Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sailor Moon Eternal Edition
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 1, 2011 9:48 PM
Feb 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Nice episode.
Jan 30, 2012 3:11 PM

Jun 2010
The "how do you know I'm Usagi" thing would work better if they ever explained why people can't recognize the girls when they're in their costumes unless they see the transformation. Usagi particularly is highly recognizable due to her hairstyle, not to mention being blonde and blue-eyed in Japan.
Feb 11, 2014 1:29 PM
Mar 2013
This episode was over the top. So many monsters in one episode O.o Made me think a war was going on which is technically true.

If the doctor had all of these monsters in back-up he could've used them to easily crush and destroy the sailor scouts a long time ago. They'd have been much better than the Witches 5 after Eudial.

Overall it was a good episode. I liked Hotaru/Sovereign of Silence's awakened form, but I hate her english dub voice.
Mar 28, 2014 10:44 PM
Aug 2013
Pluto T_T If she's died I'll be so sad
May 8, 2014 1:00 AM

Jul 2008
Everyone got their butts handed to them. How much worse will it get before it gets better.
Apr 19, 2016 8:53 PM
Apr 2015
The Inners did a good job fighting those Daimons, but there was just too many.
May 28, 2016 7:18 AM
Apr 2015
@Fronzel

There is an interesting fan theory to the whole identity thing that I found here: http://www.sailorenergy.net/SMMiniMangas/InfoTheorySSIdentities.jpg
Jul 3, 2017 12:04 AM
Jul 2013
that fan theory above is interesting. i'd say that's the closest explanation we would ever get regarding the senshi's hidden civilian identities when transformed.

i love mistress nine's design, even all that obnoxiously long hair she has trailing along the floor, lol. the start of the episode was a little far-fetched. all those daimon, but no real battle. they made it seem it was going to be difficult.
Jul 18, 2017 5:33 AM
Nov 2015
I love the expanding HEART ATTACK.

And 4 Soldiers acting as 4 priestesses erecting a barrier against the expanding Daimohn sphere.
Sean_NessmanJul 18, 2017 5:39 AM
Jul 20, 2017 9:06 PM

Apr 2010
I hate mistress 9's laugh (I'm watching it subbed).

Feb 19, 2018 8:43 AM
Aug 2014
Didn't expect Usagi to catch on to mistress 9's plan.
Aug 9, 2018 3:13 PM

Aug 2007
I really like Professor Tomoe, despite the fact he wants "evil to run supreme" is due to him being possessed by Germatoid.

Compared to the original and R, I always particularly like S as a whole.

Nov 10, 2018 1:40 AM

Mar 2017
Despite how silly and lighthearted the series often is, I LOVE how serious and dark it always gets towards the end of a season. That onslaught of enemies was epic, and how Sailor Moon was abducted was pretty brutal. And then there's a freaking exploding helicopter! And Sailor Pluto finally shows how badass and powerful she really can be.

The weird Damoin creatures of the doctor reminded me of a certain enemy in Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. Those who have seen it should know what I am referring to. They are pretty creepy, both here and in FMA:B I mean! And now Uranus even got a shiny scimitar as her weapon? She really is the coolest sailor senshi, even if she can be annoying with how emo she is. But I wouldn't wanna mess with her.

I couldn't help but laugh at the "How did you know I was Usagi?" line. I mean, it's dumb that they don't see through these disguises to begin with, but it is really hilarious when it actually becomes a plot point. It really shines light on how silly it is that wearing a tiara makes one look completely different apparently. Even though Pharaoh 90 is just another "evil entity from outer space" like the others, the whole premise feels a lot more interesting this time around. Probably because they went with the science approach, and showed these nebulae and everything, it makes it really seem like a "cosmic horror" for once instead of just a random asshole from space.

This final act is really exciting and interesting so far, I like it a lot!
Jun 11, 2019 9:56 AM
Jun 2016
"But I still cannot allow obstructions to enter." Well, if Kaorinite was kept alive she could have been helping y'all with that. Ok, thinking about it, they have Daimohns so never mind.

I was cheering for Usagi not to fall trap into that "Hotaru's" lies. So glad she wasn't fooled. Like, the show kind of does set you up into thinking she might be fooled considering the Outer Senshi keeps on saying that their inner counterparts are too idealistic.
Jun 11, 2019 11:52 AM
Jun 2016
cptlee39 said:
I couldn't help but laugh at the "How did you know I was Usagi?" line. I mean, it's dumb that they don't see through these disguises to begin with, but it is really hilarious when it actually becomes a plot point. It really shines light on how silly it is that wearing a tiara makes one look completely different apparently.

Someone has posted a comic that answers that question in this forum post already. You could just say that they're just using magic to alter the minds of people so that they can't see through the disguise or something. It's pretty feasible. Even without seeing this fan explanation, I would have thought of it. It's kind of natural. But yeah, I understand if you're a bit skeptical about that explanation. I mean, the characters don't mention anything about magic ensuring that they won't get recognized.
Jun 18, 2020 2:51 AM

May 2012
Mat2468xk said:
Someone has posted a comic that answers that question in this forum post already. You could just say that they're just using magic to alter the minds of people so that they can't see through the disguise or something. It's pretty feasible. Even without seeing this fan explanation, I would have thought of it. It's kind of natural. But yeah, I understand if you're a bit skeptical about that explanation. I mean, the characters don't mention anything about magic ensuring that they won't get recognized.

I think most peoples' issue is that they never bother addressing it despite the fact they could so easily handwave it away. It really is completely bizarre that they use it as a plot point but still never bother addressing it.
Jun 18, 2020 11:19 AM
Jun 2016
Alice3173 said:
Mat2468xk said:

I think most peoples' issue is that they never bother addressing it despite the fact they could so easily handwave it away. It really is completely bizarre that they use it as a plot point but still never bother addressing it.

Yeah, to be fair that's my issue in most magical girls (or any show with a transformation/disguise). I think it would be better if there's at least one moment where they explain how their disguises work. At least that would lessen the people joking about how people don't recognize Usagi.
Jan 19, 2023 1:03 AM

Mar 2020
Germatoid went out like a bitch. So only Usagi and two of the outers will fight in the final battle? Judging by the preview, Saturn will awake next episode, so that will be cool to see.

Oct 24, 2023 2:54 PM

Feb 2020
Ooh felt like a great episode here hoho Pluto is kaput!! (probably not for long given the show)
wondering how sailor moon is gonna go against big bad mistress with neptune and uranus there...

Dec 28, 2023 9:47 AM
Jan 2018
It's like I'm watching a completely different anime. That or this is just how the manga is. Either way, excellent animation and music combined with an actual important death make this episode stand tall amongst its brethren. Of course, Pluto's death could be retconned, but for this moment, her sacrifice means something.

I guess what made this episode great was the Senshi acting like season 3 heroes. After all those power ups, they need a proper challenge in order for them to fight "seriously."

The the thing about Usagi having her momentary flash of intelligence is that most people in the Sailor Moon universe are dumb. There's no other real reason why they can get away with their "disguises" so freely. Therefore, anybody that acts intelligent is automatically a red flag. That and plot armor usually kills off or disappears anyone who learns the Senshis secret identity. Is this premise dumb? Absolutely! Does this anime really care tho? Not really.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sailor Moon S Episode 13 Discussion

Kleferi - Sep 20, 2009

30 by Yes_that »»
Mar 24, 1:30 PM

Poll: » Sailor Moon S Episode 3 Discussion

Bwaffles - Feb 16, 2009

35 by Yes_that »»
Feb 20, 6:05 PM

Poll: » Sailor Moon S Episode 37 Discussion

ChrisNP - Oct 1, 2011

23 by MFDOOMED »»
Dec 28, 2023 12:16 PM

Poll: » Sailor Moon S Episode 36 Discussion

ChrisNP - Oct 1, 2011

25 by MFDOOMED »»
Dec 28, 2023 11:23 AM

Poll: » Sailor Moon S Episode 34 Discussion

Kleferi - Sep 22, 2009

20 by MFDOOMED »»
Dec 28, 2023 9:09 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.