Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jan 24, 2016 9:40 PM

Jan 2013
Just about perfect ending to the season. 9/10
Jan 25, 2016 10:07 AM

Nov 2012
Good series...just good,expected better tbh.

7/10,a good score for normal shows coming from me,but for this show that I went into with a higher standard this was kinda disappointing (still a good show though).
Feb 17, 2016 11:03 AM

Jan 2016
Wow Great episode and a Great ending for a fantastic series.
Ippo is finally the Champ!
i didn't like the first few arcs but the later arcs were just phenomenal
Definitely one of the greatest sports anime of all time
9/10
ON TO THE NEXT ONE

kittyn said:
Great show. 9/10 cuz parts of it were too boring for me

i agree, especially during that east japan rookie king tournament arc.
Mr_ShnbFeb 24, 2016 7:05 PM
Mar 18, 2016 3:45 PM

Aug 2013
Great end to a grat series. 9/10 cause some of the training got repetitive, and some of the fights earlier on were pretty boring. Other than that though insanely good.

So, Ippo's the Japanese champ now. Wonder where he'll go from here
Jul 11, 2016 9:13 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Grandeoos finale, best fight was left for the ending, dammm!!! After a break I need to see what is in store next for sure!
10/10
Oct 30, 2016 1:22 AM

Apr 2014
Best anime series I've seen in a while. Danke, Hajime no Ippo.
8/10.
May 7, 2017 6:02 PM

May 2014
So sick! I'm glad there's 2 more series', I would not have been satisfied with this much alone. I usually don't enjoy longer shows that much, but I'm so excited for more Ippo. It's a brilliant freaking series. This is how shonen should be done - great fights AND great characters.

Aaron said:
nice anime but i wish it was a bit more unpredictable in the first 35 episodes or so (apart from the miyata loss)

Agreed, which is why I might leave it at a 9/10 instead of 10/10. Not sure though, the awesome stretch at the end might outweigh/excuse the predictable early episodes.
~ The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
May 11, 2017 11:52 AM

May 2016
Best fight ever. 9/10
May 15, 2017 9:35 AM

Jan 2013
This was a very satisfying ending to me. Couldn't be better.

Overall it's a good series, but the only thing bothering me is Ippo's character. No matter how you cut it, it's just not fit to be a boxer. Unless he develops which Im sure he will anyway, having a wimp champion is ehh for my tastes.

That aside, Imma give this a solid 8.
Jun 5, 2017 12:04 PM

Mar 2013
The anime was just outstanding.
No matter how eloquently I try to write about anime, it stills feels injustice to grasp it from the writing than actually experiencing it yourself.

Hajime no Ippo was truly phenomenal. The characters were all distinct and likable. And the fact that our main comedy trio, despite fooling around most of the time, supporting each other when it really counts is what makes you admire their bonds.

One thing that I absolute love about anime was how it tries to characterize Ippo's rivals from throughout the start of the journey to right until the ending. Everyone has their own goals, aspirations and everyone is determined to achieve them.

The action was good. And I swear some of the matches Ippo fought so far could be taken as the finale of the anime lol. And to maintain that intensity consistently while delivering one notch higher action every time was what anime seriously good at. I just have way too many favorite fights in it! haha

I wasn't expecting it but damn, the humor in anime is just too damn fine. It has been a while I enjoyed the comedy this much XD
The way anime incorporates the OST at perfect and emotional times was well handled.

When Ippo finally wins the belt and the first ED kicks in, it couldn't get any more emotional and you realize how far you've come with Ippo :')

10/10
Oct 21, 2017 8:58 AM

Jul 2015
I teared up there, holy shit that was amazing.
Oct 24, 2017 6:53 PM

Apr 2014
if i had to sum up this anime: courage...determination....and....penis jokes

anyways, a very solid sports anime overall. it was a bit too predictable for my taste apart for maybe when Miyata lost and broke down. i guess it was also unpredictable in a sense that Ippo won too many times, when he should have lost. i always like a loss here and there in sports anime, but the constant wins in this anime weren't too bad

one thing that really bothered me is the fact that Miyata was introduced as his main rival and even had his own character arc, but he still hasn't had a real match with Ippo. he even suffers through his diet to stay in the same weight class when he should honestly be in the one above it. and also the fact that Volg disappeared so quickly when he honestly had the most potential imo

another small thing, his mom never watched his match a single time. it's just strange to me i guess

but the enjoyment aspect of this anime was definitely 10/10 most of the time. i have to applaud how great the soundtrack was, it fit the mood of boxing so perfectly

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 15, 2017 5:47 PM

Jun 2015
Finished the season last week, dem feels!!!! This episode was perfect, from the start to the end.
I really enjoyed HnI a lot. There wasn't a single episode that I found boring, they were all amazing and very entertaining. It definitely went to my favs, probably is the top anime I've seen (not counting mangas). Not really a fan of boxing unlike Slam Dunk (bball) which I already knew I would probably like, so HnI really surprised me big time and made this ride frenetic, and made me appreciate this sport and feel what a possible life & career of a boxer can be like. Probably one of the most tough sports to ever live for in all senses.
I can't believe the manga is still on going and with 1000+ chapters so I was really happy when I saw that. I don't know what's next to come but holy shit this is pure epicness.
There is so many likeable characters, from the Kamogawa quarteto (love their comradery and relationship, many times sharpy because of Takamura's cruelty in the good sense), to the trainers, Miyata and several of their rivals like Sendo, Volg and Mashiba. This is really a great product that I would recommend anyone to watch.
Soundtrack is great, animation is great, the humour is hilarious and I love the drawing style and design.

Congralutions for the belt Ippo, can't believe how far he has come and how much hard work he's put on for more than 2 years to get through all the difficulties.
A perfect 10/10. Thanks for your creation George Morikawa.
Feb 4, 2018 1:17 AM

Jul 2016
AMAZING ENDING TOO A EVEN MORE AMAZING ANIME!
That episode was amazing. I really hope Sendo returns at one point.
His role in this season felt just as big a Ippo's. In fact he developed more by the end.

Also that last barrage of punch that toke down Sendo was an amazing showcase of all Ippo has learned

Honestly I don't know what else to say. This was easily one of the best episodes in not only Hajime no Ippo, but in all of anime!
Mar 14, 2018 2:42 PM

Oct 2015
Makonouchi fought well but I can't take away Sendo's spirit and desire to be strong. I have lots of respect for Rocky, his defeats don't feel like one even though he broke 2 ribs in this one and became unconscious in the previous.

I think Ippo really deserved this title especially since he lost to Date and pulled himself together. I hope things go well between him and Kumi, but he must watch out for that vampire oniichan Mashiba. But I really wanted Ippo to face Miyata ( his rival) or Date( revenge) in the final ep, but nonetheless it was an epic match.

Overall I loved this series and think it's a masterpiece, with every match captivating and can't help wanting for Ippo to win badly. I loved the humor also with Takamura, Aoki and Kimura killing it with their witty comedy. I love how the series develops each character, even if you are ippo's opponent you were given room to tell your part on why you fight. Takamura was my fav, and the match that I enjoyed was between Ippo and Vorg.

10/10. Its been so long since I've seen a 10.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Aug 9, 2018 12:08 PM
Dec 2014
7/10 because the fights start good then start to drag on with Will Power bullsh*t I enjoyed more the comedy of the anime then the fights themselves.
Aug 16, 2018 3:53 AM

Mar 2017
And thus concludes an epic season of Hajime no Ippo! At the time of writing this, I am somewhere at the beginning of season 3. My favorite will still remain this first season, it can create hype like no other and is just a really damn good comedy as well. Such an emotional rollercoaster!

Ippo deserved to win, and he really grew. A little bit as a character, and A LOT as a boxer. But the series wouldn't be as great as it is without its amazing supporting characters. I love the sheer badassery of Takamura, or the hilarious antics of Aoki. They're great!

To everyone who reads this: Don't forget to watch the "special" episode 76! It's a pretty solid Takamura episode.

9/10 - I loved it to bits, but it had some issues with excessive flashbacks, the "sheer willpower" wins the day cliches, and some stuff that went nowhere and is unresolved. Still, it's one of my absolute favorites!
Aug 16, 2018 11:53 AM

Dec 2014
just finished this episode and im speechless
truely a great anime made by blood boil in every match
all the matches were fantastic especially ippo vs sendo and of course ippo vs dante was great
that gazelle punch while being in the corner never would have seen it coming

ill be continuing this series alright
Send me Friend requests!!!!
Nov 18, 2018 11:57 PM

May 2013
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy birthday, Ippo :D

A shiny new belt.
Best present ever lol X)

10/10
Nov 22, 2018 7:49 AM

Oct 2012
Ippo's last punch is so powerful, Sendo looks like he bounced off the ground.. or maybe he did

"Let's meet again, Makunoichi"
Kyaaaa, fujoshi united! xD
"In ring of course"
D'awwww :(

But Sendo and his broken ribs?
He just went home like nothing happened??

Probably best birthday ever for Ippo
Kinda sad not everyone is at Ippo's birthday
"Signature removed"
Feb 7, 2019 5:44 AM

Jan 2011
I'm glad they didn't drag all the fights, including preparations for too long
which made the show action-packed. If they did this show like the Naruto format
this could have easily made 300+eps. I'm sure glad they didn't!
10/10
Apr 10, 2019 12:49 PM

Aug 2013
Best episode ever.

From being bullied to being the champion, it was nice seeing Ippo's growth.

10/10

May 10, 2019 5:37 AM
Jan 2015
Godamnn that was a goood episode. Definitely loved this series.
Jun 16, 2019 4:50 AM

Jul 2015
Dam that scene where Ippo used all three of his best moves against Sendo was just perfectly executed with the ost and all.

Ippo has changed a lot those 2 years, from a weak bullied kid to the japanese featherweight champion.

Jan 31, 2020 1:07 PM

Apr 2016
Amazing! There’s nothing else to say. It became one of my favorite series, after Ashita no Joe this is the best Spokon out there.
Mar 3, 2020 9:10 AM

May 2015
It was fun to watch this stuff. Very solid 9, close to 10.

Good job Ippo.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Apr 12, 2020 7:08 AM

May 2016
We've been with Ippo ever since the beginning of his journey to greatness and he has finally become the Strongest Man in Japan with his own skills and resolve. He really did finish it all by combining everything he knew and I'm so damn proud of him!

Sendo also put up a fight unlike any other and it's great that his love for boxing have not faltered even after losing to his greatest rival twice. Ippo better turn in his title at the right time or he'll have to claw it out from Sendo's hands in a match to the death once again soon lmao

Awesome series! I can't wait to see him strive for better heights but it'd be awesome if he has the free time to celebrate his victory and let his new status as champion sink in within him.

Apr 20, 2020 7:32 AM

Nov 2018
Solid ending of solid season of solid anime =)
I hate everyone equally
Jun 9, 2020 10:40 PM

Jun 2020
Incredible ending, and his birthday was shown in the credits. The only thing left was to give the autograph to Kumi
Sometimes otakus are rejected by society, so I discovered that it is much better to be an
otaku in secret.
Jun 13, 2020 5:24 AM

Jun 2016
BRUH YOUR RIBS ARE GONE YOU KNOW THAT

This is such an amazing ending to this anime... what does it mean to be strong? I love how the author set up these two together. Ippo who had courage and strength within himself to hold his ground, and Sendo who had physical strength and drive to win. Very similar, but also very different.

When I was watching that part, I was like wow, they're both looking for the answer to what it means to be strong while they both have the answers within each other. Sendo is looking for the strength of someone who stands up for others (like his dad maybe) and Ippo is looking for the strength of someone who can defeat his enemies (like Takamura). By now they've already achieved what they've wanted... idek what i'm talking about lol

The question what does it mean to be strong is a very interesting question to me because there are many different answers to it. Uh anyway, its a shame we didn't get to see the Ippo/Miyata fight, but I guess we got a great build-up to the Sendo fight instead.

This anime probably tops all the anime I've watched until now😔👏👏
MinervusrenJun 13, 2020 2:05 PM
Jun 22, 2020 8:32 PM

Nov 2018
Finally worth the wait for Ippo to become champion. This is probably in my top 3 all time favorite sports series.

My current goal is to revamp all the character details for High School DxD and have all the characters included in the DB.
MAL Badges is back bitches! Check the club for more info
Please show your love for my Kiss x Sis manga review here. It will only take you 2 minutes of your time 🙏🙏
Jul 23, 2020 3:24 AM

Feb 2019
All end that's end well Makunoichi Ippo for the win, Sendo really did well hanging in there he has my respect, it was indeed a BEST MATCH EVER the anime was amazing too. GG
Nov 10, 2020 4:13 PM

Mar 2018
Plot armor: The anime.
Nov 21, 2020 11:26 PM

Jul 2020
Deserving of a 10/10! Can't wait to see Ippo and the rest of the guys at the Kamogawa Gym strive for success!

Hajime no Ippo has dethroned Haikyuu for me :)
Jan 2, 2021 9:27 AM

Nov 2016
That triple combo killed it. Amazing victory and conclusion to this season. Ippo grew up to be quite a strong man and it was satisfying to accompany him on his journey and Sendo was an ideal opponent, his backstory and when he faced his fans got me emotional as well.

A bit of a shame that we didn't get to see the party, but nonetheless an all around enjoyable watch, no matter how many times I revisit this series.

10/10 favorite anime

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 23, 2021 10:33 PM
Dec 2015
Amazing, a worthy anime for my 200th show.

Apr 2, 2021 8:45 AM

Feb 2014
ahhh sooo goood!! that was actually brilliant! damn, can't believe i've re-watched this anime for the 3rd time haha! what a match, i love sendo though, i can't wait to see more of him, i really want more of hajime no ippo animated!
If you don't like me, acquire some taste
May 22, 2021 2:59 AM
Apr 2020
10/10 no doubt. The best fight ended in the best way possible. I can't ask for anything else. This anime was absolutely mind blowing.
"Who am I ? Where do I come from ? Where am I going ? That's all I want to think about"
-Saikawa Sohei
Aug 10, 2021 9:49 PM

Aug 2018
Amazing! Ippo now has the belt! Now its Takamura's turn to go for the world belt!!! Hell yeah!

Oct 28, 2021 1:09 AM

Dec 2007
couldn't put my big smile until they gave ippo the belt :D
really loved that ippo used his dumpsy roll as last attack, everytime he's using it my heart literally stop beating, amazing win and end!

lol at the parry, ippo doesn't know how to sing xD

----
so this is the end for the first and might just i say the "main" anime of hajime no ippo, it truly let us know the rise of ippo for the championship and his grew over boxing.
great adoption of madhouse, good animation, OST and songs. there's really nothing to complain on.
there were only 2 "filler" episode in the name of recap, which thoguh annoying watching in marathoning the series, but really not as annoying in other sport anime who have much more fillers.
10/10
Nov 2, 2021 12:13 AM

Jun 2020
An epic conclusion to an epic fight. And with this the show ends. Hands down one of the greatest anime of all times. This show is a prime example of how you can achieve greatness without doing anything unique or different. 10/10.
Nov 3, 2021 12:36 AM

Jul 2020
Holy shit what a ride almost every damn episode was entertaining specially this one. What a show
Aug 16, 2022 8:53 AM
Nov 2020
amazing episode tbh good ending for the first season.
Sep 2, 2022 1:10 AM
May 2021
what a finale man, loved it
Sep 26, 2022 9:46 PM
Oct 2020
It almost made me cry. Ippo came such a long way until this point. Really looking forward to catch up to the manga.
Dec 13, 2022 7:07 PM

Sep 2022
SMASH VS. DEMPSEY ROLL.... JEEZ THIS IS GONNA BE GOOD.
YIIIIIKES WHEN IPPO HIT SENDOS RIB AGAIN OMGOMGOMG

This is the most brutal fight in the the show and a HELL OF A WAY to end the series.
Ippo reigns victorious. Congratulations, Ippo, you've earned this!
I really did not think Sendo was coming back after that knockout 😂😂

Ippo has became an absolute beast from beginning to end of this show.
I can't imagine how much further he has trained.....

BOY I WISH THEY WENT ON WITH THIS SERIES.
I might have to start reading the manga ngl.

ElBrowns said:
It almost made me cry. Ippo came such a long way until this point. Really looking forward to catch up to the manga.

Let me know if you did and if it's worth it! :)
Dec 20, 2022 1:50 PM
Jul 2022
OMFGGG I LOVED THIS. CANTS STOP ROLLING
Jan 9, 2023 6:30 PM

Apr 2022
what a fight! ippo is finally the champion!! and OP1 playing at the end was so perfect.

ippo really grew from a boy to a man.

10/10, my new top 1 sports anime and top 5 favourites, thank you hajime no ippo. will definitely rewatch in the future.
Jan 11, 2023 9:09 PM
Dec 2022
A good anime.Gonna watch the second season

Jan 12, 2023 3:47 AM
Dec 2022
Great anime, it really worth watching it
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hajime no Ippo Episode 10 Discussion

notestinet - Aug 27, 2008

39 by PlasticRobot »»
Apr 12, 9:42 PM

Poll: » Hajime no Ippo Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

55 by PlasticRobot »»
Apr 11, 9:30 PM

Poll: » Hajime no Ippo Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

59 by PlasticRobot »»
Apr 11, 8:46 PM

Poll: » Hajime no Ippo Episode 42 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Zerachroma - Jul 15, 2008

69 by KiritoCR7 »»
Apr 10, 12:28 PM

Poll: » Hajime no Ippo Episode 41 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Zerachroma - Jul 15, 2008

57 by KiritoCR7 »»
Apr 10, 12:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.