Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 1 Discussion

Nov 27, 2016 7:27 AM
I only recently finished the 1999 series & OVAs but I like this so far, some problems I have would definitely have to be that it moves way too fast and skips some really important world building and character introduction in the process. Is this closer to what the manga was like?

Animation and music were great but that ending theme erm...I mean don't get me wrong I don't hate it but it didn't feel like HxH to me, it'll probably grow on me in a few episodes though.

Dec 2, 2016 2:09 PM

Great episode. Really sucks you up into watching more ^^

Dec 20, 2016 9:50 AM

DekuHero said:
I only recently finished the 1999 series & OVAs but I like this so far, some problems I have would definitely have to be that it moves way too fast and skips some really important world building and character introduction in the process. Is this closer to what the manga was like?

Animation and music were great but that ending theme erm...I mean don't get me wrong I don't hate it but it didn't feel like HxH to me, it'll probably grow on me in a few episodes though.

I just finished the old series. My first impression of this is also that it moves waaay too fast.
"The weak get washed away by the tides of fate...The strong drink it up."-Godot

Jan 2, 2017 8:12 AM

I say its a pretty great start

Mar 20, 2017 1:28 PM

Wow, this first episode was... not good. I was expecting more, but that was a rather boring tasteless start. Let's see what the rest of this journey brings.

300th forum post of awesome.

Jun 4, 2017 7:45 PM

I wonder what Mito-san is to Gon.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."

Jun 5, 2017 4:53 AM
joe_g7 said:
I wonder what Mito-san is to Gon.
Wondering the samee thing

Jun 24, 2017 1:29 PM

This was super duper pace I hope they slow down, I still think the old one was better let's see if I change my mind cause a lot of people were like this.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Sep 25, 2017 12:11 PM

Holy shit, this is really impressive. Gon seems like a really cool guy, Kurapika and Leorio, too. For some reason I predicted that Leorio was going to say "money!", that was a bit funny.

Also, Fear, and Loathing in Las Vegas ED FTW!

Dec 7, 2017 8:35 PM

Aside from skipping the moment when on met with Kite... This version is a significant improvement from HxH 1999!!! Looking forward to have a good time watching this (Which was animated by MADHOUSE!)

After watching HxH 1999 + HxH OVA + HxH OVA GI + HxH OVA GI Final... I finally reached HxH 2011. This will be epic...
OwO

Dec 24, 2017 5:09 PM

Ah hell yeah! Let's go off on an adventure and catch some pokemons....Oops wrong show.

Anyways, this episode started off with strong hook. Gon is the typical shounen protagonist that is determined to achieve his goal.

And so the legend begins!

5/5

Feb 12, 2018 1:01 PM

5/5 for the 1st episode

Apr 11, 2018 2:02 AM

The first episode is very wonderful and drawing has somehow improved to a great extent and I liked the character of Gon and kurapika I love this anime from the beginning it shows that he is anime more than wonderful It seems that he will be very beautiful

May 13, 2018 6:23 AM

And thus my long journey of watching Hunter x Hunter begins! I liked the first episode. I'm not completely hooked yet, but the show looks promising quality-wise. The story seems fairly standard and so do the characters... but from what I heard they will get a lot more development down the line, so I am looking forward to that.

The action seems very shonen-esque, if that makes sense. Which I am not opposed to, but I have to get used to it again since I watched shows that are a lot different in that regard in the recent past. But I absolutely loved FMA:B, so I think I should be able to enjoy this, too.

May 14, 2018 3:54 PM

I really liked it! The characters are already pulling me in and I'm curious to know more. Excited to see what's coming.

May 15, 2018 10:46 AM

Gon reimnded of ash ketchum..lol good build up and ending

May 19, 2018 5:28 PM

Rewatching.Almost forgot how good that ending song was.

It was a fine first episode,but the real fun has yet to start.
One Piece episode 914 & 915 were a mistake.

Aug 29, 2018 10:31 AM

I am rewatching it right now, as it just started airing with a German dub for the first time. And it's great! I almost teared up upon seeing the beginning again, and having the chance to see it pretty much with new eyes again thansk to the dub.

The German dub is far from great, but so far it's not bad either. Kurapika sounds a lot more girlish and Leorio doesn't sound nearly as awesome and funny, but Gon sounds okay and the overall quality is pretty decent. I just hope they won't fuck up certain characters voices in the future... I think I can live with the ones I've heard so far though.

Nov 12, 2018 8:50 AM

Hmm, first time watching this series. Animation looks really good, characters looke to be really fun to watch, looks pretty good for a shounen series. Beginning was kinda okay thought.

Good first episode.

10/10

Dec 21, 2018 3:22 PM

Starting from zero again, well this sure is going to be quite the ride! It hasn't been too long since I've finished the original but well let's give this "remake" a watch!

Jun 26, 2019 4:15 PM

YES! ITS FUCKING HUNTER X HUNTER REWATCHING TIME!!!!

Jul 16, 2019 11:51 PM
this is so amazing. everything happening so first on this series..

Sep 9, 2019 5:26 AM

I honestly hate myself for waiting so long to watch this amazing series!
It only took me about a week and a half to watch it all and within that time, it easily made it to my top three.

This first episode was fun! Gon is really easy to like and seems to carry so much innocence and kindness. I wasn’t as crazy about Leorio at the time but he really grew on me ofc. And Kurapika’s pretty cool too. It was nice to see how quickly they all became friends and how well they worked together. Other than that, not much else went down, but it was a great start to a wonderful journey❤️

Also, the op and ed are AMAZING

Sep 28, 2019 5:41 AM

Gon's a prodigy just like his father and he passed the first part of the Hunter Exam preliminaries right at the first episode. He even helped Kurapika and Leorio get on the Captain's good side by jumping ship!

It's a pretty good first episode but I'm expecting even greater later on! The opening's actually really catchy and Fear and Loathing with the ED was surprising~

Nov 24, 2019 2:13 PM
EOussama

Man, it feels so strange to finally give this a shot, but also extremely welcoming at the same time. I'm going to enjoy this. Only one episode in and yet a lot has happened.

Jan 10, 8:11 AM
hunter x hunter is my fav anime cause kil is my fav character of all animes thats why i love it much.

Jan 19, 4:44 AM
here we go again for the fourth rewatch :")

Jan 19, 5:28 PM

I'm finally watching this after seeing that clown guy everywhere lol (I forgot his name but I'm sure it starts with an H).
Hopefully, I enjoy this anime.

Feb 4, 12:45 PM

Pretty childish cringe-tier start, it's kinda feels like Sonic the Hedgehog. I bet that all this inadequate hype was based on females and moe-fetishists. Never watched any trash like Naruto or Bleach but I guess both of them are in the same shit category.

Feb 13, 8:45 AM
Lawgun said:
Pretty childish cringe-tier start, it's kinda feels like Sonic the Hedgehog. I bet that all this inadequate hype was based on females and moe-fetishists. Never watched any trash like Naruto or Bleach but I guess both of them are in the same shit category.

As someone who is currently on episode 77, I can guarantee this show gets way way way better after the first few episodes.

Criticism is cheap. There are flaws in everything. No work of art will be loved by everyone. Now can everyone just chill?

Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]