Forums
New
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jul 8, 2015 11:02 AM
▬▬ι═══════ﺤ

Feb 2012
vodall said:
Toarujisuru said:
You can already add favourite studios under favorite people.

No you can't, or at least not to my knowledge. There are some doujin circles in the people database, which may be what you're thinking of.

Ah, yes, you are correct. My mistake. I did confuse the two. I really should have known better since when you click on a studios name under anime info it takes you directly to a listing of anime rather than an info page.
"There is nothing outside of yourself that enables you to get better. Everything is within. Seek nothing outside of yourself." ⛩️

Jul 19, 2015 12:56 PM

Sep 2014
Bumping this.
I think favorite studio entry is something that's quite good to add since there are people like me that attracted to a show just because I like the studio that adapt them, having a favorite studio feature in the profile is pretty good suggestion imo.
[i][b]I'am the Mayor of under development residential called MAL Backstreet Residential.
Now what are you waiting for?! Come join us at MAL Backstreet Residential!!
[/i][/b]
Jul 19, 2015 12:59 PM

Apr 2014
I thought this was a good idea at first before, but then I realized it would consist of pretty much of only Madhouse, Ghibli, ufotable, Shaft, and KyoAni.

I guess trolls would put like Deen or Toei in theirs.

There would not be much variety is what I'm trying to convey.
Jul 19, 2015 2:07 PM
Mar 2014
Yeah, I don't think there's enough variety to warrant a 'favourite studios' section. For now, you can use your about me or blog to make a list of yours.
Jul 19, 2015 2:20 PM

Oct 2009
Protaku94 said:
I thought this was a good idea at first before, but then I realized it would consist of pretty much of only Madhouse, Ghibli, ufotable, Shaft, and KyoAni.

Sowhat? Just proves they are that good/popular. It's not worse than any anime at the top
Besides, what would be interesting is looking at the middle/bottom part of the list, if not top
Jul 19, 2015 3:58 PM

Apr 2014
Serhiyko said:
Protaku94 said:

Sowhat? Just proves they are that good/popular. It's not worse than any anime at the top
Besides, what would be interesting is looking at the middle/bottom part of the list, if not top

Most casual anime fans can't even name more than 7 or so studios, and those that can will have their lists looking a lot like the one I described.
Persoanlly, I'd just look at people's list to see if Madhouse or ufotable is their #1. That's as much variety as you're going to get.
Jul 19, 2015 7:26 PM

Oct 2009
Protaku94 said:
Most casual anime fans can't even name more than 7 or so studios, and those that can will have their lists looking a lot like the one I described.
Persoanlly, I'd just look at people's list to see if Madhouse or ufotable is their #1. That's as much variety as you're going to get.

I bet most casual anime fans can't name more than 10 voice actors out of their head without looking them up, which doesn't stop the site from having favourite people lists
Jul 19, 2015 7:41 PM

Apr 2014
Serhiyko said:
Protaku94 said:

I bet most casual anime fans can't name more than 10 voice actors out of their head without looking them up, which doesn't stop the site from having favourite people lists

Except Favorite People includes much more than just voice actors, and there are far, far more voice actors than there are studios.
Jul 19, 2015 7:50 PM

Sep 2013
I was thinking the same thing

I like the idea

Jul 19, 2015 8:26 PM

Nov 2007
Protaku94 said:
there are far, far more voice actors than there are studios.

To give you a perspective, there are currently 859 producers and 25536 people listed on MAL, from what I could count. Only 2810 people (11%) are favorited by more than 10 users, while 15687 people (61%) aren't favorited at all.
Jul 19, 2015 8:28 PM

Mar 2015
Protaku94 said:

lol

Ot:great idea,I'm all for it
Jul 19, 2015 9:04 PM

Apr 2014
erengy said:
Protaku94 said:
there are far, far more voice actors than there are studios.

To give you a perspective, there are currently 859 producers and 25536 people listed on MAL, from what I could count. Only 2810 people (11%) are favorited by more than 10 users, while 15687 people (61%) aren't favorited at all.

You could say the same thing about favorited anime. Keep in mind though that a good portion of users don't even use the favorite people feature, with less even using the full allotted slots for it.
Jul 19, 2015 9:07 PM

Oct 2009
Protaku94 said:
You could say the same thing about favorited anime. Keep in mind though that a good portion of users don't even use the favorite people feature, with less even using the full allotted slots for it.

So can you say what studio would be rated first, what studio second, what third and fourth? I would be actually interested to see that, and I am not that knowledgeable to guess it
Jul 19, 2015 9:11 PM

Apr 2014
Serhiyko said:
Protaku94 said:

So can you say what studio would be rated first, what studio second, what third and fourth? I would be actually interested to see that, and I am not that knowledgeable to guess it

My favorite studio, and probably 25% of everyone else's, is either Madhouse or ufotable. Your chances of guessing it are not that bad.
Jul 19, 2015 9:22 PM

Oct 2009
Protaku94 said:
My favorite studio, and probably 25% of everyone else's, is either Madhouse or ufotable. Your chances of guessing it are not that bad.

So which one is it? And what about third and fourth?
Jul 19, 2015 10:29 PM

Nov 2007
This is probably a naive way to do things, but I sorted all producers according to (f/n), where f is the number of users who have favorited an anime from the producer, and n is the total number of anime produced by them:

Jul 19, 2015 10:36 PM

Apr 2014
Serhiyko said:
Protaku94 said:

So which one is it? And what about third and fourth?

1st Madhouse
2nd ufotable
3rd A-1
4th P.A Works
5th KyoAni

I can pretty much guarantee almost everyone's top 5 would have at least ufotable or Madhouse in it, if not both.
Jul 20, 2015 2:42 AM

Oct 2009
Protaku94 said:
1st Madhouse
2nd ufotable
3rd A-1
4th P.A Works
5th KyoAni

I can pretty much guarantee almost everyone's top 5 would have at least ufotable or Madhouse in it, if not both.

Where is Sunrise? And what's that P.A Works, it usually only does Animation Work or Work Assistance as far as I see
SerhiykoJul 20, 2015 2:49 AM
Jul 20, 2015 6:37 AM

Sep 2013
Serhiyko said:
Protaku94 said:
1st Madhouse
2nd ufotable
3rd A-1
4th P.A Works
5th KyoAni

Where is Sunrise? And what's that P.A Works, it usually only does Animation Work or Work Assistance as far as I see

hey my number 1 is P.A Works (Progressive Animation Works)
They make awesome anime
-Hanasaku Hiroha
-Nagi no Asukara
- Charlotte
-Shirobako
-Tari Tari
-Another
-Angel Beats
give a little respect aye? D:
trabeus1Jul 20, 2015 6:47 AM

Jul 20, 2015 7:22 AM

Jul 2014
I see complaining about diversity and everyone liking the same studios but honestly I'd only have one studio I see mentioned in here in my favorites. I wouldn't mind this feature.
Jul 20, 2015 7:31 AM
Mar 2011
i bet most casual fans can only name nder a combined 20 direors animators studios seiyuu ect thats brcause of late the industry has bacome over run with idol seiyuu this people getting picked for looks over skill ie to look god in press pics and what not
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Jul 20, 2015 7:46 AM

Jul 2011
Protaku94 said:

1st Madhouse
2nd ufotable
3rd A-1
4th P.A Works
5th KyoAni

http://graph.anime.plus/Protaku94/favorites,anime

Your automatic-generated top studios:

1 Madhouse
2 Nippon Television Network Corporation
3 Animation Do
4 VAP
5 Sunrise

Only the first matches xD Your second favorite studio appears in position 33.
Jul 20, 2015 2:28 PM

Apr 2014
BlindNoldor said:
Protaku94 said:

1st Madhouse
2nd ufotable
3rd A-1
4th P.A Works
5th KyoAni

http://graph.anime.plus/Protaku94/favorites,anime

Your automatic-generated top studios:

1 Madhouse
2 Nippon Television Network Corporation
3 Animation Do
4 VAP
5 Sunrise

Only the first matches xD Your second favorite studio appears in position 33.

Madhouse is obvious for me, but when it comes to my favorite studios at least, it's more subjective for me. You make some of my favorite anime, and I love you - simple as that.
I haven't seen too many ufotable anime either, and there isn't really that many to be honest, so that's probably why it's rated so low for me on MALgraph.
Jul 20, 2015 2:48 PM

Jul 2011
Protaku94 said:

Madhouse is obvious for me, but when it comes to my favorite studios at least, it's more subjective for me. You make some of my favorite anime, and I love you - simple as that.
I haven't seen too many ufotable anime either, and there isn't really that many to be honest, so that's probably why it's rated so low for me on MALgraph.

Yeah, I wasn't trying to refute you, it was just curious that, aside from the first one, none of them matched your list and by a huge margin. Actually, if you think about it, the reason is quite easy. When you usually talk about favorite studio/artist/etc. you only value (or give more weight to) those you liked and tend to "forgive" those you didn't while MALgraph uses a weighted average so the positive counts as much as the negative, as well as the amount it has who make studios with few animes go lower.

Anyway, in my favorite studios of MALgraph Toei appears first, so I may be one of those "trolls" to you ;)
Jul 20, 2015 3:12 PM

Apr 2014
BlindNoldor said:
Protaku94 said:

Yeah, I wasn't trying to refute you, it was just curious that, aside from the first one, none of them matched your list and by a huge margin. Actually, if you think about it, the reason is quite easy. When you usually talk about favorite studio/artist/etc. you only value (or give more weight to) those you liked and tend to "forgive" those you didn't while MALgraph uses a weighted average so the positive counts as much as the negative, as well as the amount it has who make studios with few animes go lower.

Anyway, in my favorite studios of MALgraph Toei appears first, so I may be one of those "trolls" to you ;)

lol it's all good. I only really trust MALgraph for averaging everything together like my mean score.

The question is, would you really put Toei as your favorite studio 0.0?
Jul 20, 2015 4:31 PM

Jul 2011
Protaku94 said:

Hmmmm, maybe. Probably not first (Madhouse here), but at least in the top 3 or 5 almost sure. I don't understand all that hate, only for the Dragon Ball, One Piece and Digimon franchises they are worth a high position. Even if they are low quality in many aspects at least they have some worthy titles.
Jul 20, 2015 5:10 PM
Jul 2018
Seconded.
Jul 20, 2015 5:15 PM

Apr 2014
BlindNoldor said:
Protaku94 said:

Hmmmm, maybe. Probably not first (Madhouse here), but at least in the top 3 or 5 almost sure. I don't understand all that hate, only for the Dragon Ball, One Piece and Digimon franchises they are worth a high position. Even if they are low quality in many aspects at least they have some worthy titles.

I kind of like Toei too lol. But everyone seems to talk smack about them so I just go with it haha.
They did make up a lot of our childhood after all.
Jul 20, 2015 5:17 PM
Mar 2011
people who hate toei have no idea how the industry work s
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Jul 20, 2015 5:18 PM

Apr 2014
FGAU1912 said:
people who hate toei have no idea how the industry work s
this

ppl dont realize that toei can be better than ghibli at times
Jul 22, 2015 10:14 AM

Apr 2014
Seconded this.
Sep 26, 2015 3:40 AM

Mar 2014
This should definitely be a thing...
Hell, there should be a larger focus on studios across the entire site.

We can't even search by studio.

There should be dedicated studio pages, too... which users can fill out with a brief history, and which sorts that studio's works chronologically, not just alphabetically.
::End of Transmission::

Sep 26, 2015 4:45 AM

Oct 2009
vigorousjammer said:
We can't even search by studio.

Go to "Anime Search" page; you can access it from drop-down menu when you hover over "Anime" in the top menu:

Then click "Advanced Search":

Then you can select the Studio in the drop-down list:

Click "Search Anime" to get the list of results
Oct 11, 2015 10:42 AM
Jul 2018
+1
Oct 11, 2015 10:49 AM

Mar 2014
only if i can put a-1 in all the slots
Oct 11, 2015 1:21 PM

Nov 2014
I guess that won't hurt anyone.

Oct 11, 2015 1:24 PM

Jun 2014
It should be limited to 2-3 though if ever implemented, otherwise there would be too much of the same
Jan 13, 2016 1:59 PM

Jan 2015
Since there are the favorite characters, people, manga, etc...why not adding studios to the favorites list? It could be an interesting change, I'd like to see the favorite studios of a person.
Jan 13, 2016 2:20 PM
Jul 2018
...then add favourite openings, endings, studios, producers, genres, fandoms... You get the idea, let's keep it simple.
Jan 13, 2016 5:42 PM
Community Admin
sunny moment

May 2010
I think first priority is to add studios into the people db, then you can have all the favourites you want. But you know what's weird, we have some visual novel studios floating around in the people category for some reason. It's not complete even if it is only for studios with an VN adaptation of some kind.

eg. Key and minori.

--

Threads merged
Jan 13, 2016 5:59 PM

Mar 2010
Well shit yeah I'm not against this. The devs could actually put our current favorite closer together to create room for the favorite studio. They seem a bit farther apart than what is necessary..

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jun 19, 2016 6:11 AM
Jan 2016
I feel like this would be a nice addition to peoples favorites.
Jun 19, 2016 6:20 AM
Mar 2012
whats a studio list
Jun 19, 2016 6:58 AM

Oct 2014
Godspeed1 said:
whats a studio list
Probably means to add a studio like BONES or TRIGGER to one's favourites I think.
---
Personally, I don't see the point of having one cuz all studio at least have one bad anime out there. But then again, enjoyment is subjective so I can't say definitively. At this point, I don't want this to be implemented.
I don't know why people write that they are approachable persons,
if you were you wouldn't be on MAL.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Extended families or lovers on MAL are a farce.
Jun 19, 2016 6:59 AM

Dec 2015
I'm sure this (or something similar) has been requested before and refused.

But if you really want one, you could always list them in your 'About Me' section.

Jun 19, 2016 9:20 AM

Oct 2014
well yeah, people never really care to use the search function and it's useless at times as well. Anyway, I found a 2008 old thread for it: http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=34159&show=0
Another one: http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1403361&show=0
I don't know why people write that they are approachable persons,
if you were you wouldn't be on MAL.
Extended families or lovers on MAL are a farce.
Jun 19, 2016 5:27 PM

Oct 2014
You can already add your favourite directors which tend to be more important towards how the anime are made. You can always use your about me or a blog post to list your favourite studios.
Jun 22, 2016 1:20 PM

Oct 2015
I think that would be a good idea.
Sep 10, 2016 9:27 AM

Apr 2013
Deen FTW!!! Give Deen to the ppl. You can do it MAL.
A Story will always come to it's end. The thing is, will you move on after it's over?
Sep 11, 2016 5:09 AM

Apr 2014
Well, this would be nice. Although it's posted over a year ago..
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Add list setting to make notes private (on public lists)

S_h_a_r_k_93 - Nov 12, 2022

25 by anonymate »»
9 hours ago

» Add number of episodes and number of members in the advanced search.

Yacine2104 - Jan 10

8 by Alexioos95 »»
Yesterday, 12:26 PM

» Local Language districts

kuroneko99 - Apr 22

5 by Luchipher-Zen »»
Apr 23, 1:02 PM

Poll: » Change picture of favorite character ( 1 2 )

gehoti2822 - Nov 12, 2022

60 by AgravityBoy »»
Apr 23, 9:09 AM

» Corporate images

Noctisnox - May 15, 2023

19 by himanshi122 »»
Apr 19, 5:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.