isako is always messing with illegals, haraken is researching them so some contact may have happened, denpa is always listening to the metabugs sounds so maybe he got something from one of those

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Dec 31, 2011 7:07 PM

Sep 2010
Lol at Satchii at the end. Just like in a horror movie!
Aug 3, 2012 4:12 PM

Oct 2010
I knew the metabugs were supernatural, called it. :D Also, I wonder what's up with 4423, since Yuko also heard it as well in her dreams. Interesting so far.
Jun 21, 2013 6:22 PM

Aug 2012
Although I'm still a bit confused over the unique subtleties of the world..

I can't help but fall in love with the characters of the show. The youthful interactions are so realistically portrayed and the comedic insertions are genius.

I can tell the series is hinting at something more 'mature' despite having such a 'childish' vibe to it, but I know for sure that you rarely see such sophistication and detail inputted into a show these days. Hopefully we get to understand a bit more clearly what is exactly going on though!
Aug 26, 2013 6:46 AM
Apr 2012
y30y430i said:
Although I'm still a bit confused over the unique subtleties of the world..

I can't help but fall in love with the characters of the show. The youthful interactions are so realistically portrayed and the comedic insertions are genius.

I can tell the series is hinting at something more 'mature' despite having such a 'childish' vibe to it, but I know for sure that you rarely see such sophistication and detail inputted into a show these days. Hopefully we get to understand a bit more clearly what is exactly going on though!

^
Totally agree with you.

So many things happened in this episode. Freaky deaky stuff too. I would totally crap my pants if i ever saw a bright blue laughing girl run pass me at night. And that satchi at the end lol.

But that duel seemed like fun. Them flashes every where. I like how there's a clear distinction between the powers used by both groups (Fumie's blue and Daichi's orange)
Feb 23, 2014 7:18 PM

May 2012
Oh wow that ending <3 This is really getting good!
Oct 12, 2014 5:14 AM

Aug 2013
Ugh so now that Isako is more powerful, is she going to be a bigger bitch too?
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Nov 17, 2014 2:58 PM

Jan 2013
I loved this one, because it started out as whimsical, then became a huge OMG moment. This is the event horizon. I cannot quit now.

These are my dragons. You can help raise them by clicking on them!
Nov 25, 2014 10:32 PM
Aug 2011
I wonder if 2-3 at the end of 4-4-2-3 refers to nii-san. From what i recall, it said it was yasako's brother.
Jan 8, 2015 1:44 PM

Feb 2010
Adramelech said:
I wonder if 2-3 at the end of 4-4-2-3 refers to nii-san. From what i recall, it said it was yasako's brother.

if 23 = niisan, 4 might mean death(shi = 4 or death), 44 might mean corpse(死屍 - shishi)... so... "corpse of your brother"?
I wonder if we are close to the truth
Jul 18, 2015 8:41 PM

Jun 2014
lol Uchikune-sensei is a major pervert.

Yasako heard "4423" from her dead brother; Haraken heard "4423" from his dead sister, and talked to her on that phone after dialing 4423.

After hearing "Michie-san" several times, we finally know who that is. Surely that is connected the 4423 business since Isako fused with Michie-san right after Haraken talked to Kanna.

I guess we'll figure out what Kanna's directions will lead to soon.
May 24, 2017 6:08 AM

Jul 2008
9 episodes in and yeah I'm still going WTF. Just what are these illegals and they become keyhole tattoos? Is this Kingdom Hearts IRL?
May 11, 2018 2:38 PM

Nov 2016
Drunken sensei,tho xD

Started unenventful,but turned out to be another fascinating episode.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 27, 2019 4:33 PM
Aug 2018
I still don't understand what's up with the red robot things. Why would she let it into the school when she should know that this thing also attacks pets and even children?

Jan 3, 2021 1:19 PM

Jun 2020
i think the plot is super convoluted unless i’m not scrutinizing it enough. none of the kids really have prioritized an “aim”, it’s difficult to understand where the story is going. a lot of words are being thrown around with minimal explanation. i hope the lore is explained as the series progresses because it really is enticing and interesting
Aug 10, 2021 7:10 AM

Jul 2017
So many elements to ponder, ones standing out the most were regarding the 4423 and what exactly happened at the end with Isako wanting to voluntarily have Michiko be fused to her body and what's the reasons for that. This little camp session for the club's going pretty haywire now.
Apr 4, 2022 11:13 PM

Feb 2021
I think I'm as clueless as Yasako as to what the fuck is going on rn
Jun 12, 2022 5:17 PM

Jan 2010
The story of Miss Michiko sounds a lot like various "spirited away" folktales, such as The Tongue-Cut Sparrow or Urashima Tarō. Again, it's interesting to see new styles of myths and legends using modern technology as a base. It reminds me of how things like The Ring could only exist after the invention of television and recording technology.
Oct 1, 2022 8:32 PM

Jan 2020
A good episode to watch for Spooktober, and drunk Maiko is one of the better things to happen in this series, so far.

Other than that, I feel like Michiko must have a significant role in the series going forward. Her name has been brought up numerous times, there are rumors and stories about her that the characters are fearful of, and then, most importantly, Yuko appears to have absorbed her into her own body. Are we finally moving into the more supernatural and horror filled sections of the show?

All that being said, it does seem like things are being said just for the sake of saying them. It doesn't feel like we're necessarily building towards any larger, overarching arc either. Especially since a good chuck of each episode isn't particularly relevant information to the story as whole. I found myself struggling to stay entirely focused on this episode, and not fully grasping some of what was being said. Though, part of that could be that all these episodes are rather long, and slow. So, binging them might just be wearing me down.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Jan 15, 2023 11:40 PM

Jan 2014
im so confused O.o

More topics from this board

Poll: » Denno Coil Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Zel - Dec 8, 2007

138 by Ratris_Decision »»
Apr 16, 2:24 AM

Poll: » Denno Coil Episode 23 Discussion

_edge_ - Nov 29, 2007

31 by Ratris_Decision »»
Apr 15, 2:40 AM

Poll: » Denno Coil Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kimura - Oct 30, 2007

62 by Ratris_Decision »»
Apr 13, 1:49 AM

Poll: » Denno Coil Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

MasterChief - Aug 10, 2007

106 by Ratris_Decision »»
Apr 11, 2:07 AM

Poll: » Denno Coil Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Siing - May 17, 2007

60 by Slice-of-sky »»
Jul 6, 2023 2:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.